[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: MHW_Jun122017_11.jpg (748KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
MHW_Jun122017_11.jpg
748KB, 3840x2160px
I went from mad that MH was being casualized and ruined to hesitantly hopeful.
https://youtu.be/1kt_Yh6gnFc

On the bright side, I'll be getting it on PC which means I don't have to risk impulse buying it before I can find out if it sucks or not.
>>
>>380369518
Eventually people will calm down and realize it's not going to be ruined. There are advancements and big changes like there always has been. People were really skeptical after MH4 trailer because it looked worse than Tri and all it showed was running. People said mounting would "casualize" it. It didn't. "Casualized" has quickly just become a memeword that people throw at anything they don't immediately like.
>>
>>380369518
While we worry and speculate over MHW

>Favourite Game

>Main weapon

>Favourite armour and weapon

>Favourite Monster

>Favourite Zone
>>
>>380370418
>>380369518
>>380370501
Sony conference. MHW gameplay and news in 40 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLB5iGweAuo&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DuLB5iGweAuo&has_verified=1
>>
>>380370641
Where
>>
Im worried about lack of hunting halls/online quests.
>>
File: 1497396441295.png (28KB, 572x302px) Image search: [Google]
1497396441295.png
28KB, 572x302px
>>380370418
Nah, it's casualised shit
>>
>>380370501

>Favourite Game
MH4U

>Main weapon
Greatsword

Seditious Cleaver
Dalamadur's set (but it sucks put together)

>Favourite Monster
Still Zinogre, but MH4U Diablos is so much funner to fight than previous iterations, so just props to that. A 7 minute good fight multiple times the other day, without a single sonic bomb.

>Favourite Zone
MH1 Volcano, (That creepy lava cave music)
>>
>>380369518
What shit music
>>
>>380370943
Bloodborne was more focused for western audiences and had many western themes an it was fine. Just because a company makes changes doesn't mean it's shit. Nice panicking though.
>>
>>380370943
They've said they want the West to like monster hunter since MH3, and it's still had plenty of challenge. That means literal fuck all.
>>
>>380370943
Why don't you just wait til we see it play. With the success of hard games and push towards more difficulty I don't see any reason for them to sacrifice that with this game. Also, Japan is getting this game, so there goes that.
>>
>>380369518
I think it'll be fine. It looks good and I saw several normal gameplay mechanics in that Japanese video showing a little more gameplay. I don't see how it's any less of a MH game.
>>
>>380369518
>adding more mechanics that echo the original intention of the series and not half assing them for once is casualizing and ruining
>>
>>380371457
>>380371909
>>380372084
I am hoping it's good, if it is, I will get it on PC.
I am just salty because since MHF2 I've been loving it on portables, chilling with my group of mates.
Much better than playing online.
>>
>>380369518
It looks not as "hardcore" as lv 140 Rajang/Deviljho but that's not a bad thing. I feel like those were just bloated up HP mobs for the sake of "difficulty". Better to have new gameplay mechanics to work with and new features so we can relearn the games and it feels fresh.
>>
>>380372656
I agree that, it should get a switch port at some point. I would like that. However, what has me most worried is, will they have offline town/guild hall again? I hope so. Because I don't want to have to deal with server latency or problems just to fight High rank/G rank monsters. I just want to solo the game, then play online for fun after I'm done. Same way I did the past few monhuns.
>>
>>380372698
When has a reveal trailer ever shown high powered versions of late game bosses?
>>
>>380373274
Well, true. But I guess that just devalues everyones opinion about casualization even more. We all know that early monsters and Low Rank is always super easy. So I'm pretty sure there will be harder stuff in the game.
>>
>>380372656
I loved playing it on the shitter. Wake up in the morning and have my morning dump n hunt. Feels good.
>>
>>380373510
Exactly, most of that stuff is just people flipping out for no reason. This is something I've wanted since the first game, and I couldn't be happier that they're finally pushing the concept further rather than cheaping out on gimmicks and being carried by the core combat. And that still looks present and correct too, only they replaced the QTE with Dogma-esque real climbing..
>>
>>380370501

>Favourite Game
MH4U

>Main weapon
Heavy Bowgun

Seltas Z Gunner Armour
Seltas Cannon

>Favourite Monster
Seltas Queen & Cuck

>Favourite Zone
Moga woods

There needs to be more insect type giant monsters.
>>
>>380374586
Honestly, the biggest thing that has me worried is how washed out and weird the game looks. Rathalos looked alright I guess, but that new monster doesn't really look like it belongs in a Monster Hunter game
>>
>>380376113
The way the effects stand out make me think it's just early days, but the world overall is quite pretty. Also I totally disagree on the monsters not looking like they fit, the designs look grounded, functional and subtle yet unique with features that stand out and show how it works as a monster. The inflating horn guy looks like he'd fit perfectly in MH1, 2 or 3. I like the armour too, it looks like a new take on Hunter armour which was the best flagship set next to Pokke's set.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.