[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What part of this looks not like Monster Hunter. Tell me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 27

What part of this looks not like Monster Hunter.

Tell me.
>>
>>380270165
All monster hunter games must be the exact same as the original ps2 game otherwise they aren't real monster hunter games.
New content/mechanics = bad.
>>
>>380270165

How does this not look good.
>>
I'm interested, but something feels off. This all looks too good for something to not go horribly wrong, like cutting out weapons or removing features.
>>
>Open World
>Grappling hook all over the place
>Yellow fairy shit showing where monsters are?
>Animations feel off
Yeah graphics wise it looks better but it just doesn't seem like a monster hunter title
>>
>>380271350

Animations feel off because they finally updated the same shit you've been seeing for the past 10 years.
>>
>>380270165
graphics too good
movement doesn't look clunky enough
>>
File: mh.png (1MB, 1676x2117px) Image search: [Google]
mh.png
1MB, 1676x2117px
>>380270165
Nintendo fans changing the narrative
>>
I was sure at first I was seeing monster hunter due to the sword when I watched the trailer at e3. The more I watched the less convinced I became as the more and more I saw the less monster hunter it is. It looks like this will be the first monster hunter I will not be picking up since it looks bad. I have a ps4 and no switch as well.
>>
File: giphy.gif (120KB, 600x487px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
120KB, 600x487px
>>380270165
its not on NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
The only issue is the preview makes it look like grimdark/realism shit.

I'm sure when they show more flamboyant armor, colors, hueg weps and the local hubs with weird catfaggots people will stop sperging out.
>>
>>380271906
>things that never happened
>>
>>380271718
This, MH isn't supposed to be good
>>
>>380270165
good vore
>>
You can rapid fire a fucking bowgun while moving.
So yeah, it'll be casualized as fuck.
>>
>>380270165
It doesn't look like an early PS2 game
>>
Which video is all that from?
>>
>>380270883
>muh scripted sequences
haha sooo gud
>>
The artstyle
The desaturation
The animation
The Jurassic Park dinosaur
The complete lack of color
The lack of a map
The grappling hook
The machine gun
The blur filter
The lack of a companion
The part that looks literally exactly like Horizon Zero Dawn in every way
The part where it's being made for a wider audience
>>
>>380270165
They don't want their games gameplay to improve. They want the same game they played on the PSP with new monsters. They are a pack of dumbshits.
>>
>>380272573
>The Jurassic Park dinosaur

You mean like the PS2 games? Fuck off with your jetpack dragons.
>>
>>380272494
How is that scripted?
>>
>>380272494

>previous games
>monster knocks you off a ledge
>loading screen and appear in a new area

>this game
>bait monster into attacking the environment
>actually changes shit and makes a flood appear pushing you and the monster into a new area with no loading screen
>>
File: ucKJmut.jpg (57KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
ucKJmut.jpg
57KB, 300x310px
The negative comments about this game are literally only from butthurt Nintendo fanboyshits. You can't disprove this.
>>
File: 1490662138631.jpg (292KB, 953x772px) Image search: [Google]
1490662138631.jpg
292KB, 953x772px
>>380270165
Looks like a monster hunter I would play

I also know the MH team and if they pull off what the trailer makes it out to be it will be fantastic, but we are talking about the same people who have released the same game for like 15 years now

Just a little bit of perspective
>>
>>380270165
Trailer is either very misleading or the game is casualized as fuck.

Looks good just too different from what we're used to.

>no music
>automatic machine gun
>player in trailer barely spent any time in combat
>too focused on environment rather than combat
>no cooking jingle
>>
Map here looks Monster Hunter on cue, now with more ways to traverse terrain.

>>380272386
Filename is the youtube video.
>>
The grappling hook sells me
>>
>>380272801
oh is that what thats for? but it still happens every time, not like you can dodge the flood or grapple onto something so you dont go down- thats what i meant by scripted
>>
>>380272123
It is true. There is a reason why people who actually play monster hunter don't like the look of this game.

