[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this, what am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Shogun-2-home.jpg (65KB, 700x280px) Image search: [Google]
Shogun-2-home.jpg
65KB, 700x280px
Just bought this, what am I in for?
>>
Shamefur dispray memes
>>
The last good Total War games.
>>
>>380323539
I shiggy diggy hope you got the complete package with Fall of the Samurai.
>>
>>380323539
Shameful displays.
>>
>>380324890
Not really.

Pretty good game. The most accessible of the new TW games. Straightforward.
The game works in a rock- paper- scissor mechanic when it comes to spears, swords and cavalry, although some shit is unbalanced.
Top tier expansion in Fall of the samurai.

So yeah, pretty good shit. Play a few games in vanilla, then add a few mods.
>>
>>380328110
>The most accessible of the new TW games. Straightforward.
Not really. The food mechanic will fuck over new players.
>>
>>380329551
Food mechanics easy to understand, although new players might not understand how abusable it is.

If this isn't the last good Total War game, Attila is.
>>
>>380326535
JUST bought that as well on your recommendation sir.
>>
File: SHAMEFURDISPRAY.jpg (7KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
SHAMEFURDISPRAY.jpg
7KB, 165x115px
>>380324357
>Shamefur dispray
>>
OUR ENEMY IS FLEEING THE BATTLEFIELD
>>
stutters on my machine unfortunately
>>
Getting absolutely steamrolled at the beginning of your campaign. Back before I bought it and just had a pirate copy I thought it actually had some kind of anti-piracy in it that was making everyone fuck me over
>>
>>380324890
Attila was literally the best total war game. Warhammer is pretty good too.
>>
>>380324357
>>380327751
Yeah basically the origin of this
>>380330416
>Getting steamrolled at the beginning
Literally how? Unless you're the Oda or Takeda then it is almost always smooth sailing east or west.
>>
>>380323539
The definitive Total War experience.
Virtually all Total Wars (maybe except Wh) are this, just masqueraded with a ton of makeup and several lipsticks.

Jeff Van Dyke's amazing music, great and colorful graphics, a cheating campaign AI, the single best TW expansion pack to date along with the most advanced era the series ever reached,...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSBaDLx56U
>>
File: 1497197353565m.jpg (105KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1497197353565m.jpg
105KB, 1024x576px
>>380323539
The best post-Empires Total War.

Vanilla is fun.
Unless you like the time period (Genpei war), Rise is too plain.
[spoilers]I can't like Fall because of the lame setting (Boshin """""war""""")[/spoilers] but it is very fun.
>>
>>380330675
Is attila worth a try if I hated Rome 2 but love Rome 1/shogun 2/Warhammer
>>
>>380329919
How is it abusable?
>>
>>380331395
For some reason the start of literally all of my campaigns are absolutely hellish no matter which faction I choose. If I manage to scrape by, beat back the constant attacks from huge armies and capture a couple of regions it gets A LOT easier but the beginning is always crazy
>>
File: 1491080767516.jpg (24KB, 278x253px) Image search: [Google]
1491080767516.jpg
24KB, 278x253px
>>380323539
A damn good time, anon.

You should utilise the brief Nippon history craze this game will induce and watch some Akira Kurosawa classics such as Throne of Blood, Seven Samurai, and Yojimbo.
>>
enjoy it because total war is a warhammer series now
>>
>>380331395
Oda is easy mode, what are you even on nigga
>>
>>380330416
You're probably spending all your money for buildings that actually lower your income. Never ever upgrade markets and immediatly raze all upgraded markets in conquered cities. Also never upgrade castles unless you already have 10+ provinces but even then you should only upgrade one castle in a province with a smithing speciality and leave all others on the lowest level.
There is nothing more important for the economy then having a huge food surplus.
>>
>>380323539
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap_NkPCkl4c
>>
File: shamfurrdisprayy.png (82KB, 324x166px) Image search: [Google]
shamfurrdisprayy.png
82KB, 324x166px
>>380332236
Guess I got it down to a science at this point where if a neighboring force declares war on me I just turtle in a fortress and line it up with spearmen. Worked all the way up to V. Hard and Legendary where I had to start being aggressive.
>>
considering that Total War: Warhammer is the best in the series so far...
dunno, you will probably enjoy them but not as much as you would enjoy TWW
>>
>>380323539
The best Total War for people just getitng into the series, and one of the best overall.
Even at release it was a remarkably well-running and coherently designed game.

>>380330153
Advisor Guy was much funnier in the first Shogun. The last really good Advisor Guy was the Medieval 2 one.
>>
>>380331395
Oda is basically Ashigaru spamming your way to victory in the early game.
>>
>>380333115
Oda is easy because of high quality Ashigaru but that doesn't change the fact that you're surrounded by highly aggressive clans like those Bhuddist monks to the north or the fucking Hattori to the west. And more often than not both the Imagawa and Tokugawa will be coming after you right out the gates. So yeah on lower difficulties it's a breeze but on hard and up you can get fucked over if you aren't cautious.
>>
>>380323539
Arguably the best in the series before they started cramming dlc down everyone's throats. Easy to get into and a lot of fun, only downside is campaign movement always looks the same. Either you're going west or east.
>>
>>380323539
its a good game, fun for a little while before you never play it again.

Ai is kind of shit though. I found that Ai will go above and beyond to try and attack your cavalry with their spears. I found that if im being sieged, I can stick some calvary units outside the walls and just have 2/3rds of their spears chase them endlessly around the map till they fatigued.

>>380330416
thats what i found. If you go normal difficulty you can essentially sleep your way to victory. Go hard and above and all of a sudden everyone just tries to gang rape you early game.
>>
>>380323539

the best total war game, even better if you have fall of the samurai

remove ikko ikki
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.