[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CREATION CLUB aka PAID MODS 2.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 517
Thread images: 51

File: bethesda tries paid mods again.jpg (58KB, 665x391px) Image search: [Google]
bethesda tries paid mods again.jpg
58KB, 665x391px
They are doubling down.They are deleting negative comments on youtube and other major sites.

Are Zenimax and Bethesda actively trying to kill gaming???

Are there bigger loosers than Bethesda at this years E3?

How are you going to deal with this shit?

I personally am going to boycott all Zenimax products and shit on them at every possible forum and image board out there.
>>
>>380243887
>>
>>380243887

but i wanna play evil within
>>
i'm sure zenimax and bethesda will go straight down the shitter without your $60
>>
>>380244060
What is more important to you?
A single shit game?
Or the future of gaming?
>>
It's not paid mods, you autistic sperg.
Mods are staying the way they are and free.

This stuff is community working with the dev team to make official DLC content.

Mods are not changing.
They also have a rule that modders can't take their previous mods and change them into CC content.
>>
>>380244058
I'm surprised they didn't either disable ratings or switch to a different rating mode (the one that basically makes negative reviews delayed or discarded)
>>
>>380244215
>Or the future of gaming?

>future of gaming is going to be destroyed because they're selling a bunch of cosmetic DLC

WOWEE
>>
>>380244215
>the future of gaming?
oh boy time for another delusional gamergate war
>>
>>380244085
All things add up.If a million people boycott their smelly asses that is $60 million.
>>
>>380244060
Just pirate it nigga
>>
>>380244221
it is way too easy to steal in 3d industry. and people will abuse the fuck out of it.
>>
>>380244251
If they did that the internet would explode.They are trying to be coy. There were negative comments with over 2000 likes that got deleted yesterday alongside with the whole discussion below them.

Bethesda are real cancer.
>>
>>380244221
people are idiots, anon. dont try and correct them as theyll never understand.
>>
>>380244428
...Are you retarded?
You really think a company is actually going to risk lawsuits by not taking legal precautions and looking into the mods they're supporting?
>>
File: cancer.png (43KB, 2000x358px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
43KB, 2000x358px
>the shills are in full damage control
Some of you should go and find a real job instead of defending shit corporations on a Japanese tapestry image board.
>>
>>380244750
>they will have someone checking millions of mods for stolen assets,code
>nexus
>moddb
>loverslab
>other venues of mod sharing
Yeah right.Fuck off.
>>
>>380244574
they might be 'shadowbanning' people from commenting as well, I made a post there last night and it was deleted this morning, went to make another post, and it shows up fine on my desktop, but it and its reply chain do not show up on my phone since I use a different account on there. (the post shows if I switch to my desktop account)

>>380244808
Yeah, the shills are out in force on gamefaqs and the like, I kept warning people this was going to happen, that they were going to double down on drowning out dissent and trying to force public opinion towards positivity with legions of shills when they tried this shit again
>>
>>380244060
See this >>380244389
You can also go and play better games.
>>
>>380244221
> This stuff is community working with the dev team to make official DLC content.

Outsourcing dlc for less than pocket change is worst than paid mods anon, Bethesda is becoming the Uber of video games
>>
>>380245096

Nah, The autistic fanbase will just report the ones that steal within hours
>>
>>380245131
>they might be 'shadowbanning' people from commenting as well
Can they do that?I thought this shit was only on reddit?
>>
>>380243887
Their "please pay for game you own full price again to enable VR camera mode" shit is even more jewy if you ask me.
>>
>>380245240
How are you going to report stolen code when it will be packaged as DLC?
Do you understand that Bethesda are literally going to help thieves hide the evidence since the development will be hidden?
>>
>>380245325
Shadowbanning/hellbanning isn't a concept exclusive to reddit

Not many sites are big enough faggots to use it though. And certainly no site abuses it to the degree that reddit has
>>
>>380245552

>building a strawman
Stop
>>
>>380245442
Wasn't there a mod that made the games use VR?I'd love to check if they stole that modders code to make their $60 VR version games.
>>
File: 1489403417638.gif (1MB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489403417638.gif
1MB, 440x300px
>>380244313
When you monetize fan created content.
everyone will.

see that mod thats ABSOLUTELY necessary to play skyrim on PC because Beths default UI is garbage ?

Money talks bullshit walks.
>>
>>380245771
>monetize fan created content.

Mods are STILL FREE AND WILL STAY FREE.
This is Beth themselves collaborating with fans to make DLC.
>>
>>380245885
>This is Beth themselves collaborating with fans to make DLC.
This is not what Bethesda's statement was.Stop being a shill and find a real job.

No matter how you spin this shit it is paid mods 2.0.
>>
File: Bethesda.jpg (597KB, 1180x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda.jpg
597KB, 1180x1019px
>>
>>380245885
And you know what happens? All the talented ones will sign up with Beth to make money, and all the good mods will be behind a paywall. The only shit you can get for free will be shitty retextures and babby's first messed with CK and changed some variables mod #12145627 or stupid pointless cheat mod #2146512678789
>>
>split is 90/10

fuck this company
>>
>>380243887
>How are you going to deal with this shit?

nothing. stop being an entitled faggot.
>>
>>380246073
>people demand that we bring mods to consoles
>so we'll monetize on that
I remember the tale about the landlord, the river and the chain.
>>
File: 1428727259134.jpg (72KB, 300x341px) Image search: [Google]
1428727259134.jpg
72KB, 300x341px
DOWN WITH TODD
DOWN WITH TODD
DOWN WITH TODD
>>
>>380243887
I don't play shitty Bethesda games in the first place, but how will this kill gaming? I assume you are insinuating that one company selling paid mods will cause others to follow suit?

If so, isn't the answer simply to not purchase those mods? Every game already has DLC, that is the new reality. But if paid mods become a thing it won't take long for developers to realise that no one is willing to pay for it and the concept will collapse.
>>
>>380246297
>stop being an entitled faggot.
Todd?Where were you btw?Why no show at E3?
>>
>>380246213
Source? Really interested by contractual details
>>
>>380244750
it happened before, it will happen again.

the biggest mistake you can make, is expecting everyone to be as smart or smarter than you.
>>
>>380246459
Todd types in all caps
>>
>>380245771
>When you monetize fan created content.
>everyone will.
VALVE HAS BEEN SELLING FAN CREATED COSMETICS FOR LITERALLY YEARS

YYEAAAAAAAARRRRRRRSSSSS

HOW DO YOU FUCKS NOT GET THIS?
>>
>>380244750
>You really think a company is actually going to risk lawsuits by not taking legal precautions
Were you not here for PAID MODS 1.0???
Everyone was stealing out of their ass and bethesda/zenimax didn't care one bit as long as they were getting their cut.
>>
>>380246426
>If so, isn't the answer simply to not purchase those mods?

No, because the people will purchase them. Enough to make a profit. My dollar means nothing.
>>
>>380245885

That's not it. It is "executive meddling" of sorts into the modding scene. I've made/collaborated mods in games in the past for games(Diablo 2, Starcraft, mostly conversion mods) and what creation club is going to do is say "Oh hey, I see you're trying to do content X there, why not do content Y and Za1 and Za2 and then remove content X and then add content B1,B3 and A4 etc." And basically if i don't agree with their decisions on the changes then my mod doesn't go up on their page. Mods are supposed to be a reflection of MY OWN/TEAM works for shit I or my team wanted to do, not because of what any game executive tells us what we will do. And we don't do it for a quick buck but rather it's a hobby for me and others like myself.
>>
>>380246704
>My dollar means nothing
True, but it's not just your dollar. Look at the backlash so far.
>>
>>380246825
So if you don't want executive meddling, upload your mod for free somewhere else, like normal. What's the fucking problem again?
>>
>>380246602
because you retards have been fapping to cod from 1996 doesn't mean everyone have been on the same boat
>>
>>380246602
Because those are multi players games getting regular updates that might needs the extra cash for server upkeep.

Old single player games that doesn't get update anymore is not the same thing.
>>
File: it keeps going.jpg (31KB, 855x169px) Image search: [Google]
it keeps going.jpg
31KB, 855x169px
>>380244058
>>
>>380246602
Wait, monetizing mods is the same as having fan contests for new coosmetics?
>>
>>380244313

Is your memory really that bad that you don't remember the last time they tried to do this shit?

It was less than 24 hours before the community started eating itself alive and it barely recovered since.
>>
>>380245762
Afaik you can run it with VorpX in VR.
but that is a paid program and pretty bleem tier.
Probably in a few years there will be a better open source alternative.
>>
>>380246426

Just like the concept of dlc colapsed right?

It's a shitty practice that encourages modders to get themselves behind a paywall which heavily skews in the studio's favor. It also relaxes pressure from the studio having to fix their own shit.

It's an unecessary middle man in the mod process with little to no tangible benefit to the end consumer other than bringing mods to the console market.

If you're too much of an entry level normie to play the game on pc, then you're probably not going to be interested in mods for the game.

If you are playing on pc and support this; you're all for giving a corporation free money and encouraging the death of free content, and the continued implementation of unnecessary taxation.
>>
File: 41d[1].png (90KB, 482x315px) Image search: [Google]
41d[1].png
90KB, 482x315px
>>380247102
>people make hats/skins for dota/csgo/tf2
>those skins are thoroughly vetted by valve
>they are then sold in game
>the creators of the skins recieve a cut of the money earned from selling their loot boxes

>people make mods for skyrim
>those mods are thoroughly vetted by bethesda
>they are sold in game
>the creators of those mods recieve a cut of the money

It's LITERALLY the same thing.
>>
>>380247057
>>380244058

>they even put the Horse Armor in the video

I can't tell if someone is pulling a joke or not.
>>
> WEAPONS: New weapons, material skins, parts, etc.
> APPAREL: New outfits, armor, and items for your character.
> WORLD: New locations, decorations, foliage, etc.
> CHARACTERS: New abilities, characters, companions, etc.
> CREATURES: New enemies, mounts, pets, etc.
> GAMEPLAY: New types of gameplay like survival mode, etc.

Unless if you take liberties with the GAMEPLAY category nothing in this signifies they'll take on people for bug fixes aka the people that fix their fucking games get the shaft. Bethesda a shit.
>>
>>380247230
Valves modding store was unmoderated and had no quality control. Bethesda isn't exactly known for having great quality control but if they do a good job it could work.
>>
>>380247230

IIRC SkyUI devs completely quit modding after it.
>>
>>380247230
Have you read the opinions of most mod makers, most of them don't have a problem with this since this addressed all of the flaws of what they did before, this is curated, the mod makers have to go through a testing process, it has to be localised for every language, they are doing qa on it, this isn't like before where anyone could upload anything. Free mods will remain as lots of mod makers have already stood by. If this is a bad thing or not all rests in the implementation, if its cosmetic shit and they are underpaying the modders then of course people should complain but if this is driving better content and continued support for mods than I don't see a problem with it since as of now both the Fallout 4 and Skyrim modding scenes have slowed down massively.
>>
>>380247301
It's worst than that, modders are taking job from Bethesda employees.
Developing dlc internally cost a lot of money, creation club is the ultimate out sourcing tool.
>>
>>380246972

Because I want to upload my mod to be as easily accessable as possible to as many people as possible. I've uploaded my Shadowrun Returns mods to both Nexus and Steam Workshop(I should get around to finishing and converting it for Shadowrun Hong Kong). But if one of those was cutoff because it didn't meet executive guidelines that just makes it harder for my work to be seen. Furthermore if it gets put behind a paywall then that reiterates the point of less people being able to see and access my works easily. You say upload it for free like everywhere else? Who's to say a Zenimax executive gets upset that I do this and wants me to pull those other mods down? Other thing is I've used code from other people in the modding scene to help me stabilise and fix problems, if my mod gets monetized I do not ethically feel it is right for me to profit from someone elses work when they were responsible for finishing the overall product.

