[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is this game bros? Evil within 2 looks pretty neato so I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg (21KB, 295x336px) Image search: [Google]
The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg
21KB, 295x336px
how is this game bros? Evil within 2 looks pretty neato so I'm looking to complete the first.Is it worth it?
>>
>>380413045
please respond
>>
its resident evil 4 again with a plot that never comes together. never played the dlc
>>
>>380413280
It's really good. It's got this semi-Metroidvania like design, where you have to backtrack, uncover hidden secrets, and memorize the layout of the game. It's basically Resident Evil 4 but better.
>>
>>380413045
i'm like an hour in, kinda confusing but i'm really liking it. story is pulling me in for some reason, can't put my finger on it
>>
>>380413367
is it at least a good survival horror game?
>>
>>380413481
what? i'm to chapter 7 and there's been no metroidvania like gameplay nor backtracking. shit's fucking insane, literally
>>
>>380413481
>>380413550

that sounds pretty cool. I'm guessing the combat is good right?
>>
>>380413045
Its good but its NOT SURVIVAL HORROR. Its action horror. And dont listen to >>380413367

Its a fucking trip and a half
>>
>>380413481
>It's got this semi-Metroidvania like design, where you have to backtrack, uncover hidden secrets, and memorize the layout of the game
Why do you lie. Some levels in the game sort of loops back to where you started but it is very linear otherwise.
>>
>>380413554
Not in the slightest.
>>
>>380413045
1st half is RE2 then it goes to RE4 and the last half is RE5/7
>>
>>380413641
combat feels like polished RE4. the FOV is a little low, but its pretty satisfying.
>>
>>380413045
You might get a kick out of it, but this was my most anticipated game when it was coming out, and I fucking hated it. I went in promised survival horror, and I got a half baked RE4 with a shitty, self-serious story.
>>
Is ammo kind of scarce or is it more based around just gunning down monsters indiscriminately?

If it's the latter I might pick it up for cheap. Love some good mindless shooting fun.
>>
>>380413045
I got close to the end and just put it down. At first it has interesting pace and setting but then devolves into generic boring puzzle rooms, really lazy shit if you ask me.
>>
why did it get such mixed reviews? It looks like people really liked it or hated it.
>>
>>380414030
Ammo is scarce, but with the right upgrade choices it doesn't matter.
>>
>>380414030
just lower the difficulty
>>
>>380414030
Scarce spoopy stealth early on, bang bang muddafugga by the end.
>>
>>380414117
It got marketed as survival horror when it shouldve been labeled action horror.
>>
to those that enjoyed it, what is your favorite action horror/survival horror game?
>>
>>380414289
This. Even though as an action game, I still would find it somewhat lacking, it would be a far more honest depiction of the game.
>>
tfw no new silent hill
>>
>>380414334
Recently:
Alien Isolation

All time:
Probably RE2
>>
>>380414453
Good. Let it rest in peace, considering the real series died 13 years ago, arguably 14.
>>
>>380414334
Condemned: Criminal Origins
>>
it's mechanics are not bad and can be quite fun. it is definitely more on the suspenseful horror side. i personally dont find the japanese horror themes appealing. there is one level that is quite hellish but in the stressful i want this to stop way and not the OMG so cool way.
>>
>>380415809
>it is definitely more on the suspenseful horror side
How? It's an action game, though and through.
>>
>>380413045
It was entirely forgettable for me. Seriously I can remember very little other than the game devolving into pretty much a TPS by the later half. I enjoyed it, but it doesn't really have much on the way of gameplay.
>>
>>380415887
yeah in the sense that you kill almost every enemy with a few bullets to spare on hardest difficulty but not the ridiculous call of duty levels of action in resident evil games.
>>
File: 20170118113912_4.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170118113912_4.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>380413045
Here is what I have written up for anyone asking about this game.

If you are expecting RE4 then you are going to have a bad time. If you are expecting to be scared then you are going to have a bad time. Plot, atmosphere and theme wise it's similar to games like RE, silent hill but TEW is it's own thing gameplay wise. It expects a lot out of you and the more you know about the mechanics the better it is. You need a different mentally to approaching the game. It's not like old REs where you have to decided whether to fight or run. And It's not like new REs where you just gun down everything. There plenty of moments where you have to kill lots of enemies and you can play the whole game that ( I personal love too) But there's a tactical edge to the game. Stealth is only an option and outside the tutorial, it's not necessary at all unless you are going to play on AKUMU difficulty. You can't shoot everything your first play through because you most definitely will run out of ammo and the game is not very forgiving when you have nothing. Using what you can find like bottles for setting off traps or using them to get knife instant kills, or one-use items come in handy. Also Matches are probably one of the most useful things in the game for saving ammo. Not only do they instantly kill downed enemies. But they will instant kill anything around that enemy giving you some nice setups. Then there's all the other stuff you can do by disarming traps(or saving them to use for your advantage) to make arrows or stealth kills. The gameplay is very unique compared to RE4/DS and one of the best thing about it is that it makes you improvise on the spot. Fighting things head on without knowing if you will find what you need or have enough ammo makes the game quite thrilling.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.