[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it worth the wait?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png (1MB, 798x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png
1MB, 798x730px
Was it worth the wait?
>>
>>380388126
Enjoyed it, really hope FE Switch keeps the artist and no children.
>>
File: 1495228328339.jpg (203KB, 507x772px) Image search: [Google]
1495228328339.jpg
203KB, 507x772px
>>380388526
also
>wait
no one asked for it and it came out 3 months after being announced
>>
>>380388126
I like it.
>>
>>380388526
I only dislike marriage and children because you have to do it or lose out on getting child units.
I wouldn't mind if it was more optional, like if you don't pair them up, you get a generic version of the kid anyway or other units to replace them.
>>
I did not like the prior 3DS FE games but love all the prior FE titles. Will I like this?
>>
>>380389070
Well, gameplay wise it plays nothing like the last two but isn't really as good as 7 or Path of Radiance either. Worth a try and the music/story/art are among the best in the series.
>>
>>380388126
There wasn't a real wait for this game since it only got around 3 months' worth of promotion and even then it wasn't anywhere near the same level that Fates got over 6+ months. It helps we got Echoes only a month after Japan did. Echoes was fun but the maps were pretty bad.
>>
>>380388126
What wait? The game came out like 3-4 months after it was announced. But besides that not really because the game is pretty mediocre.
>>
>>380389070
nah dont bother

all the 3ds ones are terrible imo, catering to normies and waifufags
>>
>>380389070

Possibly, if it was your anti-waifu autism that kept you from enjoying Awakening/Fates. The story is good for a Fire Emblem, I think they modernized the way characters act a bit too much but people seem to like them.

The maps are the most boring shit possible, though. I mean the first half of the whole fucking game is just giant squares of grass and shrubs, maybe a tile-wide river and awful box/castle with one entry point. 99% of the time you gotta rout the enemy, so it doesn't matter if you take out the general because there's some little archer faggot at the corner of the map you need to chase down before victory, so that gets old fast. Probably the least fun FE I've played since Shadow Dragon.
>>
>>380389676
Yes it was worth the 20 year wait
>>
File: elise_contemplating_suicide.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
elise_contemplating_suicide.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
Incredibly easy, terrible unit balance, terrible maps, incredibly repetitive maps, zero replay value, most bland story and protagonists not just in FE but in JRPG history

you judge
>>
File: 1491810782920.png (22KB, 145x169px) Image search: [Google]
1491810782920.png
22KB, 145x169px
>>380389907
>least fun FE since Shadow Dragon
>Shadow Dragon is a remake of FE1
>SoV is a remake of FE2
>The first two games in the franchise, when the mechanics were less refined, were the least fun
Really makes ya think huh
>>
>>380390035
Your last two point killed your argument somewhat
>>
>>380388126
What wait? I heard about this game a few months ago and bought it a couple months after that. It was literally one of the shortest waits in the history of my videogame-buying life.
>>
>>380388126
I want to f**k celica
>>
>>380388126
It's alright. The levels of polish applied to some areas, like artwork, voice acting, and music are stellar and really set the bar for a good remake. That said, their desire to be as faithful to the original maps really hurts it in a lot of ways, because there's a lot of them that were simply unfun to play whether or not they were difficult.
>>
>>380388126
Level design and no weapon triangle killed some of the fun, but its good to clear it once, i'm hoping for the next one after all this is just a remake
>>
>>380390339

It's a damn shame because the presentation for Echoes is great, music is pretty memorable, the VA is at least enthusiastic and not terrible, the different combat mechanics are interesting to mess with for a while.

But the maps are just SO GODDAMN BORING. In my thirty hours with the game I can't recall a single one where I'm like "Hey that might be fun to replay," hell most of the second half of the game was just awful, tedious shit I never want to see again. Who the fuck thought crossing damage swamps the size of the Northwest Territory was a good idea?
>>
>>380388126
This was one of the few games in recent memory where I was sad it was over. Yet due to all units being deployed at once, the lack of a higher difficulty, and the overabundance of monster encounters, I don't think I'll be replaying it any time soon. I'm totally on board for any future Echoes games though.
>>
>>380388126
>>380390339
So do I play this game first if I want to play the new FE games given this is a remake of the original two games?
>>
File: 1497391451700.png (31KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
1497391451700.png
31KB, 300x310px
Slogging through these desert maps and getting attacked every two map moves has killed my motivation to continue and I'm not even that far in. I'm sure I'll continue at some point though.
Also I hear Faye gets cucked no matter what. Alm is a fool.
>>
File: 4JbAFdv.png (46KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
4JbAFdv.png
46KB, 256x256px
>>380391497
yes, fates and awakening have more similarities between each other and can be played after
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.