[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Halo universe >Humans manage to overcome literally hopeless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>Halo universe
>Humans manage to overcome literally hopeless odds with unbelievable resourcefulness, self sacrifice, and camaraderie
>Even the Sangheilli openly comment upon the spirit of humanity's resistance
>Spartans are literal legends, operating with such grace and power that when one of them dies, his friend bitterly comments on how he would gladly trade 10,000 covenant lives for the life of one Spartan
>Halo 4 rolls around
>HURR DURR, MASTER CHEEF KEEF IS ACTUSLY FORERUNNER GMO, LMAO xDDDD
>HUMANITEE'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS MEANT NOTHING BECAUSE IT WAS ALL PRE-DETERMINED HAHA xDDDD

...Why did they do it, brehs? Why did we let them get away with this?
>>
Because Microsoft are Hacks who care only about shitting out generic shooter after generic shooter until all the goodwill associated with the Halo brand has been completely burned out.
>>
Because lore has always been a nice thing on the side to the glory that was Halo multiplayer, so no one really gave a shit.

They didn't even really get away with it because Halo 5's multiplayer is really good. They know they fucked up, and they're fixing the core of Halo first. We won't know until Halo 6 if they fix the extras, but if the multiplayer is anything like 5 in terms of quality, then it doesn't really matter.
>>
Huh? MC only got forerunner fuckery after 4, not before.
>>
the pressure for a 4th game was massive, microsoft needed money, gears wasn't a large enough flagship
and I thought that chosen guy shit was just because Chief was lucky and was there at the right time
any human in power armor + AI (like the forerunners) would have been considered a reclaimer

just disassociate 4, 5 and 6 from the first 3
Master Chief is still sleeping in space
>>
>>380433428
Story-wise, it was ruined after Halo CE. The moment the Elites started to sound like bad actors from Star Trek TNG, it was over. The Brutes and Elites should've had their own language, and the story should've revolved around the marines, not the Arbiter shit. It became a vehicle to peddle cute merchandise to kids, when it should've tried to be scarier.

>>380436121
>so no one really gave a shit.
You're wrong on that part. People were obsessed with the story up until about H3.
>>
>>380433428
Halo ended the way it began, on reach.

>tfw objective: Survive
>>
I played Halo 4 and 5 and I'm just more confused. How can Master Chief be Space Jesus? Is the universe predetermined by that Forerunner lady? How is that possible? Why the fuck are we still fighting Prometheans outside of Requiem? Why does the covenant still exist with elites in it after the attempted genocide and the truth of the Halo rings being discovered? I'm sorry if they explained this shit in the books but I honestly can't remember answers for this shit in the games
>>
>>380437906
That's because the games answer nothing mow, you have to read the books to understand anything now.
>>
File: 1496472841834.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496472841834.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>380433428
343i could not bear the burden and they devolved Halo into another boring MP focused franchise. They fucked up everything lore-wise
>>380437494
Halo as people came to know it, ended with Bungie. Now it's CoD with fancier armor suits, nothing more
>>
>>380436313
You're supposed to start reading at the top, not the bottom.
>>
>>380437906
I completely blocked out all the Space-Jesus crap for my own mental health, but pretty much what happened is:
>UNSC BTFO of Covenant
>Reverse-engineer tech brings new scientific golden age to humanity, like how America confiscated German and Japanese research after WW2
>Elites lead by Arbiter (Swords of Sanghellios) taking back home planet from Covenant-loyalist Elites
>Covenant-loyalists are just minority remnants left over after the Covenant fell
>UNSC trying to stay neutral in their civil war, but it's implied ONI have been supplying them with weapons and logistics (more of a popular fan theory than it is actual canon)
>Rest of Covenant races either scatter, go back to their homeworld, become pirates, or become mercenaries

That's...That's about it. Those were the only tidbits left from the Halo franchise that could be distinctly recognized as "Halo" any more. Fire Team Osiris was pretty /k/ though. Even the bit-rate Spartan 4's still look legendary in combat. No matter how shitty they are, Spartans are still Spartans.
>>
>>380437906
Because hack writers like nothing more than the chosen one trope.

Cuts out a lot of the annoying part of their job which is character development and internal consistency.
>>
Because it was written by the guy who did Mass Effect: Andromeda

top kek
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.