What the big problem is that it's someone else telling me what I can do with my mod, where I am allowed to put my mod and whether or not they have the final say of it going up or not.
>>
>>380244750

Creators have no bill of rights and a lawsuit wouldn't work since Bethesda is the one releasing the tool kit and product.

The other anons fears about funneling modding into paid dlc are legitimate.
>>
File: angry kitten.jpg (48KB, 700x535px) Image search: [Google]
angry kitten.jpg
48KB, 700x535px
Just to add i am doing this for free.
No paid shill will ever be able to do this for as long as me.

Bethesda/Zenimax you are never going to get a positive review from me.
I am never going to buy your games ever again.
I will bomb every one of your games on Metacritic.

Do you know what is the really scary part?
I am not the only one.
>>
>>380247564
>they'll take on people for bug fixes aka the people that fix their fucking games get the shaft

At the same time though, paying people to fix bugs in a shitty ass game you already paid for is criminal.
>>
>>380247523
>It's LITERALLY the same thing.

No it's not since it's not avail yet. Stop acting like this shit is truth.
>>
File: DAMAGE CONTROL.png (83KB, 1234x742px) Image search: [Google]
DAMAGE CONTROL.png
83KB, 1234x742px
>all that shilling going on here

Pure damage control.

But you know what, I have no doubts Todd will succeed this time. He spent a year buttering up consolefag consumer whores to the concept of mods. He knows they'll buy anything.

I dearly wish I'm wrong, but it seems he has his audience now.
>>
>>380247783
>nothing in this signifies they'll take on people for bug fixes aka the people that fix their fucking games get the shaft

Quote properly you faggot.
>>
>>380247695
I don't give a fuck what mod makers think
I saw all the scum immediately jump to paywall mods the second it was possible and know damn well not to use thsoe faggots' mods anymore
>>
>>380247852
Are you this much of a fucking newfag that you don't know what copypasta is? What the fuck dude lurk more.

Fucking e3. Making me argue with literal fucking children. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>380243887
I've been boycotting bethesda for ages, fallout 3 was such a shitshow I don't want to give a penny to the company after that.
Kinda shame that there is games like dishonored and evil within under them.
But the company stands for absolutely everything that is shit int he current vidya culture so fuck them.
>>
>>380247741
>Other thing is I've used code from other people in the modding scene to help me stabilise and fix problems, if my mod gets monetized I do not ethically feel it is right for me to profit from someone elses work when they were responsible for finishing the overall product.
That's a good point, with paid mods suddenly mods become even more of a minefield of license bullshit than regular software
>>
>>380247695
>Have you read the opinions of most mod makers
I have and there are people threatening to pull out their mods, since they are scared of their content being stolen and sold.
>>
>>380243887
I have never bought a bethesda game and I never will
>>
>>380243887
They are trying to exploit a potentially untapped marked. Orders from the suits above came and their marketing thinktanks are trying to do as they are told. If the negative feedback becomes overwhelming and all encompassing, seeping even into unrelated things, they will fuck off when the suits realize that it can hurt the profits and no amount of appealing to dumb normalfags with shit taste will compensate for the financial loss.
>>
>>380247889
>I saw all the scum immediately jump to paywall mods the second it was possible

skyUI
>>
>>380247889

>Entire organizations of mods on the nexus dedicated to keeping mods free and such a backlash that it killed the movement in the crib

Shills trying to demonize mod makers. You're fucking evil.
>>
>>380247882
>properly

No.
>>
>>380247889
Some of these mod makers have been spending thousands of hours without getting anything out of it, maybe they should have a right to be payed. I agree that it could turn out shit, it also has potential to be good, I think I am rational in saying that maybe we should wait to see how it turns out before raging online.
>>
>>380248235
>right to be payed

First of all: it's "paid". Second, you have no fucking right to be paid, it's a privilege. If you're good enough and popular enough, you will be rewarded with money, fame and admiration. Just because you spent effort on something doesn't make you entitled to being compensated for that effort in any way, shape or form. Get that stupid shit out of your head.
>>
>>380248235
>people have been making mods for decades for free with no issues
>A PUBLISHER proposes the idea they should be paid by the CONSUMER
>THE CONSUMER shills for the publisher

Fuck
you
cancer
>>
>>380248180
I'm evil for not downloading certain mods? I didn't realize that it's my responsibility to buy mods
>>380248235
Make a fucking donation box then you snowflake
>>
>>380244221

Hey QC, it's me again. I see you've learned some new words from being here, that's awesome! Still too easy to spot though, maybe change your formatting and throw off your punctuation?
>>
>>380248235
>maybe they should have a right to be payed
They have and it is the donation option on nexus.
Stop being a shill and find a real job.

Also if they were doing this for the money they should've started making games instead.
All those mods were made for fun.NOBODY WAS PAID TO MAKE THEM!!!THEY WERE ALL MADE FOR FUN AND WITH GOOD WILL!!!

Bethesda and Zenimax are poisoning th modding community.
>>
>>380247889

Yes, Chesko essentially stealing another modder's work to make $5 was despicable.
>>
>>380248464

>trying to spin it like you weren't generalizing all mod makers.

>trying to spin it like GEM and other organizations all had dragon masthead to keep mods free.

>lying on shit that can be easily checked.

Even now they keep banners up to keep mods free.
>>
>>380246139
>gib free mods
Communist spotted
>>
>>380248537
>Yes, Chesko essentially stealing another modder's work to make $5 was despicable.
That guy literally committed internet suicide.He was shamed publicly.Fuck him and fuck other subhumans like him.
>>
>>380248627
Still no clue what the fuck you're talking about, but when paid mods 2.0 rolls in I'll be sure to buy each and every single mod there is because it's apparently my duty
>>
>>380248235
>Some of these mod makers have been spending thousands of hours without getting anything out of it
You are wrong, they wouldn't be doing it if they didn't get anything out of it. It's hobby to these people. And it's not professional work, getting paid for being amateur modder is getting paid for your hobby, that's a great deal but shouldn't be expected.
You become good enough or develop good enough content, you will end up having great portfolio and might end up landing a job. People programming school projects don't get paid either cause they are amateurs and do it to learn and because they like it the first.
>>
>>380248680
Shill spotted.
>>
>boycott Bethesda
>implying i buy Bethesda shit in the first place
>>
>>380248680
are you a mod maker?
if not why are you shilling for something that goes against your interests?
>>
>>380248235

When I create my mods and release them to the public I do not expect to be paid. I do it because I enjoy it and I enjoy tinkering and doing stuff within the game engine. Musicians don't get paid for every single song they play if they just randomly start singing and/or playing an instrument in an impromptu performance. They do it because of a passion and love for the medium.
>>
>>380243887
I'll shill paid mods as much as possible, using forum wipes and spam to annoy people.
>>
>>380248909
Please don't compare yourself to a musician, because the "should artists get paid for everything they do" debate is as old as time and can only serve to derail this discussion
>>
>>380246139

I will never sell my mods to Bethesda. If they hire me and give me a job as a result of my mod work then that's a different story but I would keep my previous works free. I don't believe it would be right for me to suddenly start charging money for something I was providing for free and consumed zero tangible resources.
>>
File: buy my game.jpg (4KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
buy my game.jpg
4KB, 165x115px
>>380248851
BUY MY GAME!!!
>>
>>380248909
This kind of rhetoric is lost on shills, they do not understand the concept for someone doing things because they like doing them or doing it for the sake of being recognized and seeing your work cherished. This latest generation is fucked in the head beyond comprehension. Unless immediate gratification is in place and concretely established rewards are provided it is a "waste of time".
>>
>>380249094

I think you have misread the entire point of my post.
>>
>>380249124
You wouldn't be able to, the faq says that bethesda won't accept already existing mods.
>>
>>380248680
>acting like mods are a product of capitalism to begin with

What a fucking joke you are.
>>
>>380249023
0.1$ have been deposited to your bank account.
>>
>>380244251
They're still naive. They still think they haven't earned enough ill will to bite them in the ass yet.
>>
>>380249235
Did I? Claiming musicians shouldn't get paid for every single song they do usually makes a few of them froth at the mouth
>>
File: 1496003055019.jpg (62KB, 470x293px) Image search: [Google]
1496003055019.jpg
62KB, 470x293px
Who cares honestly? You can still get mods off nexus, all the good ones are out already. And if you're on console, the """"mods"""" you can get are all garbage numbers changers, can't even have script extender on console. Console players getting shit on my corporations is nothing new.
>>
>>380249384
The greatest joke is that musicians barely get paid for the songs they sell anyway. Majority only make significant money by touring or live performances.
>>
File: 1462785448818.jpg (203KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
1462785448818.jpg
203KB, 752x752px
>>380246073
>Is creation club paid mods
>no
>How do I get creation club content
>you buy it

How fucking retarded does Bethesda think we are?
>>
>>380249403
>talented mod makers flock to the paid model
>nothing good left for free

stop shilling for your enemy
>>
>>380249476
Due to the collapse of the recording industry yeah, so overall it's still a net positive
>>
>>380249278
>You wouldn't be able to.
Oh yes you will be.All you gotta do is change the name and refresh the looks a bit.There will be mod 'clones' in the dozens,stolen assets that have just their colors slightly changed,stolen code that is only slightly reworked.

This is such a shitshow that i am getting deja vu of their first attemt, just dressed up to sound slightly different.
>>
they know they just have to get over the initial hurdle of criticism and autistic whining, and once they do, gaymers will accept it just like they did DLC.
>>
Why Skyrim though?
Can't they release another tes and put the creation workshop there?
Would halve the backlash and they could claim to be heroes helping the poor dumb modders.
Instead they just seem to desperately want to parasitize the community.
>>
>>380249496
>people that make things I like are my enemy
What the fuck?
>>
>>380249496
It' been like 5 years since Skyrim and 2 since FO4. Anything worth downloading has already come out. Did you forget the part where Nexus isn't going anywhere?
>>
>>380249664

because skyrim has a huge amount of mods. probably most of any game out there.
>>
>>380249403
>Who cares honestly?

People that have been with the modding communities for a decade or longer. There's quite a few of those out there and here too. Console gamers being shit on by corporations is nothing new, yes, but now they're trying to shit on the only thing that positively differentiates PC gaming from console gaming and people are thanking them for it.
>>
>>380249691
They want to work it out on Skyrim so that when the next game launches they will be ready to control all content and nexus will be kill.
>>
>>380249691

>losing potential mod makers to paid mods

>why are you guys fighting this so hard

I wonder.
>>
>>380246073
They better scrap this one fast.
>>
>>380249691
>>380249728
>>380249815
You are all forgetting that those games are shit and you shouldn't be playing them anyway.
>>
>>380249496
That's actually a pretty flawed argument against paid mods, especially when there are so many other, far more significant things.
>>
>>380249828

You forgot about how it's going to destroy modder cooperation and incentivize smaller hat-tier DLC.
>>
>>380249691
They already started limiting the ability to mod with their special editions.There is a line of events and what it leads to is the death of free mods.

Bethesda doesn't want free mods since they are not getting a cut from the donations modders get.

They need their cut.

They don't care about consumers.

