[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no hype for the new Xbox?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 234234.jpg (191KB, 480x1440px) Image search: [Google]
234234.jpg
191KB, 480x1440px
Why is there no hype for the new Xbox?
>>
Nobody cares about MS anymore
>>
Your specs don't matter when your games aren't fun.
>>
>>380431341
If you have a capable PC there's literally no reason to buy this. The "exclusives" they have are either timed or on PC.
It's also too expensive. Had they matched the PS4 price point and sold it at a loss to try and regain some ground this gen I think they could've made more waves, but they really shot themselves in the foot with the price point yet again.
>>
File: smugumeme.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smugumeme.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>380431836
At least they're not movies
>>
>>380431341
$499
>>
>>380431341
because we already knew about the Scorpio since last year

My guess is that people will probably take a look around November/Black Friday/Christmas
>>
>>380431341
No weeb games
>>
File: reeeeee.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>380431341
Get this reddit meme outta here.
>>
>>380431341
Because all of it's worthwhile games can also be played on my PC which is better.
>>
>>380431836
what games
>>
>>380431341

Because for 499 bucks you can just upgrade your PC and play all of its game if you swallow the bitter pill that is win10
>>
Consoles are about exclusives. I know there's MS marketers reading this post, I know they report back to their higher ups, why don't you forward this post to them? They need to understand that console gaming is literally pointless without exclusives. Nobody wants a "supercharged console/PC hybrid" or whatever the fuck they're trying to market the Scorpio as, Valve tried that and failed years ago, and existing Xbone owners aren't going to give a shit about upgrading just like how existing PS4 owners didn't give a shit about the Pro. You can't sell a fucking console without their main incentive: GAMES.
>>
>>380431341
No halo or gears.

Seriously, as much as everyone has a go at them for this, you just cant launch a new console without showing one of these two. Racing sims and some random ips just arent enough to generate the hype.

Thats why nintendo straight off the bat launched with mario and zelda, the two flagship titles. That gets people talking and excited."4k" is just boring and puts people to sleep when most people dont have a 4k tv or dont care about ever getting one.
>>
>>380431341
No my PC has better specs.
>>
So is the official abbreviation Xbone X or Xbonx?
>>
>>380434353
Not really. Multiplats sell the most on consoles.
>>
>>380434484

They thought they were being clever by having X Box One X being abbreviated as XBOX. Nobody's gonna call it that though.
>>
>>380431341

Because you can get the same specs on a $250 laptop.
>>
>>380434484

xXxBONExXx
>>
>>380431341
If I want to play on a high powered machine I play on my PC. Nintendo makes games for fun
>>
>>380431341

No games and all the games they did show are also for PC, so if you care about specs so much PC is vastly superior to XboneX in that regard.
>>
>>380431341
no killer app at launch. wanting to be a continuation of the box "familly" is a mistake. It means the system will never have a game that push it to its limits as long as the older models are out. Same shit as the ps4pro.
>>
>>380434020
>complains about reddit memes while posting a sad frog meme

MEGALUL
>>
>>380431341
There aren't many xbros here, this is nintendo and brony land, always has been.
>>
>>380434484
No it's Xbox, you see it comes full circle
>>
>$500 for a hardware upgrade to watch television
I wonder why it isn't exciting
>>
Why is it "Xbox Onex" and not "XboX XoneX"?
>>
>>380431341
Even if it's just a dumb strawman image it's still got a point. The bottom one is hyping a gameplay mechanic. The top one is hyping specs that will make your dull games super-good looking...but not really because the art design is still bland as hell.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.