[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask the most knowledgeable Metroid fan on /v/ anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg (95KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg
95KB, 256x360px
Ask the most knowledgeable Metroid fan on /v/ anything.
>>
>>380414173
Is Metroid the boy or girl
>>
>>380414173
Does Samus have a permanent illness from 3
>>
Was Prime 2 difficult enough to warrant the nerf on Trilogy?
>>
Have you played every Metroid game?
>>
File: 273288118.jpg (42KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
273288118.jpg
42KB, 500x373px
>>380414173
Why do people honestly believe Metroid Prime 2 is better than Prime 1?
>>
>>380414173
Okay. Would you classify the Prime games as First Person Shooters?
>>
>>380415063
The bosses are better.
>>
>>380414173
how many screens in NES Kraid level
>>
Do you like Federation Force?

I do.
>>
Are feather pubes canon?
>>
>>380415141
The only bad boss is the fucking flower.
>>
Do you cry yourself to sleep every night, or just most nights?
>>
>>380415063
The increased difficulty all around and the more complex maps are the main reasons why. Granted I prefer 1 the general gameplay it 2 is much more challenging and engaging.
>>
>>380415063
Better bosses, funner beam mechanics, great lore and very good antagonists.
>>
Do you think Sylux is Samus's brother? Or a child on the same station as Samus when Ridley raped everything?
>>
File: sad_monk.jpg (33KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
sad_monk.jpg
33KB, 283x400px
>want to play the Metroid Prime games
>don't have a Gamecube or a Wii
>only reliable rom site took off everything Nintendo related
>>
>>380415273
Prime 2 just had great bosses compared to Prime 1's very good ones.
Even the spider guardian.
>>
>>380415063
Better bosses, improvements on gameplay, Dark Samus is fucking awesome.

I like Prime 1 better, but I can definitely see why people would prefer Echoes
>>
How did Metroid Prime end up on Talon IV?
>>
>>380415453
>being this much of an incompetent retard

Kill yourself
>>
>>380414952
Yes, it's called PTSD
>>
>>380415453
Torrents my nigga
>>
>>380415453
>Get a Wii
>Softmod the fuck out of it
>Download ISOs from nicoblog

It's not that hard, anon.
>>
File: 20170608_163037.jpg (889KB, 1918x1079px) Image search: [Google]
20170608_163037.jpg
889KB, 1918x1079px
QUICK /v/ POST YOUR METROIDS
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
What changes did they make to Prime 1, 2, and 3 in the Trilogy?

Should i play Prime 1 and 2 on GC or Wii?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13185716
>>
>>380415601
Not OP, but
>phazon meteor hits Tallon IV
>years later, space pirates come and start doing phazon experiments
>this includes Metroid experiments
>they MAKE too much SCIENCE, and their little Metroid Prime gets too big and ornery
>>
>>380416279
The biggest change is aiming is now done with the Wiimote which feels great.

I'd recommend the Trilogy over the GC versions at this point.
>>
>>380416279

1 & 2 now have controls akin to 3, 1 had bloom lighting added and some glitches like getting the space jump boots at the beginning fixed. 2 had a couple of bosses nerfed I believe - definitely the boost guardian, maybe the spider ball guardian. 3 is just 3.
>>
>>380416058
Wheres hunters you CASUAL
>>
>>380416643
Got some steam on your visor?
>>
File: Hunters Samus.gif (2MB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
Hunters Samus.gif
2MB, 288x216px
>>380416643
Middle-left between my Prime and Prime 2, senpai. Sadly I don't have an original Hunters demo cartridge though.
>>
>>380414173
How do I beat Metroid Prime 2? I started it twice (GC and Wii) but I just don't seem to be able to finish it.
I've beaten every Metroid game except Prime 2, Pinball and Federation Force.
>>
File: 20170614_012832.jpg (924KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170614_012832.jpg
924KB, 2560x1440px
>>380416058

Have Super on Wii VC and I used to have the GC versions of the Primes but sold them when I got Trilogy because lol being a stupid teenager at the time.
>>
Oh shit, people started replying to this.

