[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when MH was ruined to appeal to casuals? There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 522
Thread images: 93

File: Monster-Hunter-World.png (2MB, 1710x963px) Image search: [Google]
Monster-Hunter-World.png
2MB, 1710x963px
Where were you when MH was ruined to appeal to casuals? There are no core monster hunter elements left in this game. A fucking grappling hook, machine gun, auto monster tracker, dumbed down combat, and gimmick environments.

>we want the cod audience
But if course it's ok when Sony does it!!
>>
Go play the old games then I'm tired of playing the same shit over and over
>>
No combat was shown, relax.

>gimmicks etc
No they're new mechanics. If this shit had the word Zelda on it people would be calling it GOTY
Also
>all of a sudden monster tracking is somehow a big deal
Yes because paintballs and a minimap are such a core mechanic to completing the hunt. Stop complaining for the sake of it and just enjoy vidya
>>
The colors looked a bit washed out
>>
>auto monster tracker

Did you play the other games anon? It was the easiest thing to have a fucking monster tracker. And even if you didn't have it, you could just run through every area in the span of a minute to find your hunt.

As for the other stuff, I don't know yet. It looks a hell of a lot more natural however, and I for one, want to play it to check it out.
>>
>>380302007

Where were you when MH was ruined to appeal to casuals? There are no core monster hunter elements left in this game. Fucking climbing, Insect Glaive (wtf?), instant monster tracker, dumbed down combat, and gimmick environments.

>>
>>380303084
>>380303058
>>380302734
>>380302695
Looks like the shills have entered the thread.
>>
File: 1496748036959.gif (1MB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
1496748036959.gif
1MB, 218x218px
>>380303364
>>380302007
>everyone is retarded but me
>>
>>380302007
I'm just glad they try to do something new
they missed the ball with underwater combat in mh3u
the verticality in mh4u was pretty good
MHX made the game laughably easy with the styles, and really annoying with the required prowler missions
I'm just glad to see a MH game that doesn't require me to buy a console, MH3U is literally the only game I have on my WiiU
>>
Hey I'd be salty too if I bought a Switch just for MH.
>>
>>380302007

Since when did MH become the next Madden and Fifa?

I mean for fucks sake even those games had to evolve to stay fresh. I've played MH since Freedom Unite and while Generations was a stupid fucking cash grab this actually looks GOOD.
>>
>>380303364
>shills
>when Capcom can't even afford to localize MHXX

Keep dreaming
>>
>>380303364
/v/ is SonyGAF so it can't be helped.
>>
>>380304643
Dillusional beyond belief man
>>
>>380303364

Where were you when MH was ruined to appeal to casuals? There are no core monster hunter elements left in this game. Fucking swimming, Switch Axe, charms, dumbed down combat, and gimmick environments.

>we want the mmo audience
>>
>>380302007
I'm a skeptical longtime fan as well and while it certainly seems this way we really don't know for now, they didn't show the core MH gameplay but that might just be for the sake of a flash trailer
>>
File: perfect.png (334KB, 498x568px) Image search: [Google]
perfect.png
334KB, 498x568px
>>380302007

>inb4 they don't bother to localize MHXX, or any future traditional Monster Hunter titles, in favor of trying to push the new dumbed down World series in the west so they don't confuse the stupid gaijins who are their new target demo

It hurts
>>
File: 1494907376592.png (204KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494907376592.png
204KB, 540x480px
I hope they fuckin destroy MH's old shitty combat system.

Tedious trial and error fights are cancer.

>Hurr, go kill this enemy.
>Whoops, it 1-shot you. Now learn to avoid that.
>You got it down to 50! New mechanics! 1-shot!
>Alright, now you've learned the choreography for this shit fight after dying twice, you get to move on to the next fight that's the same bullshit with new moves!
>BUT WAIT. To survive the gimmicks of this new fight you have to craft armor out of drops from the LAST fight!
>Remember that enemy you got bored of fighting already? Now you have to go back and kill them 10-50 more times for drops just to craft armor to do the same to the next boss, and the one after that, and the one after that!

This is a more tedious, boring, and worthless gear treadmill than even an MMO would have.

If you think raiders in WoW are retards for farming the same fights every week and wiping 20 times on each new "progression" fight before moving on and repeating it on the next boss, you must admit that MH game design is even worse.
>>
>>380302007
So tell me, which monsters need a spot in for this game to become a mustplay and do you hope for any new monsters or subraces?
>>
>>380306494
Looks like World is just for you.
>>
The grappling hooks is a great addition especially if its any whete near as good as it was in Lost planet 2.
>>
>>380303045
The west hates bright colors, that's why they like black characters.
>>
>>380306681
>all of the original mechanics are present in this

???
>>
>>380306494
bait
>>
I've been playing the games since the first MH, and I much more like the general style and look from what was shown of this. I hate the stupid flashy anime style the newer MH games have and how over-the-top they seem with butt fucking retarded monster designs and all the rest, hopefully this one isn't like that. I am however a bit worried the actual gameplay will be shit, especially with that batman detective mode we seen.
But who knows, it was a first reveal trailer so I'm gonna keep an open mind, but I'm not keeping my hopes up
>>
>They're adding new things to this installment of Monster Hunter!
>What the fuck?!?

Why are you pretending lile your first MH wasn't MHX?
>>
File: sairiaoh.png (337KB, 606x681px) Image search: [Google]
sairiaoh.png
337KB, 606x681px
>First monster hunter not on a sony console since P3RD HD
>Its now a 'cinematic' experience focused on QTEs and enviromental hazard damage
>>
Monster Hunter Divine Old One here with over 600,000,000,000,000 hours of game time beginning with the Devil May Cry 3 demo and leading all the way up to secret dev builds of the latest Monster Hunter test rigs, having acquired the speedrun records of every hunt under several alias as well as having found the perfect stun chains for ever monster before hammers were even cool, and having been the first one to solo many high ranking hunts, and who still to this day hones his might on secret Taiwanese pirate servers to continue the multiplayer tradition of the very first Monster Hunter for endless farming Rathalos Rubies, and I'm not even talking about Edo Tensei Rathalos. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Rathalos either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Rathalos with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Fatalis DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu, just like when in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table, here.

Game will probably be okay
>>
Does this mean we cant start Monster Hunter threads by making fun of casuals anymore

Fuck those were fun
>>
>when dragon's dogma sells well you gotta copy it for your biggest cash cow
>>
>>380302007
>A fucking grappling hook
Allows them to develop great environments like that dense forest while still making it traversable.
>Machine gun
Already in MHXX as a hunter art.
>Auto monster tracker
LITERALLY WHAT IS PSYCHOSERUM
>Dumbed down combat
[Citation needed]
>Gimmick environments
I'd rather have gimmicks than a boring circular arena.
>>
>>380309032
We still can, we can make fun of you.
>>
>>380304158
>buying a console for something not even announced let alone released
Could someone please explain?
>>
>>380309151
>I'd rather have gimmicks than a boring circular arena.

That shit's already in the previous MH games. Remember those Dragonators and Wyvernators you could only trigger once per 20 minutes? Yeah.
>>
>>380309265
You want me to explain stupidity to you?
>>
>>380309190
Im fine with that

What's your favorite monster anon?
>>
the last good mh that therell ever be is 4u,anything post that is/will be inevitable garbage,so get that 3fu 4u ps2 and psp versions and be done with the franchise it was good while it lasted lads
>>
>>380309551
I'd like to say Dalamadurr, but he's only good for one fight when you don't have your bearings.

So gonna have to say Barioth. I fucking love those fast motherfuckers, and the armour looks sweet too.
>>
>>380302007
Finally i can play it. MH has always been too unfocused with the slow ass grinding and farming
>>
>>380309551
Yian Garuga is cool and edgy.
>>
>>380302007
We have barley seen anything yet. Also what do you mean
>no core core monster hunter elements?
>>
I'm on board with everyone whose giving it a chance until we see some true gameplay.

All we saw is brief glimpse into some new stealth mechanic, we barely saw any combat.
>>
File: can-of-worms.jpg (63KB, 753x603px) Image search: [Google]
can-of-worms.jpg
63KB, 753x603px
Now the important question.
PS4, Xbone or PC?
>>
Why are people trashing a game that#s had a few minutes of footage that's entirely scripted anyway? Most of the stuff that's in there is even in other games so I don't see the point in getting mad already

>inb4 shill
The core elements are confirmed to be returning, HBG is basically a machine gun in XX anyway, Psychoserum exists and the grappling hook probably serves the same purpose as mounting
>>
b-but it's cool because it's not on switch
>>
File: 1496563662953.gif (1015KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1496563662953.gif
1015KB, 200x150px
>>380307653
>I can't deny they're correct so I'll call it bait!
-/v/ for the past 3 years

Pathetic.
>>
>>380310476
>comparing a hud feature to an item you have to sacrifice an inventory slot
>>
>>380302007
Why are you guys crying so hard, MH has always been a series for casuals who like grinding more than fun games. The first two that made it a hit were on PS2, and then they moved to handhelds. They're just shitty little grinding simulators for chinks to play together on the train. I bought the original MH when it was only a year old and what I saw last night looked a thousand times more appealing and like an actual game. I'm excited for it. Thank god Nintendo isn't holding the series hostage on their shitty underpowered handhelds anymore and it can be a real game again.
>>
>>380310435
PC easy.
Just think of the nude mods. For Rathian.
>>
>>380309551
Zinugger.
I believe he got easier in MHX though; he doesn't spam his stand up swipe anymore.
>>
>>380310809
>sacrifice an inventory slot

Oh NO! What a great loss!
>>
>>380310809
>being so bad you need a gorrilian Mega Potions, Honey and Herbs
>>
File: 1496461884475.png (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496461884475.png
115KB, 500x500px
>>380310435
>PC

I cannot wait to play monster hunter on the PC. Jesus christ.
>>
>same set up when revealing 4
>no hud, examples of new gameplay elements, title
>this is bad now though

nintenbros can't stand it's not on their tablet desu.
>>
>>380309551
it used to be tigrex, but I feel he got too easy when they added the exhaustion mechanic
>>
>>380302007
Just come to the realization that every franchise you like is going to be shit on eventually pandering to braindead, shiteating retards who never once paid attention to it.
>>
File: 1447734719655.gif (615KB, 346x259px) Image search: [Google]
1447734719655.gif
615KB, 346x259px
>MH threads used to be started by ironic shitposting that the game is too hard and doesn't handhold you enough
>now MH threads will be started by actual shitposting that the game is the too hard and doesn't handhold you enough, now with more BTFO consolewarring bullshit
>>
analysis of the announcement trailer
lots of old mechanics still in game
speculating on some of the newer stuff
going slowmotion on short scenes and seeing some interesting shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kt_Yh6gnFc
>>
>>380309551
Lao-Shan Lung if we're talking in general, just because of the scale since I love me some big/huge monsters in the game

For the flavour it's Teostra just because of how the jaw click it does actually works. MonHun Biology is neat
>>
>>380311296
>so desperate for exclusives that you have to cling to a multiplat
You've fallen a long way from Bloodborne.
>>
>>380311503
>pandering to braindead, shiteating retards
Monster Hunter has been marketed to these people for like ten years though. It was always just a psuedo MMO where you spent 900 hours grinding for a new hat or some shit. The games have hardly even changed despite the first one being released like 14 years ago, lol. You're basically complaining about Dynasty Warriors and saying "this new one is just for casuals and other retards!!! It was always a good series until (insert company, probably Sony) ruined it!!!
>>
>>380311228
>no fucking triangles everywhere
>smooth FPS
>1080p
Like why did MH release on the worst fucking platforms?
>>
>>380310435
PC, only reason not to would be because you can't.
>>
>>380310630
>Shitposting is now valid criticism

Kys
>>
>Complaining about 4U because of mounting
>Complaining about X because of Styles
>Complaining about MHW because of a few gimmicks

Don't let the "long term Monster Hunter players" fool you, people spout this kind of shit with every new game that comes out and the game still ends up being pretty good
>>
File: 1481215115635.png (571KB, 1200x847px) Image search: [Google]
1481215115635.png
571KB, 1200x847px
>>380310435
PC, I got a high end pc so there is no point In playing on shitty consoles if its not portable, plus I don't have to pay 50 pound to play games online every year.
>>
>>380311545
>MH threads are now filled to the fucking brim with people who don't give two shits about the series and have never played any of them, and are just consolewarring like the pathetic shitstains they are.

