[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 1050 ti and a 60hz monitor, should i upgrade my gpu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: spider.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
spider.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
I have a 1050 ti and a 60hz monitor, should i upgrade my gpu or my monitor first?
>>
>>380267238
gpu if u really want to.
>>
>>380267331
is a 1060 a good enough upgrade to make a difference?
I'm not sure if i'm ready to drop $400 on a 1070
>>
Do you plan on playing twitch shooters competitively? If so monitor. If you are a graphics whore buy gpu and upscale to 4k on old monitor
>>
>>380268048
personally i just want to play games like subnautica and prey with no hiccups whatsoever
currently they run at about 60 fps, but sometimes they drop pretty hard for a few seconds and i'm kinda tired of such bullshit
>>
>>380267238
That's a odd cat you got there.
>>
>>380268515
yeah he started acting funny after i got him into playing vidya
>>
A 1050ti won't push much over 60fps top end graphics wise.

So upgrade your GPU first if that's your direction you want to go.

Getting a 120/144hz monitor won't do you any good since you won't be able to push that high with a 1050ti.
>>
>>380267752
It would be an upgrade, no doubt about it, but considering you likely JUST bought the 1050, not sure if it's worth spending that kinda money for an upgrade in this short of a time. Might as well wait a generation or two.

And do you really have a reason for upgrading? Is there really anything you cant run?
>>
>>380267752

Nah that's not worth it.

>>380268352

No hiccups is a pretty big thing to ask, especially with games like Subnautica. Even with a kickass rig you're likely to have some frame drops here and there.
>>
>>380268970
>Is there really anything you cant run
not really, but there are constant threads here on /v/ saying how 144hz monitors are as big a difference beyond 60hz as 60z is beyond 30hz
or how 100+ fps is the end all be all of gaming
>>
>>380269320
They're nice, don't get me wrong, but the difference from 30 to 60 is a MUCH bigger deal then 60 to 144. Like with most things, diminishing returns apply to this too.

I would highly recommend trying it out at a friend's house or a store before buying to see if you really care enough for it. IMO, its cool, but not worth the cost (especially with G-SYNC)... yet.
>>
So im planning on upgrading from a 280x to 1060 6gb. Is that gonna be a sizeable quality increase? Too bad the 1070 sits at 400 more often than not.
>>
>>380269631
danke m8
i think i'll wait a bit then and spend my money on vidya
>>
>>380269829
>280x to 1060
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-AMD-R9-280X/3639vs2192

Its ~50% faster
But the extra VRAM would make a big difference with newer games. Games are really VRAM hungry anymore, and having >=4gb helps a lot.
>>
If you aren't trying to go above 60hz game-play get the gpu first. You are better off running solid on a strong system. And if you've never played at >60hz you won't miss the difference. Once you experience smoothness, it's difficult not to notice.
>>
>>380269935
Considering that 144hz monitors are becoming more and more common (along with VESA's variable sync shit), I'd give it another 2 years or so for them to actually become the norm and you could likely get one cheap then along with a better videocard to match.
>>
>>380267238
If you are finding the games you do play are running fine, why upgrade? Unless you want to play games your pc currently cant...
>>
>>380270112
Thanks for the link. I used gpu boss to compare them before, but that site didn't seem as good as this one.

This will be my first nvidia card, so i was wondering, is it true they gimp their cards when new ones come out? Cause id like to get a card thats semi future proof.
>>
>>380270617
nigga probably takes /v/ hype as fact
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.