[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PS4 Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
Did this thing launch a year too early?

I think I'd have preferred to wait a bit longer and have the extra power of the Xbox X

- FIFA
- Horizon
- BF1
- Last Guardian

I enjoyed all these on my Pro but were these worth it for a year's worth of 4k?

The Pro could have been released this year and Sony could have made a 4k patch of games like TLG.

I know the new Xbox will also use checkerboarding here and there but it seems like a more solid spec, also the size discrepancy makes it look like Sony rushed out the Pro
>>
>>380274247
you dont even have a 4k tv, no one does
>>
>>380274853
That guy in the Sony E3 conference pre-show said "according to our data, half of Pro users have a 4k TV". Wonder how much they exaggerated that figure.
>>
>>380274853
4k doesn't stand a chance with the shit Internet America has seeing as more and more people are switching to streaming only. 4k tvs are cheap anyways.
>>
>>380274853
I have one

>>380274247
they released it 2 years too early. Microsoft released it 1 year early but it seems more intentional since they have a higher price. 2018 moving forward will see more support for these consoles and xbox will hopefully see the price drop it needs then during the holiday season.

If Destiny was the game that sold ps4 and xbox one. Anthem is looking to be the one to sell the pro and the one x.
>>
>>380274853
>you dont even have a 4k tv, no one does

I have a 4k HDR TV

4k TVs cost near the same as 1080p now for the same size
>>
no one gives 2 fucks about 4k, anybody can see there is no difference
>>
>>380274247
>Did this thing launch a year too early?

nah it's still a good price offering:

>4.2 tf / $350 (street price) = 0.012
>6 tf / $500 = 0.012
>>
>>380276421
It only matters when you have a huge ass TV. Other than that, 1080p with 1.25-1.78 SSAA is more than enough.

The big problem with PS4 Pro is when using a 1080p, it should SSAA the internal resolution that would be displayed on a 4k screen. Wasted GPU headroom when it could output a much sharper image.
>>
>>380276421
>no one gives 2 fucks about 4k, anybody can see there is no difference

FIFA is far more legible due to the 4x resolution jump

Wipeout in 4k is amazing

4k is appreciable on a 43" screen, 49" and over it's a big leap over 1080p
>>
>>380274247
In a sense, it was really half assed. All they did was pretty much double the gpu compute units in the AMD Apu and call it that. They did it in a way that it reads as 2 different GPUs so it works the same way as PC crossfire does. Because of it being complicated, Xbox X will probably have the edge in upgraded titles by a fairly large margin.

Xbox X had a LOT more thought and effort put into it.
>>
>>380278530
Now all Xbox needs are games people care about.
>>
Turning in my PS4 pro towards an Xbox one s to cuckstop
Sony doesn't care
>>
>>380278667
Pretty much.
>>
>>380278530
Not to mention, most games on console use a dynamic resolution. If there isn't a cap, then it will scale to much higher resolutions no patch required. Even if its capped to 1080p, it will stay at 1080p with no dips unless its coded like literal dogshit.

Same goes for PS4 Pro with boost mode, but boost mode doesn't fully utilize the extra power PS4 Pro has.
>>
File: 1492779194036.png (115KB, 474x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492779194036.png
115KB, 474x200px
>>380277579
but it's not 350...
>>
I think they weren't quite sure if there was enough demand to make a 4k console worth it, so they just made a fatter Slim. If the X does great and shows there's a lot of demand for a superconsole, they'll probably make a beefed up new Pro model.

If there's not a lot of demand, they can drop the price and undercut the X even more.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.