I think people on both sides should hold their opinions until gameplay is shown, but for the love of god stop trying to act like you know fucking shit other than what's been parroted already.
>>
>>380310476
>HBG is basically a machine gun in XX anyway,

That was an LBG in the trailer
>>
>>380311893
>completely change all the core mechanics of a series to the point where it's unrecognizable
>YOU JUST HATE CHANGE ITS ALWAYS THE SAME
This is literally DmC all over again.
>>
>>380312065
What if you have friends you want to play with on consoles? Optional cross play would be cool.
>>
Can we at least agree that the shift to consoles is a good thing? Fuck the 3ds control scheme, that made my fingers ache for hours. I literally couldn't play it for more than an hour and a half at a time it was so bad.
>>
>>380312459
The animations looked pretty good.
Having played a few Korean MH MMO copies I think it'll stay pretty faithful to the original series.
I mean there already was mounting and shit so really it isn't a big surprise that they add a few more things.
>>
>>380306076
I primarily play fronter, so it doesn't bother me. But I can understand your pain. Luckily the switch isnt region locked
>>
>>380312639
Really? It looked pretty fucking recognizable to me, someone who hasn't played any of the games besides the first, within literal seconds. It looked like a Monster Hunter game being made on hardware that can actually support a good game and not a handheld meant to just play grinding simulators on public transit.
>>
>>380312614
>Gun as big as the person
>Clear segment for where it folds to be sheathed

It's very much a HBG.
>>
File: 1495768109719.jpg (81KB, 244x324px) Image search: [Google]
1495768109719.jpg
81KB, 244x324px
Any actual sources or are drones STILL pissed?
>>
>>380312773
Huh? Nintendo controls were comfy and ergonomic as fuck. Maybe you have manlet hands which is why you prefer small part controllers.
>>
>>380312639
Dude anyone could tell it was Monster Hunter just by looking at it in the first couple of seconds and the core mechanics are still there, just with added gimmicks on top. Absolutely nothing in that trailer didn't fit with the style of Monster Hunter other than the washed out colours
>>
File: marisasmirk.jpg (166KB, 589x623px) Image search: [Google]
marisasmirk.jpg
166KB, 589x623px
>A series where you couldn't attack and move at the same time for quite a while

Maybe if the series wasn't straight fucking garbage from the start, I would have actually considered playing it at some point earlier on. This new one looks like it's actually good and it features combat mechanics that should be in any game like Monster Hunter. I might actually have to give it a try now.
>>
File: 1497109280144.png (80KB, 686x686px) Image search: [Google]
1497109280144.png
80KB, 686x686px
>>380313079
>any actual sources

What?
>>
Why are people complaining? This game is exactly what I've been asking for, since I'm sick of them being on nintendo consoles. Its for PC, looks gorgeous, has dynamic and seamless mapping, indepth envirormental gameplay, and has new monsters/world. My childhood can finally be recreated.
>>
>>380309551
jhen
>>
>>380302007
The hate for this game is just shitposting at this point
>>
File: 1497285413181.jpg (116KB, 724x897px) Image search: [Google]
1497285413181.jpg
116KB, 724x897px
>tfw too low IQ to enjoy Monster Hunter kino edition
i dont want to use the environment bros.... just let me gangrape a monster with my 3 buds in a flat plain
>>
>>380311743
>Monhun Biology
>Nakarkos eat Ceadeus babies but Ceadeus eat Nakarkos

Fuck I want past elder dragons in World or future installments
>>
>>380313438
If you need a party to kill something then you already fucked up.
>>
>>380313247
>3ds controls are comfy and ergonomic

I had to buy a fucking grip for it because even the nu XL sized one was too small, and even then the fucking little nib is a piece of cancerous shit.
>>
>>380313247
The Dualshock 4 is bigger than a 3DS. Probably same with the Xbone controller too.
>>
File: 64859725.OimNvznj.BSfeather.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
64859725.OimNvznj.BSfeather.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
What are you even talking about, all we saw was a cinematic trailer. Jesus you people just love to hate on everything.
>>
>2016: Monster Hunter is the best. NEVER EVER Sonybros!!!

>2017: Monster Hunter is fucking casual, I'm totally not bitter about getting ANOTHER port from a 3DS game I already have.

You guys are the fucking worst. I'm looking forward to it, DB master race.
Enjoy playing this new installment on the Switch.
>>
>>380313415
Nintendofriends are just upset that they won't be able to play this game.
>>
I'm excited for the things that they can do with invading monsters in a game like this. Like instead of having scripted quests where an Elder Dragon invades they could have it happen at any time based on the ecology of the monster and where it's likely to show up.

Thinking about things like that makes me look forward to the game quite a bit actually
>>
File: 1496151325329.jpg (44KB, 413x393px) Image search: [Google]
1496151325329.jpg
44KB, 413x393px
>>380313640
>playing MH on your controller of choice
>>
>>380313247
No they weren't. It's awkward and terrible on the same level as kid icarus uprising.
>>
>Monsterhunter for casuals

Sounds like my dream game desu. If not wanting to play Farmville to be able to make traps, just to increase the chances of some faggot monster dropping his uber-rare item by 4 % makes me a casual, then pour that Mtn dew baby.

I just remember playing MH on the 3ds with my buddy, hunting Rathalos like 20 times just so he could get his ruby, with me getting it on the first attempt. So fucking tedious.
>>
>>380313626
That's just regular rape, not gangrape.
And now don't give me that
>he can't gangrape alone
>laughinganimegirl.png
>>
>>380313680
That Xbone pro controller is literally the best fucking controller ever made. Is heavy, feels fucking great, and you can customise a lot of it.

Unfortunately it costs an arm and a leg, and I still haven't bought it, since I don't have the budget to spend on that kind of luxury.
>>
File: 1479249181571.png (626KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479249181571.png
626KB, 800x720px
>PC
The only thing that matters to me.
>>
>>380313079
every single time i ask for a source when someone says anything about this game i get ignored. I don't know where people are pulling their information from.
>>
File: 1421996476860.jpg (254KB, 865x732px) Image search: [Google]
1421996476860.jpg
254KB, 865x732px
>>380313924
Been doing this for years.
And it's oh so good.
>>
>>380312838
The worse part is that I've seen many, many people like you who are saying this unironically.
>>
File: 1488403230766.jpg (11KB, 236x350px) Image search: [Google]
1488403230766.jpg
11KB, 236x350px
>3 minutes of pre-rendered gameplay
>IT'S RUINED, GAME OVER
>>
File: 234525234.jpg (79KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
234525234.jpg
79KB, 960x960px
>>380313924
>mfw
>>
>>380314027
Batteries.
Also, the Steam controller did the same and I fucking hate it.
>>
>>380314115
>I don't know where people are pulling their information from.

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>380313961
Rathalos ruby doesn't drop in low rank you fucking liar.
>>
>>380302007
>grappling hook
>wrist crossbow
>detective mode
Really gets my noggin' joggin'
>>
>>380314263
>the Steam controller did the same and I fucking hate it.

The steam controller sucks balls. What the fuck do you mean, "did the same"?
>>
>>380311228
>>
>>380314131
I was saying it unironically.
But you know that.
Playing 4U I could still be a giant hammerfag like I was in the first games.
>>
>>380314428
Give me a source
>>
>>380306494
I unironically agree
MH is grindy dogshit. Who wants to kill damage sponge bosses over and over and over and over and over and over?
>hurr lets design a fight that takes 10-20 minutes
>and give the monster a 1% drop rate item that you need 5 of to finish their gear set
genius!
>>
>>380314637
Do you still have to jump through hoops to get it working on a gaijin PC?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCGbdxAjWRs
Trying if the embed gets past privated videos
>>
>>380309551
Narcaguga in FU is best fight hands down
>>
File: 1368054888571.png (743KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1368054888571.png
743KB, 1280x720px
I fucking hate "anti-grind fags". If they aren't instantly moving on to the next shiny set piece in a game they autistically screech, "GRINDING RRREEEE" and drop the game. This doesn't just apply to Monster Hunter. I have met people who unironically believe that any game with turn based combat (primarily JRPGs) are "grinding games" and refuse to play them.
>>
>>380314637
I'll pass.
>>
>>380313252
If Rathalos weren't there and they replaced the Hunter with literally any other character, there's not a single fucking thing in that trailer that says "Monster Hunter".
>>
File: 1444031913262.jpg (9KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1444031913262.jpg
9KB, 177x278px
>more trap variety that connect to trees and shit
>more tools like flares/stuff to throw
>stealth
>monsters fight each other now
>even more atmospheric environments
>swimming is back
>environmental setpieces like running through tunnels/grappling hook shit
how the fuck are people trying to shitpost this, are people so jaded that they think this is some sort of monkey's paw?
>>
>>380314932
It will still have grind and you know it.
There's literally nothing wrong with it and capcom knows that.
>>
File: 1481147206891.gif (3MB, 391x229px) Image search: [Google]
1481147206891.gif
3MB, 391x229px
>>380312614
>That was an LBG
If it really was a LBG im going to kill my self, fuck this bullshit
>>
>>380314932
But you are aware of what grind is anon, right?

There's a difference between not moving forward because you suck, and not moving forward because you have to do 50 laps of the same shit.
>>
>>380314886
Here's the vid on facebook anyway, extended gameplay
/KaroshiMyriad/videos/1457587990930643/
>>
>>380314932
That's why i haven't finished final fantasy 7. You pretty much need to grind to not be one shot by bosses and it's just not worth it.
>>
>>380302007
Ill buy it to show them the path to PC. Maybe we could even get some ports to the PC and then you wouldn't need to play MHWs anymore.
>>
>>380314932
Monster Hunter is a literal grinding game though. Deal with it. Everyone would just rather grind on a home console than a tiny underpowered piece of shit portable with awful controls.
>>
>>380314870
Yep, same as DDO, because fuck nice things.
>>
>game is also announced for pc
>suddenly console players hate it
why does this happen every time
>>
>>380315091
They're pandering to the west and even worse Sonykids.
They have the attention span of an inbred goldfish do you really think they're going to take the time to actually grind anything out?
>>
>>380306856
If only games could incorporate such a nice mechanic that well. Lost Planet 3 still has me burnt though.
>>
File: 1488760386523.jpg (41KB, 463x479px) Image search: [Google]
1488760386523.jpg
41KB, 463x479px
>>380302007
It's a multiplat release, you cuck.
Also stop being a pussy because there's no hunter arts. It's faggots like you that helped double cross exist.
>>
>>380315081
>stealth
>grappling hook
>swimming
>flashy environmental setpieces
>good
>monsters "fighting" each other, which has been touted as a feature for several games yet has always been fucking nothing
>grasping so hard at straws that "flares" is somehow something to be excited about
>>
>>380315081
I'm a little worried, sure.

