[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a guy gotta do to play a comfy classic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

I really want to play some Lunar 2.

One of YOU must tell me how to do this on my PC.

!!GO!!
>>
Download emulator.
>>
Emulators, you fucking retard
>>
>>380362049
Did you try turning it off and back on again?
>>
>>380362049
Delete windows 32.
>>
>>380362049
Lunar 1 and 2 have butchered translations on both Sega CD and PS1, PSP remake uses PS1 copypasted translation it's also butchered.

There are retranslation patches that fix the horrible parts for the Sega CD versions but there are no patches for PS1 and PSP versions.

So if you want to play Lunar without butchered translation, it's Sega CD or nothing.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23436.0

This link has the patches you need. It also has patches to PS1 versions to unfuck the gameplay changes in western version, but it doesn't unfuck the translation.
>>
File: lucia1_large.jpg (83KB, 622x916px) Image search: [Google]
lucia1_large.jpg
83KB, 622x916px
What's the best emulator, sound, and graphics drivers?

I need to see my waifu again.
>>
>>380363267
>http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23436.0

Thanks for this btw.
>>
>>380363267
The PS1 Working Designs translation was funny and the psp version was updated to be a bit more faithful. They're fine.
>>
>>380364736
They really aren't. Working Designs are the 4Kids of videogames in the 90s, as bad as modern NoA.

Sega CD Lunar 1 changes:
http://lunar-net.com/tss/tss_diff.php

Sega CD Lunar 2 changes:
http://lunar-net.com/eb/eb_diff.php

PS1 Lunar 1 changes:
http://lunar-net.com/sssc/sss_diff.php

PS1 Lunar 2 changes:
http://lunar-net.com/ebc/ebc_diff.php

It's raped, all of them.
>>
File: Althena.jpg (30KB, 212x315px) Image search: [Google]
Althena.jpg
30KB, 212x315px
What graphics plugin should I get for using a rx480?
>>
>>380365396
It was a different time. And by that, I mean it was literally a time when WD brought those games over their way, or the games never came out in America at all.

I don't particularly trust any other translations, because I don't know what work did or didn't go into it, and there was a certain character to the WD translations that made up for the absurd liberties they took with it.

And it's odd to compare it to NoA, because those are censored for content. If anything, WD would put in far dirtier jokes. There was a reference to tossing salad in the fucking Magic Knight Rayearth game.
>>380362049
Emulate, of course, but last I tried to emulate SSSC, I believe there was on emulator that did the game itself well, but didn't run the cutscenes right, and another that ran the cutscenes well, but lagged a bit in gameplay. So search around for the right settings, you might get it to run perfectly with some tinkering.
>>
>>380366659
>And it's odd to compare it to NoA, because those are censored for content.
Wrong. NoA also completely changes dialogue to "spice it up" just like WD.
NoA is quite literally WD's modern successor.
Also good job being cancer defending rape of original work for the sake of "character".
>>
>>380366907
>http://lunar-net.com/sssc/sss_diff.php
>>380365396

I don't understand how you're so butthurt by people liking these games. Working Designs was all I knew as a kid and I loved their games. Heck the Lunar SSSC outtakes made me want to get into making games.
>>
>>380367497
Because you're a censorship defending shitter that approves of butchering the original creator's intent for the sake of memes and other such garbage.
Working Designs didn't even make these games, they only """"""translated"""""" them by absolutely destroying the creator's original intent.
Eat shit and die, seriously I wish you get cancer and die you piece of subhuman shitstain you're the cancer killing gaming.
>>
>>380362049
Post videos of your playthrough somewhere.

I need to know what Megumi Hayashibara's Lemina sounds like for research.
>>
>>380367856
I have to disagree. The creators had no intentions of bringing it to the US, so I'm not really worried about his feelings.

>>380368175
If I ever get an emulator running I might. ePSXe205 isn't working for me. idk if Win10 has anything to do with it or it's just my own ineptitude.
>>
>>380367497
He's probably some kid you didn't grow up on these games, and also is too young to remember a time when that many games just never came to America. The only time WD really fucked up was that Treasure game with the witch girl that had different powers when you faced right or left (I forget the title). They, for some fucking reason, messed with the price of things in the store, so a lot of shit you wouldn't be able to get at all until the end of the game. That was way too far, and I avoided the game due to it.
>>380367856
Well, I see I was right about you being really, really young. This is an 18+ board, you know.
>>
Is this a good series? Has always been quite obscure so I've overlooked it, what's it's selling point?
>>
>>380368657
Good job jumping to conclusions just because I insulted you on cuckchan, what's the matter, outside of your plebbit safe space? Get cancer and die.
>>
>>380368659
If you only have a passing appreciation for the medium, it's hard to get into because it's so basic. It's definitely a period piece. If you're into JRPGs, though, it's got heart.
>>
>>380368659
It's fairly old school rpg, started on the Sega CD and was one of the first japanese rpgs with extensive anime cutscenes and voice acting. 1 and 2 were released on the Sega CD, and both were extensively remade for the PS1 (1 having major changes to the story, including a party member that leaves early on now staying through the majority of the game). I could go on, but like >>380369065 said, it depends on how much you like japanese rpgs.
>>380368838
It's okay, darling, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I notice you aren't even claiming I'm wrong though.
>>
>>380368659
It's a turn based rpg. You aren't limited to a few playable characters as all of them were on the field in your fights. It has anime style cut-scenes and voice acting. An "epic" storyline, and some good fapping material before the internet was here.