>>380414849
Metroids are agender, except Queens, which are female. Please respect a Metroid's pronouns.
>>380414952
She never presented any symptoms in any of the games that canonically came after but those are all Sakamoto games that came before. We'll see if she's carrying anything from her Phazon infection in MP4, but I strongly doubt it. The implication was strongly that when all the phazon was gone from her system, she was fine again.
>>380414957
I think they were fine. I found the bosses still reasonably challenging for their point in the game. Spring Ball does completely change the dynamic of Spider Guardian but not necessarily for the worse.
>>380415012
Nope. I have a couple holes.
>>380415063
People will almost always cite the bosses. I also prefer MP2 to MP1 for reasons like the weapons, the lore and the level design. Fortress Sanctuary was incredible. I really love the Luminoth as characters. All of their lore and the little scans of the Luminoth bodies that tell you how they went down fighting was one of my favorite parts of the game.
>>380415104
I don't really have a strong opinion on the FPS vs. FPA thing.
>>380415157
At least four.
>>380415160
Didn't play it.
>>380415247
I would severely doubt it, but it's not like we're ever gonna find out. I mean, maybe if you ask Sakamoto real nicely, he'll tell you?
>>380415292
Only the nights when I think about how when Weavel walks on his hands, he can't carry his coffee with his feet.
>>380415417
Nah, everybody except Samus from that colony is fucking dead. If we're going into fan fiction, I think Sylux is the inverse of Samus. Somebody who lost their home and their family because of some bullshit the Federation pulled. Samus is motivated by love and legacy, Sylux is motivated by hate and revenge. That's how I'd tell it, anyway.

Continued in next post.
>>
>>380417675
How are you the most knowledgeable Metroid fan if you haven't played Fed Force?

Checkmate, Atheists
>>
How do you feel about the new Prime not being developed by Retro?
>>
How can I play MPT without motion controls?
>>
>>380417675
Why did you call it Fortress Sanctuary and not Sanctuary Fortress?
>>
What is the best song in the series and why is it the above ground Torvus Bog theme?
>>
Why is Ridley such a big fucking meanie?
>>
>>380414173
Give a me quick overview of the whole story
>>
>>380414173
Hello Autism my old friend.
>>
>>380415601
Well, before the retcons, the idea was that a Metroid just wandered into the Leviathan after it hit Tallon IV but before the Chozo put the shield up around it. This was based on the idea that the Metroid were naturally occurring creatures that exist around the galaxy, but Fusion revealed that wasn't the case and they pretty much only existed on Zebes where they were made by the Chozo, before the pirates stole them.

And by the time the pirates got to Tallon IV, the shield was already up and had been up for decades, so, not really any opportunity for a Metroid to get in there. You'll note the Trilogy version is really vague about the actual origins of Metroid Prime because of this snafu and some of the lore entries about Metroid Prime were changed as a result.
>>380416279
Other guys already covered it, but they added
(really, really smooth) Wii Controls and a Spring Ball. Some sequence breaks are gone, some effects are gone. Some bosses are weaker. Overall I think they're extremely good and you should definitely play with the Wii controls if you get the chance.
>>380416958
Where're you stuck?
>>380417914
Is there any meaningful new lore or cool stuff in Fed Force? Genuinely asking.
>>380417938
I'm fine with it. It's been a decade since the trilogy, all the dudes responsible for making the Prime games what they were are long gone and have moved on to other projects and other studios. If it had been made by Retro, I would've been extremely suspicious that they were just slapping the name on.

Tanabe's involved. That means way more to me, in a good way.
>>380418189
Don't believe you can.
>>380418198
...wow.

Guess it's been a while since I played.
>>
>>380418709
>Is there any meaningful new lore or cool stuff in Fed Force? Genuinely asking.

I didn't play that shit either, just busting your balls, anon.
>>
File: goofi grin.png (571KB, 628x592px) Image search: [Google]
goofi grin.png
571KB, 628x592px
>>380414173

Rate Samus' ass on a scale of 1 to 10.
>>
>>380419102
More like SamASS, amirite
>>
why do I get migraines every time I fire up prime
>>
>>380416279
Prime 1 should only be played on the Gamecube. the Wii version removed all sequence breaks worth mentioning in exchange for waggle aiming.
>>
>>380418189

I passed MPT with emulated wii controllers, while a fucking pain in the ass, you get used to them, but seriously, fucking wii controllers, they are the creation of satan.