All that stuff is great, and could potentially improve the game, but to do so it's going to need some serious skill in design.
>>
>>380314940
The fuckoff huge bone sword?
>>
>>380306494
>>380314836

Then make and play another IP.

Don't ruin what Monhun is, because plenty of people enjoy how the current gameplay flow is.

But honestly, this just seems like a Capcom testing the waters deal. It will be wildly different and multiplatform, possibly dropping a lot of core Monhun mechanics for something more western, while most likely keeping the main series going on portable consoles which they've previously excelled in.

If MHW doesn't meet expectations, then they just won't continue to pursue the spin off and they still have the main series and main audience.

It's a win/win.
>>
>>380315479
>nu capcom
>good

I'll withold my judgement until gameplay is shown, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
File: 1478509710736.jpg (13KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
1478509710736.jpg
13KB, 540x489px
>>380315465
>stealth
>grappling hook
>swimming
>bad

I liked the swimming that Tri introduced. Call the cops, I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>380315273
Japs prefer to have their grind portable to fit their lifestyle.

Guess where MonHun has the bigger audience.
>>
File: 1475112084763.jpg (22KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1475112084763.jpg
22KB, 225x350px
Real talk here, as cool as this looks a miracle would have to happen for this to sell well. Monster Hunter sells so much in Japan because of it's portability and local multiplayer. The west doesn't care about monhun and it always sells poorly here, the console sales for Portable 3rd and MH3U aren't great either.
>>
>>380315208
>no cooking music
AAAAH
IT'S GOING TO FUCKING FAIL
>>
>>380315754
>nu capcom

What's nu about capcom that changes the way they operate from a decade ago?
>>
>>380314940
>bone greatsword
>beginner armor
>same crouching/sprinting animation
>same swimming animation
>mushrooms
>same mosquito-type enemies
>same velociraptor-type enemies screeching at the player
>same greatsword/mounting animations
I recognized the game as MH in the first few seconds dude
>>
Everyone should be concerned about this game purely because of everything else capcom has been doing. The only reason MH didn't go to complete shit like every other series they own was because of how much of it stayed exactly the same over the last 6 games.
>>
If its coming out on PC, you know everyone's just gonna cheat engine it.
>>
>>380316031
>The only reason MH didn't go to complete shit like every other series they own was because of how much of it stayed exactly the same over the last 6 games.
sad you're not getting another rehash then?
>>
>>380315889
Fuck japs. If they make a good game, people all around the world will buy it. If they make a shitty game, only japs and grind-loving weebs will buy it. Just by being on real consoles AND PC their odds for this being a hit goes through the roof.
>>
>>380315406
yeah I'm not sure you know what you're talking about here
the same kids are grinding out whatever battleduty exp counter for thousands of matches
>>
>>380315683
I honestly don't know why faggots want to a monster hunter game which is not monster hunter and just want to ruin the franchise.
>>380315792
>grappling hook
>good
>>
File: 1495996639415.jpg (12KB, 216x230px) Image search: [Google]
1495996639415.jpg
12KB, 216x230px
>>380316010
>change the hunter and you wouldn't recognize
>dude i recognized it immediately because of the hunter lmao
>>
File: MHW.png (178KB, 496x412px) Image search: [Google]
MHW.png
178KB, 496x412px
>>380309551
Ceadeus was really great.
>>
>>380315945
Show me the fucking numbers. Because as far as I know MH has sold like fucking hot cakes in the west.
>>
Nigga, it's like you never played Lost Planet.

I welcome this, make it look good, make the weapons fell good, allow me to use costumes over the stat clown suits, and it seems day one buy for me.

XX is shit. Glad switch isn't getting World.
>>
>>380316231
>a monster hunter game which is not monster hunter

Monster Hunter isn't even a Monster Hunter anon. There's fuck all hunting to be honest, anon.

>>380316307
>change things to look different, and it doesn't even look like it lmao

I can paraphrase retarded shit too anon.
>>
File: 1424325451264.jpg (31KB, 459x377px) Image search: [Google]
1424325451264.jpg
31KB, 459x377px
so wait, are we getting MHXX on 3ds for non-nips? or is it only on the switch? Ive got some silver and gold raths to grind and I need to know if i can still transfer my save like for the japanese MHXX
>>
>>380316307
Even without the hunter it would be recognizable to anyone who's even mildly into gaming. Are you sure you just can't recognize it because it's not ugly 240p shit with lots of flashy colors?
>>
File: 1497289461684.png (141KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497289461684.png
141KB, 600x600px
>>380303045
>>380306964
HA!
>>
>>380315081
Okay then have some more "shitposting"
>>more trap variety that connect to trees and shit
Gears the game more towards trapping the monster and just beating it while it's trapped even more so than previous games especially since you don't have to craft them and risk getting garbage.
>>more tools like flares/stuff to throw
I don't think that thing was a flare as much as it was just a stone which has been in the game for years.
>>stealth
Which has always been a part of the game however not as over powered as it is now. Monsters previously would detect you if you got too close even under the cover of smoke. Here? Put on your coat and you're invisible.
>>monsters fight each other now
Certain monsters have always done that.
>>even more atmospheric environments
So graphics. What does that add to the game exactly beyond a layer of prettiness?
>>swimming is back
And most likely will be just as bad as it was before. There's a reason it was removed in P3rd and 4/U and it was because it was just a plain pain in the ass to use and evade properly seeing as you couldn't guage where the Iframes would begin and end.
>>environmental setpieces like running through tunnels/grappling hook shit
Yes, and?
>>
>>380310832
>They're just shitty little grinding simulators for chinks to play together on the train.

I realized that after I was dumb enough to buy a 3ds two times only to realize that it has no fucking games if you're not into weebshit rpgs that look like flash games. Monster Hunter was practically the only non-Nintendo series that looked liked a game too bad it really is just a game where you grind a lot and the bosses take for ever to die. It doesn't even feel as if your fighting because they're sponges who soak up so much damage. It's nothing at all like a Souls game where bosses actually go down quickly once you've figured them out.
>>
>>380315201
I am 100% aware of what grind is. I played fucking Maplestory. "Anti-Grind fags" have NO IDEA what grind is and insist anything that has even a slight smell of repetitive is "RRREEE GRIND" and they shove it away like children who don't want to eat their vegetables.
>>380316031
And this right here. Street Fighter V is a fucking disaster. I really like the game and I would fucking play it, but after TWO BETAS, the online mode is still a fucking horrible laggy piece of shit. It's actually EVEN WORSE now. Capcom didn't have time to fuck Monster Hunter up because it basically has kept the company afloat from the shadows for years now.
>>
So let me get this straight.
From a trailer with barely any gameplay, mechanics or UI elements you've deducted that the game will ruin the franchise by appealing to casuals even though the previous MH added a mechanic that allows you to dodge every attack in the game with a million frames window?

You're out of your mind Nintenkiddo. At least wait until we know more about the gameplay.
>>
>>380315465
>stealth and swimming
in the series before
existed before, just not as flashy
>new useful tools not exciting
confirmed fag who skipped tri
>grappling hook
the main new thing actually shown, akin to mounting

>monsters fighting
>not fucking hype
>>
>>380315330
MHO isn't a nice thing.
>>
MHXX is the correct way to evolve the MH series. World is the wrong way.
>>
If Worlds only has 15-20 large monsters and no endgame, I can't see it having much staying power, regardless of the actual gameplay.
>>
Can't wait for Nips to avoid this game like the plague. Fuck Capcom for what they're trying to do.
>>
>>380316537
Hell yes, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was reminiscent of LP2
>>
>>380316213
>the same kids are grinding out whatever battleduty exp counter for thousands of matches
Brainless kids love to shoot because it's easy.
Which brings us to another possible issue, that they make the monsters both weak and overly predicitable to pander to those people.
>>
>m-muh bowgun shouldn't shoot fast
>it already can shoot fast in the games
>>
>>380316732
>I am 100% aware of what grind is. I played fucking Maplestory

So why are you making shit up about these mythical "Anti-Grind fags" who don't know about grind? Are you trying to say that Monster Hunter has no grind?
>>
>>380317107
It shouldn't be able to move while shoot fast.
>>
>>380303364
Pathetic, Nintenbro.
>>
>>380316904
I would be surprised if it had even that many. We went down to 18 for tri and that was the updating the models they already had while this requires a complete remake.
>>
>>380317001
Partying up in MH is already easy mode.
And gearing up is the same thing.
The only way they'd be able to fuck up is if they completely get rid of the MH core mechanics, which is attacking, running and dodging.
>>
>>380316950
A lot of the nips are fucking pissed. MH being on a handheld like 3DS/Switch is very important for the series in Japan. Plus the westernized gameplay is going to be another huge turn off. It's going to flop hard in Japan. I just hope Sony paid enough money for the IP to offset the money loss from sales.
>>
>>380317107
>LBG
>shooting that fast
Do you even play the game
>>
>>380317263
Why not, faggot? Weapons change between versions all the time, why is this suddenly different?
>>
>>380316748
The monsters seem to be much more agile to compensate for the increased player control.
>>
>>380317451
Rapid Heaven, idiot.
>>
File: 1470968930685.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1470968930685.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>380316975
>tfw I loved LP because it reminded me of MH
>years later MHW
It's come full circle baby!
I get hold of the suicidal thoughts for another year.

>mfw MHW has a LP set for the hunter
Just give me that capcom.
>>
File: 1429163300884.png (224KB, 700x876px) Image search: [Google]
1429163300884.png
224KB, 700x876px
>>380316664
>certain monsters have always done that
You're shitposting without having played a single MH game. The only bad thing about this new game is the retarded gaggles of consolewar posters its bringing out of the woodwork.
>>
>>380302007

I don't understand why people are so mad, monster hunter has historically sold like shit in the west due to different tastes, it's not like they are taking default monster hunter away from you, you can still play the "usual" games on 3ds and now switch, why the hostility?

Personally I think monster hunter has kept its formula for too many years and some form of change was due ANYHOW, they are simply jumping all in and focusing more on the world and environmental hazards and exploration and interactions with the fauna instead of the arcade-like hunts, what's so bad about it? It's like the CGI openings of the games we saw for nearly 2 decades except now it's all gameplay, no one loses here.

I simply cannot fathom why monster hunter stories wasn't shat on but THIS is because MUH WESTERN GARBAGE, god forbid them trying to market their franchise to more than the usual 2 autists that buy 3 copies each every 2 years because of their fanatical love.
>>
>>380302007
seemed like they are trying to replicate the monster hunter experience shown in the cg intros, gathering shit, stealth, stalking monsters, using environment, running from monsters, emphasis on setting up traps

this isn't a classic monster hunter experience. they are trying something new, and it will probably fail

I just wanted a real monster hunter on a real console. you've fucked me again, Crapcom
>>
File: 1488951642890.gif (1MB, 199x187px) Image search: [Google]
1488951642890.gif
1MB, 199x187px
So is this a full game or is it some F2P MMO type shit?
>>
>>380317451
>Weapons change between versions all the time
Yeah but not like that.
They usually just make natural changes like new finishers and ammo.
>>
>>380317421

this is your brain on fanboyism. does your ass hurt after pulling out all that shit?
>>
File: 137565_1406439795.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
137565_1406439795.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
I just hope they don't shaft portable MonHun for this since I find it much more comfortable to play than sitting on my PC holding a controller.
>>
>>380317565
Not really. It seemed about the same outside of climbing up ledges and walls more smoothly
>>
>>380316664
>So graphics. What does that add to the game exactly beyond a layer of prettiness?

