[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginners guide to GuiltyGear/BlazBlue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

I want to get into one or both these series before the new DBZ game comes out. Where should I start? Are both series good? I play on PC & PS4
>>
>>380419743
>Where should I start?
Always go with release order.
>Are both series good?
No.
>>
Get BlazBlue Central Fiction and play the tutorial.
>>
>>380419743
BlazBlue will fuck you up if it's your first time into fighting games. If you do start with there, work on Ragna for most of your time.

Also Rachel best girl, but impossible to play.
>>
>>380420250
>best girl, but impossible to play

That's Bullet
>>
File: rachel-tea.jpg~original.jpg (14KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
rachel-tea.jpg~original.jpg
14KB, 280x200px
If you want to get into either game, then you play the latest one, because nobody plays the previous versions. There really is no benefit to getting the older games unless you care about the story. Both games have good tutorials and a challenge mode that you can play to learn the combos for your character.

Both series are good, but they've grown to be pretty different from eachother. They still have similarities, but generally you'll end up preferring one over the other.
>>
>>380419743
Just get the latest Blazblue and watch the little segments where everyone gushes over how stupid the cat is while they teach you about the story. Or the segments where Rachel bullies Ragna while recapping the general story of the previous games.
Just watch most of it and skip 80% of the actual story's dialogue, then play the tutorial modes.
>>
>>380419909
>>380419975
>>380420250
>>380421201
so is blazblue the better series? what does it do better than guilty gear?
>>
>>380419743
For BlazBlue just pick Central Fiction and use either Mai, Lambda or Jin and you're set.
>>
>>380419743
Guilty Gears X2
don't play anything else
>>
>>380419909
>No.

dickrider

both are fine
>>
>>380422401
>so is blazblue the better series?
I dunno. It has better unlocks? More stuff to do in singleplayer?

Guilty Gear is good too though. I like them both the same, though I'm more inclined to BB for gameplay and GG for everything else.
>>
>>380422401
This question gets asked so much so I'll just copypaste my response from before.

>BlazBlue
Extremely large cast, characters very varied with character-specific mechanics generally tied to a thing called "Drive", long combos, high pressure off stray hits on block, multiple tech options. Gameplay is mixed between air and grounded play.

Meter useage is generally for super moves called Distortion Drives and a cancel called Rpaid Cancel which both cost 50 meter, but can also be used for alpha counters called Counter Assault which also costs 50 meter, and Guard Breaks called Crush Trigger, which costs 25 meter. Has an additional gauge called Barrier Gauge which lets you block in the air, and can defend against the aforementioned CT. It adds additional blockstun as well, but has higher pushback to compensate. You will usually on

Has a Burst gauge which lets you break combos, but if used outside of hitstun, instead puts you into a super mode called Overdrive. Adds additional effects/damage to your Drive moves and specials, but also has character-specific effects. Runs on a timer, and the timer is longer if activated when having less health. If you input OD during blockstun, you preform a guard cancel with startup invincibility. In OD you can hit the same input as for Burst/OD, and get out a special safe-on-block reversal called Exceed Accel, but that also ends your OD period. You can also activate OD during a combo to get a cancel but unlike RC, it has a pause for more lenient timing, and also cannot cancel special moves. You can regain your Burst meter faster by being on the offensive, which eventually puts you into a mode called Active Flow. When you're in AF, you deal more damage, and your EA deals twice as much damage, but it does expire after a period, Hitting an opponent with EA will also put you in Active Flow, but if you were already in it to begin with, then it ends the Active Flow period instead.
>>
>>380422401
>so is blazblue the better series?
I wouldn't say it's any better than Guilty Gears. Though, I do like the characters more.
>>
>>380422401
>Guilty Gear
Shorter combos but less generous buffer, extremely heavy setplay after knockdown, and is very grounded overall. Characters are varied but usually tied down more to system mechanics, barring a few fringe cases.

Meter useage leans very heavily towards being used for a cancel called Yellow Roman Cancel. There are 3 different variations of Roman Cancel; a purple, a yellow, and a red. All versions of RC slows down time for the opponent, but they can YRC themselves to be put into a normal state again. YRC costs 25 meter and cancels the startup of a move. RRC costs 50 meter, and is used as a combo extender by cancelling a move on hit. PRC costs 50 meter, and is used to cancel the recovery frames of a move. You can also spend 50 meter on a super move, which generally aren't used as much as YRC or RRC.

Defensive useage of meter is possible through Faultless Defense, Dead Angle Attack, and Blitz Shield. FD can be inputted while blocking and consumes a bit of meter during the duration which you FD. It adds additional pushback on moves, and increases blockstun. DAA is an alpha counter which consumes 50 meter. Meter gain in this game, so you will generally have quite a bit. Blitz Shield is a parry that costs 25 meter, but regains half of that when successfully used. After a Blitz Shield, you can follow-up with a Blitz Attack, and depending on how long you charge it, you can get various benefits off it.

Burst in GG is categorized between Gold Burst and Blue Burst. Blue Burst is a standard combo breaker, and if you connect it, you gain 1/3rd Burst gauge back. Gold Burst costs 2/3rds of your Burst meter, but can only be used in neutral. If you hit your opponent with it, your standard meter fills out entirely. Bursts are not throw-invincible however, and throws in GG are 1f startup, so they are easily baited if expected.
>>
>>380419743
Both are good. Get latest releases. Central Fiction is Blazblue. Rev2 is Guilty Gear. Play the tutorials, and mission modes to get a basic idea on how to play. Join the which game's discord and make friends of similar skill level. Once you settle on a character, join the character specific discord to read up on how to play better.
>>
Get blazblue is you're an obnoxious pillow spooner who masturbates to drawings of children and doesn't believe in deodorant. Otherwise guilty gear is a really good game.
>>
>>380422863
>>380422869
>>380422898
>>380423431
thanks. last question: I know Rev2 is an updated version of Rev1 and this is a stupid question but if I got it on PS4 would the game just have the same trophies as 1 or will it even have trophies if you haven't played 1
>>
>>380424017
Rev1/Rev2 have the same trophy list, if you platinum'd Rev1 you'll have it already for Rev2, it doesn't give you additional ones it just lists Rev1.
>>
>>380425630
cool, i figured but I wanted to get some confirmation
thanks everybody for your help, I'm gonna go get Rev2 & Central Fiction.
>>
>>380419743
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 has THE BEST TUTORIAL IN FIGHTING GAME EVER (just saying).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.