[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

videogames now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 180px-Wall_Jump.jpg (8KB, 180x219px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Wall_Jump.jpg
8KB, 180x219px
Why can't most developers and publishers just make videogames for people who want to play videogames?

Why does everything have to be DLC riddled, half baked in production, execution and left with bland and uninteresting gameplay?

Give me games with controls that just work and are responsive. Give me a game that has gameplay that is fun and satisfying. Give me a game that has good gunplay, a physics engine that is fun to mess around with and a movement system that doesn't feel gross. For example, Super Mario 64 had focus on how Mario moves as one of the first priorities when they were developing the game.

I don't care if the game doesn't look pretty or doesn't have as many polygons that someone intended to cramp into a certain character or object. Graphics age, a good game is timeless and is still fun to play after years and years of its initial release while a game made with no passion and padded with bullshots, marketing will be half the price in a few months then forgotten in a year or two.
>>
File: 1493861752992.jpg (524KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493861752992.jpg
524KB, 1600x900px
it doesn't sell or get idiots easily excited
>>
File: 88a.png (9KB, 215x215px) Image search: [Google]
88a.png
9KB, 215x215px
>>380262570
>>
>>380262570
You're not the target audience for video games. Grow up and get a real hobby.
>>
I'm OK with DLCs if they are free
>>
File: reaction146.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
reaction146.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>380262570
>tfw half life is still good compared to games coming out now
why can't anyone make good games anymore
>>
>>380263206
What hobby?
>>
File: 1497224720407.jpg (425KB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1497224720407.jpg
425KB, 4000x4000px
>>380262570
if it doesn't appeal to normies it won't sell
especially when you spend $300 million in it
>>
>>380262570
Because of their rise in popularity, video games have become an industry, as opposed to just a hobby as they were in the 80s and 90s. Without money-making largely in mind, devs would naturally focus more on making sure their games enjoyable (as a hobby should be). Now there's a huge casual/dude-bro demographic that can be easily capitalized on and a great deal of effort goes into doing that rather than quality control, since the goal is now making money.
>>
>>380263206
firearms are my only hobby now
>more fun than video games
>sjw's can't touch them
>>
File: 1487572617638.jpg (77KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487572617638.jpg
77KB, 720x480px
>>380263206
>Grow up and get a real hobby.

OP here. Suppose so I should, and do. Granted, playing videogames isn't my biggest hobby but it's still something I like to play on and off. There's games here and there that I can enjoy like Bloodborne and Automata that keep me poking around for a new game or two every year.

It just puzzles me how game developers cannot put the time and effort into making a game fun at the same time they make it for a more profit oriented project.
>>380263656
Yup, this. I shoot and spend a huge chunk of my disposable income on ammo and other stuff regarding shooting. I'm going to start getting into competitive shooting, you know. A competitive sport that actually has merit to it. (esports)

I would sooner buy 2,000 rounds of 9mm than a gaming pc tbqh
>>
>>380263547
then why spend 300 million to make a game? make a good game with a fraction of that budget for real gamers and end up making a profit
>>
>>380262570
Games simply cost too much/take too long to make nowadays. Back in the day, companies could pump out 5-10 games a year with a good staff. Now most companies are lucky to get one a year and gamers expect more content for that one game than what was expected 20 years ago.

Take a look at some of the older Capcom versus series games:

X-Men vs. Street Fighter - (1996)
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter- (1997)
Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes - (1998)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes - (2000)

Literally one game a year, reused assets, Arcade and console releases. Capcom was also pumping out a bunch of other games at the time too for other consoles as well and for the Arcades. Capcom can't do that anymore so instead they just release ONE game (MvC:I) and support it with DLC to make up for the lost profit from all the other games they could have made during the cycle or to reimburse the costs for any new assets they had to make.

It's the sad truth about the future of gaming. The only way to somewhat fix this would be to increase the price of games but that wont stop pirating which has also cut into game studio profits.
>>
>>380264419
triple A titles were a mistake

companies should focus on making good games instead of big bloated technical projects

Atlas makes fantastic games without huge development cost
>>
>>380262570
Undertale.
>>
>>380262570
>Why can't most developers and publishers just make videogames for people who want to play videogames

Because they want to make as muc money as possible
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.