[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went so horribly right, /v/ros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: The_Last_Guardian_cover_art.jpg (44KB, 392x431px) Image search: [Google]
The_Last_Guardian_cover_art.jpg
44KB, 392x431px
what went so horribly right, /v/ros?
>>
>>380431986
the $15 dollar price tag certainly helped.
>>
Rushed ending, no real secrets except for barrels costumes, Trico is fucking dumb, Trico doesn't die
>>
It might have been more interesting ten years ago
>>
Everything. It was exactly what I wanted/expected as a fan of ICO/SotC.

I don't know why retards like this one >>380432264 are buttmad.

>Rushed ending
Except it isn't.

>no real secrets
Tell me about REAL secrets in ICO/SotC, I wait.

>Trico is fucking dumb
Wow... It's just as if... Just like... My god, this is groundbreaking... It's just as if he was... you know... an animal.

>Trico doesn't die
That's not a con, you edgy faglord.
>>
>>380433990
So this.

It's unbelievable that such a game exists and is executed so well. No open world, no crafting, no rpg elements. Focus on exploration, companionship and ultimately loss.

That fucking tutorial hud was the pits though and the trophies are near impossible to get
>>
>>380433990
>Bad AI is excused because MUH ANIMAL
If something makes a game more frustrating that is entirely independent of your own skill, it is bad design period
>>
I didn't like it because Ico is a boring game and this is a lot like Ico

a flowering partnership is also getting overplayed in vidya at this point, and other games have done it better
>>
Beautiful art direction. It's the core of Ueda's games, and this was no different. Loved every second of it.
>>
>>380435226
It's a story driven game about companionship, so sorry it doesn't have tight gameplay and CUHRAYZZEE XDXD combos, anon.

As for Trico, Ueda himself stated that they wanted to make him feel as independent on player/close to real animal behaviour as possible. They succeeded no matter what's your opinion on that.
>>
Honest question: Is part of the reason why people like games like Ico and this to try and feel superior/smug? Because I don't see the enjoyment in these games.
>>
>>380432264
>barrels costumes

What?
>>
>>380435226
It's a cat-dog-bird.
Let me see your dog jump a bridge for you.
Oh wait! Let's see your trained cat or bird "sit". I'll wait for the gif.

Go make your own game faggot.
>>
>>380435616

Feeling a bond with Trico is absolutely essential to enjoying the game. It's essentially a buddy exploration game.
>>
20 fps
>>
>>380435768
Not really senpai. I mean I liked Trico but the reason I loved the game as a whole was because it was like a really fucking cool painting that I could explore and be a part of. The Nest is absolutely phenomenal.
>>
>>380435878
I had no problem on my pro. You should not buy hardware when it comes out my dude, common sense.
The only flaw of this game is its none existent replayability, it's the kind you play once every 10years if you really want.
No platforming game to date gave me this gut wrenching feeling of imminent fall, if you're afraid of heights be ready for a nightmare it's something else.
>>
File: 200w_s.gif (16KB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
200w_s.gif
16KB, 200x113px
Uh, fuck all?

I got this for free with my PS4 and it bored me to fucking tears when it wasn't frustrating me into an early grave, and I liked his last two games. It was really charming and sweet at first, but the 5th or 6th time the boy passes out or Trico seems like he's dead, it all felt emotionally cheap. "Oh no! The cute catdogbird got hurt! You must really feel sad!"

Wrestling with his fucking AI was hell on earth throughout, but I found an even worse place during the last big battle with all of the soldiers. I don't know if it was because I was playing on hard mode, but trying to get him to attack in a reasonable amount of time (ie; before I was grabbed or before a prick with a glass eye shield came out again) was completely left in the air. Same with trying to get him to catch me at certain sections.
At least with SotC, the horse had simple functions and rarely needed to get involved with fights. But this fucking thing. Holy balls, I've not been so frustrated with a game in years.

Also also, the story did not need to be as long as it was and I saw the twist coming a fucking mile away. The ONLY moment where it got interesting was towards the end when you see the weird, alien-like shit in the tower. But even that felt like it was done better in Okami.
>>
>>380435226
ueda said himself they could have made trico responsive like a robot but that would make the game lose its entire point

it's a conscious decision to make you develop a relationship with him
>>
>>380433990
Both Ico and SotC have secret weapons/items and also secret areas (watermelon beach/apple garden).
TLG has nothing except for a few costumes unlocked by giving barrels to Trico and a "weapon" that changes the colour of Trico's fur
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.