[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter World is not a spin-off R.I.P Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: Monster hunter world.png (13KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
Monster hunter world.png
13KB, 500x252px
Monster Hunter World is not a spin-off

R.I.P Nintendo
>>
>>380278297
>open world

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
>>
>western PR guy who would say anything to sell the game
what a trustworthy source
>>
Gee thanks for posting this twitter screenshot for the hundred thousandth time, definitely providing some new smokin' insider info here
>>
>>380278297
And if it sells well enough we'll most likely never see a mainline monster hunter on a nintendo console again. How do you guys feel about this?
>>
>>3800278297
kek, MMO confirmed
>>
>>380278550
>most likely never see a mainline monster hunter on nintendo

It's not like mainline MHs on nintendo consoles sell gajillions of copies everytime or anything. I'm sure nintendo would just stop all that. Logic.
>>
>>380278483
He's a CM you moron.
>>
>>380278297
Gee, the literal paid pr shill said so, so it must be true!
>>
>>380278483
He's Brazilian
>>
>>380278397
As in the same areas in the older games but without loading screens inbetween sections.
>>
>>380278297
I'm gonna wait for Capcom to do their MHW livestream in a week before I make any judgements on the game.

But of course they're not gonna call it a spin-off, that'd hurt sales.
>>
>>380278483
>i would know better because i work at ___
>>
>>380278747
>>380279035
>>380279109
>>380279263
Oh cool a new Monster Hunte--

>open world
>>
>>380279109
>As in the same areas in the older games

It's already confirmed to be an entirely new continent my dude. And none of what we've seen look likes a monster hunter area map.
>>
>>380278297
>the new mainline entry has gratuitous QTEs and follow-the-glowing-trail mission markers
More like RIP Capcom
>>
>>380279442
>mainline entry
>gratuitous QTEs

I'm gonna need some proof there
>>
I don't get why people are so excited, it's just going to be Monster Hunter with way less monsters because they actually need to develop for something besides PS2 hardware. Monster Hunter on PS4 will be the biggest fucking monkey's paw in the games industry and will take like four fucking PS4 games until the games are anywhere near the complexity of the 3DS ones. This is coming from somebody who owns a PS4, doesn't own a Switch, and fucking HATES Monster Hunter.
>>
>>380279401
The same area system. Not literally the same areas. If you haven't noticed, Capcom is actually trying with this game instead of reselling the same exact content. You still need to back out to a hub and load into a new zone if you wanted to go to a beach or volcano or desert or whatever.
>>
>>380279442
>follow-the-glowing-trail mission markers

Considering the emphasis on tracking and exploration, it makes sense. There does seem to be a material you get from the footprints/leftover meal/excrement that the tracker bugs fly towards.
>>
>>380279637
It's like you didn't even watch the trailer
>>
>>380279818
>it makes sense
More like "it's dumbed down".
>>
>>380279735
In other words, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>380278297
>R.I.P Nintendo
More like R.I.P Capcom considering the japanese consist of the lion's share of monster hunter purchases and the game isn't coming out for 3DS or smartphone.
>>
>>380279952
Yeah, fuck psychoserum, fucking casuals.
>>
>>380279952
yeah man Psychoserum really dumbed down the series
>>
>>380280128
>>380280270
shills
>>
>>380280128
>>380280270
Serum was for scrubs, took up a slot, and didn't make immersion-breaking sparkles fill the screen.
>>
>>380278718
WOW A COMMUNITY MANAGER
CLEARLY SOME GUY RUNNING A FORUM HAS INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME
>>
>>380280690
>Glowings bugs are now immersion breaking

But, almost every MH mainline game has glowing bugs.
>>
>>380278297
he's not saying it's mainline, just that it's not a spin-off. Which is what they said about X.

In their mind, as long as it's not Stories it's not a spin-off
>>
other consoles get a true next gen monster hunter, switch gets some disgusting shitty looking upscaled 3ds game topkek
>>
File: HOLY SHIT.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY SHIT.gif
2MB, 450x253px
Where are the Palicoes???
>>
>>380280387
>>380280690
>gets told
>s-shills!

I don't currently own a Switch or a PS4. Psychoserum existed before MH World.

>took up a slot

Wow, one slot. Amazing, the game is shit now1!

>immersion breaking

Actually, those flying things look way more natural than just taking a serum and magically it marks your map. Just like how it was more natural to actually roast meat instead of magically just getting full. Or manually throwing a paintball and seeing it rather than just it magically getting marked.

I look forward to your butthurt when the game comes out and people are enjoying it
>>
>>380278297
>>380278297
Not made by a Japanese studio
Not a mainline game.
>>
>>380281189
They didn't want to be silly in the trailer.

I hope the game does have some sillyness and quirkiness to it.
>>
>>380281402
What studio is making it? Source?
>>
>>380281402
it's not a spinoff though :)
>>
>>380278550
Wrong.

Japanese love handhelds.
They wont be buying this I guarantee maybe 42,000 sales on PS4 whilst MHXX on Switch will probably get millions.
>>
>Sony paid for this to not be on Switch
>didn't say anything about Xbone or PC
>now it has to compete with Xbone and PC
>>
>>380278297
you don't think they know all you people called it a spin off yesterday and aren't damage controlliing the reveal?
>>
>>380278550
It wont. Stop the pretense and console wars for one fucking moment.
Games dont sell on ps4 other than gta, fifa, cod.

You guys have a distortion of reality. A game selling more than 3m on ps4 is really rare. While no MH mainline ever sold less than 3m.

I dont think even HZD sold 3m without counting the free games that come packed with consoles.
>>
>>380281725
I'm right though. The west is a much bigger market.

Money is the absolute most important thing in the world, anon.
>>
>>380278297
>Mainline
>Not portable
>Announced at western event
lol
>>
I remember this guy. He banned me when I asked 'when's EX Troopers getting localized?' in the MH stream
>>
We'll get MH5 for Switch because the japs need a portable MH, and I dont think people will buy X for a THIRD time.
>>
>>380281725
I can see it breaking a million in the west and getting shit sales in Japan.

This does cause worry because this might mean a split in developer time and resources trying to juggle this new MHW franchise and the MHPortable franchise. If MHW takes off anyway.
>>
>>380282013
and the west doesnt care about monster hunter
even when they make it a casual westernized game, no one will buy it
>>
>>380281919
There's no damage to control.
>>
>>380282098
MH5 for smartphones confirmed
>>
>>380281934
>still sony posting
yesterday called, informing you it's a multiplat

fucking laughing at you deperate losers clinging to your toy slurping mario's semen

LOL
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.