[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even possible to see a "good" mmo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: adventurer.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
adventurer.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
Is it even possible to see a "good" mmo?
>>
Warhammer Online was a great MMO. You needed to play with other people, it was PvP focused and a lot of fun. Never balanced, didn't really matter
>>
File: asdf.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
We're still in the theme park / F2P era of MMOs.

You won't see any "good" mmos until player freedom / community driven content becomes prevalent.
>>
>>380265091

FFXI is about as good as you'll ever see, a perfect combination of JRPG and MMO that based everything around it's core of a solid community.
>>
File: ogre_f.png (227KB, 337x541px) Image search: [Google]
ogre_f.png
227KB, 337x541px
>>380265894
>>380266271
I never bothered with MMOs, but I think the only ones I would be willing to play are Dragon Quest X or Dragon's Dogma Online but they are both Japs games.
>>
>>380266421
we're still in the "wow killer" era
they're too focused on killing wow that they're forgetting to make an enjoyable game
>>
Yeah, go back in time and play Guild Wars 1
>>
>>380266823
And what's the problem with that?
Final fantasy XIV is the best MMORPG to play right now
>>
File: DragonQuestX.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DragonQuestX.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
>>380267452
Because I'm a DQfag more than Final Fantasy
>>
File: way too hurtful.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
way too hurtful.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>380265091
Source on the anime?
>>
>>380269554

quan zhi gao shou

It's 6.5/10
>>
File: sad doggos.jpg (30KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
sad doggos.jpg
30KB, 440x660px
>>380267452

>Final fantasy XIV is the best MMORPG to play right now

Makes me depressed as fuck.

What do you do in FFXIV? Level up boring classes where you hit keybinds repeatedly. Run down hallways with strangers you'll never see again, as fast as humanely possible, avoiding anything that might deter this. Watch shitty cutscenes with a generic JRPG plot where your character stands slack jawed or makes retarded decisions to propel the story forward, because muh limitations (also, in the case of ARR, you better skip those long cutscenes if you want to finish these last two dungeons with the rest of the party).

Then you hit end game, and do the same dungeons and "trials" (literally standing on platforms fighting a boss) except they have more things going on. Avoid puddles, hit your keybinds when you're supposed to.

Maybe you get a house. An instanced house, mind you; actually a double instanced house (the land is instanced and the house is instanced separately). Nobody will ever take the time to go into your house or apartment; nobody gives a shit. There's literally no point unless you like decorating shit in a video game that nobody will ever see.

I only hope that Stormblood, with its more of the same bullshit, causes a vast decline in playerbase and new, innovative MMOs take its spot on the top of the list. But I doubt it. Nobody has time for what made MMOs great in the first place anymore.

It's a dead genre. Rest in peace.
>>
>>380270636
Thank you
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.