[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official E3 power ranking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 22

File: download.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
From best to worst so far:

>Xbox
Surprisingly not bad. A quick rundown of the new hardware followed by a strong focus on lots of new games. Highlight of the show for me was Ori, but YMMV. Dragged down by goofy car announcement.

>Ubisoft
Pretty good. Uncharacteristically little cringe on display, with an truly shocking reveal of Xcom: Mario and Rabbits Edtion and BGAE2. Loses a few points for the cringe it did have with dancing by literally who and some lib-pandering.

>PC
Solid, bordering on good. Day9 is as always a charismatic motherfucker, and there were a few interesting if not amazing games on show. Nothing groundbreaking, but I've heard from gamers who mostly play PC that they got what they wanted. They lose points for some truly horrendous Intel-shilling.

>EA
Meh. The nicest thing you can say about EA was that they were passable. Strong focus on sports which no one cares about, and a little on their shooters but not much more interesting I can recall. Loses points for boring me to tears with sports.

>Bethesda
Bad. Just bad. No new Doom. No new TES. No new Fallout. Just DLC, card-game shit and ports. Nothing to see except maybe Wolfenstein if you somehow thought the last game was GOAT that might save it for you? Anchored by having very little of interest to actually show us, and no Todd memes.

>Sony
Abysmal. Retarded pre-show that didn't hype anyone up for anything. Weird poo in the loo ritual followed by strong womyn. Monster Hunter could have been there big save, but it's not exclusive so they get no points for it. Their big hitter was fucking Spider Man which looked Arkham-bland and weightless as fuck. Detroit looks garbage too, with the only spark of hope being for for a SoTC remake we barely got to see. Square didn't even grace them with some exclusive Jap-footage. Unless Nintendo do terrible, Sony is the clear loser of this year's E3.
>>
>>380243826
From Best to worst
Ubisoft
Sony
Xbox
PC
Bethesda

I'm disgusted by this E3
I'm excited to play MH World though
Hoping to see a good Nintendo direct but i'm sure im gonna get disappointed
>>
>>380244510

How the hell did you manage to put Sony that high? They had literally nothing to show.

>no new FROM
>no new Final Fantasy
>no new KH
>no weebshit at all

There most exciting exclusive was a remake of SoTC. How do you rationalize that?
>>
>>380244510
sony showed literally nothing new though. everyone else did which would put sony at the bottom
>>
>>380244798
I wanted to ask you the same about the Xbox one
I put sony higher than the rest because i disliked the others way more
>>
>>380245095

Because it had tons of games, a new console and no focus on VR or a ridiciolous pre-show.

By your own logic it sucked less than Sony's.
>>
Ubisoft > Ms > PC > Sony >>> Bethesda >>>>>> EA
>>
File: E3 2017 predictions and verdicts.png (1015KB, 2800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
E3 2017 predictions and verdicts.png
1015KB, 2800x2000px
>>380243826
We showing cards here?
>>
>>380245832

How'd you put EA under Bethesda? EA at least bought out the Anti Christ for meme reasons and had some neat Battlefront gameplay.

Bethesda, next to having nothing to show, didn't even meme out a manlet.
>>
>>380245951
>E average

That's a very harsh card!
>>
>>380245681
Don't get me wrong i disliked them both but by your logic even sony showed games
I just think that Bethesda, EA and PC were literally burning shit
>>
>>380246050
EA was absolutely dreadful to watch. It was all sport shit and the youtube shilling. Even the battlefront stuff got ruined by iJustine and other youtubers commenting over it. EA is just too out of touch.

At least Bethesda's was short.
>>
>>380243826

Pretty good ranking OP.

Can someone explain to me why PC gets so much shit though?

>great host
>actual insight into the games thanks to interview with the devs instead of a just a 2 minute bullshot
>a few really promising games like the new Battletech game and Total Warhammer 2

I can totally see why you took off points for the intelshills, but besides that I felt they did a pretty good job with it.
>>
>>380246136
I agree with most of them, I'd only bump up Microsoft a bit because of the new metro
>>
>>380243826
Xbawks
>solid games
>solid consoles
>no TVbox
>shitty price for console
>anthem looks like typical E3 bait, but it's not their fault.
7+/10

PC
>suprisingly - there were games
>Did what it needed to do, nothing more, nothing less
>Xcom!
>Total War!
>Bannerlord!
>without release date
>intel shilling
7/10

Ubi
>Mariox(com)ribbits looks fun
>pirate game is too simplistic, no destruction, no physics or interesting mechanics.
>rest was typical ubitrash, but at least it wasn't cringey
>oh yeah, and South Park is always welcome, but they kinda ditched it
>Viral horror, soon on your VR!
>BGE2 travesty
5/10

Sony
>Old Man Kratos
>Monster Hunter on PC
>eee... nothing else?
>some boring games, some dlcs
>stiff as fuck, QTE-Man
>VR shilling
>pretty stale, safe and boring.
>token remake for hype value
3/10

Bethesda
>Wolfenstein looks great
>nothing else
>skyrim! soon in your fridge!
3/10

EA
>EA
>A Way Out looks interesing I guess
1+/10
As for games, in short:

positive:
>A Way Out
>The Last Night
>Bannerlord
>Xcom
>XcomxRibbits
>Sea of Thieves
>Wolf and Stein
>Crash
>Metro Exodus (if open world won't destroy it)

honorable mentions for special kind of shittiness (being typical E3-ready trash)
>AssCred
>Anthem
>Anthem
>Days Gone
>Marvel's Peter "QTE" Parker
>BGE2 trailer
>VR games
>>
I only watched the Xbox conference and it was enough to make me quit E3 until Nintendo shows up again.