Somewhere I have a copy of the walkthrough, and it is full of great pictures and wonderful commentary.
>>
>>380369065
When I mean heart, I mean specifically that it has very strong character chemistry and they interact with each other constantly. The scenario writing, on the other hand, has been done to death in the intervening years so it's extremely well-tread ground at this point.
>>
Seriously though this is a huge bitch. I cannot get this fucker to work.
>>
I bought and played the 2nd game for PS1 when I was a kid. I always wanted to play the original game on PS1.
>>
>>380362049
Man, what the FUCK did they do to the character art in the Complete version?
>>
>>380368657
>>380368589
Just the lavish extras they put with their games made them aces in my book. I still have my Lunar 1 and 2 games/extras and don't even have a ps1 anymore.
>>
Albert Odyssey on the Sega Saturn is pretty comfy.
>>
>>380362761
An effort was made
>>
>>380370531
Same here. I even have that sock puppet thing that came with one of the collector's editions.

I think i have a ps2 around here somewhere i can play this on...
>>
>>380370449
Is it strange or bad or something? I never played the Sega CD stuff. Did it get too anime or something with the introduction of cutscenes?
>>
>>380370106
I know, emulation is wonderful when it goes well, but sometimes it takes a while to wrangle. Wish I had some advice to give you.

Since you're talking about translation and such, here is the original Megadrive CD opening to Lunar 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MFoDH1OUos
>>
>>380362049
download ePSXe you stupid nigger.
>>
File: lunar-eternal-blue.png (639KB, 559x800px) Image search: [Google]
lunar-eternal-blue.png
639KB, 559x800px
>>380370106
Emulate the Sega CD version if you're having issues with the PS1 emulator.
>>
>>380371418
And here is the WD western version for comparison. Despite how much they sound alike, I recall the tone of the lyrics being very different (I don't have the directly translated lyrics on hand). But this was pretty fucking cool back in the day, especially since this was one of the few great Sega CD games at all.

Obviously something like this wouldn't fly today, they'd either pay for the rights to keep the Japanese vocals, or they'd cut vocals all together. And remember, this was 3-4 years before Final Fantasy VII, rpgs were a niche genre, and it was on an underperforming add-on for the Genesis. I'm pretty sure attempts to Americanize games were much more important then than they are now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiLLN5U9w2U
>>
>>380372286
I can't get it working :(
>>
>>380372974
You are using the links provided by the emulation general wiki, right? You have the PS1 bios, and such?
>>
>>380362049
Best version of Lunar 2 is Sega CD. The PS1 version did not have the same remake standards as Lunar 1. Changes to the story were for the worse and the FMVs were very low quality.
>>
>>380373482
oh no I need to look up that wiki. I do have the bios though.
>>
File: Luciableh.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Luciableh.png
2MB, 1024x768px
>>380371000
The art style in the Complete version is pretty horrid at times compared to the SCD original. Lucia got the most noticeable downgrade, I think.

>Did it get too anime or something with the introduction of cutscenes?
The SCD version was cutscenes galore. What do you mean?
>>
Buy Genesis and Sega CD now faggot
>>
File: artbook-l12oa-009.jpg (1MB, 1623x2400px) Image search: [Google]
artbook-l12oa-009.jpg
1MB, 1623x2400px
They should've kept Jean a dancer
>>
>No modern Rayman tier HD 2D simple JRPGs with Lunar/Slayers/90's era stories.

Guess I'll play Underage Panty Quest XVIII - Hurt Feelings Edition , or Queer boys/girls/not sure fancy road adventure jrpg...
>>
>>380375494
Try the Trails in the Sky trilogy.
>>
File: go.gif (29KB, 447x258px) Image search: [Google]
go.gif
29KB, 447x258px
>>380375494
>tfw no modern Popful Mail sequel.

feels bad.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.