Also, I liked the new environment on 3, being able to interact with other living things, Until they fucking died
>>
>>380418424

metroids are cool but then space meanies tried to capture them because DUDE I GOTTA TRY THAT but the metroids stopped being cool and space waifu had to save the day and the universe saw them as a threat and then a bunch of shit that no one cares about happened and then the space police was all "space waifu, kill all metroids" and space waifu was like "'kay" so she went to their home town and killed all metroids except for one because it was cute and then she took it home and then it got taken by the space meanies and then space waifu tried to save cute metroid but then the leader of the space meanies was really, really mean and the cute metroid had to give up its life to save space waifu and everything was happy except all metroids are dead and it turns out mass extinction or a primary predator can horribly unbalance the order of a planetary ecosystem so germs that could only be kill by metroids went unchecked and holy fuck do these things suck ass and space waifu was almost kill until she was injected with the dna of the cute metroid because why not so now she can fight the germs and then the germs died also something about an ex or something i dunno but that ties back to shit people really, really don't care about
>>
I drive a Supra and I think something's wrong with the carby, can you tell me what it is?
>>
>>380418316
Because it's chill as fuck. But the best music is actually Prime 1 Menu Screen, sorry.
>>380418350
Like asking why a bird's gotta fly or why a fish has gotta swim. Ridley just is. He's a vicious conqueror who probably clawed his way to the top of the Space Pirates and was just accepted into their ranks based on his overwhelming brutality.

That one page from the manga summarizes him perfectly. Samus is a scared little girl trying to not act scared and be friendly to the alien she's meeting. Ridley responds by saying he's going to kill her. It's just in his DNA.
>>380419102
Hard 10.
>>380419285
Sounds like you may have motion sickness.
>>380419346
I like the Trilogy version a lot but you really probably should experience the original with sequence breaks as well just for stuff like getting the Space Jump five minutes into the game.
>>
>>380418424
Not OP, but
>Samus, Ridley killed your parents, but we'll try to be the best bird parents we can be by giving you a specially tailored version of one of our magic science suits
>Samus, this is the Federation. Space pirates, lead by Ridley, are threatening the galaxy and are proliferating metroids, the greatest threat to the Galaxy. Go murder them to death.
>Great murdering, Samus. Metroids should be wiped out too. Go to the metroid honeworld and genocide the crap out of them
>Hey Samus, good genociding. We see you took pity on a young metroid that imprinted on you. This could be valuable for warfa- I mean science. Please let us study it.
>Oh fuck, Ridley is back again and he took the metroid. Go kill the space pirates to death again
>WOW, we dodged a galactic space bullet thanjs to you Samus. Time to split the timeline.
Primetime:
>Hey Samus, go check out that distress signal
>looks like there's some shit called phazon on Talon IV that the space pirates are experimenting on-OHSHITRIDLEY
>Hey Samus, great job murdering those space pirates on Talon IV and killing that fuckhuge phazon-metroid abomination. Sorry you had to see space pirates fuck with one of the worlds previousky occupied by your adoptive bird-parents. Huh? You saw Metroid Prime take and fuse with a copy of your suit just before it """"died""""? I wouldn't worry about it.
>Oh shit, the Luminoth need your help. Apparentky their stalemate with a race of dark beings called the Ing has been tipped in favor of the Ing by some mysterious new space-being that certainly isn't your dark messianic counterpart born from the phazon suit you lost to Metroid Prime back on Talon IV oh wait shit it is
>Samus, good hob bailing out the Luminoth. We have identified a major space pirate stronghold that continues to develop phazon technology and perfork ghastly phazon experiments. We've hired you and some other bounty hunters to assist us in an operation to take them out.
(more in next post)
>>
>>380419603

>spoiler

Very strong contender and a respectable choice.
>>
>>380419698
We all know Elysya is the best theme, lets not kid ourselves.
>>
>>380418709
Do you get the Ice Shriekbat scan?