They care about money.
>>
>>380249649
Your argument relies on assumptions that directly conflict with what they have said, read the faq, there is a whole application process, bethesda themselves have to localise it and test it, maybe you should wait till it is implemented, it might turn out shit, then you can riot all you want but right now it seems like you are getting angry at your own predictions.
>>
File: 761117_1309414162318_full.jpg (10KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
761117_1309414162318_full.jpg
10KB, 234x216px
modders then
>someone does all the hard work
>charges for it
>bethesda sues

modders now
>someone does all the hard work
>charges for it
>lines bethesdas pockets while they get 3%
>>
>>380249940

Name a single thing more corrosive than trying to undermine the modding community with their attempts at paid modding?

bethesda using their incentivized control system for mods for FO4 has a content guideline that dictates what can be put there and that menu is in the damn start screen of the game.

It's shit like that can easily be taken a step further
>>
>>380249496

Don't assume being talented means you will be greedy.

My experience is it's mostly the very mediocre who have delusions of grandeur about the standard of their work and think they deserve lots of compensation for their efforts.

The guys who are actually good usually have a proper high paying job anyway, as you would expect a skilled and dedicated individual to have, and are just happy with a thank you.
>>
>>380250116
>what they have said
I don't care what they say, i care on what they are doing.They are trying to implement paid mods and kill off free mods in the process.They can lie as much as they like.

Also to all shills:
Get a real job you turds.
>>
>>380249384

I said when a musician(and I do play a musical instrument myself though it's not a glamorous one but I am not a professional musician)suddenly decides to perform for whatever reason they want in an impromptu unplanned performance, they usually don't expect payment afterwards. Sometimes they just want to play or sing the song. They're not going to stop halfway through the performance and say THE REST WILL COST YOU $4.99 AND THOSE WHO DO NOT PAY MUST LEAVE AND COVER THEIR EARS.
>>
>>380250176
If people can crack Denuvo reliable, i doubt there will be a problem with "unofficial" mods. Anyone worth their salt who really considers themselves part of the modding community (ie: the good modders), will turn their back on this scheme. They've been doing it gratis with the help of donations for over a decade now.
>>
>>380249278

You can very easily just tweak several changes and bam instant new mod.
>>
File: Evil eye.jpg (15KB, 342x369px) Image search: [Google]
Evil eye.jpg
15KB, 342x369px
>>380250068
It's going to become the death of "free" mods in the truest meaning of that word. That means specific areas of the game will become nigh impossible to mod or made intentionally far more difficult to mess with, like they already did it with animations in Skyrim. It will not be too difficult for them to encrypt specific areas of their game only to allow the most basic of alterations, unless of course you sign their contracts and become a member of the creation club and achieve (((unlimited and unrestricted))) access. Just imagine that? Premium modder memberships. You think this is a bad dream? A tinfoil hat fantasy? Just sit back and watch it happen.
>>
We need to brutally murder Bethesda employees
>>
creators club would have been more easily implemented on a new game, shoving it in skyrim se and fo4 means there is nothing comming out in the foreseeable future
>>
>>380250443

>because their approaches haven't been working and backlash has kept their greed at bay

>better relax and let them pull whatever bs they want

'no'

Every single attempt or pathway needs to be fought from the outset otherwise they will think it's okay to do whatever they want. If they think it will hurt their bottomline, they will back off.
>>
>>380250505
This sounds like a horror story.The scary part is that it is happening for real.
>>
>>380250176
It has been named prior by another person. Death of modders resources, modder collaborations and licensing nightmares. Your point is valid too, but if people ignore the creation club, they do not have to obey their guidelines. You can still get "immoral" mods for fallout 4 or Skyrim.
>>
Friendly reminder that minecraft has had modders getting paid using adshekels for a while, which is significantly less jewish than what the kikes over at zenimax want.
And that this caused complete creative bankruptcy in the modding community, causing almost all new mods to be clones, derivatives or replacements of other mods, instead of new content.

The technical barrier and learning curve of minecraft modding is much higher than shithesda games, and there is almost no documentation to boot.
Whereas modding for beth games requires more art asset work over raw programming, and artists are more likely than any other group to be kikeish lazy scumbags.

Only
>a kike
>a retard
>someone paid by the kikes
could ever support paid mods
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (17KB, 1276x87px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
17KB, 1276x87px
>2k likes
What?
>>
>>380250210
This. Also do you really expect the nude mods to be going up on creation club? They're among the most popular.

>>380250601
Why are you so worried about this? 99% of the people who saw this shit hated it instantly anyway. Why would anyone willing use it
>>
Anyone else hoping this all crashes and burns horribly?
>Bethesda strangling modders more and more
>left with only shitty horse armor and backpack mods
>games sell less and less
>the only ones left would be retards who can't make good mods
>Pete Hines gets fired and is rummaging through the trash where he belongs
I'd settle for the last one desu.
>>
>>380250741
Gopherlike fucks.
>>
>>380250505
> modders will to pay franchising fee to Bethesda to join the club
>>
>>380250741
Zenimax is a big corporation.They have a lot of staff.Sony is also in support of this.You can bet your ass that they have their employees upvoting this garbage.
>>
>>380250505
>made intentionally far more difficult to mess with, like they already did it with animations in Skyrim

Skyrim is like that because internally Bethesda used a third party tool they are not allowed to distribute. They weren't going to develop something just for the modders, they have other priorities. You may as well be complaining that Bethesda deliberately made texturing hard because they didn't give you a copy of Photoshop.
>>
>>380250780

People hated horse armor too, but now it's standard to have crappy $8 cosmetic DLC in all games.
>>
File: Todd Howard.jpg (34KB, 435x347px) Image search: [Google]
Todd Howard.jpg
34KB, 435x347px
The reason he wasn't there is because he could never support something like this. He was ashamed.
>>
>>380250920
Why?
>>
>>380250780
>Why would anyone willing use it

The same people that clap on e3. The kind that earnestly believe corporations or governments have their best interests in mind.
>>
>>380250997
Because sony takes a cut of content sold on their platform?
>>
>>380251031
The people clapping are employees who have been told to clap.
>>
>>380250780

because people like you exist, trying to squirm around the logic acting as if they can be blaize about it or being a crypto shill.

They released the creation kit way late for FO4 and it hurt their modding community severely.

Why? because they waited till after all of their DLC was out first.

Because with mod kits out there, their dlc would be pointless unless you needed to buy it so modders use those assets to make you more money.

They're already doing it. They did it for skyrim too.
>>
>>380250997
>Why?
Sony will be also getting a cut from each sale on their console.Why do you think they were against free mods on PS4?
>>
>>380251031
Peopl who clap at E3 are paid to do so. The applause is a part of the show, there is nothing spontaneous about it.
>>
>>380251040
No, i was saying why would regular employes upvote?
Like "UPVOTE OR GET FIRED YOU FUCKS"?
>>
>>380251135
>crypto shill
Is this a hot new word?

Don't get me wrong, I am against it. I think it's greedy, dishonest and fucks with everyone but Bethesda's interests. I just don't think it will harm things as much as you say.
>>
>>380249691
>Did you forget the part where Nexus isn't going anywhere?

Yeah, I forgot about that since sites never ever go down.
>>
>>380250929
Yes, and next time they will use more of those tools in more areas of the game and make their shit script extender proof. And Photoshop isn't hard to get if you are dedicated enough, and I do mean licensed photoshop. Please do not use false equivalences.
>>
>>380251225
They are going to defend the company that feeds them.It is self preservation.
>>
>>380251225
Regular employees wouldn't, their marketing/PR divisions would.
>>
I think there is one thing evidently clear.

Whether you are for paid mods or against paid mods it is one thing that is prevalent is that it has completely divided a community that was once untouched by corporate meddling and was in control of creators and players.
>>
>>380251338
They will probably get some advertising gook to take over if it goes into the shitter
>>
>>380251338
>tfw so many Oblivion and Morrowind mods I've cherished are now gone, lost because I thought good things will last forever
>same thing about countless neverwinter nights 1 builds and guides
>>
>>380251397

it's always had corporate meddling, cease and desist letters, the ammo of the day.
>>
>>380251397
It has dealt the community a blow it will never recover from, some modders pulled back from the scene altogether now, only releasing their content to a small circle of followers, afraid of being plagiarized or exploited. It honestly pains me to see this.
>>
Modder here. I deserve to be compensated for my work.
>>
>>380251476
>all those lost KOTOR 1/2 mods

I feel you.
>>
>>380251397
>completely divided
You mean 90% of both modders and players against 10% human garbage and shills.
It and mods appearing on console, and the drama that caused, essentially killed modding for bethesda games
>>
Paid mod defenders are the biggest cucks on 4chan

I think they are just trying to convince themselves it will be okay because they are too lazy to fight back
>>
>>380251734
The worst part is how petty all of this is. When Steam launched its paid mod thing that lasted about 4 days, barely $1000 worth of mods was sold. This is what they divided the community for.
>>
>>380251789
I just remembered /v/lancer
>>
>>380246139

>He has such low expectations of people who make very detailed mods for free

Good to see you think so lowly of people who give you free content.
>>
>>380251820

I don't think it's killed modding for their games, I think it just forces creators to take extra steps to protect their work.

Sim settlements has donation setup, and a website and is on consoles too. Kinggath is just forced to go extra step to make sure his work and people making mods for his mod don't get their shit stolen.
>>
>>380251341

You are being ridiculous. Bethesda is under no obligation to re-invent the wheel inhouse when there are perfectly fine off the shelf products to buy just because modders want unlimited access. Bethesda is mainly in the business of selling their game, the modding support is just something extra they do.

And people really overstate how necessary script extender is. It's useful and opens some doors but a great deal of it is very niche functionality, you can still generate an enormous amount of great content just using the default setup.
>>
>>380244221
>people stop releasing free mods because they would rather send them to bethesda
>it's totally free bros
You're not fooling me Todd.
>>
>>380244221
>>380244575
Wrong

shill
>>
>>380251931
They couldn't give any less of a shit about the community if they tried, otherwise they would never pull it. It was plain as fucking day that either money or control of content were the only things that interested them. Modders were doing just fine being supported by fans that loved them, but publishers decided they need a piece of that fat market. So they gave it a try. It didn't go quite right, so now they're trying again. Should it fail, they'll back off for a while and try again and again.
>>
>>380252002
xivelrbulet is that you? Still trying to put ads in your mods?
>>
File: 1428160995277.gif (2MB, 330x270px) Image search: [Google]
1428160995277.gif
2MB, 330x270px
What happened to modding support being a good selling point in its own right? In the past devs haven't done it for the sake of their health.

>developer wants to sell more copies of a game
>put a little extra time and effort into making the it easier for consumers to tailor
>consumers continue to enjoy the game long after release through creating and sharing their own content
>developers benefit from their game staying relevant for much longer, attracting more sales over time
I guess a mutually beneficial relationship like that is too good to last.
>>
>>380251931

Yeah, but now they're launching on console. It'll be a real novelty for a PS4 player to get a fancy mudcrab mod (I'm assuming they'll allow assets with paid mods). I think they'll make a profit.
>>
>>380252302
The only reason why they backed off is valve.
Valve at least has the decency to be subtle about its kikery, zenimax definitely not.
The CEO of zenimax is a jew banned from banking due to unethical behavior, zenimax doesn't have the sense to understand that this is going to fuck them, hard.
>>
>>380252387

Stardock games have been really good for modding, Sins of a Solar Empire has some of the best mods in gaming.
>>
>>380252051
>Bethesda is under no obligation to re-invent the wheel inhouse when there are perfectly fine off the shelf products to buy just because modders want unlimited access. Bethesda is mainly in the business of selling their game, the modding support is just something extra they do.