Soul and atmosphere you fucking autist. I'm sure you wouldn't care as much about any of the games if they were just a textureless wireframe.
>>
>>380317846
Full game but you still have to pay for online on consoles + probably sony dlc

MHO is the f2p mmo
>>
>>380317137
Jesus fucking christ. LEARN TO READ, NIGGA. "Anti-Grind fags" are people who RRREEEE whenever grind exists in any minor form, even if it isn't real, if they SENSE that it exists, they screech. Monster Hunter doesn't have grind because fighting the monsters is fun. Now, let me point out all of the "Anti-grind" fags in this thread right now to prove my point.
>>380306494
>>380309986
>>380310832
>>380311893
>>380313262
>>380314836
>>
>>380317621
>LP2 had Rathalos armor
>MHW will have LP armor

FULL CIRCLE.
>>
File: IMG_1793.jpg (81KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1793.jpg
81KB, 960x540px
Game looks fine. Everyone complaining about the fundamental shifts in gameplay needs to move on. Hopefully we can all agree that the limited combat and environments of previous installments were a technical - not stylistic - choice. Ergo, MHW is likely the type of game the developers have wanted on the market since day 1. Quit complaining and for God's sake go play vanilla Skyrim since new features patronize you so much.
>>
ITT: Nintenbros butthurt about losing "exclusivity"
>>
>>380317629
>You're shitposting without having played a single MH game.
He says after proving my point with his image.
Also larger monsters will also attack smaller ones.

There's a smell of hypocrisy in the air.
>>
>>380318430
>Hopefully we can all agree that the limited combat and environments of previous installments were a technical - not stylistic - choice

Ahahaha ahaha

No anon, didn't you know? Zones are apparently a crucial part of MH.
>>
>>380310435

cross regions servers, japan gonna be on ps4. i'm playing with my japbros
>>
File: 1472941753503.png (156KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1472941753503.png
156KB, 330x319px
>assblasted nintendonglers
>>
File: khezu is the cutest monster.png (155KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
khezu is the cutest monster.png
155KB, 500x375px
>>380309551
I just want MH threads to go back to normal.

My favorite monster is Khezu, Khezu a cute.
>>
>>380318590
Holy fuck I can't wait until they get rid of zones, that shit was annoying.
Still probably will have some transitions though.
>>
Cant believe sonybros are defending and hyping this (jk, i know they love eating shit)

This isnt a MH game. If it wasnt for the iconic bone greatsword and rathalos i woidve thought this was DLC for horizon zero dawn.

Real fans should be worried about this blatant casual pandering

>Open world
>Witcher senses
>Follow the glowy trail
>Casualized gameplay
>No palicoes because westcucks dont like fun stuff
>Fucking machinegunning while moving
>No timers
>>
>>380318590
Zones appear to still be in. Just with most of them having seamless transitions.
>>
>>380318731
Khezu legit freaks me out.
>>
>>380318802
we know that zones are still in they just made a fancier loading screen. Now instead of a quick fade to black we get to spend 10 seconds watching our hunter swim to the next zone.
>>
>>380318213
>are people who RRREEEE whenever grind exists in any minor form, even if it isn't real
>MONSTER HUNTER DOESN'T HAVE GRIND
Fuck off, fanboy. There's no problem with grind, but the monster hunter games are all fucking about it and the newest game in the series seems to be an actual game due to being on a home console and not a shitty little handheld that needs to reward people in 15 minutes for doing a little quest.
>>
>>380317629
A few monsters actually do attack other monsters dude.
The Great Jaggi, Baggi and Wroggi would attack any big monsters in the area if it hasn't seen you yet.
>>
>>380315792

I love Freedom Wars but the hook will either work alongside the rest or completely ruin the game. It won't make the game better.
>>
>>380318564
Smaller monsters dont count unless you REALLY want to argue semantics. Big monsters never fight each other, even if they haven't noticed you. The most you can do is keep one monster between you and the other and hope they get hit by collateral damage. Not even Jho attacks others directly.
>>
>>380317350
Than yeah, I don't see what the big deal is, game will probably die out after the first month. Are you people forgetting that one of the biggest draws of Monster Hunter is the amount of content you get for 40 bucks? Tri is pretty much regarded as the worst MH (not counting 1) because there was so little content available. Flashy setpieces and a "living ecosystem" can only carry you so far.
>>
File: 1449787506893.png (87KB, 810x807px) Image search: [Google]
1449787506893.png
87KB, 810x807px
>DON'T TAKE MONHUN FROM ME NO!!!!!!!!!
>PFFF WHO CARES THEY MADE IT CASUALIZED
>#MAKE MONHUM AUTISTIC AGAIN

Really can't make this up, fucking nintendumbs
>>
>>380319152
They seem bigger.
Zones used to be really constricting, like get thrown out of the arena by a random hit-small.
>>
>>380319012
Nothing wrong with a giant veiny electro-penis wyvern that roars.
>>
>>380318731
Yeah, guess we have to wait out the shitty goldface and wojaks

That being said Khezu is Gigginox's retarded cousin
>>
>>380319379
>pretty much regarded as
why do we have to keep reminding you retards that your circlejerk opinions and delusional fantasies are not representative of anything?
>>
>>380318850
>real fans
Oh what, the pile of shit that Nintendo made of Monhun? Modern MH, is shit thanks to Nintendo babies that need shit like hunter arts to even deal with a monster.
>>
Holy fuck they fucked this game badly

>Iron sights
>perks
>vehicles
>killstreaks
>hp bar for monsters
>pay to win
>monthly fee
>zombies
>Early access

Holy shit Monster Hunter is done
>>
>>380320290
Enjoy your season pass for g-rank hunts.
>>
>>380318850
you know how I know you salty fucks are just mad as fuck

because you keep throwing in >no timers as a legitimate criticism

timers are fucking irrelevant and everybody knows it
>>
>>380319327
>Smaller monsters dont count unless you REALLY want to argue semantics.
That seems to be an arbitrary distinction on monster v monster interaction.
Also this anon is right >>380319250 the Jaggi trio are territorial as fuck.
>Not even Jho attacks others directly.
Come on dude, you're digging your own grave here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPu6YHT277w
Jho kills this Peco before he even sees the hunter.
>>
>>380319152
OH so that's somehow worse? Fuck off
>>
File: 1471635544992.jpg (168KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1471635544992.jpg
168KB, 400x240px
>>380319881
Just ignore them like we ignore the occasional soulsfag.

Giggi can't stop getting fucked by Khezu tho, I was expecting to see Giggi in X/XX but we got Khezu again, I'm fine with it tho, maybe in MH5 we can see them together.
>>
>>380320290
yeah dude the only monsters in the game are the ones in the trailer

also there's only the one zone

dead on arrival
>>
>>380320417
G-rank was removed because it was too hard for gaymers, anon. Did you even watch the monster hunter world conference?

The game is being made by Canadians. Gameplay is like tetris with collectable items and platforming.
>>
>>380302007
Oh fuck off op. We both know you will still buy it
>>
>>380320235
>no offline high-rank
>gutted half the weapons
>swimming is ass
>gutted half the monsters
Name a worse game in the series. Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
MH is a shit franchise with the most autistic fanbase outside of sonic. You faggots deserve everything you get
>>
>>380320634
>Mission with Khezu and Gigginox
>trapped in between dumb fucking electric aura and poison anus
>>
>>380309551
Nargacuga
>>
>no running
>no jumping
>no quests
>no swords
>no online

Seriously what the fuck have they done to my monster hunter?
>>
>>380320839
Apparently we deserve a PC release.
>>
>>380302007
>t. ninten drone
>>
>>380320290
You're also missing the story twist for the new game.

We were the monsters all along!
>>
File: Anjanath.webm (447KB, 940x528px) Image search: [Google]
Anjanath.webm
447KB, 940x528px
>>
File: 1429824933933.jpg (360KB, 891x941px) Image search: [Google]
1429824933933.jpg
360KB, 891x941px
>>380320469
Whatever dude you win this one, I just want to see a jho fight a rathalos to the death, completely ignoring the player, and watch with binoculars.
>>
How do you guys feel about Monster Hunter being a survival horror crafting episodic racing point and click shooter now?
>>
>>380320985
>QTEs up the ass
>black woman protagonist
>hip-hop music

They're pandering to western casuals. MH is dead.
>>
>>380302007
MH is being casualized since years already
>>
>>380321063
Stop it. The gameplay is fucking terrible.
>>
>>380321416
Shhh, let /v/ be retarded.
>>
>>380309551
Deviljho, Rajang, B.Tigrex, Yian Garuga, and Zinogre

Depends on the weapon tho. Like I love fighting Yian Garuga with HH or Bow, and hate not having a CB with G+2 against B.Tigrex.
>>
>>380321482
>implying it wasn't already like this
>>
>>380321063
This hunter has great leg strength
>>
>>380321063
What I don't understand is why did they add a literal t-rex and not even a cool looking one, instead a feathered one that while more scientifically accurate it looks fucking bad.
>>
>>380321063
>draw a monster
>its a rock
>>
>>380319379
t. 4Ubabby
Tri has been outdated ever since 3U hit but it set new, significantly higher standards for hitboxes and general refinement for the series, it's one of the best out of all the "first versions" of each gen. It was a case of quality > quantity, compared to something like X where half the game is autistic gathering quests.
>>
>>380321684
>instead a feathered one that while more scientifically accurate
Oh fuck off
>>
>>380305225
>Where were you when MH was ruined to appeal to casuals? There are no core monster hunter elements left in this game. Fucking arts and gimmick monterss.
>>
File: 1497061112812.png (448KB, 664x394px) Image search: [Google]
1497061112812.png
448KB, 664x394px
>Where were you when MH was ruined to appeal to casuals?

I was playing MH4U when the shitty Cross series was announced, as for worlds I have high hopes for it.
>>
>>380321063
People are complaining about this guy's design but he looks like the kut-ku of the series, just something simple yet intimidating
>>
>>380321416
Well I still account G3 and 140s as very fucking hard for the average player, maybe this game also have a hard endgame we still don't know.
>>
>>380320778
x
xx
4u

I'm not speaking toward balance considerations, and I didn't think swimming was all that bad outside of lagi

I'm speaking purely to design, which is more important than raw number of monsters or weapons
>>
File: 1497331444641.png (22KB, 645x756px) Image search: [Google]
1497331444641.png
22KB, 645x756px
Switch gets a 3ds port
>>
>>380320839
why thank you
I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting mr grumpy gus
>>
>>380322058
My problem with Anjanath is that the scrotum should have been solid horn instead of being an inflatable crest. Makes him stand out more as a monster.
>>
>>380321962
I don't like it anon, I like my dinosaurs as giant fucking lizards of massive power, not birbs.
>>
>>380321362
You probably could if you get lucky
>>
>>380306494
>>380314836
The only truly tedious shit in MonHun is trying to fight a Gravios without anything that has water damage and even that can be countered by just bringing in more hunters
>>
>>380302007
I for one am very excited to see your little dick shrink to microscopic proportions in shame as people with taste dive into this rich and living eco system that Capcom has delivered to us on a golden platter
>>
I can put up with all the bullshit of MH games of the past as long as I can freely control the camera with the right stick I'm sold.
>>
>>380322443
I like it better this way, many birds and theorized dinosaurs have hidden crests so as to not stand out when hunting or being hunted, or for mating purposes

BASED DEVS
>>
>>380322503
Don't forget trying to fight Azure Rathalos which stays up in the air for 10 billion years, although you could bring flash bombs and have some gunners. Soloing it is absolute cancer though.
>>
>>380322443
his inflatable scrotum crest will probably be a weak point, and poppable too. its a solid design.
>>
>>380322904
It's pretty cool that you can latch onto the monster like in DD/SotC now. It will allow you to stab specific weak points.
>>
>>380311676
>no replies
As if it wasn't already obvious people just want to bitch. Thanks for the video.
>>
File: 1497067023154.png (197KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1497067023154.png
197KB, 440x440px
>>380318850
>>Open world
Thats a good thing you retarded piece of shit
>>Witcher senses
We havent even played the game yet, so this can be good, bad, or irrelevant
>>Follow the glowy trail
We dont know how this feature works, you may be able to diasble it if we dont wan that feature, to early to tell
>>Casualized gameplay
>>No palicoes because westcucks dont like fun stuff
>>Fucking machinegunning while moving
Did you watch the extended trailer? Clearly shows the gunner recoils and stops auto Attacking, which clearly shows its a special move for lbg like it always had in rapid fire except now you walk back as you it
>>No timers
We have no idea how this works yet

STOP KNEEJERKING YOU FAGGOTS

SCREENSHOT THIS!!!!
>>
File: 1465541254733.jpg (207KB, 585x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465541254733.jpg
207KB, 585x600px
>>380322854
>tfw LBG main, so I never hate on rathalos.

