[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP CONMAN STUDIOS:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 1495234159609[1].png (408KB, 600x620px)
1495234159609[1].png
408KB, 600x620px
The Father of Mega man (but not creator)'s studio has died and has been bought out by Level 5:

https://www.destructoid.com/inafune-s-struggling-studio-comcept-acquired-by-level-5-442379.phtml
>>
L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>380315735

Does anyone else kinda feel bad for him and want to give him money just to get by?
>>
>>380316220

He should be on the street begging for quarters.
>>
That sucks but I still think there is some money to be made with Red Ash if it gets made.
>>
>MN9 pitch was just 3 years ago
>so much optimism for a bright future and a new IP
>it's dead, Comcept is dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvmiOQoBP4
>>
>>380316220
Just retards.
>>
>>380315735
He wasn't a conman. He genuinely thought he was going to be the savior of Japanese gaming and didn't realize how much Capcom had protected him in the past. Kamiya was wrong, he's a terrible businessman who tried to start a multimedia empire before he his first game was in a presentable state.
>>
File: Kamiya tried to warn us.png (452KB, 1490x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Kamiya tried to warn us.png
452KB, 1490x1065px
>>380317852
>Kamiya was wrong, he's a terrible businessman

He didn't say he was a good businessman.
>>
>>380317852
>who tried to start a multimedia empire before he his first game was in a presentable state.

He considered it just a continuation of mega man. So he wasn't making MN9 spin-offs, but Mega Man spin offs. As the "father" of the character, he thought they would shower him with money for the rights to the new series. He got greedy and ahead of himself.
>>
>>380318135
Based and why I buy all his stuff. Honest man with passion.
>>
Who's Level 5 again?
>>
Meh. Kind of deserved it.
>>
File: imagine.png (470KB, 1139x1079px) Image search: [Google]
imagine.png
470KB, 1139x1079px
>>380315735
>"Dragon Colonies is a monster-breeding PvP game, and Japan should see it sometime in 2018."
>>
>>380318765
Layton and shota soccer games.
>>
Karma bitch!
>>
File: sspepe.jpg (100KB, 800x780px) Image search: [Google]
sspepe.jpg
100KB, 800x780px
>>380315735
I really feel sorry for this dude.
Remember 3 years ago when he though Mighty No. 9 would start an indie revolution in Japan or something.
So much confidence and hard work and it all came crumbling down on top of him.
>>
>>380315735
i thought he had outside investors from Ching-chong land
>>
>>380316220
Do you understand what buying out means? He just got paid millions of dollars. He has far more money than your wagecuck ass has.
>>
>>380319502
>I really feel sorry for this dude.

Don't. He's an idiot with a big ego and no talent.

He should have focused on making a good game.
>>
>>380315735
I wish Sony would just buy the entire Soul Sacrifice concept from them. Too bad it's fucking dead now.
>>
>>380319768

>implying Comcept's tiny studio, debts, 700K in cash, shit IPs and 15 employees are worth millions
>>
>>380315735

I'd say he got what he deserved but he probably actually made a shitload of money off of all this and he definitely doesn't deserve any of that.
>>
>>380318135
It's funny how people cannot understand that being good at selling games and being good at making games are two different things.

It's like EA. You look at their upper management's previous jobs, and you'll find the former CFO of Pepsi and Mars Candy Company.
>>
>>380315735
So what about Red Ash?
>>
Why would Level 5 buy this shitshow?

Does Conamn own anything worth buying the studio for?
>>
>>380320391

Great, he can get funding for games.

He's not a director or creative person at all.

And now he's shown to be a shitty businessman.
>>
>>380320668

A building, 15 employees, and their IPs. It's probably more of a way to save face for Inafune and to continue working. He has lots of friends in the industry who can bail him out. Hino being one of them.
>>
>>380320669
I dunno if you really want to call him shitty after MN9. Distrusted, sure. But he did convince a bunch of people to invest in his rehashed sidescrolling shooter through kickstarter.

Again, look at EA. They've ruined dozens of game dev studios and successful franchises, but guess what? EA makes a profit. The big wig business majors that run the company don't care about making good games, they care about selling 'widgets' and making a profit. They could be selling condoms and they'd act no differently.
>>
>>380321209
>I dunno if you really want to call him shitty after MN9. Distrusted, sure. But he did convince a bunch of people to invest in his rehashed sidescrolling shooter through kickstarter.

But the project failed, made zero money, didn't produce the reliable multi-media cash cow series that Inafune wanted, and it burned his reputation.

Comcept was not making money and was probably losing it before this deal.
>>
>>380316220
Depends didn't he help ruin Lost Planet and made sure Dragon Dogma not get a sequel?
>>
>>380315735
So what level he is on?
>>
File: full.jpg (2MB, 2000x2800px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
2MB, 2000x2800px
>>380318135
>Similar? It's a copy.
That was just part of its problem, but the MegaManfags WANTED it to be a copy. Right down to NotRoll. That's how sad the fanbase is, they don't want novelty, they want the same shit over and over again with just slightly different boss battles and stages.
>>
I'd say "his" games are hit or miss. He's no genius or anything just merely an ideas man
or comcept man if you will. I hope this experience has humbled him and
made him see how he fucked up. With this buyout I have some hope that
he'll "make" something good again.
>>
>>380323564

I on the other hand hopes he necks himself.
>>
File: CREATOR OF ONIMUSHA AND MEGA MAN.jpg (485KB, 1681x1017px) Image search: [Google]
CREATOR OF ONIMUSHA AND MEGA MAN.jpg
485KB, 1681x1017px
How could the father of Onimusha, Mega Man, Resident evil and Monster Hunter fail?
>>
>>380322840
The poll was rigged anyway, of course a team named "Beck and Call" would win.
>>
>>380322840
>they want the same shit over and over again with just slightly different boss battles and stages.
Yeah, so?
What's with this Sonykid mentality of the same being bad?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.