It looks like it will be more for bringing people into the series but people who actually play the games say it looks like trash. Bad monster design so far and I don't care for the stealth. I just want to accept missions and hunt monsters. I don't like the free escape grapple, I don't like that I can't carry this around and play with my friends who play like I did with the psp and my ds. I met a lot of people with the little meet ups we did, someone is even getting married to someone they met there. Sure I can play online and talk to my friends over the internet to play, but it isn't the same as playing with a hunting party there.
>>
>>380272801
I'd imagine these scripted environment sequences will get old and repetitive over time, , but that's not really the bad part of the trailer.
>>
>>380270165
the part where there is no timer.
>>
>>380273245
>There is a reason why people who actually play monster hunter don't like the look of this game.
Because you're a console warrior. End of discussion.
>>
I've never played Monster Hunter before - what's the dealio with series? Is it a grindy festival?
>>
File: 1423101000558.jpg (95KB, 500x592px) Image search: [Google]
1423101000558.jpg
95KB, 500x592px
Okay but why does the T-Rex looking thing has wings that come out of nowhere and huge ass nose that just pops up?
The big guy with the belly had a cool design, why go for this monster for the "main" one? Looks retarded honestly.
>>
>>380273434
you kill big ass monsters.

thats it.
>>
>>380273245
>bad monster design
Subjective, the new monsters looked fine to me.
>don't care for stealth
You don't have to use it.
>I just want to accept missions and hunt monsters
You can do just that.
>I don't like the free escape grapple
You don't have to use it.
>I rather have shitty graphics and controls than an actual good game
Get an Nvidia shield or something similar, bring a laptop.
>>
>>380273434
Pretty much yeah. But it's fun with friends!
>>
>>380273169
>not like you can dodge the flood or grapple onto something
you know this how?
>>
>>380273434
its fuckin lit yo! its like gta online but jurassic park my ngiga!
>>
>>380270165

he's not getting raped by hot monkey dick
>>
It just looks like a MH game taking advantage of the power of a console to make things more fluid. My only complaint is the colors seem a bit dull in some areas as I couldn't tell if that was rathalos or rathian immediately.
>>
>>380273434
You hunt monsters, that's the game.
>Is it a grindy festival?
Yes
>>
>>380273434
It's a boss fight gallery with many playstyles and min-maxing opportunity for each mission. Gear building is a grind but that's for the optimal endgame
>>
>>380270883
The water doesn't behave like there's anything in it. It should be parting around the human and the monster.
>>
I don't understand. MHW looks too realistic. Go look at screenshots of MHO and see what HD monster Hunter is supposed to look like.
>>
>>380270165
the grappling hook and the fireflies obviously. you intentionally took those out of your video so you knew this
>>
>>380273826

You've never seen or been around rapids, have you.
>>
>>380270165
They put effort into the visuals, which makes me worried that they skimped on other things.
>>
>>380270165
is that a fucking ludroth zamtrios
>>
File: thank you jesus.png (378KB, 501x463px) Image search: [Google]
thank you jesus.png
378KB, 501x463px
Feels good to be free of these insufferable 3DS faggots
Go make a reddit post about the lore and timeline
>>
>>380273081
I'm guessing that dive through the water and the tarzan swing are the zone lines? still has zones but no loading screens. I'd be fine with this.
>>
I do not like the firefly companion at all. But hopefully its just an armor skill.
>>
why the fuck are people complaining, your shitty PS2 relic is still going to be on the Switch
>>
>>380270165
MH does not need to look good, and I don't want it to look good.

Every yen that goes into presentation is a yen that doesn't go into content.
>>
Cautiously optimistic about this one. Still even from the little we've seen I prefer what World is doing compared to XX's anime.

>>380273928
This might be the start of a series so we shouldn't be surprised when they announce Monster Hunter World G with more monsters, weapons and whatnot in 2018!
>>
>>380270165
The part where it's not about prepping for a hunt but instead it's about "cinematic experiences."

I'd like to see more gameplay on it, a HUD, and 3 other hunters before I give a shit.
>>
File: hooded seal.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
hooded seal.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>380273492
I think the nose thing and fins on its back are just air sacks that it uses to display dominance or show off for mates, akin to some hooded seals. It could also be a sexual dimorphism thingy for the species.
>>
>>380274410
And all that yen that goes into paying the devs to travel all around the world... to come up with 4th gen maps