Except for that fucking retarded hyper silver los that faggot one shots me like if there is no tomorrow.
>>
Literally who wanted and asked for this?
If anything this is going to be a stepping stone for Dragon's Dogma 2 with that engine.
>>
File: 1496911977782.jpg (50KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
1496911977782.jpg
50KB, 400x505px
>>380323371
>open world meme
>good
>>
If the mainline is still coming out why are you guys mad? XX will have the same shit alot of you are crying about and MHW will be something different. The only reason to be mad is that you don't own any of those systems. The salt is unreal here, as in it actually hard to believe people get butt mad over this shit when literally everyone wins
>>
>>380323778
>Literally who wanted and asked for this?
Not the MH fanbase that's for sure.
>>
>>380312284
>gave a point by point critique of why old MH games are trash
>this is now "shitposting"
-/v/ for the past SIX years

Try harder.

>>380318213
Fighting monsters SHOULD be fun, but Monster Hunter's treatment of it ruins it. BECAUSE IT MAKES IT A GRIND.

Other games, like Dark Souls, Shadow of the Colossus, Legend of Zelda, etc make monster hunting FUN by not making them fucking grinds. You explore, you find a monster, you observe it, learned its tricks, then kill it and move on.

MONSTER HUNTER FORCES YOU TO GRIND IN THE WORST WAY POSSIBLE by throwing you into tiny maps with few enemies and zero exploration and making you fight tedious healthsponge enemies with gimmicky attacks. And then they make you go back and kill them 50 times for drops!

Monster Hunter has no story!
Monster Hunter has no open world!
Monster Hunter has shit NPCs and simplistic crafting!
Monster Hunter is basically the alpha for what a GOOD monster-killing game should be.
Fact.

Imagine Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls or Legend of Zelda or Horizon but blended with Ark so you have a world to explore, resources to collect, npcs to meet, things to build, and you naturally encounter MH-style bosses in their native habitat instead of tiny arena maps.

You cannot say that would not be a better game.
>>
File: Dj.gif (495KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
Dj.gif
495KB, 500x376px
>>380317107
>Talking like you have played monster hunter
Its so funny seeing how people are talking talking like they've played MH while defending this shit. fuck off and stop shitposting if you don't know what you are even talking about, we don't need more shitposting fags in mh threads.
>>
>>380323371
>Casualized gameplay
Monster Hunter cross already does this and people hate it, if anything this game looks closer to MH4U
>>No palicoes because westcucks dont like fun stuff
Palicoes are confirmed you diipshit
>>
>>380323883
XX hasn't been announced to get localization.
>>
>>380324083
Good point but this is also Capcom so I'm an idiot for asking in the first place.
Capcom hates money
>>
>>380323829
No more obnoxious loading screens you retard. The game is the same, just with a seamless world. How the fuck is that bad?
>>
File: ZX8nAYU.gif (282KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
ZX8nAYU.gif
282KB, 400x296px
>People cried about felynes
>People cried about day and night cycles
>People cried about swimming
>People cried about mounting
>People cried about hunter arts
>People are now crying about open-world

Same shit different year, played all MH from 1 to XX and I'm looking forward to this way more than XX Switch, XX is just as underwhelming and bloated as MHGen.
>>
File: fuckop.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fuckop.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>380302007
They hardly even showed the combat how do you know it's dumbed down?

>Machine Gun
Oh okay OP apparently isn't big into monster hunter or they would have known the heavy gun has been a thing for a while.

I can beat a dinosaur to death with a pizza cutter but as soon as the heavy gun is has a version that looks more mechanical it all goes to hell.
>>
Look on the bright side: if Capcom kills MH with this, their last cash cow will be dead and they'll finally go under. Good fucking riddance
>>
File: 1495691371774.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
1495691371774.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
>>380302007
Holy fuck, this fanbase is becoming Dragon Quest 2.0 but worse
We didn't even see a full gameplay, calm your weeb tits

>DON'R TOUCH MUH ARCHAIC MECHANICS REEEEEEH
you guys are pathetic
Also it's not even a mainline game. Fuck, X isn't even entirely a mainline MH and most fans agree X was bad to be begin with it so stop pretending it was a good game

I won't be surprised if Capcom already received death threats from insecure faggots like you
>>
>>380324526
HBG never fired bullets that fast, not even in siege mode
>>
>>380314932
>Playing Monster Hunter Tri
>trying to get the sick ass Lagiacrus armor
>one of the things needed has a less than 1% drop rate
>need to break something on him for it to drop
>do the fight a solid 30 or so times
>get bored and drop the game

It's not fun doing the same content 30 or so times, and it never will be.
>>
>>380323778
Capcom want the casual western audience.

At least 60% of MH fans in the west might ignore this game like how they ignored frontier, so it is all up to casuals, burned out MH fans and normalfags to make this work.
>>
>>380324124
>what is rapid shot
>what is rapid fire rain
>hurrr bowgun shouldnt shoot super fast :((
>>
The asshurt is so real.
>>
>>380323883
>The only reason to be mad is that you don't own any of those systems.
Oh I make it a thing to go Sonytendo each gen (although that's going to change next gen to PCtendo given that everything else is just phasing into each other) but the problem is the chance of this taking off.
If this takes off Capcom won't hesitate to abandon the old games meaning that future games will become nothing but casualized trash over traditional Monster Hunter gameplay.
>>
File: 1472474711316.jpg (55KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
1472474711316.jpg
55KB, 800x530px
>stuck with anime bullshit XX spinoffs or cinematic western shit MH world
where did it all go wrong bros??? when will we get a return to grace and go back to the series roots, aka MHFU? MH died the second it left psp.
>>
>>380324526
You can't move and shoot the HBG. Also it doesn't sound like you're very big into MH either.
>>
>>380324526
>yfw there won't be fun weapons like that in Worlds because west is all about mature games for mature players
>>
>>380323829
It's seamless, not open world. There were clear transitions between areas in the form of underwater passages, underbrush, and tight corridors.
>>
>>380325202
Go with XX.
You can at least turn the trash off.
>>
>>380324526
>hurr durrr the rapid fire skill means its okay to change bow guns into generic machine guns now
>>
>>380324746
>Let's keep everything the same
>It's impossible for there to be a new HBG that trades dmg for fire rate
>anything new ruins a series

whew yall are a blast
>>
>>380325202
MH died after it left PS2.
>>
>>380325210
Who even says you can move with it, dumbass? In the trailer you only see him getting knocked back from recoil at most.
>>
I'm still gonna play the fuck out of this shit. And I have friends that I'm sure will too.
>>
>>380324746
In MHXX it does.
>>
>>380309551
Khezu is the best
>>
>>380302007
Nintendo fan here
stop this "it's ok when [blank] does it" bullshit.
Consolewars need to stop.

This is not even a Sony exclusive ontop of all that.
>>
>>380325339
i cant turn off the anime ass monsters or weapons though
>>
I still cant believe they made Monster Hunter into a zombie survival fps.

it's over bros, MH is dead.
>>
>>380325202
Go with World
At least you don't need to use the Ghillie cloak and Hookshot.
>>
>>380324525
Man, fuck felynes. Why people obsess so much about those useless furballs, shakalakas were better, at least they just stuck to dancing and supporting instead of having a seizure all the time.
>>
File: 1466063537331.jpg (60KB, 343x352px) Image search: [Google]
1466063537331.jpg
60KB, 343x352px
>>380302007
Right here.

This game looks nice visually, but it's not the MH I came to love. It's too different.
Shame.

Oh well, classic MH will continue as well so I guess not all hope is lost. Let western casuals and people "who want to play MH but dislike MH" enjoy this.
>>
>>380325423
*PSP
>>
>>380325370
>Doesn't have an argument so he acts like the retard he is
>>
I'm taking a wait and see approach. It's developed by the actual MonHun team, right?
>>
>>380325728
>gameplay centered around the gimmicks
>>
>>380325778
**PS2
>>
File: MHW.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
MHW.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>finally get a monhun on PC
>it's this
Year of the monkey paw.
>>
>>380325913
MH1 was dogshit, what are you on about.
>>
>>380325210
Do I sound like I'm not very big into it because I'm not sperging out like the rest of you?
>>
>>380325778
*3DS
>>
>>380325803
Actual made by canadians using the mh license. The MH creators themselves said it.
>>
>>380318213
>it's not grinding because it's fun
you fucking what
>>
>>380325968
The only that would make this stealth worth it is if you could sneak up on a monster and temporarily knock it out with a kancho. Not like kanchos being added would be any worse than cats or arts
>>
File: 1490811082867.jpg (80KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1490811082867.jpg
80KB, 633x758px
It's over bros.... Monster Hunter is dead... They stole the series from us... now it's over.