Rank 'em:
Tallon Overworld, Chozo Ruins, Magmoor Caverns, Phendrana Drifts, Phazon Mines, Temple Grounds, Agon Wastes, Torvus Bog, Sanctuary Fortress, Bryyo, Elysia, Pirate Homeworld, GFS Valhalla.
Optional: Pirate Frigate, Impact Crater, Great Temple, Norion, GFS Olympus, Phaaze
>>
>>380419950
As levels or as music?
>>
>>380420285
As levels. You could do music too I guess, but don't most of them have multiple tracks, such as Torvus above/below water? Would be a lot to rank.
>>
>>380414173
Would you rather fuck Samus or be her?
>>
>>380419672
>Oh hey, Samus. Try wiggling your big toe. Oh, you can stand? Great! So you and the other hunters got hit with a fuckhuge dose of phazon which will slowly corrupt your system and turn you into a phazon hivemind puppet. Good news is, we slapped together a suit that will slow this process down and allow you to harness phazon power for short bursts of time. We also did the same for the other hunters. Oh shit, where did they go?
>Nice work killing the shit out of the corrupted hunters, your evil phazon clone, and the evil living energy that was phazon itself. I guess now the galaxy is at peace and shit, until whatever happens in Prime 4. Probably Sylux. Oh right, that guy you fought along with a bunch of other hunters in that game I didn't have the chance to play. Did I forget to mention him? Surely you remember him, you fought him... Before helping the Luminoth?

Fusion confusion:
>help Samus the X got loose, they're basically a superpowered, less grisly version of John Carpenter's The Thing
>damn Samus, the X git you good. But now that you're juiced with some sweet Metroid DNA and your suit is kinda fused to your body, you do look hella rad. please clean the station for us? Gotta stop those X and you can absorb them now. We are DEFINITELY not developing metroids just like the space pirates. Just blow up the evide- I mean the X. Chop-chop.
>ah, so you saw that Adam AI, huh? Yeah, he was pretty great. I heard he was like a father to you. How would you like to work with him again? We'll just chop a couple feet off of your height, turn you into a weak-willed waif, and give you daddy issues. There, have fun.

???:
>SAMUS, YOU'RE A PINBALL!
>>
>>380414173
Rank them
>>
>>380414173
Here's a question metroid-sama; how long have you been on /v/ for? I remember seeing your threads every now and then from years ago.

you made me realize how long I've been using this shit hole of a site
>>
>>380414173
Is OG 2 good?
>>
>>380421157
A long, long time. It's been a long time since I decided to make one but given the news today I figured it'd be fun.
>>380421370
It's an early Game Boy game, so it's extremely dated and that holds it back but it's not without its charms. Basically, there's a good reason why so many people wanted remakes of it and that's both strong praise of the game itself and an indictment of how it's aged.
>>380420887
>God Tier
Prime 2, Prime 1, Super
>Great Tier
Prime 3, Zero Mission, Fusion
>Not Really Metroid, Still Very Neat Tier
Metroid Prime Pinball, Metroid Prime Hunters
>Not Metroid And Not Neat Tier
Other M
>Too Aged to Judge Fairly Against The Rest Of The Series Tier
Metroid, Metroid II
>lol didn't play
Federation Force
>>
>>380422687
>Other M
>Not Metroid
>directed by the creator himself
I'm memeing. Fuck Sakamoto.
>"why is her suit purple?"
Some pain doesn't go away.
>>
>>380422687
>Federation Force
if you reallywant to be the most knowledgeable, you should play it.

would most likely end up in
>Not Really Metroid, Still Very Neat Tier
>>
>>380415453
Huh? Emuparadise still exists and has everything from Nintendo?
>>
>>380415453
No wii U? they are available on the eshop as trilogy.
>>
>>380419950
Still waiting for a ranking.

Here's my hasty rating:
>Top tier
Sanctuary Fortress
Elysia
Phendrana Drifts
>Great tier
Torvus Bog
Tallon Overworld
GFS Valhalla
>Pretty good tier
Pirate Homeworld
Chozo Ruins
Bryyo
Agon Wastes
Phazon Mines
>Alright tier
Temple Grounds
Magmoor Caverns
>>
>>380414173
Why can't Metroid crawl?
>>
>>380427052
Because it reminds her of THE BABY
THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY
>>
If the Space Pirates are so smart, why don't they make the tubes 0.1m smaller so Samus can't roll through them?
>>
>>380427272
They have tried to measure her several tim, but they can't manage to get a calibrator close enough to her without being shot in the face. Then there is the whole argument about requesting her to get in morph ball and she is always difficult about that.

You might not know this, but Samus can be quite a prick, even when asked for simple tasks.
>>
>>380418709
>most knowledgeable
>hasn't played all games
>can't remember details right
lel
>>
>>380427608
They literally see her escape in their tubes multiple times. They wouldn't have to measure her to know to make them smaller.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.