[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sony vs Microsoft vs Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

First describe your platform.
Mostly Xbot here.

> Sony
Sony had a fantastic year with some huge releases. Yakuza, Persona, Nioh and few others.
With that in mind their presentation was just underwhelming.
Spiderman was one, huge QTE.
Days Gone seems... generic.
God of War is nothing close to old ones. I feel cinematics, not crazy smash everything gameplay.
Shadow of Collosus is nice.

> Microsoft
XboneX seems like a nice piece of tech with a good price. But can't justify its purchase over another console as it brings more games.
Not to mention that I own 13 out of 60 games with confirmed 4K patch.
Games looked more like indie games show. They went with numbers over quality.
Of course there were some good games there - Metro, The Last Night, Ori, Rivals of Aether, Battlerite and Path of Exile ports.
Crackdown 3 looked disappointing as fuck on trailer. But after they have shown some gameplay my reception got much warmer. Silly, crazy game with some cool ideas. But it's not AAA.
In general M$ sucks in regard of producing AAA games which sucks.
At least Sea of Thieves is still good.
And Xbox compatibility is a nice bonus for nostalgia fags.

> Nintendo
I have to admit that I was impressed with how much of a buzz they generated in 25 minutes.
Strong reveals: Pokemon for Switch, two Metroids, Kirby.
But what is most important - Mario Odyssey looks fun as fuck.
They won with sheer power of skngle game.
Oh, Rocket League on switch sounds like a nice idea.

Sony: 4/10
Microsoft: 6/10
Nintendo: 8/10
>>
>>380424890
>Sony

>Sony conference
It was shit. Nothing we didn't know about outside of SoTC being brought to PS4.. When it didn't need to be.

>Microsoft conference.
It was shit. Introducing a 4k gaming machine that can play 20 year old games was the biggest thing.

>Nintendo
Just don't even care at this point. Nothing they have to offer is what I want.
>>
File: LaughingElfMan.jpg (16KB, 255x352px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingElfMan.jpg
16KB, 255x352px
>>380425115
>jaded gamur meme
>>
>>380425297
Not jaded at all.
>>
File: E3 2012 REPORT CARD.png (238KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
E3 2012 REPORT CARD.png
238KB, 900x1000px
I'm an avid PC gamer and Nintendo's conference made me actually hype to buy a Switch.

BoW expansions look cool, especially Master Quest stuff and Trial of the Sword

Mario Odyssey might be GOTY

New Metroid might be cool.

Mario and Rabbids is ridiculous but looks like it'll overcome any weirdness issues with incredible polish and actual fun.

I liked Xbox's presentation, and I'm real happy that most of their games will also be available on Windows 10. Fell a little flat with the X1, given the Project Scorpio was hyped as 'next gen' but interesting nonetheless.

I don't understand why everyone screams about 'exclusives'; why the fuck wouldn't you want games to be available on as many different platforms as possible so everyone can enjoy them?

Much better E3 than pic related
>>
File: l_264.jpg (76KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
l_264.jpg
76KB, 800x450px
>>380424890
>Sony
The only game that looked remotely playable was Days Gone. God of War and Spider-Man both look terrible. QTEs? Really? People are excited about that? Pathetic. Days Gone might take after the last of us a lot but at least it's not gimped like god of war. Don't care about Shadow. I've already played it.
>Microsoft
Scorpio looks kinda lame. Didn't care about any of the games they announced, it was mostly indies.
>Nintendo
I still want Smash and Virtual Console. Hopefully they'll announce something during treehouse. SMO looks GOAT as fuck. Second trailer made it look even better. Metroid Prime 4 is awesome, of course. But it kinda bugs me they didn't announce they were working on Pokemon during the Pokemon direct. They obviously were already but why not just announce it before? Otherwise they had a really strong E3. Splatoon 2, XC2, SMO all look great. Plus Kirby and Yoshi. I also wanted Zelda DLC 1 earlier but it makes sense they spaced it away from the ARMS launch. Fire Emblem Warriors looks lame. I'd rather have Hyrule Warriors instead.
>>
>>380425646
Xbone ended up as a simple normie alternative for Win10 PC. Think Steambox. It's not a bad thing though - especially not for gamers.