Yes, and Bethesda can choose to further limit or rescind that support if their modding control ideas they are trying right now were to succeed. I know you might not have been paying attention to your surroundings, but would you mind listing just how easy to mod in general games have been lately? And people don't overstate how necessary the script extender is, given that SE allows you to further expand the functionality of the game and overcome engine limitations. It doesn't just "open some doors", it allows you to swim across the ocean to a new fucking continent.
>>
>>380243887
this is the same shit valve has been pulling with dota and csgo skins for years
its jewish as shit, but calling it paid mods is just wrong
>>
all about the $$$
>>
>>380252703
Except its not skins, it's actual gameplay content sold for a price.
So paid mods.
>>
>>380252387
Most games are rendered pretty much unmoddable today. Modding support being a selling point is dead due to idiots buying DLC.
>>
>>380252387
Companies like EA or Capcom does not want alterations and is against users making their own content.

Bethesda probably thinks the same thing but instead of forbidding it or making the engine of your game non-moddable they simply try to profit from the scene and make it a outsourced "job".
>>
>>380252387
Because mutually beneficial relationships are for fags. Someone did the math and figured they would make far more money by selling user-created content than they would potentially lose from the handful of people who didn't like their business practices.
>>
>>380252183
That's not how it works dumb cunt. You have to be accepted first (I am a pretty close to professional level 3d artist and I haven't been accepted yet) before you can pitch anything and anything you pitch has to be original.

There's no "oh I've got all these mods lying around, guess I can charge for them now!".
>>
>>380252387

The state of modding support has been grossly exaggerated.

There was never a time when all devs gave full sets of mod tools to gamers. There was never even a time when even just some devs gave full sets of mod tools to gamers. Very occasionally a dev gave a level editor, that's about it.

What people like id, Valve and Epic did, i.e. release almost complete toolsets, release the game code, etc., is pretty much unheard of outside those companies. Most developers keep their shit locked up pretty tight and modding is limited to whatever people can figure out from tearing the data apart. Toolsets are extremely limited if they even exist at all. Bethesda really falls somewhere in the middle for mod support, they aren't quite as bad as just a level editor but they aren't even close to people like Valve and id. Not that id is like they were anymore, now they just release level editors too.
>>
File: DUgwP3z.png (741KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
DUgwP3z.png
741KB, 900x900px
>>380248235
>it also has potential to be good

Of course. I mean... barely a couple of seconds after the first announcement we were already seeing the good thing about the system.
>>
>>380245232
I have news for you, they already outsource. How is selling your content to a huge number of people pocket change? If only 500k people buy a thing for 1 dollar, that's still a lot of money.

I mean you should expect to pay hundreds and thousands of dollars per game instead of the mere $50 pocket change.
>>
>>380253047
And they will get away with it unless the backlash becomes overwhelming and both shills and delusional idiots alike get drowned out by the tide of rage. It's the most base and stupid solution imaginable, but it's the simplest and most effective in this particular situation. Drown them in negative feedback. Of course it'd be best if all of it was articulated and constructive, pointing out the flaws and refuting any excuses, but it's not like the shills will not pull their typical "only mad conspiracy theorists are opposing the obviously beneficial improvement and promise of quality control of Bethesda Softworks and Zenimax Media."
>>
wat any decent mods for your shitty bethesda game? you'll never get any of those without paying and the amount of free mods will be much smaller because every asset flipper and good modder wants to make money

you'll have to pirate your mods too lmao
>>
>>380253274
What about GMod and Paradox games
>>
>>380253206
Do you really think people actually trust bethesda you massive fucking retarded kike?
>haha it's not going to be like it was before we promise goy
Retard.
>>
Daily reminder that Valve lost 1 million dollars due to email server overload.

If you haven't emailed Bethesda today, you are a cuck.
>>
>>380253206
You're more retarded than you look. What's stopping modders from devoting all their time to trying to please Bethesda so they can get that sweet money?
>>
>>380253598
I don't think any of that was relevant at all to what I said. Did you reply to the correct post?
>>
File: 1474120692894.png (500KB, 792x716px) Image search: [Google]
1474120692894.png
500KB, 792x716px
Who Premium Mod Pirate here?
>>
>>380246052
Yes it is you retard.

>>380245771

I literally only play skyrim with default UI and it works fine. It's not like it's difficult...
>>
>>380253676
Sure, doesn't mean that there isn't a huge amount of misinformation about this whole practice flying around.

90% of people here haven't even fucking read the page about the program.
>>
>>380245757
You're a dumb faggot who doesn't get it yet. What are they gonna do about modders who steal ideas but not code? Are they gonna pick the best weather mod, the best water mod, the best city revamp mod etc. do you have ANY idea the amount of salt will flow from this?
>>
I don't even get it, have they forgotten the backlash from paid mods already? Are they just gonna reword the same thing again and again until enough casuals buy into it to make it work?
>>
>>380253274
I guess Heroes of Might and Magic or Dawn of War didn't exist either. Or Arma. Or Unreal.
>>
>>380253837
Zenimax's CEO was banned from banking due to unethical behavior, he's not just a kike, he's a stupid kike.
Of course they're going to keep trying.
>>
>>380253837
That's the plan.
>>
>>380243887
why you didnt boycotted Bethesda after Fallout 4? Even if Dishonored, Prey and Doom is good, they didnt deserve my money.
>>
all i want to know is:
who will be setting the prices for these fucking paid mods?
>>
>>380253973
I did. Don't know about anyone else in here.
>>
File: 13923588708372.png (141KB, 365x366px) Image search: [Google]
13923588708372.png
141KB, 365x366px
NO MORE LIES TODD

THIS ENDS HERE
>>
If there are guarantees that all mods will work (unlikely) and there are no conflicts (unlikely) I don't see a problem with it. The revenue split also needs to be way more in favor of the modder than Bethesda.

Those are some pretty big ifs.
>>
File: It happened in your lifetime.png (26KB, 680x413px) Image search: [Google]
It happened in your lifetime.png
26KB, 680x413px
>>
File: 1481155471871.png (978KB, 1000x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1481155471871.png
978KB, 1000x1411px
>>380254167
those aren't just if's, those are impossibilities
very funny anon
>>
File: Pirate.jpg (34KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate.jpg
34KB, 500x374px
>>380254246
>Luckily, we have a mod for that too

Never change, pirate bros.
>>
File: 1470805213261.jpg (240KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470805213261.jpg
240KB, 720x720px
HAHAHA Fuck you guys, I'm buying both TEW2 and Wolf2
>>
>>380253837
backlash are meaningless if they make a profit

They will try again and again knowing braindeads will eat their shit eventually.
>>
>>380253592
>>380253842

You guys can name as many games with limited mod support, including ones because of Valve and Epic even though I already specifically called then out as being unusually good, as much as you want. In the grand scheme of things the vast majority of devs have not officially supported modding or providing any tools beyond the occasional level editor.

There's a good reason so much shit was born out of mods for a very small number of games; very, very few provided that degree of end user mod support.
>>
>>380254391
>I enjoy being fucked in the ass by a fat jew shriveled jew
>>
>>380244313
Horse armor
>>
>>380244750
All mods are bethesdas IP, modders don't own shit, bethesda can do whatever they want with them.
>>
>>380254531
More like i like awesome games.
>>
File: 1466431174923.jpg (431KB, 1920x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1466431174923.jpg
431KB, 1920x1602px
>>380254531
>modcuck is this fucking mad
Glorious
>>
>>380254495
>you can name as many examples as you want, I'm still right
Wow that's a great arguing technique, I'm gonna definitely use that one myself from now on
>>
>>380254624
Mods – yes.
Resourses for mods – nyet.
>>
What are the chances that Bethesda will use shadier tactics to try to stop free mods that aren't in their club?
>>
>>380254820
100%
>>
>>380254495
We're not just talking about mod support here, we are also talking about moddability and capability for modding. Those things can exist independently from mod support. You also shot yourself in the foot there as well. If mods are such a small and insignificant thing, why the sudden push to monetize them. Done not just once but twice now? It's also pretty apparent you have no idea what you're talking about because a tremendous amount of games has been modded and improved on PC, even some of the games protected by "anti tampering software".
>>
>>380254683
Wrong. "Artist's Vision" in bethesda games is horrible shit.
>>
>>380254729

Seriously, retard, if we start listing all the games that support modding and all the games that don't which list do you think is going the be the longest by a very large margin?

Are you some pcmasterrace moron that bought into the meme or something? I bet you think Steam saved PC gaming too.
>>
>>380254391
Im pirating both
>>
>>380254683
but wheres the third picture that shows the actual product that is being sold?
because for bethesda their products are buggy pieces of shit
>>
>>380254495
Not the anons you are replying to but what I was originally getting at is that historically having good modding support in and of itself can greatly increase the success of a game and/or engine, and I was lamenting the fact that some developers clearly think this isn't a good enough deal for them and would rather squeeze consumers for more cash.
>>
>>380254683
Epic shitpost, bro. Also, to address that shitpost abortion of a picture you posted, video games aren't static works of art, they can be interpreted, re-interpreted and reinvisioned without offending the original.
>>
>>380254963
I should've figured you were a consolefag who's mad about only getting mods when he pays for them
PC gaming never needed saving
>>
Do the people who make these decisions have any self reflection? Like perhaps this move is a bit too greedy? Must be a complete sociopath to enact these policies.
>>
>>380254820

It's definitely in the future, but not in the near one.

I could see them sending letters to LL/Ashal to stop the development of Sexlab for TESVI. They'll kill it before it can even get going.
>>
>>380254820
Bethseda will try to buy the nexus.
>>
are they using this to test the eventual mod system for TES VI?
>>
>>380254909
>why the sudden push to monetize them

Three companies, Valve, Blizzard and Bethesda, does not equate to some massive industry wide push. There can't be an industry wide push because most companies don't support modding at all. And Valve and Blizzard have already been doing it for years, Bethesda is playing catch up here.
>>
File: vanilla_v_modded.jpg (3MB, 1745x2115px) Image search: [Google]
vanilla_v_modded.jpg
3MB, 1745x2115px
>>380254683
>implying beth games aren't broken, buggy, piles of shit that NEED mods to survive
Also, I can cherry pick too, watch
>>
>>380246426
Remember when Microsoft introduced paid multiplayer with 360 and everybody laugh it off as being abandoned with the next gen? Well...
>>
>>380243887
>this picture

lmao, you won't boycott shit and this person will buy elder scrolls 6 without a doubt when its out
>>
>>380255286
These three companies are the flagships of the fucking industry, especially Valve that pretty much has the most massive and successful game distribution market out there. You're trying to both goylogic and false equivalence your way out of this, this is just ridiculous now. Neither Valve nor blizzard were doing actual paid mods. Selling skins for characters is not the same, no. When Valve tried it for real, it failed. It will be no different when zenimax will try it.
>>
>>380255451

I do remember this, dlc was shit on hard, at first. Now it's an industry standard.

>on disc dlc
>>
>>380244221
>They also have a rule that modders can't take their previous mods and change them into CC content.
*only applies to mods on Beth.net
Shitheads can still steal mods from the Nexus or anywhere else and send them in to the Creation Club. They never bothered to curate this shit back when it was free, no way they'll start doing it now that there's money to be earned. It'll be fun to watch this shit burn all over again.
>>
>>380255149

Fuck off.

I've been playing PC games since the fucking 80s. That is why I know "PC games have mod support" is largely bullshit and always has been.

