[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone always hate GTA4 also which one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: gtaseries-all.jpg (828KB, 2566x1577px) Image search: [Google]
gtaseries-all.jpg
828KB, 2566x1577px
Why does everyone always hate GTA4

also

which one?
>>
>>380409373
>Why does everyone always hate GTA4
traded fun for muh realism
side activities and vehicle missions gone
>>
IV and its expansions are the only GTAs I can enjoy, maybe I'm just too kino for you
>>
File: gta5.jpg (135KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
gta5.jpg
135KB, 1360x768px
GTA3: Modern Classic
GTA Vice City: Improved on the modern classic x times, great soundtrack and environment
GTA SA: Peak of the series, perfect in almost everyway
GTA4: Going Downhill, handholding and restrictions (no airplanes, etc.)
GTA5: Technically one of the greatest games of all time, but its shit for little kids and COD players
>>
San Andreas completely blew everyone's minds so the expectations for IV were unmatchable, which I guess is why R* popped the balloon by going from a crazy campy gangbanger fantasy to a dark gritty slavshit drama.

V was a real shitfest tho
>>
GTA3 or Vice City are my favourites, can never make up my mind which one I prefer. I just love the atmosphere and simplicity of both of them. 4 is also good for the same reasons, but the realistic driving physics knock it back a few points for me.

I just wish sandbox games would stop trying to cram as much shit as possible in, I find all the additional shit in SA and V to be so distracting and make the games feel cluttered, the earlier 3D games have a nice simple charm to them.
>>
My one big issue with 4 is the color palette, it's just so bland and it just kind of takes it out of me.
>>
>>380409373
SA is the definitive GTA.

GTA IV was my favourite and first GTA but I can see how it sticks out like a sore thumb. Luckily the dreary vibe kinda works for Liberty City (although I wanna see a flashy '70s Liberty City if they inevitably go back there.)

I want a combo of V and IV for the next one. I wasn't a huge fan of TBoGT, but something like that could work.

Red Dead Redemption is the ideal.
>>
>>380409765
No, you're too much of a fucking retard since you use shitty /tv/ memes like kino.
>>
>>380410464
Stories games are both great at vice city level
>>
>gtaseries-all.jpg
>starts with III

People thought it was too grim. I enjoyed the physics and single player expansions, a thing GTA V is seriously lacking.
>>
>>380409373
IV is GTA light. It doesn't even have planes, it's like a tech demo in many aspects.
>>
File: degen1.jpg (16KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
degen1.jpg
16KB, 300x350px
>>380409373
SA == VC > 3 > VC and LC Stories > V > IV > I > II
Prove this wrong
>>
Probably Vice City for me. I liked the countryside of SA and the different cities, but on the other hand VC had no fat, and the setting was just perfect.

IV was this >>380409650
V was OK, but got too into the whole AAA shit with too many QTEs and emphasis on the story.

>>380413813
As an old fuck I actually played GTA I when it first came out and loved it. I put a lot of hours into it, although I was fucking terrible at it. I haven't played it in years, I really should go back to it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.