Now we have a casualized westernized piece of shit that doesnt even look like mh at all.
>>
Just get over it, the game died with generations
we'll get a good monhun in maybe 5 years or so when people realize the 3ds is a piece of shit and retro gamers collect ps2 "hidden gems"
>>
File: 1486743951782.gif (1MB, 348x261px) Image search: [Google]
1486743951782.gif
1MB, 348x261px
>>380325968
when I saw this shit in the trailer it literally killed all hype I had, fuck this shit man.
>>
>Sonygros complained about how the series was casualized after it left their platforms
>now it's back, more casual than ever
>they lap it up with a shit-eating grin on their faces, claiming the changes are an improvement over the games from the Nintendo platforms
What a shitty way for comfy MH threads to end
>>
File: 1495866904947[1].jpg (126KB, 907x461px) Image search: [Google]
1495866904947[1].jpg
126KB, 907x461px
>A ton of casuals and MH haters congregate in the MH threads to shitpost and falseflag now, while the MH fans just see the shit storm unfold and try to do some actual discussion about the games.
Sometimes I really hate /v/.
>>
>>380326686
A multimillion series for the masses is not casual. Right.
>>
>>380326726
>died with Gens
>everything you don't like can be ignored

>Worlds
>everything you don't like is the priority
>>
>>380311676
thanks friend
>>
>>380325968
seriously, fuck this game
>>
File: 1405213774665.jpg (148KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1405213774665.jpg
148KB, 800x800px
hey at least its not monhun online for the west
>>
>>380326947
I know right?
I mean I get that this is a new multiplat MH but you don't have to shitpost and ignore every glaring flaw it has.
>>
THE GAME IS NOT EVEN A MAINLINE TITLE YOU RETARDS. IT'S MADE BY SOME CANADIANS USING THE MH LICENSE.
>>
>>380326912
>sony posting.....again
this has to be some niche mental disorder

it's multiplat you fucking retards
>>
File: 1485915331614.jpg (19KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485915331614.jpg
19KB, 450x250px
>>380326947
yea MH threads are fucked for life, every mh thread is going to have rampant shitposting, Im probably going to ignore every thread from now on and even move to /vg/ And I haven't even gone on that shithole of a board for years
>>
>>380327476
le citation needed face
the head honcho himself is presenting it
he doesn't do that for non mainline games
>>
Let's see the bright side of it, Frontier won't be the black sheep of the family now.
>>
>>380327016
you cant ignore shit in generations, if you don't use those 2 styles with that one weapon you are minutes behind everything else in dmg output, and who would ignore a dodge that gives you absurd amount of i-frames and even charges your shots and gives free evade up and even gap closers for GS?
>>
>>380327491
It's a multiplat but Xbots and PCfags aren't shitposting about this.
Even worse, any and all criticism is met with a
>BUTTHURT NINTENDRONES FUCK OFF WITH YOUR XX ANIME HAHAHA

And there's only one group that really adheres to this kind of shitposting.
>>
>>380327878
fake. The game is shit sonygro
>>
>>380327869
>this delusional circlejerk
loving every laugh
>>
File: 1481228258420.jpg (63KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1481228258420.jpg
63KB, 722x349px
>>380326947
>tfw every franchise I hold dear are becoming impossible to discuss on /v/

First it was Doom
Then it was Nier/Drakengard
And now it's Monster Hunter
Please let the Ace Combat 7 release be smooth and shitposting free, it's all I have left
>>
>>380327869
/mhg/ is just a bunch of furries posting Narga and Rath porn and no discussion about the games
>>
>>380327918
>if you don't use those 2 styles with that one weapon you are minutes behind everything else in dmg output
Anon, this is a co-operative game not a competitive one.
>>
>>380328252
At least it's about monster hunter. This piece of shit game isnt a real monster hunter at all.
>>
>>380328045
but that's where you're wrong kiddo, and the nintendofags are the shitposters

>fuck off with xx
except that game is total garbage

vg just polled and the highest number is pc fags

get fucked with your fantastical sour grapes flavored pity fest faggot
>>
>>380327869
I wonder how is /mhg/ doing, I might even go to that place again, at lest till the shit storm stops, I rather have monster fuckers and circlejerk than this.
>>
>>380328397
It's literally /v/ 2.0 right now, complete with people who haven't played any of the games.
>>
>>380328250
>Please let the Ace Combat 7 release be smooth and shitposting free, it's all I have left
Is it coming to Sony systems?
>>
File: 1496201875062.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1496201875062.png
1MB, 852x854px
>>380327869
>go in asking for an answer to something i can't find on google
>the 3 guys roleplaying as rathian, rathalos, and a guy they're pooping on stop posting as soon as i post
>wait 5 mins to see if anyone answers
>they come back and keep going
>>
>>380328083
all that new effort, surely it's possible this is just a side effort and can't possibly be the mainline game

right?
>>
>>380328250
I hope AC7 causes a hive of shitposting just to spite you

>>380328393
>This piece of shit game isnt a real monster hunter at all.
Except it is? The animations for attacks are all pretty much the same and the stamina, health, sharpness, and timers are confirmed to be in. The only difference is you won't be looking at triangular models on a 3 inch 240p screen.
>>
>>380328673
Yes PC and Xbox as well, but these threads show that doesn't matter.
>>
>yfw they remove the post-item flexing
>>
>>380328934
I'm so, so sorry anon.
>>
>>380328854
>Shilling this hard
>>
File: 1485969467308.png (55KB, 455x451px) Image search: [Google]
1485969467308.png
55KB, 455x451px
>>380328685
>>380328543
>>380328252
This shit has happened to every game I've liked
>>
File: nerscylla.jpg (439KB, 1024x876px) Image search: [Google]
nerscylla.jpg
439KB, 1024x876px
MH was already ruined on PC and PS4. Just wait for MH 5 on the Switch like the rest of us Japs
>>
So they just announced the game will be narrative driven with a premade voiced character.

What the fuck are they doing to MH? Also you'll only be able to use Greatsword.
>>
>>380328543
>this criticism constantly made
>literally a single person in the thread on either sound sounded knowledgeable about the game
kill yourself cretin
>>
>>380316307
taking out the hunter, it was obvious that the new monster was using the deviljho skeleton, therefore it could be used to tell it was monster hunter
>>
>>380328394
>and the nintendofags are the shitposters
Dude, there are no Nintendofag shitposters. There are people discussing what could go wrong with the game because of the massive red flags but no specific console shitposters.
Well aside from "them" of course

>except that game is total garbage
The problem being that it's garbage only when you play with the arts and styles which are completely optional. A word you can't use with Worlds.
Which is why people are discussing them like this.

>vg just polled and the highest number is pc fags
Okay how is this relevant?
Being a larger group doesn't necessarily mean you're the loudest one of the bunch.

>get fucked with your fantastical sour grapes
"Sour grapes" implies that I both don't have a system to play it on and that I actually WANT to play it. Neither of which is true at the moment.
>>
>>380329515
side*
>>380329395
this is the mainline game
>>
>>380329412
These bold strokes confirm once more that this is a spinoff, and they're saying it's not a spinoff so people won't be turned off.

It's literally "we want the skyrim audience", which is nonsense because Dragon's Dogma was already MH for the west and it bombed hard.
>>
>>380329170
It'll be like Nier, the shitposting will die down in a few weeks, pick up again at launch and then slowly filter out after that
>>
As someone who's never been able to even remotely enjoy Monster Hunter, this one looks like it'll be the first one worth half a shit.
>>
>>380328685
>join an /mhg/ room once
>it's two guys ERP'ing in the game's chat
>they kick me for posting a quest after waiting 5 minutes for them to post one

>>380329053
my bad let me redo that entire post

REEEEE FUCKIGN SONIGERZ RUINIGN MONSTA HUNTREH MONTER HUNSTER IS RUNED NOT REEL MONSTRE HUNTR NOT A REEEL MONTR HUNSR NOOOOOOT A REEEEEEL MONSTRER HUNTTRERE REEEEEEEEEEE WHRE AR THE JAGY 240P CHARCTR MODLZ THAT CAWZ MY EYES 2 BLED WESTERN WESTERN WESTERN
>>
>>380328320
how is having ranks and time attacks not a competitive thing?
and don't you also strive to be as efficient as possible in a game you like?
>>
Sonyfags should stfu. This ain't exclusive, what are you bragging about in the first place? Just because the Switch doesn't get it? The reason could be simply that the Switch it's still recent and that the game was in development before it's release. Plus, there is no excuse not to own a PC these days in the first.

And Nintendofags should stfu too. A lot of people are just making assumptions after a single trailer barely showing anything with the combat system. The game might have less content, but give it a chance. I want to see MH be more renown here in the west and this might be the best approach. I get that a few of you are scared that even after the westernization, it still won't be a success. Just wait and see, and enjoy the game once it's out.

Constant worthless shitposting, I swear...
>>
>>380329412
Nice bait, 14 weapons have already been confirmed
>>
>>380328543
>Enter thread
>First thing I see is the word VORE
>Second thing I see is trigrex doing some vore to velocidrome
Oh boy the are really the exact same as I remember them.
>>
File: 1430357248290.jpg (15KB, 344x352px) Image search: [Google]
1430357248290.jpg
15KB, 344x352px
>removed hunter health bar in favor of regenerating health
>removed stamina bar too
>removed map in favor of cinematic bugvision flares
>no more item management
>monsters now fight each other so eating for gamechanger is easy mode now
>crouch is now busted and lets frenchies hide
>genre is now survival horror
this game is fucked
>>
File: 1495892511719.png (639KB, 735x984px) Image search: [Google]
1495892511719.png
639KB, 735x984px
>>380325803
It's literally made by original MH team (MH1,2, Tri, 4) and it was confirmed by a Capcom employeer that is a mainline game. Fuck, even JP website says it's a mainline game

We already knew X/XX was made by a secondary team so I'm not surprised (same guys who made Portable games)

So yeah, this guys is faggot >>380326229
>>
>>380330048
>crouch is now busted and lets frenchies hide
>they still triple cart 20 seconds into every hunt
>>
>>380324090
You speak truth
>>
>>380316307
Nigga get real. How many games are there with fucking gigantic sword made out of dinosaur bits? Where you hunt after a monster? Like come on dude.
>>
>>380310435
I might get both PS4 and PC since I have friends I'd like to play with on PS4. Otherwise, I'd just stick to PC.
>>
>>380329857
Depends on the game but in this case it's far more efficient to rely on traditional play rather than arts and styles especially seeing as certain arts have a wind up that requires the monster to be still for it to go off uninterrupted.
>>
>>380329683
>no nintendofags
lol
>it's garbage only because of the arts and styles
no, it's garbage even without those
>optional
retarded comment on a multiplayer game
>how is this relevant
theres no evidence it's sonyfags and plenty of evidence it's anybody-but-nintendo fags, because you're immensely dislikes. I'm a pcfag and I find the whole situation amazing and fucking hilarious
>doesn't apply to me
it sure as fuck applies to the vast majority of the crying shitters who have only played on nintendo consoles and have no clue what the monster hunter vision is because they have only experienced the increasing bullshit with each game
>>
File: variable-combos-mobile[1].jpg (87KB, 850x560px) Image search: [Google]
variable-combos-mobile[1].jpg
87KB, 850x560px
Whether you like the look of the game or not, at least we can appreciate that being multiplatform has now put the Dauntless developers on suicide watch.
>>
File: Chinman.jpg (27KB, 216x311px) Image search: [Google]
Chinman.jpg
27KB, 216x311px
>>380330137
That just means the B-team is now the A-team. Remember that the B-team's games sell better.

"Mainline" gets to make shitty western casual trash while the guys who made Freedom Unite, 3U and 4U make Mh 5. Excellent.
>>
>>380302007
You probably started with tri or later so your opinion doesn't matter. I started with mh1 and my big dick opinion is to wait for combat footage.
>>
>>380310435
PC for mods

PS4 for online since PC playerbase will be dead after a week
>>
>>380330407
>three negroes and a dyke

I hope their shit burns in hell.
>>
>>380302007
The game has lockon. Do you still buy it?
>>
>>380330407
Now that MH is on PS4 I hope it kills this no name Dauntless garbage and causes Toukiden and God Eater to actually fucking put some effort into their next entries.
>>
File: monhunfags.jpg (2MB, 2152x3822px) Image search: [Google]
monhunfags.jpg
2MB, 2152x3822px
>/v/ are literally lying
>>
>>380330638
MH already has lock on
>>
It sucks that MH is dead WW with this game.

Hopefully they can at least salvage the HD monster assets for MH5 in 3 years.
>>
>>380331080
>some literally who hipster nu-male cuck sjw libtard faggot on twitter

wtf I love MonHun World now
>>
Oh, since it's on PC I can just pirate this instead of supporting this shit move.
>>
>>380331080
Is that one of the canadians making this game? It's not even a legit mh game.
>>
>>380330376
>lol
Believe it or not this is the Monster Hunter fanbase that's complaining. And it's a reasonable complaint given what Capcom has been doing as of late.
Street Fighter V and MvC ring a bell?

>no, it's garbage even without those
Without those it's just regular Monster Hunter. You know, it seems kind of, unreasonable, to see someone who didn't like the gameplay of Monster Hunter actually WANT Monster Hunter.