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/18/monster-hunter-4-developers-traveled-around-world-collect-data/
>>
>>380273245
No only extremist "fans" like you don't like it. I've been playing monster hunter for years and I'm hype.
>>
>>380272981
No cooking jingle triggered the fuck out of me. I'm so sick of these gritty paradigm shifts.
>>
>>380272880
>bottom row
Fucking kek!
>>
>>380270165
Just ignore the Nintendo clan members they're just jelly. Capcom did good with this one and i hope it will sell so that MH can establish a strong foothold in the west (unlike Dragons Dogma).
>>
This looks exactly like MH4U with better graphics. What the fuck are all you sperglords complaining about
>>
>>380271592
>No fun allowed
>>
>>380272657
Camera Focus' and zooms in on the dam bursting.
Pretty damn scripted.
>>
>>380274525
you wont, anon. it's heavily westernized therefore its single player only and has a shit ton of qte. the health and stamina bar disappear when not taking damage (health also regenerates over time so no more need to craft those potions that take forever :^)

this gives the game a much cleaner look so you can marvel at the games graphics and not pay attention to the fact that theres only 10 monsters to hunt because they had to skimp somewhere to put those graphics in right?
>>
>>380273928
Most complaints are jumping the gun given the limited information we've been given but this is a valid concern.
>>
>>380273492
There are old raptor dinosaurs very similar to that thing. You can watch Jurassic Park if you want to see something similar.
>>
holy fuck, MH fags are scum
>>
The only thing I'm really not feeling is the grappling hook, but it could still turn out ok depending on how it's handled.

Literally don't get why people are complaining about there not being loading screen between areas anymore. Having to sit through a 5-6 second load screen while going around the map got old fast, especially if you were just trying to gather.
>>
>fight a monster
>movie starts
I'm supposed to buy a ps4 for this? I'm going to look forward to XX.
>>
File: 1497235688252.webm (3MB, 480x430px) Image search: [Google]
1497235688252.webm
3MB, 480x430px
>>380270165
That's some quality vore right there.
>>
>>380270165
>Stealth
>Footsteps
>Grapple
>Regenerating health
>No sound-check when you cook and when you collect an item
>New monster's design look like a generic T-rex
>>
>>380271829
kek
>>
>>380275406
>>Regenerating health
All your other points are fairly vaild, why do you have to ruin the post with a blatant lie?
>>
>>380270312
>must be the exact same as the original ps2 game
Every time someone says something like this, it riles me up because you fucking KNOW that's not the case. Just because the series has, traditionally, evolved in smaller and subtler ways doesn't mean it's the exact same.

Fuck, the original PS2 game didn't even have a charging mechanic on the greatsword, one of the most iconic things about the weapon. People are just too used to AAA games completely reinventing themselves with every fucking entry, something I find wholly disgusting.

>>380271829
To be fair there's been rumours about PS4 monster hunter for years now, which have never amounted to anything. It's understandable that people would write off this one at first.

Though there is something amusing about knowing that it's not even PS4 exclusive, heh.

>>380271829
That's a fucktonne of stupidity. And also a fucktonne of cherry picking.

>>380271350
To be fair there have been people in Monster Hunter threads in the past that have talked about the idea of more in-depth tracking or no loading screens. It has always been technically possible. I myself am more of a traditionalist and find this to be a somewhat controversial decision, but ultimately, I keep coming back to one thing that I feel will be a reliable fact, and that is...

They're not going to give up on the Japanese audience.

The Japanese don't buy consoles. The Japanese barely use PC at all, their average PC literacy rate for the typical citizen is downright fucked. These games aren't for them. Which means that they're probably not going to give up on the Traditional Monster Hunter games, since they still need something portable to satiate their primary audience.

That understanding gives me more leeway to judge MHW on fairer terms.
>>
>>380275151
probably because
>monster retreats to sleep/heal or just changes area
>instead of having 3 or 4 quick load screens to follow where the pink dot is now you have to walk a shitton with nothing to do
Now you might say "but what if it isnt like that?"
well, the only options are either the locations are small and not very varied or they're fuckhuge and you end up playing find the needle in the haystack
>>
>>380275942

What if the locations are roughly the same size as before just without the load screens between them? No one seems to consider that possibility. There might be other ways to get around quickly too or stop the monster from running. In the trailer we see the hunter using the grappling hook to hang onto a bird as it carries them around.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM

JP trailer already broke 1.1 million
>>
>>380271042

I was one of the people that initially felt like it looked like westernized trash. On closer look, I see that there are still basically arenas for fighting monsters in, I see that the combat looks like it could potentially be close to what is expected.

But I think the thing that made it look jarring is the emphasis on environmental hazards, which felt like it would lead to a lot of scripted sequences. There is also the sort of gritty desaturated look, which screams "WE WANT THE WEST". I think it was also that leak we had here that made me think "shit, it was true".

