[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /v/, if you know so much about video games, then answer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: sBT58cS.jpg (419KB, 606x1237px) Image search: [Google]
sBT58cS.jpg
419KB, 606x1237px
Alright /v/, if you know so much about video games, then answer me this:

Why the fuck is there no casual online racing game with fuck-loads of cosmetics gated through cases a-la TF2/CSGO (they did it first, lads)? It seems to me like it would be a good market to profit from, since you could have lots of categories for cosmetics.
>>
>>380403414
Casual racing is boring and skill cap is retardedly low.

Racing sims are too hard for 99% of people.

There is literally no in between, and both have shit markets for reasons listed above.
>>
>>380403724
Guess they would have to shoehorn some kind of MOBA mechanic in then, huh?
>>
>>380403870
Like what?
>>
>>380404240
Best I can think of is team racing or something.
Would a new NFS with mechanics like Underground 2 / (old) Most Wanted not be as well received in today's market?
>>
>>380404442
I don't have numbers on the success of various racing subgenres, but it says something that I, a motorsports enthusiast;

a) knows like 4 guys that play racing sims more than once a month

b) every person I've ever known that plays mario kart gets bored after 20 minutes, even at a party

c) NFS has been shit for ages. Underground was only accepted because F&F was fucking hot n fresh, and this exercised that interest.

Horizon is the closest I've seen to an actually good, appreciable-by-all racing game. SOMEWHAT realistic mechanics (Weight transition actually means something, and the tire model is somewhat real.) Thank fuck they didn't do autistic cosmetic case shit.
>>
>>380404885

Burnout with customization then?
>>
File: 1479594932605.gif (1MB, 793x595px) Image search: [Google]
1479594932605.gif
1MB, 793x595px
>>380405183
Just emulate Gran Turismo 3, one of the better racing games to ever come out.
>>
>>380404442
(cont) however, you bring up a good point. Fags will do anything to get some autistic body kit on their mustang or g35 or what have you. Making you have to pay for cases to get that in a NFS game with a sense of grind would work in some way.

The problem is racing isn't really... competitive in the same way shooters or MOBAs are. Like, those are absolute, vacuum player vs player. Racing, in both casual and sim, are about just going the fastest. Like, even in formula 1, battles are incredibly rare. Many say formula 1 is just boring for that reason. Literally the fastest racing in the world; boring. There's no sense of competitiveness.

With casual mechanics it's just taking shortcuts and being able to floor the gas as long as the games horrible tire model will allow you. With sim mechanics the complexity is in your ability to monitor, and maximize a certain amount of variables. If you can do it better than the next guy, you're faster. See what I'm saying? There's no "killing". You're just either faster or not, and, with sim the grind is getting better understanding of physics in application. In casual the grind will be... what, a cooler looking car? A faster car? That gets mad boring.
>>
>>380405410
I'm not discussing the best racing game, I want to know why has no one done an online racing game loaded with case drops cosmetics, which would make "sense" since cars can have tons of custom stuff. Maybe some car battle something like Twisted Metal minus the super crazy vehicles?

>>380405521
I feel you, but still, for some reason when I played racing modes when GTA Online came out back in the PS3, I really liked it (the normal race mode, not the one with power-ups and shit) and wished it was a standalone game, which nowadays I think would benefit from having case drop cosmetics.
>>
>>380405891
If you had a crystal ball and told me that, in 3 years, someone made a successful casual racing game with case drop, I wouldn't be surprised. All I can offer is why I think the racing genre doesn't really function with microtransactions n shit.
>>
>>380403414
Racing alone is too boring to carry such a game

stuff like GTA Online and Rocket League exist though
>>
File: 1485304358607.jpg (38KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1485304358607.jpg
38KB, 460x460px
>>380406656
>>380406465
Alright, so get this then...

Racing AND Dating Simulator, race better to get new waifus and shit, I bet the weebs would gobble that shit up, and now you would have cosmetics for you car AND your waifu.
>>
>>380406656
What is this GTA online shit you guys are talking about? Is there some racing mini game inside of it?

Rocket league irrelevant. Not racing.
>>
>>380407139
The online portion of GTA V. Yes it includes races.
>>
>>380407139
Yes, you can use the money from the racing minimode (along with the money from other modes) to upgrade/customize your car (you can own more cars if you own more properties, etc etc)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.