>retarded comment on a multiplayer game
That you can happily solo or find a group of like minded people who also don't like to use them. Shouldn't be too hard to do here.

>theres no evidence it's sonyfags
Here's one.
>and plenty of evidence it's anybody-but-nintendo fags
Such as?
>I'm a pcfag and I find the whole situation amazing and fucking hilarious
And here's two.

>it sure as fuck applies to the vast majority of the crying shitters who have only played on nintendo consoles
You mean the Monster Hunter fanbase that goes with the game?
You know that Monster Hunter has been on both Nintendo and Sony systems right? It's that group that is unhappy with Worlds being a multiplat doesn't doesn't make it exempt from criticism
> and have no clue what the monster hunter vision is
What now?
You might want to pay attention to the reply chain here.
>>
>>380331397
You guys said the same shit about the dev being the big names and then it was on the capcom website like 30 minutes later.

Look I had a shitfit when I saw mounting and while I still think it's a shitty mechanic 4u ended up being pretty great.
>>
>>380330253
adept bow heavily relies on dodge charges and its THE most succesful way of playing the weapon
dual blades also rely in styles (aerial and adept) to be good
The only weapon that doesn't give a fuck about styles is GS
>>
>>380302007
fuck anyone who says this isnt MH, literally all old MH elements confirmed in open world seamless area transition, go fuck right off. This is The best news any true MH fan could ever want
>>
>>380331080
>That avatar
Opinions discarded.
>>
>>380331397
>>380331594
>>380331751
He works at Capcom UK.
>>
>>380331834
again opinion discarded because that means he's a hipster nu-male cuck sjw libtard faggot leftist
>>
>>380331834
>Capcom UK

Literally who? Unless the chink who makes the games confirms it it means fuck all.
>>
File: 1497317434067.jpg (312KB, 648x615px) Image search: [Google]
1497317434067.jpg
312KB, 648x615px
>>380302007
>>
>>380330417
>3U and 4U
That's A Team for you

you can't stop pretending X was a good game anytime soon
funny you posted a Megaman pic since many guys from B team comes from thw disbanded team who were charge of the godawful Megaman X remake for PSP too. Also some X/XX worked in DMC2 and RE Outbreak
>>
>>380314095
this.
>>
>>380331685
>The only weapon that doesn't give a fuck about styles is GS
And every other one you both listed and didn't.
Also you should learn efficient means.
>>
File: 1494341404172.png (100KB, 274x279px) Image search: [Google]
1494341404172.png
100KB, 274x279px
>>380331990
>>380331982
>N-No it doesn't matter if people that work for Capcom tell me it's still got basic MonHun shit that I'm screaming about being removed, because I say it's removed based on a 2 minute TRAILER THAT HAD NO GAMEPLAY

Holy shit you 3DS guys are PATHETIC.
>>
>>380332303
Shut up you fucking sonyger
>>
>>380332303
The monhun fanbase has been pathetic since the beginning. That's how you know that they're the ones complaining.

Not that it's completely unwarranted.
>>
>>380332430
I'm not a Sonybro, how fucking DARE you.
>>
>>380332430
Not him but I started the series on ps2 and I bought a 3ds to follow it. The 3ds games were some of the best but the 3ds itself was the worst way to play monhun that I ever experienced.
>>
File: 1449714580284.jpg (98KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1449714580284.jpg
98KB, 808x805px
>>380332430

YOU TELL HIM BRO

ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>380332303
All Monster Hunter threads are basically this now, as if we're supposed to trust some anon online over an employee or something
>>
>>380332634
>Not that it's completely unwarranted.
It is, though?
You know NOTHING about this game, and are complaining about things that aren't confirmed, while ALSO complaining about shit that has been confirmed to be not true.
You don't give a shit about MonHun. You give a shit about having an excuse to fucking whine.
>>
>>380316856
Nah, we know 100% that X and XX are making the game more casual. People are just assuming that MHW is becoming more casual.
>>
>>380332153
In truth there is no A team or B team, they cycle employees whenever necessary. But this is too complex for /v/ to comprehend.

I think it's easier to just take a step back and observe this entire situation in its most basic form.

No 5 in the title? Not MH 5!

Not portable? There will be a portable MH in the future!

Tailored towards western audiences? There will be a traditional MH for the japanese in the future!

I rest my case.
>>
It still blows my mind how some people draw so many conclusions about how this new MH game is from a trailer that had almost no gameplay of the combat at all.
>>
File: 1496052515197.jpg (261KB, 700x444px) Image search: [Google]
1496052515197.jpg
261KB, 700x444px
MH was ruined to appeal to casuals after FU anyway.
>>
>>380332153
Forgot to said X/XX director was also part of the DMC2 and RE Outbreak team

So basically B-Team is a leftovers from shitty old Capcom teams
>>
>>380318731
Cuteposters ruined MH threads.
>>
File: isabelle dark dreams.png (157KB, 614x615px) Image search: [Google]
isabelle dark dreams.png
157KB, 614x615px
>>380302007
I said it last night, I'll say it again. Sorry you have to endure this monhunfags, but that's capcom for you. It was a definitely eventuality that it'd be casualized for the lowest common denominator, because core audience isn't enough for Capcom.

It's just another victim in a long list butchered for money. I mean, I hate the games and I can see how its been changed through what they've shown. Only marketers and retards can be this blind to say its not been explicitly dumbed down for casual babbys feelings.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>380309551
It's Tigrex for me!
>>
>>380332970
Most monhun trailers are pretty fucking bad as well. I almost didn't give 4u a shot after the entire trailer was climbing shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8

Does this look familiar? It's basically an even worse version of the new trailer.
>>
>>380321684
This nigga has wings(or fans), breaths fire and a stupid nose.
Its just a Jaggi without the frill.
>>
>>380302734
As a ninteno fan, damn I'm jelly. Shit looks great.
>>
>>380332851
>You know NOTHING about this game
That would imply that both trailers showed us NOTHING about "this game".
But that's not the case is it?

We know how you're nigh invisible from monsters when under cover or using camo seeing as hiding under a bush took all aggro away from smaller mobs and using some camo made you undetectable by large monsters when previously that distance would have you it spot you even in smoke.
Then there's the vines and such where the monster can trap itself.
Mounting only requires one hit to do again.
The grapple can work on monsters.

There's a lot you can take from the trailers believe it or not.
>>
>>380333138
I even miss the days of fighting over which weapon is the best.

It's Hammer BTW
>>
>>380333226
I said it last night, I'll say it again. You're fucking retarded, gas yourself.

You know NOTHING about this game. I love these games and i can't anything bad about it so far.

Did you fags forget that the MH4 trailer is LITERALLY JUST SOME FAG RUNNING AND ROCK-CLIMBING?
>>
>>380318430
bait lol
>>
>>380332970
welcome to /v/
>>
>>380333752
But none of that is the combat and honestly the combat is 95% of what makes monhun good. If the combat is decent I'll buy it and ignore all that stealth garbage and run those fucking mons down.
>>
>>380303904
>>380304642
>>380304643
>>380305225
>>380317323
He's right.

>>380302734
MH doesn't have combat. The controls/camera are exactly the same whether a monster is nearby or not. And we can see that the monster is a fucking joke.
>>
>>380333752
>Mounting only requires one hit to do again.
It looks more like mounting works like in Dragon's Dogma instead of mash X to trip the monster.
>>
File: 1497078452409.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1497078452409.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>380332975
Fact, but they did it in the right way with p3rd, tri, 3u, and mh4u, which where all very enjoyable in their on way. Cross and Double cross are shit though and should be shunned into obscurity.
>>
>>380302007
>Where were you when MH was ruined to appeal to casuals?
Silly anon, MH was always directed at casuals.
>>
Quick question.

What evidence do we have it has been ruined and made casual?

Obviously aside from the "we seen a grappling hook and a machine gun in that single existent 2 minute video"

For all you know the machine gun might be a new ability of certain bowguns, and the grappling might be needed because you can't hide behind your loading zones.
>>
>>380334158
Nah gen was pretty fun. If I can accept mounting I can accept optional styles. I honestly feel that mounting was a worse addition than styles were.
>>
>>380302007
>But if course it's ok when Sony does it!!
But the game is made by capcom and is multiplat
I don't understand what you mean by this sentence.
>>
>>380334230
>What evidence do we have it has been ruined and made casual?
The fact that it's not on a real console like the 3DS or the Switch you fucking sonyger.
>>
>>380334230
My ass told me.
>>
>>380334073
Mounting in XX was nerfed so hard that it can take 4-6 hits to do it the first time, around 20 for the second.

>>380334230
Name a game in the past 10 years that was westernized and made harder instead of easier.
>>
>>380321482
Retard. You lost.
>>
>>380334416

>Sonyger

Quite a leap there sunshine
>>
File: Untitled.png (40KB, 588x356px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
40KB, 588x356px
Monster Hunter World is the next main MH game, and is made by the core team (people who made MH1, MH2, MH3, MH4)
>>
File: 1497076905559.jpg (122KB, 540x586px) Image search: [Google]
1497076905559.jpg
122KB, 540x586px
>>380333835
Seriously this, all these monhun posers need to fuck off.
>>
>>380334230
All they're basing their decisions off of is the glowy fairy shit, which admittedly is gay as fuck, and the machine gun.
>>
>>380334027
>But none of that is the combat
Hold on a moment, why are you defaulting to the combat as if these aren't major elements of the game?
>If the combat is decent I'll buy it and ignore all that stealth garbage and run those fucking mons down.
The problem with that being that the monster itself can trigger some of the environmental traps and such and we see that several times with the water and the vines that capture it.
I suppose you could stick to the arena if it's in the game but then we don't know if the same rules apply.

>>380334073
I've never played Dragon's Dogma but I'll take your word for it until I check it out
How would you rate it on a scale of one to ten?
>>
>>380302007
Looks like Dragons Dogma

I like it
>>
>>380334516
Why should I believe a random tweet by some shitskin?
>>
>>380334230
Both the the trailers, duh.
The nip trailer in particular goes into more detail about the major changes to the game.
>>
>>380334641
>random tweet

Come on guy...

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2017/06/12/e3-2017-announcing-monster-hunter-world-releasing-globally-early-2018
>>
>>380332430
>>380331982
>>380331990
Pathetic.
>>
>>380302007
>to appeal to casuals?

This looks more intensive than regular MonHun, where does this casual narrative keep coming from? It's by the main team as well.
>>
>>380302007

You went so contrarian that you became full retard. Tell one thing in this trailer that was "lol ripped off cod".
Just because he put a cape of leaves doesn't make it cod.

I for one am glad there is now actual hunting instead of:
>Spawn in map
>b line towards the monster's usual spawn point
>hit it until it dies
>>
File: 1494776355882-1.jpg (159KB, 1000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1494776355882-1.jpg
159KB, 1000x1800px
>MH crew inspiration from PSO
>PSO combat was initially slow, clunky, overall shit
>Time passes on PSU and PSU Portable games for
>The former is still as clunky as it's predecessor but I proved on some despite the game still being shit due to Sega being Sega
>The latter made made improvements to the combat system dodges, more streamlined resources, wand overall made combat faster
>MH throughout it's iteration s added and I proved upon things as well X and XX
>Somehow PSO completely has a gameplay change Ala: PSO2
>PSO officially has a better an faster combat system than monhun
FULL FUCKING CIRCLE
>>
>>380334602
>How would you rate it on a scale of one to ten?
You mean the game itself or the mounting?
I didn't finish the game and it's been a long time so I can't really rate it but mounting a cyclops and stabbing it in the eye for massive damage was satisfying as fuck. I hope we get to do the same shit in MHW.
>>
>>380334641
He works at Capcom.