I'll just wait and see because I have ps4, PC and Switch, so it doesn't matter to me either way. I want it to be good, but it's very possible it is just going to have features chopped for the western audience.
>>
>>380275902
> People are just too used to AAA games completely reinventing themselves with every fucking entry, something I find wholly disgusting.
Point to me where World completely reinvents the franchise, because everything they have shown and talked about are little changes to existing mechanics (except day/night cycle) and not completely new ones.
>>
File: 1444712947135.gif (6KB, 220x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1444712947135.gif
6KB, 220x1066px
>>380270165
>Shitting on this game, calling it westernized/casual trash
>Saying that it's not Monster Hunter
>Go to bed and wake up
>Watching more webms of it
>Still on the fence, but thinking of just shutting the fuck up and waiting for more gameplay to be shown
>>
>>380272208
>the movement isn't as restrictive fucking dropped
>>
>>380273434
Personally I consider the game to fit under the Fighting supergenre umbrella, even though it's co-op PvE in nature.

You pick your weapon (comparable to picking your character), you pick your target (picks stage and opponent) and then you go in and do a long, protracted endurance-based boss battle, trying to minimize your own openings while capitalizing on the monster's. It's about understanding your moveset as well as the monster's. You don't level up so much as you expand your pool of gear (unlocking characters on the roster screen).

It is, in essence, largely almost a boss rush game, but with collection mechanics, grinding, and minimal RPG elements typically revolving around your gear.

Each map is set up in that there's zones, separated by loading screens, all adhering to a general theme for that environment, but the loading screens typically take a lot of the travel time out of following monsters around the map since you can often tell that the areas maybe far further away than they might initially seem.

Traditionally, hunting mechanics have been limited to knowing where the monster typically spawns and is likely to move to, using paint on it which marks it on your map, or using a potion that just tells you where it is. Otherwise the game is usually 90% combat once you get in to the quest, and 10% chasing it around.
>>
>>380272573
>The part that looks literally exactly like Horizon Zero Dawn in every way
The autism
>>
>>380276750
Not an argument
>>
>>380276587

I feel you my dude. I am still extremely skeptical, but I'm going to just wait and see what happens. It just feels like there are mixed signals right now, there needs to be more info.
>>
>>380275902
>no loading screens
>somewhat controversial
Can you explain this, because I never understood why it would be a problem. Single open world vs different maps, sure I can understand why people might have a problem with that but not for just removing the area transitions.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (185KB, 1238x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
185KB, 1238x1080px
>complaining about casual pandering after Tri
>>
>>380273928
Yeah because they finally have a chance to for once.
>>
File: 1486192816340.jpg (61KB, 576x394px) Image search: [Google]
1486192816340.jpg
61KB, 576x394px
>>380276852
I honestly think all of the negativity on /v/ this E3 just ended up getting to most people, me included. I don't know, it feels like I'm damage controlling now.
>>
>>380276846
Neither was what you said you dumb nigger. Don't expect people to counter a nonargument with an argument.
>>
>>380276996
>implying i played anything after FU
>>
It looks like MH with better graphics, maps that aren't just wide arenas, and improved movement mechanics. Why is everyone freaking out?
>>
>>380276517
I wasn't specifically referring to MHW there, that was more of a general statement in argument to people who say "it's the exact same shit as the first PS2 game".

But yes, actual tracking mechanics, actual stealth (when before the crouching mechanic typically existed to move around the monster as you went for other objectives, or to set something up), no loading screens, shadow of the colossus/dragon's dogma type climbing over the monster, Just Cause grappling hook (although the more I watch of the trailer the more I feel like there seem to be specific tether points in the environment, might need to look some more). That is significantly different than anything Monster Hunter has had before.

Even the underwater combat of Third Gen didn't change too much about how the game played, it just expanded it. Even the jumping and climbing and mounting mechanics and vastly improved terrain variety of the 4th gen didn't change too much about how the game actually played, it just improved on what was already there and, in essence, added a new status effect tied to a short player-initiated QTE.

This is massive. This is wholly different. This is like Tri's free hunts, with a bunch of other completely game-changing mechanics.

There's some similarities to what we know. Enough to make it worth looking at. But acting as though it's not a massive departure would be disingenuous.
>>
>>380271350
>it just doesn't seem like a monster hunter title

youve seen 20 seconds of a scripted trailer you fucking autistic retard
>>
>>380270165

Not on Nintendo.
>>
>>380270165
It's not monster hunter because it's not on the nintendo switch.
>>
>>380275406
>Stealth
literally nothing wrong with this unless theres some huge bonus for doing it

>Footsteps
dont even know what this is arguing

>Grapple
valid point. however its one trailer so no one even knows how it's going to work. if it's used as an oh shit button, the game is ruined. if it's used to trigger traps mostly, that could be fine?

