[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw Evil Within 2 was one of the most exciting games at E3.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: 1497306947004.jpg (269KB, 600x693px) Image search: [Google]
1497306947004.jpg
269KB, 600x693px
>tfw Evil Within 2 was one of the most exciting games at E3.

What a shitshow.
>>
>Getting excited for a sequel to the most generic horror TPS ever made
>>
DBZ and Monster Hunter were way better reveals. The entire Bethesda conference was really shit
>>
So we just make sequels without explaining the first shitty story
>>
>>380424204
>being so miserable that you post in threads of games/series you don't like
>>
TEW was a breddy gud game, I'm excited for the sequel.
>>
>>380424204
>Silent HIll 4's concept combined with Resident Evil 4's gameplay.
>Not worth getting excited over.
Did you only play the introduction stage or something?
>>
File: TEW2.jpg (594KB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
TEW2.jpg
594KB, 3036x4048px
This is pretty neat desu
>>
>>380424204
>TEW
>Generic

Nah, mechanically it's super unique. Stuff like the matches add a ton of nuance to how you engage with enemies.

Hopefully the sequel fixes the polish issues.
>>
>>380425042
I really don't like systems with huge logos or huge art on them like that. Just feels like you're being sponsored or something.
>>
>>380425128
matches are the most retarded shit in the entire game, especially when they're introduced in a way that would imply they serve the same purpose as in RE.
That and the ebin zombie look over its shoulder that's totally not from RE scene just proves how much of a hack Mikami is.
>>
>>380425697
>matches are the most retarded shit in the entire game, especially when they're introduced in a way that would imply they serve the same purpose as in RE.

That's your problem, you tried to approach this as if it was Resident Evil and it isn't.
>>
>>380425786
>you tried to approach this as if it was Resident Evil and it isn't.
And that's why it is pointless. pressing c next to a stack of hay or a dead body while an enemy is attacking you to burn them both is not what I'd call a "ton of nuance".
>>
>>380426065
>And that's why it is pointless. pressing c next to a stack of hay or a dead body while an enemy is attacking you to burn them both is not what I'd call a "ton of nuance".

When you're playing on higher difficulties you actually have to think about doing stuff like that all the time to save resources.
>>
Agreed, but I also really, really liked TEW. It was one of the games I actively wanted to see.
>>
>>380425042
>owning a meme console
Enjoy chucking that obsolete tech when the PS4.75 is announced.
>>
>>380424123
I wanted to like the first game, but it's just really bad. Having gotten the Platinum for it and all the trophies for the DLC, as well, I can safely say that the entire experience was really poor.

One major problem is the plot: Ruvik can seemingly control any part of the dreamscape that you're in but doesn't just outright kill Sebastian because no reason given.

Moreover, the game can't figure out what it wants to be. It has really generic horror parts strewn throughout the story, but the gameplay is more like something from RE4 or something. There are parts of the game which are extremely "symbolic" and dream-like, but there are other parts that feel more like you're not even in a dream and are just going through an area.

The enemies made acid traps in the hallways of a hotel? What? Why? What the hell? For what purpose? Why does Ruvik have them do this? To torture you? If so, why doesn't he just made acid leak from the ceiling?

Ruvik is made out to be some kind of Ghost In the Shell boogeyman that follows you around, but the end of the game has him turning into a giant Final Fantasy monster for some reason. And then, you find a heavy weapon vehicle flying through the air and shoot him dead with it for some reason. This wakes you up for some reason.

The whole game is a fucking mess.

>>380425128
>knock enemy down
>drop a tiny match on them
>they explode into flames and die
It's really stupid.
>>
Was Damon from Gorillaz singing that Ordinary World cover in the trailer?
>>
>>380426786
>People complain about TEW.
>First thing they bring up is the story.

Everytiem
>>
>>380426990
>stop complaining about the story of a story-driven horror game
If you think the gameplay is what drives TEW, then I feel bad for you because the gameplay is really stiff and inferior to even games like RE4 ( which I don't even like).

However, I will say that the trailer for TEW2 looks absolutely stunning and has completely sparked my interest in the series again. If anything, it may end up being like Uncharted where the first game is just really poor compared to the sequels.
>>
>>380426990
I mean the story is shit, anon.
>>
File: Upset Claire.jpg (27KB, 372x327px) Image search: [Google]
Upset Claire.jpg
27KB, 372x327px
>>380426786
>RE4
>Shoot enemy
>He dies
Se I can do that too. Anything can sound generic when you type like a faggot.
>>
>last time I tried to beat TEW I gave up on Chapter 11
>On Chapter 6 now and it's not so bad

Maybe I gave the game too much shit the first time around for not being as good as RE4, though I think it was the action parts that made me drop the game.

Has Mikami said anything about coming back out of retirement for this? Has he learned his lesson? I'm just surprised that this game is being made after the reception the first game got. I'm not all that thrilled about going back into STEM because there was a certain lack of tension in the game when you'd get flung from one environment to another.
>>
>>380427258
>If you think the gameplay is what drives TEW, then I feel bad for you because the gameplay is really stiff and inferior to even games like RE4 ( which I don't even like).

Gameplay IS what drives TEW.