"Monster Hunter guru at Capcom USA, word play and coffee lover, among other random things. Patience is a virtue."

>>380334602
Dragons Dogma on console is 8/10, downgraded to 5/10 because it runs like hot assholes.
DD on PC is 8/10.
>>
>>380334864

He's complaining that gather points get highlighted.
>>
>>380334230
The japanese trailer shows greatly simplified combat mechanics. Notably the grappling hook which looks straight out of Frontier.

>>380334525
>Saw the grappling hook
>Supports this game while calling others posers

Your first game was 3U and don't even try to refute it.
>>
>>380334815
I have not seen that, link to said video please?
>>
>>380334641
Read capcoms website. You're not interested in facts though you just want to shitpost so as I'm typing this I'm becoming aware that I'm wasting my time.

>>380334602
I'm defaulting to the combat because the combat is monhun. A monster getting caught in vines won't be any more annoying than a french fuck spamming mount on it to be honest. I'll repeat myself, if the combat is good I'll buy the game, end of story.
>>
>>380334516
C O N F I R M E D
>>
>>380335004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=HllNN-i2KEU
>>
>>380335000
>Not liking grappling hooks.
>>
So you guys realize the hook can only be used in certain parts, right? There's like an orb where you can shoot to grab.
>>
>>380334230

Originals had fairly simplified mechanics.

Again, grappling hook is probably necessary now you cannot run out the zone to get safe and heal.
>>
>A-team confirmed to be working on it
>Grappling hook has limited uses and only works on monsters and specific surfaces
>not open-world, just seamless transitions
>all 14 weapons
>jap TA runners and western TA runners like Makachi, kyukei, and Efenbaum excited for it
>Japs in general are loving it
>but absolute shitters on /v/ who started with Tri are shitting on it

We won.
>>
>>380335326
A-Team has been downgraded after the B-team proved themselves with X and XX.
>>
File: full.jpg (64KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
64KB, 400x240px
Yea I'd rather play this on the switch :^)
>>
>>380335102

So we have seen very little combat (don't see him draw that sword at all)
>>
WATCH THE JAPANESE TRAILER YOU FUCKING IMBECILE KEKS

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU FAGGOTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
>>
>>380335102
You do know this is the same footage from the e3 trailer just arranged differently right?
>>
>>380333138
Only on /mhg/ because it leads to monster fuckers.
>>
It's a fucking spinoff

If it wasn't a spinoff it wouldn't be called "Monster Hunter: Subtitle"

Generations is a spinoff
Frontier is a spinoff
Online is a spinoff
World is a spinoff

This game is on 2 different systems I own and it looks like fucking Horizon Zero Dawn, lowest common denominator garbage

Christ you fucking fappening spillover newfaggots make /v/ worthless
>>
>>380335326
It's not just /v/, it's also /vg/ and a good amount to of western players too I've noticed
>>
>>380335475
>proved themselves with X and XX
Yeah, proved how good they were at casualizing a franchise.
>>
>>380335672
What am I supposed to see there? same shit.
>>
>>380330581
with the amount of people going through the hassle of trying to play monster hunter online from outside of china, i say the pc playerbase will be just fine
>>
>>380335672
absolutely nothing new was shown here. It's the same trailer as US just the clips are arranged differently. try harder
>>
It basically looks like Lost Planet with Monster Hunter.

Not excited.
>>
>>380334516
Would rather wait for MH5 than support this hot garbage.
>>
>>380335672
>It's literally just the English trailer with 10 seconds of more "Staring at the monster".

>>380335758
>It's a spin-off!
Capcom said it isn't.
>>
>>380335326
>who started with Tri
What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

I started with Generations and even I can tell that it looks NOTHING like Monster Hunter. What's next, decapitating monsters and splitting them in half with your sword?
>>
>>380335000
The grappling hook made me less mad than mounting did. I think mounting taught me to accept change. I'm a genwunner who used to say everything post FU is awful, but whatever the new games are still fun and the old ones will always be there. Not him by the way.
>>
>>380335514
He uses it several times for aerial attacks and mounting but that's the most of things as far as direct combat goes at least.
What most people are talking about is the indirect combat grappling hook, natural traps, stealth and new mounting capabilities and how they're most likely going to be spammed like no tomorrow in online.
>>
>>380335758
g-guys it's a s-spin-off! please play the true 3ds port on switch!

>>380334516
>>
>>380335758
In Japan is called Monster Hunter 5
>>
Can't wait for Japan to reject this game and they run right back to making traditional portable games on switch
>>
File: 1412267215534.jpg (41KB, 600x501px) Image search: [Google]
1412267215534.jpg
41KB, 600x501px
>>380335758
See: >>380334516
>>
ITT: More people are going to like a game I thought was obscure and I hate it now.
>>
>>380335969
>What's next, decapitating monsters and splitting them in half with your sword?
>splitting them in half with your sword?
this is how braindead anti-worldfags are
>>
>>380335049
>A monster getting caught in vines won't be any more annoying than a french fuck spamming mount on it to be honest.
You can't really compare these two things you know. One is similar to traps being set permanently on the map, the other being a move that decreases with each successful mounting attempt that often gets players killed.
>>
File: trre.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
trre.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>CLIMBING IS GOING TO RUIN THE SERIES
>YOU CAN MOUNT MONSTERS NOW HOLY SHIT MONSTER HUNTER IS DEAD WHAT IS THIS CALL OF DUTY BABBY SHIT?
>WOW THE GRAPPLING HOOK IS RUINING THE SERIES FUCKING CASUAL HORIZON ZERO DAWN BABBY STUFF

Haven't heard all this stuff before guys.
>>
>>380335969
>decapitating monsters and splitting them in half with your sword

You could do that since forever. Did you even play the games? I remember splitting giaprey in two since MH2
>>
File: 1398359009014.jpg (94KB, 501x580px) Image search: [Google]
1398359009014.jpg
94KB, 501x580px
>>380335672
OH SHIT
SWIMMING IS BACK
THAT MEANS LAGIACRUS IS BACK, RIGHT?
>>
>>380335961
>>380336035
>>380336110
Wow imagine that, a bunch of nu-/v/ shitposters see a pile of shit, and a fucking ad-executive telling them it's not, and they believe it

You cunts are cancer
>>
>>380336247
Alright, then it's no less annoying than the guy that spams traps and turns a fun game of back and forth into wail on the trapped monster.

Again the way the core combat works will be the determining factor for me, not ancillary mechanics. Also I read there will be no underwater combat which is good because I hated that shit.
>>
>>380335969
>splitting them in half with your sword?
So these are the obnoxious faggots complaining about MH being "westernized". Pathetic.
>>
>>380336419

Even before that

>WOW ARMORS HAVE SEVERAL SKILL POINTS NOW, INSTEAD OF ONE BONUS FOR FULL ARMOR? FUCKING RUINED
>WOW LONGSWORDS RUINED THE GAME GUYS, LITERALLY BABY MODE
>SWITCH AXE LOOKS OP AS FUCK, GAME RUINED
>ALL GAMES ARE GOING TO HAVE SWIMMING FROM NOW ON, THAT'S IT, MONSTER HUNTER IS DONE
>CHARGE BLADE AND BUGSTICK LITERALLY RUINED MONSTER HUNTER
>ARTS AND STYLES, THIS IS TRULY THE END OF MONSTER HUNTER
>>
>>380336547
Fuck returning monsters, this is the start of a new generation. Brand new monsters should be shown only, Rath gets a pass for being the OG just as long as they make his fight less shit.
>>
File: faf.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
faf.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>380336584

facts aren't real guys
>>
File: 1435164392387.png (617KB, 693x715px) Image search: [Google]
1435164392387.png
617KB, 693x715px
>>380336584

Keep trying. Unlike everyone else in your life I believe in your success.
>>
>>380336547
Underwater combat is not in the game according to one of the western people at capcom.
>>
Is Sony developing this or something?
>>
>>380336419
>>380336928

100% all of this
>>
>>380336419
Except all those changes did ruin the series and every MH since Freedom Unite has been worse than the previous

Nobody in this thread gives a shit about that though, E3 is just an excuse to make /v/ unusable for a solid week
>>
>>380309551
Nargacuga is the best
>>
>>380336610
>then it's no less annoying than the guy that spams traps
Traps also require combining and if you're going to take that route you're going to you'll need the books to take up slots too or you're going to get a lot of garbage.
Also you as the player have to set the traps yourself and effectiveness lowers with each use but on that last part we have no idea if environmental traps decrease in such a way.

>Also I read there will be no underwater combat
I keep on hearing that it's in and out so I wouldn't listen to /v/ at the moment.
>>
File: IMG_0350.jpg (103KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0350.jpg
103KB, 600x338px
As soon as I see this fucker I'm buying
>>
>>380337017
>>380337032
Got any more hot fucking memes you literal middle-schoolers
>>
File: psychoserum.png (6KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
psychoserum.png
6KB, 320x320px
oh no, not auto monster tracking
>>
File: 1496127579879.jpg (52KB, 1021x763px) Image search: [Google]
1496127579879.jpg
52KB, 1021x763px
>>380336928
People also complained about day and night cycles in MHDos because it would lock you out of main quests, since then they got rid of that mechanic. I'm glad their bringing back seamless day and night cycles now.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>380337193
Boy jeez I can't believe I wasted 500+ hours on this ruined series in Monster 4U and Generations. Thanks for showing me the light anon had no Idea the series was ruined.
>>
File: 1414628520170.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1414628520170.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>380337428
A fresh one for you, senpai.
>>
>>380337193
>Every MH since FU
another it fucking hasn't, the only one I'll concede that that cross series was garbage but everything those piles of shit were alright
>>
>>380302007
Your opinion is based on no facts you raging autist. Look at the first trailer of mh4, its the same shit.
>>
>>380337249
Someone who works at capcom said it's out, and their word means more to me than random shitposters. And again my point is that all of that shit is a minor influence on the fight. Most of it still comes down to hitting and not getting hit and that is the meat of monhun and what I enjoy about it.
>>
>>380337249
>we have no idea if environmental traps decrease in such a way
I hope they've thought about this and made the spawning of environmental traps random so players can't just rely on their presence without scouting them out first. They could easily be overpowered if done poorly.
>>
>>380337531
>since then they got rid of that mechanic
Day and night was in Tri anon.
>>
I'm fine with it. Maybe now we'll get Dragon's Dogma 2.
>>
>>380337423
>being a furfag
>>
Yea grappling hook is gonna ruin the series just like mounting did.
>>
>>380337805
no sorcerer magic tho
>>
>>380337571
Nobody is responsible for your own wasted life but you
>>
>>380337694
>And again my point is that all of that shit is a minor influence on the fight.
About as minor an influence as a guy spamming traps. Remember monsters can in fact get trapped all by themselves this anon also raises a good point>>380337724
If it's not random or at least hard to come across it can quickly become Traps: The game.
>>
>>380337948
and day/night cycles, and swimming, and charms, and the insect glaive, and the charge blade, and the switch axe, and arts
>>
>>380338146
I'm sorry that you can't enjoy video games anymore. Sucks to suck I guess.
>>
>>380338234
Charms really do need to fucking go, they make end game cancer.
>>
>>380334457
realistically the game will be cross regional, so how would the game be made easier if both japan and other countries will be playing on the same servers?
>>
>>380338178
Yeah I mean it's possible. But if I did enjoy the combat and the traps were that strong I would just not use them. I had no problem with styles because I just used the one I found most fun instead of the "meta" one.
Thread posts: 522
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.