I own old PC that is running Linux & Xbone so I don't complain.
>>
>>380426117
Exactly, the fact they're release everything on PC as well just saves me from having to drop money on another console.

Thinking of getting a Switch just for the variety; PS4 has a few good exclusives (SotC remaster looks great), but I feel like PC can plug most of the gaps, whereas Nintendo usually is good for coming out with really neat games like Okami that aren't out on anything else.
>>
Primarily So nygger

>Sony
I was expecting lots of Japanese game reveals. I was disappointed. SotC remake looks nice. MH World might be cool but I'm worried it might be too casualised for western audiences.
The pre-show had more interesting games. Also, RIP Caramel.

>Microsoft
Not really interested in 4K. OG Xbox backward compatibility is nice. I might actually buy a regular Xbone if I could find one for dirt cheap.

>Nintendo
Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey look amazing. Pokemon confirmed. Will definitely buy a Switch once the cheaper hardware revision comes out.
>>
>Nintendo 8/10
>literally Kirby/Yoshi budget titles and games we've already seen before
>only new items are literally only "it's in the works lol"
K.

Seeing more SMO is nice, but we've witnessed it since Jan.

How can people be this retarded or have such bad taste.
>>
>>380427504
I might have overvalued Nintendo, I agree. They brought lots of announcement but not that much of a gameplay of future games.
It's Mario effect I guess.
>>
>>380424890
>Xbox
I can see they're going for a "Xbox and windows 10 are now one family" thing, but the fact is this is doesn't benefit Xbox users in the slightest, as their exclusives are given away to PC users and they don't get any of the benefits a real PC gamer gets. It's half baked.

I also didn't like how half the exclusives announced are only timed exclusives. Really big bummer, considering I own an xbox.
6/10

>Sony
I often envied Sony not necessarily for the games they had, buy for the drive the company had to put more games on their console compared to Xbox. The conference was mostly just last year's e3 but with more game play for the announced titles. MonHun is multiplat, thank god, and SotC Is cool and all, but this will be the 2nd rerelease, and I already played it on ps2. If they fix the camera on top of the graphical update, that'd be worth another purchase.

Spent too much time talking about VR. Spiderman looks too cinematicy and QTE heavy. GoW4 looks nothing like the past titles in a bad way.

5/10

>Nintendo
Mostly just showed off Odyssey, which is looking to be a rebirth of SM64 game play which is GOAT. BotW really interested me, and with all these newly announced titles, I might actually buy a switch soon.

8/10
>>
xbox was/is a joke. why should i spend 500 dollars again?

i don't care for mario now throwing his hat and metroid looks bad. i'll still get a switch for zelda

sony was underwhelming. spiderman presentation didn't look too good, except for the swinging. days gone looks too linear.
i'm still hyped for dad of war, though. since last years e3 and that new shield gameplay looked cool
>>
>>380424890
>Nintendo gave a lot of people reasons to get a Switch
>Sony provided a progress report on their 2018 exclusives
>Microsoft showed multiplat indie games and a car

xbox won bros
>>
File: 1485202276662.jpg (119KB, 1024x849px) Image search: [Google]
1485202276662.jpg
119KB, 1024x849px
PC+PS4 master race here

>Xbox
Didn't watch

>PS4
Hyped for SoTC. God of War looks good. Spiderman had way to many QTEs but i'm optimistic based on the info i've read, no moon swinging etc, insomniac developers.

Monster Hunter World made me lose my shit, I hope it's not delayed too long on PC but if it is, I'll likely just double dip.

6/10 on exclusives alone

10/10 on Monster Hunter hype

>Switch
Don't care about Marioshit, never have, never will. Xenoblade 2 looked like a literal offline MMO and Yoshi/Kirby are the definition of kiddieshit. Splatoon 2 is "who cares" tier for me just like the first one.

Metroid Prime has me cautiously optimistic because I love Metroid. Really surprised at the lack of a Smash announcement or new Mario Kart.

Overall, nowhere near enough to sell me on the Switch which still, has no games right now (Can emulate Zelda on my PC).

5/10 on exclusives alone

8/10 on Metroid Prime hype
>>
File: V's Hero.png (298KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
V's Hero.png
298KB, 480x360px
>>380428961
>badmouthing Yoshi and Kirby
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.