>Regenerating health
blatant lie, fuck off

>No sound-check when you cook and when you collect an item
again, one trailer for the game. why would they just take these things out for no reason?

>New monster's design look like a generic T-rex
at some point they all have to look similar to another one or you get pokemon
>>
>>380273081
Please not too much underwater encounters.
>>
>>380270165
I came here to slay monsters not to jerk off
>>
>>380270165
the part were it looks good.
>>
>>380277484
Movement is supposed to be awkward. It's important.

Do you think it would be an improvement if healing was instant, too?
>>
>>380276273
>There is also the sort of gritty desaturated look, which screams "WE WANT THE WEST"
> I think it was also that leak we had here that made me think "shit, it was true"
Both of these, but mostly the leak. That shit had me feeling a bit sour during the whole thing, especially when I saw the light guiding the hunter around. It isn't even as washed out as I initially though because once the Rathalos comes in, the color becomes more visible. I'll eventually get a Switch for XX, but I just hope this one is good. The stealth looks cool, the grappling hook looks cool, the open world is nice. They even brought back swimming, and it looks a lot faster.
>>
>>380277484

desu the lack of wide arenas actually made me worried at first. The cuts made me not even register the first time that there IS a decent amount of space in several of the areas for a normal fight. I thought it looked really crowded initially, and that would totally defeat how you normally fight monsters in MH. That would be pretty suspicious, but now I realize I was seeing a lot of hallways, they just wanted to show off how the monsters traverse between each area because it looks fancy. Like with the environmental hazard of the flood. It was to show "look how you can knock the monster into another area".

But yeah, now I'm a little less skeptical.
>>
>>380274410
>monster hunter
>content
gee i sure love fighting the same monster for the 12th time
but this time it's blue and with one more attack in its moveset so it's completely new
>>
>>380275096
I wonder why people are only noticing this now.
>>
This will be my first MH game. It genuinely looks fucking gorgeous and playing this on my 4K TV is definitely going to justify purchasing a JP game for once.
>>
>>380271350
>open world Is a bad thing in a game where you wrestle with monsters who can throw you into the next cell triggerig a loading screen

open world monster hunter is a slam dunk
>>
>>380276956
I can't speak for others, but for me personally I've always kind of viewed loading screens as necessary, since it actually put a barrier between you and the monster that wouldn't feel artificial as fuck.

Example: You're fighting monster. It decides to transition to the next area. If there's no loading screen, then what's to stop it from launching ranged attacks between the areas or, failing that, roaring at you from five feet away but not actually doing anything? It's going to take smart... and cluttered map design to make up for something like that. And not all of Monster Hunter's maps have been traditionally cluttered.

Then again, I haven't really thought about it since third gen, since back then the zones were largely flat and around, and in more than a few cases you could tell that, when you looked at the environment and skybox, without the loading screen transitions basically teleporting you, the trek between areas likely would have taken significantly longer. 4th gen might have been playing with better map design, possibly in an attempt to pull this off.

I'm not going to lie, there is something appealing about it in a wholly different way. If I go back to my initial expectations for my first entry into the series, I probably would have expected something like this. My worries are entirely centered around what it could mean for the series that I've grown to love. And when I say that I mean everything I've seen, not just the lack of loading screens.
>>
My issue is the camera angle, like why does it have to be so far up your ass just because its open world?
>>
The part where it looks like a cheap chink knockoff version of horizon zero dawn, which already waz a bad game
>>
File: niggy.png (195KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
niggy.png
195KB, 300x369px
>>380278169
>it's SUPPOSED to play like shit
mhfags, not even once
>>
>>380276587
>but thinking of just shutting the fuck up and waiting for more gameplay to be shown
Fuck off falseflagging shill.
>>
most of you faggots are the biggest idiots in the world.
>b-but it doesnt feel like a monster hunter game!

what does a monster hunter game even feel like? Final fantasy on nintendo plays nothing like final fantasy 15. is ff15 (/v/'s hatred of the game aside) not a real final fantasy game?

games change with each release, if they didnt it would just be a dlc. if you want to play MHFU go play MHFU
>>
>>380278738
>is ff15 (/v/'s hatred of the game aside) not a real final fantasy game?

