[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Idea for a small-scale TD game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: ps4-indie-games-2016.jpg (36KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
ps4-indie-games-2016.jpg
36KB, 640x368px
How does the following game idea sound? I know there are thousands of tower defense games, so maybe if you know a similar game let me know.

In most tower defense games, you build towers that auto-target and attack passing enemies. In this one, you only have one (or few) tower that you aim which direction it should attack (no auto-target). The tower can fire rounds at a high rate, or slower but the rounds will pierce enemies. The idea the players will have to utilize to win is building reflectors or other kinds of utility towers around the arena. These towers can make the rounds stronger, bounce around, split, do circular ellipsoid motions (or other stuff I might think of later).

Let me know what you think.
>>
I can't see lasting appeal with this. It doesn't sound terrible, but I think I played a flash game like it before.

Go for it if you want practice and learn how to get it working in HTML5 or whatever the standard is for webgames for added learning. If you want money I think you need something else.
>>
Thanks for the feedback. Will maybe try to prototype it slowly.
>>
I haven't played a game like that but it does immediately sound like an interesting take on tower defense.

Seems like you're basically painting areas that will be covered by projectiles and can reflect to allow them to cover more area?

Maybe if you had to work with mathematical formulas in some way to try and synchronise the guns fire rate with the enemies spawn pattern it could been even deeper.

Honestly it all seems a bitch much though, like it wouldn't be fun... it would be too easy or too hard and kind of feel difficult to get a grasp of where to plant towers since you're probably relying on luck or trial and error for a wave of projectiles to hit something. Seems more like a puzzle game
>>
They love indies so much they stole a band of indians from Microsoft.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.