[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are we allowed to like this game now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: key.jpg (124KB, 736x673px) Image search: [Google]
key.jpg
124KB, 736x673px
are we allowed to like this game now?
>>
>>380355923
no its fucking awful
>>
>>380356030
t. person who never played it
>>
>>380355923
It's sacrifice to bring us 2 new metroid games shall not be in vain
>>
Metroid cycle?
>>
>>380355923
Naw its too late to bring it back
>>
>>380355923
No, it's mediocre even as a 4 player co op shooter
>>
>>380355923
I bought it on release and thought it was decent

Not metroid at all, but it was kind of fun
>>
>It's a casual coop shooter
>OMG NEW METROID GAME
>WOOO METROID
>THIS ISN'T METROID, IT'S JUST A CASUAL COOP SHOOTER FUCK YOU NINTENDO
>>
>>380360136
>implying people didn't hate on sight the moment it was first revealed
>>
Its bad regardless of being a Metroid game
>>
>>380357158
But they're both gonna turn out to be shit.
>>
It's barely better than Other M
>>
>>380355923
I haven't played it but from what I saw it looked boring as fuck. Weak aesthetics, weak level design, bad bosses, simplistic gameplay. I'm someone who mostly enjoyed Triforce Heroes, Federation Force seemed like a much shittier and shootier version of that. Maybe I'm wrong and the game is actually a masterpiece, but I doubt it.

I imagine it will get a lot less hate now because there are actual Metroid games coming out now, but I don't expect it to become a cult classic or anything.
>>
>people hated this game not for its contents, but for the implications its existence had on the state of Metroid
>the game was heavily critisized for being inappropiate during a time of hiatus for Metroid
>turns out this was just the beginning of a new wave of Metroid games

It's unfortunate to have this new Metroid era started with a Spin-Off, but can't we just accept Fed Force to be the Spin-Off, while Samus Returns is the handheld 2D game while Prime 4 is the console 3D game?
Just like back then, Hunters was the Spin-Off, Zero Mission the handheld 2D game while Prime Trilogy was the console 3D game?
>>
>>380355923
personally I don't think /v/ likes video games in general.
>>
>>380361217
>but can't we just accept Fed Force to be the Spin-Off,
Sure. But that doesnt make it a good game.
>>
I played it all the way through. It was okay. I really liked the gyro precision controls.
>>
>>380361217
But was the content actually good though? I have never actually seen anyone legitimately talk about the game on its own merits, I only people say variations of
>it wasn't that bad you guys
>it's just a spin-off
>I liked it
etc
>>
sure it wasn't very good, and it wasn't really a true metroid game, but it's fun with friends :)
>>
>>380355923
I'm more amazed Nintendo was even going to give this franchise another chance after the fanbase went full derp on itself.
>>
>>380362064
>>it wasn't that bad you guys
That's pretty much the best thing that can be said about it. Its not a good game, and people only pretend to like it to poke at Metroidfags
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.