I don't care that you can hack away at the data files to swap textures of character meshes around. That is not meaningful mod support, you can do the same shit with console games.
>>
>>380255359
>that modded overdesigned abomination
Thanks for proving my point, modcuck
>>
>>380254683
>game is subjectively boring and bland
>modder adds stuff to the game
>game is now subjectively fun to play
>people can tailor their subjective experience with available mods
>people can become contributers by making mods
>community of modders and mod consumers forms around a game through mutual enjoyment

Paid mods just make it so "mod maker" is some poorly paid DLC developer position instead of a part of the community.
Accepting donations as a mod maker is something different entirely. It means you contribute so much the community they are willing to pay you for your time to speed up development.
>>
>>380255770
>simple boring game
>literally years of content
Just because you're a brainlet doesn't mean everyone else should suffer.
>>
>>380255759
Mod support and moddability are two different things. There has been an attempt to mod almost any PC game that existed, with some notable exceptions, even those protected by Denuvo were modded.
>>
>>380255729
Not him but I don't see how they'll enforce it at all.

How the fuck are they going to define "original content?" what if two different people come up with similar NCR outfits for armor. One uploads to nexus the other to creation shit and then what? Does Bethesda call one a fake and unoriginal and another not?
>>
>>380255451
>with 360
Didn't OG Xbox already have paid multiplayer?
>>
all those shills
zenimax in full damage contril
>>
>>380255493
>Selling skins for characters is not the same, no.

So selling community made mods is not selling community made mods when it shows you are wrong? Gotcha.

By the way, Valve is selling plenty of mods, e.g. GMod, Black Mesa, etc.
>>
>>380255971

xboxlive was on the xbox heug. It was paid there too
>>
>>380256093
Cosmetic skins =/= gameplay content. Shill.
Also, the paid mods that valve sells are literally full games and are just mods to the base source enginer.
>>
>>380255945
Exactly. Even if they did want to enforce some sort of policy on this, fuckers can just download a mod from a third party site, change it up a bit, then send it in to CC and just act as though the whole thing just coincidentally looks almost the same. Mod authors will probably start needing to put in hidden signatures in their assets in order to circumvent this shit in the future. And if it's still prevalent, there's also a big chance that they'll just abandon modding Beth games entirely so there's the benefit of finally having those games just die out due to the community being shat on.
>>
>>380247784
wow did you miss the point faggot.

point was nobody fucking threw a fit when Valve did it
>>
Don't forget to boycott all zenimax/bethesda products on all platforms.
>>
>>380243887
>loosers

Its spelled "loser" and the opposite of a "win" is a "loss". "Loose" is the adjective to describe the state of your moms pussy.

Can you fucking ESL faggots stop shitting up my video games with your terrible English?
>>
File: 3f1cad3a24009025.jpg (174KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
3f1cad3a24009025.jpg
174KB, 1280x960px
Isn't modding dying anyway?

I feel like every Bethesda game has had a smaller number of mods than the one before it, as in there were an incredible shitload for Morrowind, a ton for Oblivion, a lot for Fallout 3, a meager amount for Skyrim and fucking nothing for Fallout 4
>>
>consolefags pay for better quality mods
>PC users pirate those mods
How is this a loss for me as a PC player again? I'm happy for idiots to subsidize my hobby.
>>
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.
They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.
I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole
I am really excited.
>>
You could just not buy stuff you don't like.

Crazy.
>>
>>380247764
>Do you know what is the really scary part?
>I am not the only one.

lol you sound like a tumblr leftard
>>
>someone sells Mud Crab Armor
>steal it, recolor it black
>sell Onyx Mud Crab Armor for $4.99

thank you Todd truly you are gamers' greatest ally
>>
>>380256428
t. a looooser

Fuck off shill and stop trying to derail this thread.Death to the creation club and zenimax's jewery!
>>
>>380244058
"I'm going to dislike this video, that ought to show them!"
>>
>>380256471
>>380256539
>>380256528
>>380256559
Perish, shill.
>>
>>380253953
Source, this sounds hilarious. How the fuck do you get banned from banking?
>>
>>380256471
It picked up a lot for Skyrim, probably due to the 'nicer' graphics leading to better quality sex mods and weapons/armor packs. FO4 has a smaller amount of mods compared to Skyrim with a lot of them being the same type of cheat mod over and over again. I really don't understand why anyone would need a cheat mod on PC, why not just use the fucking console commands?
>>
>>380256254
>Cosmetic skins =/= gameplay content

So all those "cosmetic skins" for Skyrim aren't really mods then? What a wonderful arbitrary definition you've pulled out of your ass.

Give it up.

>the paid mods that valve sells are literally full games and are just mods to the base source enginer
Still mods. They are just more specifically referred to as total conversion mods.
>>
>>380256539

>this foreign farm shill copypastaing positive responses into the thread

nig pls,
>>
>>380256770
Hey >>380256471
here

What the fuck am I shilling, I'm pointing out that the mod scene has become garbage on its own and Bethesda is trying to fuck a corpse
>>
>>380256689
''i will bring visibility to shit turdpie and drag a ton of negative press''

Bad publicity and community outrage drive sales down and erode investor trust.Zenimax need their investors love.If this PAIDS MODS 2.0 cashgrab starts to stink too much they will remove it.
>>
>Destroy modding
>Destroy your chances of the next Elders Scrolls/Fallout being fixed by mods
Great going Todd
>>
File: 1497255040187.jpg (236KB, 1006x830px) Image search: [Google]
1497255040187.jpg
236KB, 1006x830px
>>380243887
>>
>>380256810
>game build from the ground up is a total conversion mod

And it's not surprising you can't tell the difference between DLC content and user made content that is free, you fucking kike.
>>
>>380256471
Skyrim is bigger than Oblivion by an entire order of magnitude, you must be retarded if you can't even see the numbers on Nexus and other sites.
>>
>>380256789

pretty easily, i mean most high-level banksters are absolutely scandalous criminals. after they accidentally the global economy they funneled some money into aggressively pushing Identity Politics to divide & conquer Occupy
>>
>>380256992
>79.95$
WHAT THE FUCK???
>>
>>380256892
>Why bother pushing back against paid mods, the modding is dead anyway
>not shill logic

Bethesda games aren't the only games being modded.
>>
>>380257084
its actually 60 dollars if youre in the US, which is still way too much for the same fucking game like wtf just update fallout 4 and give it vr capabilities?????
>>
So hypothetical i had last night lads. Lets say some mod maker makes something and gets it pushed out via the creation club, something simple, like say some new enemy or something, Crap armor lets say. Odds are you will never buy it.

But now lets say, that same modder, or even a friend of the modder, makes an amazing mod thats totally bitching and great, BUT since the crab armor is official DLC, they say, OH you have to have that mod in order to run this one, forcing you to buy the stupid crab armor.
>>
File: 1477863203286.png (211KB, 364x673px) Image search: [Google]
1477863203286.png
211KB, 364x673px
>>380256992
>Not free for Fallout 4 owners
>>
>>380256992
>resells the game at full price
>probably doesn't have all the DLCs included either
Lmao they really want to kill VR don't they? The Doom VFR shit was particularly horrendous and I bet that's full price too.
>>
>>380256992
>sell the same game twice
>the goyim fall for it, every time
>>
>>380256789

It's bullshit. The government tried to prosecute him for something some other people were doing just because "he should have known" and lost their case horrendously. Out of spite they banned him from the financial sector.

I'm no friend of bankers but this is one of those very few cases were legitimately he didn't do anything wrong. Well, at least he didn't do the thing they accused him of.
>>
>>380256789
>Source, this sounds hilarious.
Wikipedia, which cites the NYT.
One article which mentions it:
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/09/03/business/friendship-washington-bank-trail-money-leading-bcci-they-bought-stock-with.html?pagewanted=all
>How the fuck do you get banned from banking?
By getting caught, they all do it, but he was one of the dumb ones.
>>
>>380256992
>same game
>but it has the VR gimmick!
>60 bones again
this company kek
>>
File: 2016-10-12_12.14.10.png (315KB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-12_12.14.10.png
315KB, 1920x1058px
>>380255894
>Just because you're a brainlet doesn't mean everyone else should suffer.
The two screenshots in >>380255359 are almost completely different games though. Sure one expands on the other through mods but different people enjoy different things.
Some people like building comfy houses with shitty legos while others like building complex logistics between black boxes and this has nothing to do with being a "brainlet".
>>
>>380253386
Hope he killed himself when they pulled off the paid mods from steam.
>>
File: ancap.png (200KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancap.png
200KB, 547x402px
Feels good to be a pirate during these end times of gaming.
>>
>>380257036
>>game build from the ground up is a total conversion mod

I'm sorry, you think GMod and Black Mesa were built from the ground up? And you think I'm the idiot? You are a complete and utter fucking moron.
>>
>>380256559
This is your defense? Really?

Jesus, at least pretend a little better.
>>
What are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>380257542
I'm going to furiously not buy mods.
>>
File: f4d.gif (499KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
f4d.gif
499KB, 387x305px
>tfw when you pirate the game
>tfw when you pirate the dlc
>tfw when you pirate the mods
And in the end, it's the guys who actually pay for this shit who suffer. Remember, you are going to end up paying for bullets in FPS soon.
>>
>>380257351
>they're two completely different games
Exactly
Beth's vision for their games is shit, just like minecraft, though minecraft is a case of too many cooks rather than sheer retardation and jerwery.
Modders can do better and have done better.

And there are massive expansions for the buildy bit as well, the logistics thing was the only picture I had on hand.
"muh vision" is a poor argument when 99% of the time, the original vision is shit.
>>
>>380257617
Until they make something you want.
>>
>>380257542
there are some good suggestion of taking action on forums and review sites in this thread
>>
>>380257542
Piss and moan impotently on an internet echo chamber, then pay $60 for the next Bethesda release like a good goy. Anyone spewing bile over this is only doing it because they know they're trapped, anyone with enough conviction to not pay for Bethesda games has already moved on with their life.
>>
>>380257631
> you are going to end up paying for bullets in FPS soon

It's already an option in the new Deus Ex game, kek.
>>
>>380257687
Without the SKSE/SkyUI they will not have anything good.
>>
>>380247695
They've slowed down massively because Skyrim is 7 years old and still gets re-released and Fallout 4 is an abomination that even mods can't fix and nobody wants to touch.
>>
>>380257709

Concentrated push to undermine this thing before it's out of the cradle would be a good start.

Creating easily shared images that can show how this will funnel into paid mods and destroy modding community.
>>
>>380257631
im prob just gonna pirate bethesda games from now on fuck todd
>>
>>380256992
>there are people right now right here who will buy this.
>>
>>380257858
To afford VR you need to have a job.
>>
>>380257218
I wouldn't be surprised. A mod that depends on another mod for it to work properly, like say the Armorsmith mod that's pretty much a good foundation for any armor mod if they want to have a good and balanced experience when they add a new armor or armor pack. What if Armorsmith is a paid mod and another armor pack requires Armorsmith to work properly? Would the player need to buy both? Would there be a discounted price? Would they be bundled together? Would the mod authors even want to work together then since money is now in the mix? What if the armor pack is a paid mod but depends on Armorsmith which is free? It probably wouldn't be much of an issue but would Beth allow the armor pack's description to include how it requires Armorsmith which can be downloaded from the Nexus? Consolefags would definitely not be able to benefit from something from the Nexus at all, so would that mean that armor pack is broken for them with no fix at all?

