[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skull & Bones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

> Figuring out ways to improve your firepower is one of the many undertakings you’ll find in the open-world sandbox of Skull & Bones, an area which will present both PvE and PvP opportunities for enterprising pirates.

>In addition to the threat of rival pirates, the powerful empires and corporations that you prey upon won’t roll over without a fight, and there will be battles that you won’t stand a chance in if you don’t have some friends. Teaming up with other players and forming guilds allows you to pool resources to target big scores, but this too can be a risky proposition. There will be ways to betray your allies in Skull & Bones (this is a pirate game, after all), but the benefits of sailing in in a fleet of complimentary ships will likely outweigh the risks.

Do you think it has potential, or will they just use Black Flag's popularity as a milk cow and not commit to making it great?
>>
File: 7865921304.jpg (113KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
7865921304.jpg
113KB, 500x689px
>>380279505
I don't know, will there be haki and devil fruits?
>>
>pirate game
>you're just a fucking ship
>>
File: askyourmom.png (208KB, 410x453px) Image search: [Google]
askyourmom.png
208KB, 410x453px
My interest flatlined when I saw that boarding enemy ships is just a random draw of whether or not your crew takes over it rather than fighting them head on
They nailed the sea battle aspect but if that's all there is, I don't want it
>>
I figured I'd pass when it turned out it was a multiplayer arena game.
>>
>>380280382
No this is a pirate game, not Naruto+ships
>>
Sea of Thieves has some variety to it. Ship v Ship combat is only fun for so long and right now Skull and Bones just seems to be a nicer looking Blackwake.
>>
>>380280853

This.

The fuck is the point of boarding if you don't meet the enemy captain in the middle of all the smoke and lock swords.
>>
File: Edward Kenway.jpg (35KB, 350x333px) Image search: [Google]
Edward Kenway.jpg
35KB, 350x333px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A72NoMuQst0

It's literally Assassin's Creed: Black Flag's engine with new assets and ship combat gameplay features. Yet none of the things that make Assassin's Creed fun.
>>
>>380281703
Yeah, making it controlling ships only was a mistake. I want to search for treasure and get drunk in Nassau and shit. Just no fucking tailing missions or crappy secret history story.
>>
>we took Black Flag, removed 90% of the game and made it multiplayer
>>
>>380279505
>you won’t stand a chance in if you don’t have some friends
Instantly lost all interest.
>>
When I first heard about this game I thought "Holy shit I've always wanted a non MMO, pirate, open world game, similar to Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen but more fleshed out and with better combat." Then this happened, fuck my dreams. Hey at least I found out it was gonna suck before release unlike No Mans Lie
>>
>>380281062
But blackwake actually has some depth in relying on a crew of real players and managing resources. This is a shallow ship combat game in comparison
>>
>>380279505
Sid Meier's Pirates Remake Remake when? 2004 had a good premise but I'd like to see some improvements and more depth
>>
File: ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg (181KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg
181KB, 1200x630px
>>380279505
>Hey look at all the retards we tricked into getting this turd. Lets do it again!
>>
2 questions, can I blackbeard the shit out of my ship by doubling its cannons and can I get a galleon? I want something with 80 guns.
>>
>>380279505
NO ACTUAL BOARDING
WHO FUCKING CARES
SHIT GAME
>>
>>380279505
>boarding is a cutscene
so close yet so far
>>
>>380283768
Pretty much
>>
File: 1270692620356.png (9KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
1270692620356.png
9KB, 344x341px
>2017
>retards STILL hype up and buy ubishit games
I don't even know anymore.
>>
>>380285438
It really is a problem isnt it?
>>
>>380284017
In the main game mode, probably I guess.
The other game modes lock you into a specific type of ship, like the PvP one they showed was either Frigate, Brigantine or Sloop-O'-War.
>>
would play - if it was singleplayer.

But fuck that forced multiplayer shit.
>>
File: Laughing.jpg (28KB, 394x403px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing.jpg
28KB, 394x403px
>>380285438
Won't work this time.

>S-sir! E3 game pre-orders are down 100%. What were we missing? What went wrong?
>>
>>380281782
>Yet none of the things that make Assassin's Creed fun.
What exactly did he mean by this?
>>
>>380286569
If only. You know it will still sell well. Fuck everything.
>>
Why did (((they))) name it after the shadowy group?
>>
>>380286752
He meant BOARDING.
>>
>>380280740
this jesus fuck

all they had to do was let you copy ass creed combat i didn't even expect the swordfighting and treasure island exploran' to be good, simply for it to exist.
>>
I will never understand how a company can be so out of touch with its demographic. Like holy shit, yes, the fact we wanted a pirate game had solely to do with ships and nothing with pirates. Those shanty's sure are immersive as I capture the flag, and press X to watch a 2sec boarding cutscene, in for honor mp.....Fucking retards. Now we will NEVER get a proper pirate game. FUCK my life.
>>
>>380281782
>all the things that make Assassin's creed fun
>in a game based on the only thing that made that partucular Assassin's Creed fun.

Bait, but still man. Try harder.
>>
Will only give a shit if i can run trade routes in a sloop while nimbly avoiding pirate groups trying to steal my plunder.
>>
You won't even be able to create your own pirate. You choose from a set few just like For Honor.
>>
File: 1495678898047.png (766KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1495678898047.png
766KB, 843x1034px
>>380279505
So, am I seeing this right? It's a pirate game like black flag, except multiplayer only and you only pilot the ship instead of walking around and exploring / fighting like in asscreed?

Who the FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?
>>
>>380281782
THE DEVIL DICK
>>
>>380288485
>implying it wont just be 5v5 matchmaking with unbalanced gameplay and shit servers they wont fix for years if ever
>>
>>380283768
For Honor looked legitimately good. This looks shit right from the second they showed you're just a fucking ship.
>>
>>380279505
I pretty much lost all interest when I realized you can't leave your ship or board enemy ships and there's no single player story

Really what the fuck is up with this always online bullshit in everything nowadays
>>
>>380281023
One Piece is older than Naruto.
>>
>>380286924
I honestly doubt it will. Not even the normies can save this one.
>>
>>380279505
traces and projectile speed seem fucked up
And I am also not sure if boarding is RNG shit or you actually fight, hard to tell
>>
>>380279505
Did they confirm there's single player on it? Thought they said it's multiplayer only.
>>
>>380289998
and not nearly as culturally significant
>>
>>380290919
I think they're going for the Destiny formula. You can do some stuff single player but most stufff is multiplayer.

-Shared open world = Explroration and Story Missions but can encounter other players
-Disputed Waters = Crucible PvP
-Hunting Grounds = Co-Op Strikes and Raids
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WknfCyQObjk
>>
>>380291349
Hahahaha.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.