Yes
>>
I've never played a MH game before, which one should i play first?
I only have pc so i was thinking emulating 3rd for psp or 3 for wii
>>
>>380278169
how was movement even awkward? you walk instead of run when your weapon is drawn if you're using a great sword?
>>
>>380278598
Once you remove the loading screens from MonHun you get Horizon Zero Dawn?
>>
>>380278264
The monster interaction with the environment really did impress me from the trailer, especially since they look like they'll actually chase you down now. Should make for some great trap set ups like we saw in the first MH trailer years ago.
>>
>>380270165
Camera is too close
>>
>>380278169
Awkward isn't good. You can have responsive controls no matter how slow things are.
Using animation locks as your main draw for difficulty is terrible game design.
>>
>>380271042
>No cats
I never thought I'd miss them, but it doesn't seem like a Monster Hunter game without one screaming in your ear every couple of seconds.
>>
>>380278828
what is it then? pretty sure the devs think it's a real FF game, otherwise they would have named it something else. how about FF11-14, are those not FF?
>>
>>380278838
Play Portable 3rd, then play Freedom Unite if you enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1430797608139.jpg (50KB, 489x464px) Image search: [Google]
1430797608139.jpg
50KB, 489x464px
They casualised the fuck out of it. Before mounting a creature required strategy and tactics, but now they've got some of the design team from Dragons Dogma to bring that games monster climbing mechanics. Battles will be a clusterfuck of retards clambering all over creatures like some retarded multiplayer Shadow of the Colossus.
>>
>>380274152
If you don't follow Monster Hunter wherever it might go, then you don't deserve to talk in these threads. I'm really fucking tired of console war bullshit around here. I'm tired of people who never touched an entry since FU or P3rd because it went on Nintendo systems acting like they have a say in the matter.
>>
>>380279096
I'd be surprised if they completely removed cats. The trailer looks rushed, like the game is still between 1 and 2 years from release, so they might have only had a limited amount of the game that was finished enough to show.
>>
>>380279020
MH games have adjustable camera distance you mong
>>
File: MHWorld_XBO_FOB_png_jpgcopy.jpg (580KB, 1450x1850px) Image search: [Google]
MHWorld_XBO_FOB_png_jpgcopy.jpg
580KB, 1450x1850px
>>380279096
They're in the boxart. Either that or it's a midget/weird perspective.
>>
>>380279498
Until now
>>
I've never played Monster Hunter.

Do you make your own character and immerse yourself in the world, or is it like a generic story RPG and you're playing a scripted linear progression?
>>
>>380270165
That one part with hook where it looks like a Lost Planet 2 and Bionic Commando.
>>
>>380279570
That's just weird perspective.
>>
>>380279758
You make your character, but you don't immerse yourself very much. It's a very story-light game.
>>
File: 1397229486930.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1397229486930.gif
2MB, 250x250px
It looks good. I'm pretty fucking hype.
>>
>>380279570
point out the cat for me. that's obviously a hammer user.
>>
>>380279758
Plot is practically nonexistent. There's always some story about the main monster fucking things up but you're just a generic hunter out to kill whatever you feel like.
>>
File: webhead.png (279KB, 900x736px) Image search: [Google]
webhead.png
279KB, 900x736px
>grappling hook is bad

are you guys gay?
>>
>>380271350
so, about the glowy bug shit, remember psychoseurem, guys? or hell, the armor skill detect which literally shows you the exact location of the monster on the map with a little blip? i don't see how much worse this is, because at least it allows you to get a footing of the new crazy environment, and make it feel like you're actually "hunting" the monster.

as for illuminating objects, it's better than having gathering areas in the games sticking out like a sore thumb by just being randomly generated into the map, and having a big "GATHER HERE!" logo pop up when you passed it. true, the older games didn't make gathering spots THAT obvious at all, but with how lush and detailed this environment is, i appreciate being able to see it like this.

and finally that grapple hook. people say it trivialities positioning? I'd like to know how brave style and arial style didn't do the same thing. i use arial in monster hunter because I can fucking abuse the shit out of that jump. and you know what? i'm pretty sure all of the monsters in the game will still find a way to fuck you over in that grapple hook state.
>>
>>380270165
>What part of this looks not like Monster Hunter.

>No CUUUUHRAZY gameplay
>no guild quests
>Forced open world on a game that has thrived on leveled segments

Inb4 muh graphics and muh innovation. It's not a MH game.
>>
>>380270165
Lack of timer is all
I am worried about
>>
>>380270165
>>380270523
>>380270523

Already did and raped everyone in the thread.