I sincerely doubt Beth actually considered all of this shit before taking the plunge. It's even funnier because this is the second time they've pulled this completely retarded move.
>>
>>380247974
If you can't tell the difference between that and a legit copypasta, you've got to be retarded. There's a nuance to copypasta.
>>
>>380257921
What kind of job?
>>
>>380251778

(you)
>>
>>380257921
Or you can just wait for someone to mod the game for VR.
Oh wait, mods will cost money too so fuck it.
>>
>>380243887
Guys guys, calm down please. It's not PAID MODS.

It's just mods, that you pay for.

They never fucking learn.
>>
>>380244750
what are they going to sue for? loss of earnings... oh wait.
>>
>>380256471
It's because each engine is more and more restrictive.
To this day there is no mod that overhauls the physics, stats, and movement options of Skyrim to be like that of Oblivion or Morrowind.

They raise the importance of mods more and more in their marketing each time. But they also make modding more and more restrictive every time.
>>
>>380251778
The only thing you deserve is a nuclear holocaust.
>>
>>380257973
The big one i have always brought up, the script extenders. IIRC the author of the script extenderes out right has said, you can not use my mod for monetary gain. Thats like the building blocks of all mods too.
>>
>>380258387
Nigger, Sony and MS will never allow script extenders on their consoles so they're a non-issue in this case.
>>
>>380258387

Any impediment to their idea can be easily remedied. They could make their own script extender and undercut them.
>>
>>380258223
And you pay with credits, not with dollars :^)
>>
>>380258252
>But they also make modding more and more restrictive every time.

This is objectively not true.

You aren't actually a modder, are you? You don't actually know what you are talking about, do you?
>>
File: todd.jpg (24KB, 357x292px) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
24KB, 357x292px
>>380258223
No, you just exchange them for bethesda credits.
>inb4 how do i get credits
STOP BEING SO ENTITLED AND BUY MY GAME!!!
>>
>>380258529
not worryed about console fags, this is for PC. >>380258570
The thing is they would not seed to, its all in house, the they just forgo the script extender.
>>
>>380256992

Aren't most VR games overpriced?
>>
>>380257809
It does not need to be just about skyrim you know
Future games
>>
>>380258763
If you're going on dollars to hours of play time, Fallout 4 might be the cheapest VR game ever at that price.

>Psst, wanna buy a cool 15 minute """experience""" for $20?
>>
>>380257687

It'll be all shitty cosmetic mods. You can see this clearly with how they're recruiting single modders and not modder teams, the kind that can create stuff like Beyond Skyrim: Bruma.
>>
>>380258387
Well, there you go. It didn't even cross my mind to consider the script extenders. That already cancels out a shitload of mods and only leaves model packs and textures.

>>380258570
That's assuming Beth aren't the lazy ass bastards that they are. They wouldn't need to create script extenders per se but they will need to either allow the mod author access to the game's source code so that they can make whatever scripts it is that they need to get their mod running which may or may not result in conflicts with other mods or even the main game itself, or Beth will just have to get off their lazy ass and get to work on making the necessary changes themselves in order to accommodate the mod author's vision. The most realistic scenario would be that they just tell reject the mod entirely because they're too lazy to do anything and didn't even think this shit through at all.
>>
>>380258601
The engine itself can't handle as much. I mean, as far as memory and crap is concerned it sure can do a lot more. But otherwise? No.

I mean you can write your whole damn skill system ontop of Skyrim's and just roll with that instead. But that's circumventing the issue rather than fixing it. And it's the same with the physics. Skyrim is totally fucked.
>>
You can put in hats without the script extender...probably not many hats or the game would crash. but yeah like almost the entirety of TES/FO modding was built around the script extender that does technical shit to make Bethesda's incredibly dilapidated engine able to actually run without crashing after sticking the mods in there or some shit.
>>
>>380258965
Since it needs to be localized for every region you won't even see follower mods unless Bethesda pays for multiple language voiceovers, which they never will.
>>
>>380256420
Because Valve started DotA that way.

Bethesda games have had free mods from conception. "Why am I going to buy this thing that I used to get for free??"

Also, can modders still make free mods?
>>
I just want some motherfucking quest/new lands mods that I'll end up pirating instead of garbage mods like "haha here's le sweetroll mudcrab that'll be $5.00 with tax".
>>
>>380243887
I thought the last thrashing had taught them a lesson.
Guess we have to pow them in the kisser even harder this time.
Until they fucking learn to associate bad ideas with pain and they stop doing shit like this.
>>
File: Bethesda Offices.jpg (130KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda Offices.jpg
130KB, 992x558px
When?
>>
>>380259217
>Also, can modders still make free mods?
Yup.
>>
>>380258387
>Thats like the building blocks of all mods too.

No, the vast majority of mods don't require SKSE.
>>
>>380259263

Never, stop being a child. Shit like this will undercut us trying to stop them from destroying modding community.
>>
>>380259217
>Also, can modders still make free mods?
Yes you spastic, and most will have to since they're only accepting good stuff and not DDProductions83 tier stickytape and paperclips modding.
>>
>>380259410
Crappy ones?
>>
>>380256471
>meagre amount for skyrim

Nigga have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>380259030

Are there things hardcoded in the engine? Yes, always been this way. Have improvements to aspects of the engine, e.g. physics, meant that you can no longer directly change certain variables but have to go via the proper mechanisms? Yes. Can you do less with mods in Skyrim than you could in Oblivion or Morrowind? Fuck no. This is so false it's ridiculous.
>>
>>380259467
>they're only accepting good stuff
They announced the CC with shit like a mudcrab reskin, power armor reskin and a gauss rifle in the video anon. The cheapest of those was the mudcrab reskin for 150 Todd Points or something.
>>
>>380259412
Fuck your shit, I'll do it even more just to spite you then you redditspawned faggot.
>>
>>380259684
Yeah, and the visual quality is decent. If you made some amateur hour shit they wouldn't accept it.
>>
>>380259716

>this falseflagging shill trying to make pro-community modders look bad.
>>
>>380259263
I wonder how developers would react if someone did go oklahoma city on the Bethesda offices.
>>
File: sairiaoh.png (337KB, 606x681px) Image search: [Google]
sairiaoh.png
337KB, 606x681px
>A game studio who's entire fucking game lineup is held up only by its modding community
>Wants to destroy that aspect by destroying the modding community by trying to cannibalize it for a quick buck

And this is how bethesda becomes valve tier
>>
>>380259410
yeah textues and reskins WOOOOOO hard core guys, i made my dragonbone sword look like forstmorne
>>
>>380259779
If you say so my man.
>>
>>380259508

No. Even Frostfall/Campfire doesn't require it; it just loses the MCM and a couple of UI functions without.

RaceMenu and Sexlab are the only ones I can think of that NEED SKSE completely and not just for say the MCM.
>>
>>380259796
>>380259716
>>380259412
it is like a self-contained parody act
>>
>>380259508
Simple =/= crappy, the vast majority of the ~200 mods I use on their games aren't using a script extender.
>>
>>380259840
Not even valve was this shitty.
>>
>>380259820
I remember how an anon decided to go to Valve HQ to file a complaint personally. They were completely unprepared for something like that.
>>
>>380259894
>i made my dragonbone sword look like forstmorne
This raises another question, what about mods that rip models and textures from other games? Would authors be allowed to monetise these?
>>
>>380259796
You're a childish piece of shit that makes up and projects not just actions, but intentions. You can't seem to live in a world were others might disagree with you in some way, so you pretend that they don't and try to remove their agency.
It's escapism. Stop doing it. Take a step back and recognize how unhealthy it is.
>>
>>380259840
You PC people are hilarious
You really think the console sales have not been the real strength of the whole skyrim saga?
get real
>>
>>380259894
Are you implying this isn't exactly the sort of diarrhea that console players will lap up?

>>380260035
Nexus won't even host mods with rips from studios who haven't given the public OK to do it, so I doubt Bethesda will with the added lawsuit incentive of monetization on top of it.
>>
>>380259796
You sound like the worst of redditniggers pushing gamergate/chanology/whateverflavourofthemonth

Quit being such a queer or you make people want to side against you.
>>
>Zenimax CEO: (((Robert Altman)))

Every time
>>
>>380260113
>fails to realise that the modding community is entirely PC-based
>>
>>380247523
Yeah, it is the same.

I boycotted all Valve games too, to prove the same point. You just can't tell because there's only like 3 of them active and they're all f2p anyway
>>
>>380259796
>pro-community

jesus christ
>>
>>380260068

>Using a picture of the oklahoma city bombing in connection with you not wanting paid mods to undermine modding community

>won't immediately make everyone else look bad

Either an idiot or a shill. Either way, no.
>>
>>380260298
>fails to realize that the money is there to incentivize console-friendly modding
>>
>>380260362
>Redditposting
>>
>>380259508

Ever actually looked at what SKSE does? It's mostly very niche functions and some runtime fucking around with object. Most mods only use it because they use SkyUI or something which is purely a user convenience thing.

I think the only thing from SKSE I've ever personally used is mod events. That's legitimately really fucking useful for mod interoperability.
>>
>people mod all of oblivion and morrowind into skyrim
>but they still can't make skyrim play like either of oblivion or morrowind
Why are Skyrim mods so useless?
>>
>>380260362
Look at this shill, trying to work overtime to get people to stand down and take their shit like good little children.
>n-no, don't blow someone up
>If you kill your enemies, they win!
>>
>>380260002
>implying
When was the last time valve actually release a game that was developed entirely in house and not a mod they slapped their name on?

Are we forgetting about the workshop? And the fact that valve pretty much produces no content for their games, effectively already doing "paid mods"

Remember all the custom content you'd find on 1.6/source/HL2 deathmatch servers? Remember how much of that content pretty much doesnt exist anymore because people want their paid mods to mean something like their shitty CS:GO skins or TF2 hats?

Or the fact that they're selling asset flips and newgrounds tier games on their marketplace, flooding the market and making it harder for legitimate games to actually compete?
>>
>>380260113
You mean how Bethesda became big thanks to Morrowind and Oblivion saved them from sinking completely and both of the console releases of those games were godawful? The delusion is strong here.
>>
>>380260524

I'm the shill? you're the same kind of asshat that got media attention on corruption in journalism turned towards MRAs, you blind fucking fool.
>>
>>380253206
>trusting a company like bethesda who has tried it in the past

fucking hate you fanboy shills
>>
>>380260524

No, asshole. if you start out of the gate with the wrong message, they use it against you or are you not old enough to understand wanting to bomb someone's offices might make the entire group look bad? Fucking faggot.
>>
/r/modpiracy/

>inb4 leddit Xddd
>>
>>380260602
>this fucking nigga thinks Bethesda made their money off PC sales
Leave. Leave and never return you actual fucking literal retard.
>>
>>380260623
Just as I expected, you are one of those redditnig gamergate queers. No sense of humor, no sense of passion, no sense of self-sacrifice.
Stop being such a faggot on 4chan.
>>
>>380260802
>modpiracy
Thank you Bethesda for bringing this into the world.
>>
>>380249128
s/GAME/MODS/
>>
>>380260816
>nigga
>literal
>consolefag
>delusional

Kek
>>
File: 911.jpg (72KB, 795x470px) Image search: [Google]
911.jpg
72KB, 795x470px
>>380260797
Stop trying to police me you fucking idiot. Everything you say just makes me want to joke about terrorist bombings more just to spite you.
>>
>>380261073
Do it faggot, the sooner you're on a watchlist the better. Threaten the president while you're at it, just to make sure.
>>
>>380260904

Nah, mod piracy existed before this because of all the dramaqueen modders who like to take down their mods for stupid reasons. Like Apollodown (Civil War Overhaul) who was so butthurt that Trump won he quit modding forever.
>>
>>380260824

>Everyone wants to keep mods free
>I know I'll act like a child and go around talking about bombing their offices
>that won't look bad at all

Holster your cock sleeve. Learn before typing and you might actually figure out people know what they're talking about and you're just delusional enough to not listen.

