[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: xeno 2.jpg (310KB, 1200x931px) Image search: [Google]
xeno 2.jpg
310KB, 1200x931px
What did you guys think about the gameplay from the Treehouse demo?

Combat seems way slower, especially since battles start with all abilities on cooldown and the auto-attacks resetting on movement. Blades also just standing around in combat looks pretty lazy. Break/Topple/Launch and the combo trees seem pretty neat though, even if they take a long time to build up.

Also, Nia > Pyra.
>>
>>380382896
Is there any good reason why they took out sprinting and long jumping?
>>
>>380382896
Will it get censored?
>>
>>380383732
Do we know for sure its taken out? I was thinking that they were more focused on showing off the world so they decided not to use it during the demo. Long jumping as well.

That, or there's less of a focus on exploration like X.
>>
>>380382896
This "Architect" guy is Shulk, right? Because literally no one else fits that description, since he recreated the universe
>>
>>380385061
Its Alvis, or a separate universe
>>
>>380383732
>sprinting and long jumping?
probably cause theres smaller maps? XBCX had sprinting and long jumping because it was scaled for the Skells
>>
looks like shit desu.
>>
>>380385397
Still, going back to play XC at a snail's pace after playing XCX is just painful
>>
>>380385061
It's original, this is a seperate stand alone entry.
They explained that they choose the title of Xenoblade 2 because it fits the story over exploration that Xenoblade had over X, also same gameplay
>>
>>380382896
Where are the giant robots and Gnosticism that the franchise is known for?
>>
>>380386583
replaced with "le really feeling it xD" memes.
>>
>>380386583
Seeing as how this is clearly something in the vein of Xenoblade Chronicles 1 I'm not sure why you're asking that.
>>
>>380386583
Well, Xenoblade 1 has an entire civilization of giant robots, so I don't doubt that 2 will eventually have some kind of equivalent.
>>
>>380387240
The entire plot of xenoblade 1 was just gnosticism. In case you are unaware, gnosticism is a religion that features female good god, evil male god, and neutral even-more-powerful god.
>>
another jrpg with the most generic party members..... full of cute girld doing ecchi shit and this is how you kill the franchise
>>
>>380382896
>Combat seems way slower, especially since battles start with all abilities on cooldown and the auto-attacks resetting on movement
Yeah, I was a bit turned off by that as well. At least it means you won't be able to just go in guns blazing at the start of every random encounter. I really want to try playing it and see how much of a difference it makes
>>
wtf the graphics look terrible
>>
look as boring and empty with shit all to do just like xcx
>>
>>380387507
I was referring more to the mech part of your post. We just got a quick demo so I didn't expect them to showcase that stuff. An "architect" was mentioned, however.
>>
>>380391505
Ah, wait, you mean giant robots as in the mechon. Yeah, not sure about that.
>>
>>380382896

I feel like people have forgotten just how slow XCX's combat is when you start out. The fastest arts you have are on thirty second cooldowns, and having to wait twice the cd for three times the damage made things even worse.
>>
>>380392302
Yeah I dunno, this looks pretty neat to me.
>>
>>380387507
entirely inaccurate definition of gnosticism leads me to believe you're full of shit
>>
>>380392302
You might be right, I really don't remember what early game XCX was like. There were skills to decrease Arts cooldowns, right?
>>
>>380382896
I never got around to playing Xenoblade Chronicles after Pirating it on my 3DS. Is it worth the play because this one looks sweet please be good I need Switch games now that no MonHun
>>
>>380393017

Yup. There are skills that cut the CD in half when used in a combo, and I'm pretty sure you could get reduction on gear too.
>>
>>380387507
Its more like an imperfect creator god, Yaldaboath, and the true god, Monad.
>>
File: Man.png (633KB, 900x606px) Image search: [Google]
Man.png
633KB, 900x606px
>>380393017
I don't remember if X did this (though it probably did), but in the original Xenoblade Chronicles levelling up Arts increased their damage / effectiveness as well as reducing the cooldowns. There might have been skills that decreased the cooldowns too, plus when you entered that one Hyper Mode all of your cooldowns were super short.

>>380393230
Personally I'd just recommend emulating the Wii version in Dolphin if you're able but if you don't have a decent PC then go for it. It's ABSOLUTELY worth playing regardless. Incredible soundtrack, awesome worlds, fun characters, okay dub (but you'll love it), and an interesting story.

I was so happy to see Shulk get into Smash.
>>
>>380382896
I agree, I'm concerned that all the blades aren't going to be women with huge tits.

Come on Nintendo, make it happen.
>>
File: TATSU.jpg (14KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
TATSU.jpg
14KB, 240x240px
>>380394848
>I'm concerned that all the blades aren't going to be women with huge tits.
We already know of that one Blade that appears to be some sort of rock/armor elemental that gives you an axe. I'm sorry, anon.
>>
Looks like instead of having two weapons with their own associated Arts and Auto-Attack like in X, you have up to 3 weapons with their own Auto-Attack and 3 arts + a Talent Art. So you could go with Pyra/sword, a sniper rifle and dual guns (for example) and give the tank a hammer based on how you want everyone to fight.

Do we know if party members will swap between BLADEs, or do they stick with one?
>>380394848
There's a skinny guy (raygun) and a bulky guy (Axe) who look fairly generic so it's unlikely we'll get character designs for each blade.
>>
>>380395206
>There's a skinny guy (raygun) and a bulky guy (Axe) who look fairly generic so it's unlikely we'll get character designs for each blade.
It seemed like you could do some sort of summon with a crystal and acquire a Blade (a la a Gacha game), so I'm thinking you summon those guys just to cover your bases with different abilities and then actual party member Blades are stronger.
>>
>>380395074
Wasn't that tiger/cat thing a Blade as well? But only a Blade for the catgirl.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>380395074
They also showed off one that gives you a big-ass gun.
>>
>>380395429
>a la a Gacha game
>Ultra Rare 5* Blades that require dozens of crystals to get
>They're all rad things like Ether Longswords, Photon Sabers, Zanza-Monado-esque monstrosities
>You can go through the entire game without ever getting one, and amiibo only give you one crystal a day
Ha ha ha, welcome to suffering!
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.