/fuck off
>>
>>380280183
This, minus the crazy gameplay. That was a Generations meme.
>>
>>380274895
It was edited like that for the trailer.
When the Rathalos appeared it was also zoomed in.
>>
>>380279758
You make a character and the story isn't very important, but most of the time its just about you being the new guy, encountering some weird new monster, doing more quests, and then eventually being strong enough to kill that weird monster you saw earlier.
>>
>>380279496
so based on the trailer that shows a guy dicking around with a couple different monsters, they completely removed the cats?

how do you people even form a rational thought?
>>
>>380280339

>no guild quests

Wow how'd you get that from a 3 minute trailer?
>>
>>380279096
they are confirmed.
>>
>>380279306
Fuck me did someone just say you should enjoy a franchise regardless of something that only matters to people who need their parents to buy them consoles? That's almost intelligent. What are you doing here?
>>
It looks like the first good Monster Hunter game. They finally got rid of the loading screens every 30 seconds.
>>
>>380279758
It's not really an RPG at all.

It's kind of its own thing, pretty hard to describe. You don't play for the story or character building. It's just about mastering the combat while fighting endless monsters with friends/strangers. Character progression is mostly there just to give you something to work towards.
>>
>>380272573
Art style reminds me of this game I had a demo for yeeears ago. Came with dmc3, can't remember the name though.
>>
>>380280454
I was saying the opposite m8. Cats probably weren't ready but Sony wanted a trailer for E3.
>>
>>380272981
>no cooking jingle

dropped
>>
>>380272649
>teostra, kushala, rathlos, yian garuga, gravios,shogun, daimiyo, kirin,chamelos, lao,kehzu
Do you people only remmeber the dromes or some shit?
>>
>>380280183
it's not open world. there are still zones/areas but they got rid of transitional loading screens.
>>
>>380281178
All of those are pretty tame compared to rocket dragon
>>
>>380270165
I really want this game to have a comprehensive field guide that you fill up like a pokedex with in depth entries on ecology of the monsters and their behavior/biology. That would be so awesome. Call up two or three ecologists and have them write it: sell one separately in print form.
>>
File: WHERE DA VIDYA GAMES THO.gif (508KB, 162x152px) Image search: [Google]
WHERE DA VIDYA GAMES THO.gif
508KB, 162x152px
>>380272573
>The animation
80% of the animations are still the same. So you're just saying MonHun animations in general are shit

>The machine gun
Already a thing. Auto fire is in HBG and LBG (in form of a hunter art) as well as rapid-fire (burst shots)

>The lack of a companion
They're still in. Palicos are a thing confirmed.

Everything else you wrote is too shitpost-y for me to bother with. I just wanted to correct some of your major bullshit for the sake of lurkers scrolling by.
>>
File: 1497049507251.jpg (60KB, 638x629px) Image search: [Google]
1497049507251.jpg
60KB, 638x629px
>>380281686
who's rocket dragon
>>
File: 3238319-6179841521-32381.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3238319-6179841521-32381.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>380281846
>Jetpack dragons
This dude
>>
File: 1470872801690.png (478KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470872801690.png
478KB, 600x600px
>>380272981
#MAKE MONHUN AUTISTIC AGAIN
>>
>>380281686
and yet are better than just having a bland pink t rex or smaller yellow zantrios without armor.
>>
>>380270165
why no switch release? why do switch get shitty 3ds spinoff while everything else gets next gen engine monster hunter? even fucking xbox is getting it over nintendo
>>
>>380279306
Only fucking retards liked the 3DS games. The platform held it back so much I gave up after 10 or so hours on each game because of how shit the 3DS is.

Fuck off. This is the best thing to happen to the series in a long time. Fuck Nintendo's shit overpriced consoles.
>>
Its a monster hunter game that finally has graphics that surpass N64 quality.
>>
>>380275902
>People are just too used to AAA games completely reinventing themselves with every fucking entry, something I find wholly disgusting.
so releasing a game for a full price with minor changes is totally okay but changing a lot and not selling a reskin of the same product is bad?
>>
>>380279570
I hope we get some pretty looking armor. Everything seen so far looks pretty bland and colorless to appease normies.
That rath barely looks red.
>>
>>380282092
xbone has more consoles sold than switch and wiiu combined.
>>
>>380281178
okay but you KNOW he's talking about the more recent stuff from both frontier and X/XX. all those monsters you stated are fine, since they all have some basis of being "alive". hell, i'm surprised people bashing Anjanath's (new guy) design don't remember brute wyverns, which are an ENTIRE species based around giant t-rexes with slight to crazy modifications.
>>
I don't understand why is this game that tries to be a bit different NOT ACCEPTABLE? We still have the old style. It's not like they're ever getting rid of the mainline, so why is trying something new somewhere else bad?