You show constructive reasons why a paid gated community for mods is a bad thing and incentivizes and destroys the thing you're trying to tap into = good way to prevent them from hurting their own financial interests.

>Hurr lets blow up a building guize
>some clickbait journalist strolls by
>these assholes want to attack gaming companies because they want to add change to their community
>those neckbeards just won't let anyone in
>mra, mra mra etc
>anita shows up to make a video about how terrible it is

>not begging for entire modding community to be subverted by their business tactics.

Either say you're just in it to fuck with people or fuck off because you're not helping you underage douchebag.
>>
>>380260402
Oh hey, that's pretty great actually. Beth is giving me a way to nickle and dime consoletards directly.
>>
>>380261014
Show me the sales numbers that put PC ahead of consoles in dollars earned. And no, you can't shift the goalposts to "Well this game sold more on PC because it's been on sale for $6 in every Steam sale for the last 5 years!"
>>
I'm boycotting Bethesda as well. How can they rape one of the largest modding communities like this?

And fuck it, when TES VI comes out I'll just torrent it.
>>
>>380261073

I don't give a shit if you went on a bombing spree you underage faggot. Just go do it somewhere else. When they kill you, think of me.
>>
>>380246073
I see literally no problem with it desu
>>
>>380261170
Wow anon, I can't believe you said you wanted to kill trump. Figures a redditor like you would want to hurt the legally and officially elected president.
>>
>>380243887

TRYING TO KILL GAMING? HAHAHAH holy shit get a job
>>
>>380261293
If you have the skills I absolutely encourage you to do it. There's no reason not to get your slice of that pie, especially if you have no good name in the modding community to protect.
>>
>>380260540

I think Valve abandoned Steam Workshop when they found out making a generic catch-all mod tool for all games was actually really, really hard. so the workshop ended up being a half-assed abandoned mess.

>you were never even able to set mod load order with Steam Workshop

i mean, come on, that's a basic necessity
>>
>>380261462
>TRYING TO KILL GAMING? HAHAHAH holy shit get a job
Most states don't allow grade schoolers to work.
>>
>>380261489
I honestly just might do it. I hate their games enough that I want their fanbase to feel that they're being exploited.
>saturate the CC with a bunch of mudcrab reskins and 20 new armor and weapon models, all of which are individual items and not a part of a pack
>roll in dosh from retarded console fucks
>eventually, fanbase realise how expensive it is to make the game good and pay less attention to the sequels
>>
File: 1497355156765.jpg (844KB, 1920x2403px) Image search: [Google]
1497355156765.jpg
844KB, 1920x2403px
>>380254683
you forgot the mod that fixes all the bugs that bethesda left in the game because they're faggots, the mod that improves the ui because the game was designed for consoles, the mod that removes the shitty color filter because everything needs to be GREEN/ORANGE/YELLOW, the mod that fixes bethesda's shitty texture fuckups, the mod that restores cut content, and the mod that
>>
>>380261829
the mod that makes the gameplay work the way it's supposed to
>>
>>380261783
If they're curating the market like they say they are you won't be able to Steam Workshop it, but you might be able to redpill consolecucks. Especially if you make all the amazing looking weapons have shitty stats.
>>
>>380261591
>you were never even able to set mod load order with Steam Workshop

That's not really where the responsibility for that function should reside. The application itself should handle it and, to be fair, it does in the launcher.
>>
>>380261263
>>380261371
I don't give a single shit about what you retards say. Everything you say makes me want to suggest it more just to spite little faggots like you. I hate the idea of paid mods, but annoying neckbearded underage faggots like you are annoying me far more right now.
I've been around to see your kind of grandstanding before. You'll try to make it a movement, and you'll just fucking embarrass yourself.
Just stop responding to me. You literally can not win and nothing you say can possibly convince me otherwise because of the way you say it, and you say it that way because of the queer you are at your core. You can't even help it.
>>
They do it because they know that once they have there modding community by the balls and under the paid system, they know they can scam out millions of people under the promise of a mod that "may" work

They never cared, the only reason paid mods left on steam was because Valve said no no, without Valve Bethesda would still be on steam abusing players and getting even more money

Now that they have a club with paid mods, they will openly mock everyone who hates it, make fun of them, steal there mods and tell them "fuck you, we own your ass"

Welcome to the beginning of companies controlling the way we play at a money level.
>>
I'm just going to stop playing video games. I'm just through with it.
>>
>>380255759
I remember it being on Doom in 93/94 with .wads, but wouldn't doubt there was stuff prior to that.
>>
>>380260268
Um, anti-semitism is NOT okay and won't help our cause, okay? So stop it now or I'll report you.
Jewish people are just like everyone.
>>
File: 1489401513184.jpg (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489401513184.jpg
138KB, 640x480px
>>380244215
>Or the future of gaming?

Oh the little keyboard Warrior thinks he is actually getting drafted into a war
How cute
>>
>>380255729
>They never bothered to curate this shit back when it was free
They did a bit
They removed killable children from Beth.net pretty quickly
>>
File: 1497309168779.png (220KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1497309168779.png
220KB, 500x372px
>>380247057
>those dislikes
Don't like it? Dont use it
Stop complaining
>>
>>380244215
THIS IS IT GUYS

PAIDMODGATE WE CAN DO IT!!!
>>
>>380262251

think they'll catch the mod that allows you to turn fully grown women into lollis through the size editor?
>>
>>380261961
Yeah but I'm guessing if shit like a mudcrab reskin and all the other reskin mods that were in the CC announcement video were able to get through, then this idea would be able to go through too. It doesn't take much to create a decent looking piece of equipment anyway. I might even get a head start and create some now so when this shit comes around, I can just gradually send in some shit over time.
>if you make all the amazing looking weapons have shitty stats.
Great idea. I'll just make them look better than anything in the base game (which isn't hard) but make them have lower stats than, say, Ebony armor and weapons.

>>380262251
How long did it take them to remove the $5 shinier apple mod?
>>
>>380246139
I think it's the opposite. They cant use things like SKSE or other script extenders, so the only thing for sale will be reskins and added items like new guns and swords. It still sucks, but nothing like Frostfall or Project Nevada will be part of it.
>>
>>380262313
I'm here for the tears, because I know that every single one of these screeching autists will be enraged for the next two weeks and then pay for the next big Bethesda game like the good goy he is. If they had the conviction to actually boycott things they wouldn't need to be in an echo chamber trying to convince themselves they can make a difference - they'd be out there looking for a different company to support. I'm looking forward to the next new Bethesda game being their biggest yet just for the meltdown here.
>>
>>380244221
we know, we just like sperging.
>>
Trying to give entitled console shitters mods was damning enough, but now tacking on a price tag onto mods people create for free? Have you no shame Mr. Howard?
>>
>>380262761
Here's some vintage cancer
>>
>>380262761
>taxing console players for mods that will be drag+drop easy to pirate on PC
HOW DARE THEY MAKE IT SO EASY TO ENJOY PEASANT TEARS
>>
>>380262931
they're going to charge (you) as well by releasing the mods through their own platform, and also the PC modders who actually produce content.
>>
Would paid mods also cause achievements to be locked? I imagine that would cause a lot more consolefags to avoid using mods.
>>
>>380263094
How new are you to modding Bethesda games that you think they can prevent "piracy" of them? They literally cannot stop you pirating their DLC without breaking their engine.
>>
>>380250210
They can't all be lovable like Trainwiz. I know that rat Chesko and whoever was behind SkyUI were 100% behind paid mods two years ago and put their content behind a paywall immediatley.
>>
I'm still fucking surprised SKYRIM is fucking relevant today. What the fuck?
>>
>>380263145

There's a vetting process. Fucking around with achievements is probably just going to mean automatic rejection.
>>
>>380263319
You haven't heard? Trainwiz is dead to us now.
>>
They sold you Oblivion with E3 bullshit: soft shadows, super AI, autoleveling. And you bought it. Hahaha
>>
>>380263423
I mean, regular mods via Beth.net had a blanket disable of achievements. Would it be the same for paid mods too? Or would it depend on the mods now?
>>
>>380245232
>Outsourcing dlc for less than pocket change is worst than paid mods anon
I don't see how.
If people are dumb enough to work for chump change or to pay for shit they could get free, it's their right entirely.
Since paid mods were obviously coming back anyway, this is actually one of the least offensive ways to go about it. Hell, Valve has been doing this since forever.
>>
>>380243887
I needed an excuse to pirate wolfenstein 2 and now I have one.
>>
>>380263821
>Since paid mods were obviously coming back anyway, this is actually one of the least offensive ways to go about it. Hell, Valve has been doing this since forever.
Maybe Bethesda should have summer sales with cute little meta-games attached to your purchases, then people will forget that they are the devil.
>>
>>380244221
Hello bethesda intern. Fuck your greedy jew company
>>
>>380263743
There are mods for every Bethesda game which disable achievement removal and Bethesda doesn't seem to really care.
>>
>>380243887
>tfw the only mods I've ever used are to add anime waifus, shitty meme tie-ins with copyrighted material, sex shit, and slavery to make a shit harvesting empire
>none of this will be allowed on the club
What's even the point of all of this?
>>
>>380243887
>They are deleting negative comments on youtube and other major sites.

Proof
>>
>>380244221
What happens if a modder releases "it's totally not the micro-dlc" as a free mod?
>>
The people that are defending this dont understand that this wasnt made for Fallout 4 or Skyrim but for future games
Sure there're still tons of free mods but nothing guarantees that say Fallout 5 will support that system
DRM mods are the future according Bethesda
>>
>>380264484
>What's even the point of all of this?

I don't think you're the target audience anon
>>
>>380264482
>There are mods for every Bethesda game which disable achievement removal
I wonder if such a mod can be monetised too. So, regular mod will cause achievements to be disabled but by buying this particular mod, you'll be able to circumvent it.
>>
>>380264748
Pretty sure that mods which you get from CC simply won't disable achievements in the first place. It'll be incentive enough for some idiots to spend money, just wait and see.
>>
>>380264716
>Sure there're still tons of free mods but nothing guarantees that say Fallout 5 will support that system

And there's nothing that says it won't. I can't be mad for what someone might do in the future based off my own conjecture, only what they're doing or have done.

You sound insane.
>>
you are not going to stop paid mods you shitheels. they will slip it through however they can
>>
>>380264968
What about fixes and unofficial patches though? It's funny enough that these things were present on Beth.net IIRC but they disabled achievements. Will they be present again but be paid mods now?
>>
>>380264482
>Bethesda doesn't seem to really care
Probably because achievement enabling mods only work on PC in the first place.
>>
File: 100% sweetie.png (430KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
100% sweetie.png
430KB, 680x680px
>>380264484
This.