Since when has a Mikami game been about the story? The story is ultimately just a reason to have a bunch of cool locations.
>>
>>380427258
>doesn't like re4
>first uncharted is poor

You can't just put this much shit taste in a single post anon, you are going to hurt people this way
>>
>>380427650
He said years ago that he he changed his mind after working on TEW and he wants to make a sequel to Dino crisis and Godhand.
>>380427258
>the gameplay is really stiff and inferior to even games like RE4 ( which I don't even like).
Comparing the game's approach to gameplay is pointless because it's different than RE4's.
>>
>>380427731

If Mikami didn't care about the story then he shouldn't have put in so many sequences where you're walking through corridors waiting for the game to tell you the plot or have so many jumbled metaphorical scenes. There is barely any action in the game until Chapter 6 and then as soon as you get to the mansion you have to go through Ruvik's boring sob story. The game IS plot focused and Mikami said as much. He wanted the game to be less B-horror and more pschological and ripped off Silent Hill but made it far more retarded.
>>
>>380427937
>he wants to make a sequel to Dino crisis and Godhand
I want to believe you anon I really do
>>
The checkpoints were too far apart
>>
I started to play the first one, I'm on chapter 2, is there a lot of stealth in this game? I don't really like stealth games.
>>
>>380428095
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/06/29/shinji-mikami-admits-hed-like-to-revisit-dino-crisis-and-god-hand
>>
>>380428098
Casual.
>>
>>380428179
>I don't really like stealth games.
Don't use it then.
>>
>>380428179

Yes and no. Chapter 1 is the only forced stealth segment that I can recall and the game becomes more action focused as it goes. But you'll want to go stealth once in a while in order save resources. Once you learn how to use matches well then you probably don't need to stealth again aside from playing peekaboo with Ruvik.
>>
>>380426786
Ruvik liked Sebastian because he saw how they share the same trauma of losing a loved one to a fire accident.
>>
>>380426786
>I played dozens of hours but I swear the game is bad

Retard
>>
>>380425042
>name is on
Literally 0/10
>>
>>380427650
Got a great reception, except on /v/ because vocal retards hated it for being 2deep4them
>>
>>380426990
The story is a pile of horse shit and so is the gameplay
>>
>>380428965
Wow that's a lot of shit taste for one person
>>
>>380424123
are u me

Evil Within 2 was the real shit among all these generic games. Can't wait, we need more japanese horror games.
>>
>>380429175
I'm so happy to see my homies exited for the sequel
>>
>>380428517
Thank you anon. One more question: is there a recommended upgrade order? I don't want to risk upgrading something useless, or something I would only need later on.
>>
>>380428965
>so is the gameplay
Explain how it is.
>>
>>380429318
Critical
>>
>>380429065
>Evil within
>good taste
>Not the most generic tps ever

enjoy eating your plate of horse shit.
>>
It better be like the main game and not the shitty dlcs.
>>
>>380429464
Why are you here, man? Are you so starved for attention?
>>
>>380429318
Sprinting is the most important. It comes in handy for Laura fights. Melee is kind useless tho. Melee is mainly used for opening enemies up for an counterattack and gaining some space. It doesn't do much damage. Upgrading arrows is smart but they are very strong so you might want to hold off on them unless you are finding the game too difficulty.
>>380429464
>>Not the most generic tps ever
How so?
>>
>>380429329
https://youtu.be/iRSdMIbOicQ?list=PLC_GisvNDYCAcwKh4SwlrCPOfSYCqD1Xd

explain how its not
>>
>>380429464
>tps

yikes
>>
>>380429646
you sound like a bitch who cant take people having negative views about a lame ass game you like.
>>
File: serious hayter.jpg (13KB, 227x274px) Image search: [Google]
serious hayter.jpg
13KB, 227x274px
>>380429660
If you have to post a let's play video instead of voicing your opinion, You clearly didn't play the game and just using other people's playing experience that may or may not even effectively use the mechanics of the game. Pls never post in a TEW thread again.
>>
>>380429441
>start upgrading critical
>enemies start wearing masks

Does attack power help break through them or am I just fucked like having the exclusive on the handgun during the Island chapters in RE4?
>>
>>380429913
you clearly cant defend your shit taste.
>>
>>380424123
there should be a mosaic thread of Evil Within 2
>>
File: Prime-header3-EMEA_270092.jpg (515KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prime-header3-EMEA_270092.jpg
515KB, 1920x1080px
>>380429913
what are you going to do call the cyber police
>>
POST YOUR WISHLISTS

>less pointless scenery changes
>at least 3 different types of each weapon, with their own exclusive upgrades ala RE4
>more enemies in general so choosing whether to stealth or go guns blazing is more impactful
>>
>>380429954
Handgun is godtier, don't regret having upgraded it.
>>
>>380429656
>>380429441
Thanks, I'm out before spoilers start flying.
>>
>>380430387
snape kills dummbl Doh
>>
>>380430250

It's objectively not.

>can't kill enemies in the Island in one crit headshot unlike the Blacktail and Red9
>poor handling and accuracy
>exclusive gotten late when there is an abundance of shields and helmets

It's still a good gun but it ain't god tier. Unless you mean the handgun in TEW, which is actually pretty good because you can upgrade the critical asap. But then, is any weapon in TEW god tier? They're all kinda underwhelming except the Agony Crossbow.
>>
>>380430534
Shotgun is pretty satisfying
>>
>>380429954
>enemies start wearing masks
You can shoot the masks to break them but I think only one variant's mask was literally indestructible and that was the swat dudes.

>handgun
You shoot them in the knee caps to make them fall down. Once if they are running, twice if they are still/walking. Then you burn them.
>shotgun
body shot them to make them fall down and burn them
>crossbow
Harpoon kills them if you upgraded the damage a few times. Don't aim at the head. It bounces off. Or it was only against the swat dudes.
If it doesn't kill them, you could run up and burn them.
Flash bolt stuns them so you can sneak kill them. Same with shock bolt but in a smaller radius.
Explosive and Freeze bolts, I never really wasted on them.

>Sniper Rifle
shooting their head ignores the mask except for swat variant which just bounces off if memory serves.
>Magnum
never wasted on them except for bosses so can't tell.
>>
>>380430534
>is any weapon in TEW god tier
The Brass Knuckles. Probably because they are pretty much a NG+ cheat
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.