As a Monster Hunter fan I think MH fans have the same problem Quake fans do. They're scared as hell of change. Gameplay mechanic grandpa's at this point.

This could still be incredibly Monster Hunter-ish
>>
>>380279304
So..MH4U then?
>>
The graphics are too good; it just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>380278169
people make idiotic posts like this so that people will screencap them and make new hilarious meemees
>>
>>380281956
lol what the fuck? I haven't played since 4u so im guessing this is some rathalos sub species in x?
>>
>>380272981
>no music
eh, you know it will be there
>automatic machine gun
L1 burst does this
>player in trailer barely spent any time in combat
watch other MH trailers, MH4s is literally just running away
>too focused on environment rather than combat
finally you can look at the environment and not get eyecancer
>no cooking jingle
already confirmed to be in the game, cats too btw
>>
>>380282216
NO, NEITHER ONE IS GOOD REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>380282542
>People are actually upset that a monster hunter game can be played at a resolution higher than 400x400
>>
>>380282715
I see what you mean, what do you suggest as solution, then?
>>
I bought MH4U. It's pretty boring and the 3DS has awful controls for playing actual video games as opposed to visual novels and nu-Mario crap.
>>
>>380283221
only releasing remastered versions of successful games/games i enjoy. and then adding new things that don't change the gameplay at all via dlc
>>
>>380284130
God, anon, fucking DLCs and remasters.
>>
>>380284541
hopefully MH world comes with day 1 dlc so i dont have to play with normies like you who won't pay extra for amazing games
>>
>>380285857
le normie who don't want to waste money on content that could have been in the game already
>>
>>380286590
dlc is like tipping. if the game is good you'll pay a little extra for a better game experience :^)

surely you're not one of those heathens who doesn't tip, right anon?

If no one tipped/bought the dlc they'd have to charge you more than 60 dollars for the game so its like you're paying it anyways!
>>
>>380287441
>re-releasing an old game with better graphix
>cutting content off to sell separately
They surely deserve to be tipped.
>>
>>380287909
it costs money to update the graphics on everything, stop being a selfish child, anon
>>
I fear they'll remove the depth of the combat system and instead it'll be a shitfest where you hook them and trap them in environment and such and remove half their hp in a couple clicks, if core gameplay still there and those things are just flashy sequences to show in a trailer and aren't prominent in-game past early game and you still fight giant monsters for 10 minutes straight and have to learn their moveset then I'm sold.
>>
>>380288660
Stop being a good goyim and falling for jewish tricks to grab money of loyal sheeps/fans like you.
>>
>>380279758
If you do play it then start with either 3 or 4. Those are easily the best in the series.
>>
>>380278389
Because they were contained on the 3ds, so now that MH will be multiplatform again people (pcbros, sonyoggers and xbabies) are noticing the autismo
>>
>>380276629
Well, yes. One of the things that makes Monster Hunter Monster Hunter is commiting to your actions without an easy way to break out of them. It requires you to learn your weapon and the monster and will punish you if you fuck it up. If everyone is sliding around at a distance doing damage without needing to worry about when to uproot and get the fuck out of the way it's not very monster hunter.
>>
The clip you just showed is pretty much MH with new graphics. If you were gonna complain you would have linked the bit with the hookshot and gun.
>>
>>380270165
There's no way he did that steak right

Anyway, looks great
>>
>>380270883
is there an extended version of the trailer somewhere? where is thsi footage from?
>>
>>380274152
>Go make a reddit post about the lore and timeline
How to tell someone has never played the series
>>
Dude it's just Nintendo fan boys being butthurt. Don't fall for all the retarded bait. I can't wait to see more gameplay cause the grappling hook look fun af
>>
Why is grappling hook a deal breaker in an open world game? Or hooking onto a gliding bird? Or using a firefly item to track footprints as opposed to Psychoserum which just puts it on your map? If anything the latter is an objective upgrade if you want the game to feel about hunting rather than speedrunning like the series has become.
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.