>>380264719
>the average gamer isn't the target audience
Keep telling yourself that, sweetie. ;)

>mfw newfag normies will actually pay for mods
>>
>>380264716
>peaked with Morrowind
>each game more and more casual, improving only graphics
>same cobbled together engine for 15 fucking years
>Fallout 4 so bad that two years in mods still haven't made it worth playing
Why do people want to mod TES6 when it will be the worst game yet and unsalvageable? I hope this move towards paid mods means they won't use Gamebryo for their next project and that ups the chances of a non-Bethesda Fallout spinoff in the vein of NV but with actual quality under the hood.
>>
>>380265236
It depends entirely on authors of these things, I suppose.
>>
>>380265357
You aren't the target audience though, Bethesda wants people who will pay for their game, then rebuy it on all consoles and platforms, VR included, then buy their expansions and then also buy mods from modders.
>>
>>380265051
you do realize that bethesda just launched their own fucking client right? and that their IPs are big enough to make it sustainable. There's literally nothing stopping them for going to those extremes being the jews they are
Being cynical about this is only reasonable
>>
>>380265357
>the average gamer isn't the target audience
>Keep telling yourself that, sweetie. ;)

>sex shit, slavery harvesting empire

How many years have you been on /v/? Try getting out of your chair anon
>>
>>380265526
Arthmoor will be first in line with his hand out, just you wait. Then Bethesda will use his mod proposal to fix the bugs himself, his meltdown will be glorious.
>>
>>380249483
>>380246073
It means creators don't have to pay to get in, that's all. Of course they'll be docked a good percentage of any profits made in fees
>>
>>380256789
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/02/04/business/clifford-and-altman-settle-with-fed-over-bcci.html?referer=
>>
File: whip.gif (222KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
whip.gif
222KB, 480x270px
now we know why todd wasnt there.

>muh wife's son's graduation
>>
>>380265828
Gotta protect their hype man from the backlash.
>>
>>380265660
>Beth
>fixing bugs
>for free
Lmao not a fucking chance.
>>
>>380253274
Here's your (you) you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>380247057
>>380244058
>>380243887
What the fuck is wrong with your computer it can't even text properly.
>>
>>380265521
>>Fallout 4 so bad that two years in mods still haven't made it worth playing

To be fair, mods never made Fallout 3 or NV any more playable either.

Fallout just isn't as interesting to the mod community as Elder Scrolls is. Even NV mods are kind of lacking in comparison to what Oblivion and Skyrim saw, NV just isn't in as dire a need for them as FO3 & FO4 are. I think most people just don't care about the Fallout "experience" as much as they do the TES "experience".
>>
>>380262636
Neither of those mods use a script extender.
>>
>>380256559
Microtransactions survive on the few people with more money than sense but it makes it easy to turn the last 10% of a game into tiny marketable bits for sale because the don't buy it if you don't like it people put up with having 90% of a game.
>>
>>380256992
I honestly think Bethesda has somehow run out of money
>>
>>380265645
If sex shit and slavery harvesting empires are so edgy and niche why did the Roman Empire literally, L I T E R A L L Y survive for a thousand years off of it? The Romans were normalfags led by failed normalfags, so you don't really have an argument there, pumpkin. Maybe try picking up a history book for once in your 13 years on this Earth, okay sugar? I'm glad we had this talk, honey.

>>380265536
Ummmmm, well sweetpea I would do all of that if they let me use sex shit and slavery harvesting empire mods. It's simple business, cupcake, try watching Shark Tank you might learn a thing or two, okay dumpling? Go nap, sweetie-pie.
>>
>>380244750
They did that the first time, plus people steal mods to upload them onto bethesda's shit all the fucking time.
>>
>>380266589
Oh, well, then you'll fit right it, carry on sugarcube.
>>
>>380264719
who is the target audience then?
people who are stupid enough buy mud crab skins?are they trying to exploit people who have mental deficiencies?
>>
>>380243887
Money drives the community. Fuck off haters.
>>
File: no.png (407KB, 1180x874px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
407KB, 1180x874px
>>380246073
Here, I made it better.
>>
>>380248235
>what are donations?
fucking imbecile
>>
>>380266503
>somehow

Haven't they had quite a few expensive bombs in a row now? I don't mean Bethesda the developer, I mean Bethesda the publisher who finances Bethesda the developer.

They aren't a public company so we don't really have any idea as to their financials but I wouldn't be surprised to find out they lost tens of millions over the last year or two.
>>
>>380266891
It clearly doesn't because it's been driven by no money for the last 30 years
>>
>>380266891
Time for your insulin shot, Gabe.
>>
>>380253206
>You have to be accepted first (I am a pretty close to professional level 3d artist and I haven't been accepted yet) before you can pitch anything and anything you pitch has to be original.
>need to be a professional level 3d artist to release a mudcrab reskin
What a shit job.
>>
File: 1480240206815.jpg (6KB, 250x203px) Image search: [Google]
1480240206815.jpg
6KB, 250x203px
>>380266860
Wow, you are a real sweetheart, thanks baby doll.
>>
File: 1472705244116.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1472705244116.gif
3MB, 200x180px
>>380247523
there's a difference between shitty cosmetics that adds nothing to the gameplay vs essential mods needed for a game like skyrim so it doesn't break everytime you start a new quest
>>
>>380244221
Why not just hire them and paid them salaries :^))))

It's a virtual sweatshop, idiot
>>
>>380263456
What happened?
>>
>>380257389
Midas mods are absolute fucking garbage anyways. The faggot made one good mod for Oblivion and got cocky. Apocalypse is where it's at.
>>
>>380267041
>you pay credits that you buy for real money to buy mods
>its not paid mods, its paid credits!

also
>>380266891
How the hell then modding on pc was and is so popular even tho their creators got 0 payments off them? Must be nazu gold sponsored.
>>
>>380267097
I can see them losing a decent amount from the last two flops Arkane has pumped out, but I'd assume they'd have recouped that just from Fallout 4, Skyrim Remaster and Fallout Shelter. If you look back when Steam tried to do paid mods, and right now, you can probably be safe in betting that they're just greedy kikes.
>>
>>380266891
>Money drives the community
>Mods
Retard.
>>
>all these people defending shitty business practices and not talking about devs who actually promote and encourage good modding
Daily reminder that Firaxis developed XCOM 2's modkit because of the success of Long War, then went on to pay and promote the LW team for making Long War 2.
>>
>>380256471
Skyrim probably has more mods than morrowind and oblivion combined you dumbfuck.
>>
>>380266397
>http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40040/?
>* The Fallout: New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE), Version 2.0 Beta7 (or newer) is REQUIRED to run Project Nevada.

>http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11163/?
>Requires SKSE 1.7.3+

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>380244808
Shilling/Marketing is a real job though, they don't get money from convincing your, they get money from talking and hyping up the product because they will always get at least one or two people and those people will always bring more with them, you literally cannot win against someone who sihlls professionally
>>
>>380246343
You gravely misunderstood the point of the tale if you see any resemblance between that and this. Please explain the point of it so I can laugh at you.
>>
>>380243887
get fucked fanboys
>>
File: 1493589303460.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493589303460.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>380246073
>Is Creation Club paid mods?
"No"
>How do I get Creation club content?
"purchased with Credits"

Pick one
>>
another reason to pirate everything
>>
>>380261306
Anon you're moving the goalposts yourself. Pc gamers are a hell of a lot more suspicious and are rarely early adopters so taking only the time where console sales are strongest and ignoring the rest of the time when PC sales are far stronger is irroneous
>>
File: 45632412335.jpg (26KB, 680x329px) Image search: [Google]
45632412335.jpg
26KB, 680x329px
>>380243887
I already don't play any Beth/Zeni games so I really don't give two fucks. There is the issue that the success of this will likely push other devs to implement similar shit, but I don't give a fuck about AAA anymore, and there is nothing I can do to stop it anyways, the cattle herds will buy it en masse and thank them for it, especially on consoles.

Give it 5 years before this is standard, just like horse armour was a huge scandal back then, but the subhuman cattle bought it and look where we are now.
>>
so , is bethesda going to clarify on any of this given the current community reaction?
theyve said so litlle about how this will actually work that the only thing we can do is to form our own conclusions
to me this sounds like its going to be an overly complicated, slow process
compared to making the mod on your own and having 0 regulations, benefit from fair use laws, and working out of passion instead of pay
i feel that ehatever pennies they pay out in the end simply wont be worth the time commitment for 90 % of modders,
but then again i can only speculate bbecause bethesda chooses to continue to remain silent
>>
>>380244221
>its not paid mods, its mods you pay for
>hey not ALL mods are paid for so none of them are

Kill yourself.
>>
>>380248235
modders go into the process knowing full well they will not be paid.

if they wanted to be paid, they need to work for, or be contracted by a company like bethesda
>>
>>380262364
>>380262231
>>380244338
>Bethesdrones
>>
>>380243887
There's literally no way to enforce copyright law without utterly gutting the modding community
>>
>>380267936
Apparently people are getting blocked by Pete Hines for tweeting him asking the same thing.
>>
>>380266397
Retard do you even know what a script extender does?
>>
>>380267676

Requiring SKSE isn't the same as needing SKSE to function. Many mods could be rewritten to remove SKSE-dependent features and work just the same. Like Frostfall, which is available on SSE despite SKSE64 not existing.
>>
File: 1108081517_400x400.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1108081517_400x400.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
post yfw New Vegas and Oblivion are safe from all this bullshit
>>
>>380268238
This. Look at how many people in this thread are defending it. This is on 4chan of all places, can you imagine how it looks on websites like Reddit? People will buy into this hard, and in a few years this will be standard. There's no stopping it, a dollar from a braindead normalfag is worth just as much as a dollar from you.
>>
>>380268414
I haven't even played any Betheshit games so try again buddy :)
>>
File: 1487831269773.jpg (110KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487831269773.jpg
110KB, 800x800px
>>380243887
>Mods made my dev team called "DLC" and "Official" to separate from mods, but are still mods
>Having to pay for mods by Bethesda
>Paying for mods that are infinitely small compared to mods by the Nexus and LL communities
The ONLY way I can see this shit being somewhat okay is if they start putting in actual fluidly working spears and physics flails with complete custom smooth animations into SSE. But seriously, that shit should have been in there in the beginning, especially when they ALREADY MADE every part of them before release. I'm not going to pay for shit that was struck out and should have already been there.
>>
>>380245757
not knowing what the strawman fallacy

so let's spell it out, stealth steal code, insert into mod "like" the original. Only the creator would be able to spot it if he actually plays the mod/looks a the source code.

Some hack gets paid.
>>
can we just talk about how utterly stupid it is to have a dual wielding character in quake champions instead ?
>>
>>380269150
Can't you just open esp files with the creation engine and look at the code?
>>
>>380247523
>people make mods for skyrim
>those mods are thoroughly vetted by bethesda<------they skipped this step last time.
>they are sold in game
>the creators of those mods recieve a cut of the money
>>
>>380269384
I meant creation kit
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s013t1ZJexNi
>>
>>380269384

As far as I know, if you don't include the source code you wouldn't be able to tell. Skyrim stores its code in pex files, not within the esp like other Bethesda games.
>>
>>380252332
I wouldn't mind hearing the full story on that.
>>
>>380269384
>>380269521
That's if the original creator happened to find his mod in the CC and goes to the trouble of doing that. This then needs to be followed by action by Bethesda in favor of the original author. Would they really remove a paid mod from their list for the free mod author? You have to keep in mind that the modding community doesn't rely on copywriting their shit so Beth and the mod thief aren't in danger of a lawsuit as far as I know. This is all just dependent on good will but can potentially make or break the community.
>>
>>380269384

Scripts aren't stored in ESP files. There are separate script files that are compiled from source and distributed with the mod. There's no way to be sure without having access to the source files which I doubt modders are required to distribute with their mods. You can decompile but that won't give you the original source, it will give you the compiled functionality in machine generated code.
>>
File: 1487885186353.png (160KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1487885186353.png
160KB, 500x375px
>>380256992
>VR
>Doesn't have body
>Can't be your waifu in VR
It's SHIT.
Thread posts: 517
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.