The fucking Xbox One X
The fucking generishooter on rails trash
The fucking Porsche shilling

Only the mario ripoff fox game looked intriguing, and ultimately you'd have to be a retard who bought an Xbox One in order to enjoy any of it so therefore only retards could even get excited about the games
>>
>>380247516
>Xbawks
Agreed. This is the first time in a very long time I can make the argument that the Bone didn't fuck everything up.

>PC
I'm as surprised as you were that they actually had some non-indieshit to show off. And the indies they DID show off didn't look that awful either. I'm a Battletech fan.

>Ubi
I didn't feel that it was THAT bad but your criticism is definitely valid. I think the Nintendo-Ubi shit kinda' charmed me, and that's why I cut them slightly more slack but if that didn't appeal to you at ALL then I totally see where you're coming from.

>Sony
3 points was being very charitable in my opinion. Looking back at it, I can't remember ONE thing from that conference I liked except MAYBE SoTC remake (which is IMO a stupid affair as it didn't really NEED a remake but whatever).

>Bethesda
Again this is probably acceptable if you really really like Wolfenstein. I don't feel it warranted 3 whole points just for that, but that's just me.

>EA
Ehr.
>>
>>380248097
>Agreed. This is the first time in a very long time I can make the argument that the Bone didn't fuck everything up.

That's always been Microsoft's problem.

For some reason they always pay big cash for an early E3-spot, and then totally ruin it. Sony always wait until almost last, and they usually end up winning by just NOT fucking up as badly as Microsoft did.

This year the Xbox came out strong though and you could totally see that the PS4 had no counter.
>>
>watch the entirety of e3
>Only Battletech caught my attention for a few seconds when they talked about the depth of the mechanics
>Guess Wolfenstein will be nice since I always liked those games
>More Xcom is always nice
That's practically everything I can remember, the rest fades faster from my memories than a drugged out night with mental trauma.
>>
>>380247516
>Anthem is so shit it get named twice
Lol. I don't understand why Bioware keep making shooters. They're not GOOD at shooters. Mass Effect was NEVER a good shooter. Just passable at best. A buggy glitchy mess at worst.
>>
>>380243826
OP for once is not a fag.
>>
>>380246748
People expect a million AAA games from every conference for no reason.
PC doesn't have some big sugardaddy to pay developers to make games exclusively for the platform, since it should be Microsoft, since
October all that is left are games which either just wouldn't work on console or indie devs who rely on being on PC to lessen development costs or find a niche audience. People's expectations of E3 are way too high anyway
>>
>>380248328
I'm one of the few people who felt genuine hype over Battletech. That shit looks amazingly fun.
>>
>>380243826
it was weird to me that they didnt release halo 6 yet coz guardians clearly ends on a cliffhanger with cortana escaping from master chief and the other group planning android domination
>>
>>380243826
>gamers who mostly play PC got what they wanted
Yep, pretty much. Watched it for XCOM expansion reveal and got exactly what I expected
>>
>>380248508
Like I said, they got my attention when they talked about all the mechanics that they will implement.
Different armor values, destroyable core systems, heat management, cover and visebility.
The few minutes they talked about it delivered more information about a actual game than the rest of e3.
That's still kinda sad.
>>
>>380243826
>HYPED TIER
Metro Exodus
Mario Rabbids

>I'LL PROBABLY ENJOY IT BUT I DON'T REALLY CARE TIER
The Evil Within 2
Spiderman
SotC remake
Days Gone

>SURPRISINGLY BAD TIER
God of War
Crackdown 3
BGE2
AC KANGZ

>PRANKS THAT WENT ON FOR TOO LONG TIER
Shadow of War
Wolfenstein II
Life Is Strange
>>
>>380248481

That makes sense. PC doesn't really have any monolithic corporation to pay all the bills so that devs can blow 100 million on developing exclusive games for it like you said.

You can argue that this SHOULD be a responsibility carried by Microsoft, but I don't really feel that the PC NEEDS this kind of suger daddy. The PC is fine as it is, and is (if statistics are to be believed) making more money from software sales than consoles. Big Daddy Microsoft would probably not bother with that.

The real benefit of not having a sugar daddy means that you CAN cater to the weird little niches that like turn-based Mechwarrior combat for example.

And hell Total Warhammer 2 proves that there are still some AAA developers out there for the PC.
>>
>>380248924
And that's kinda' why I enjoy the PC setup compared to the console's stage-presentation crap. When you have a huge stage you almost instinctively have to entertain a little. But when you're just having a dialog with a guy, you can just talk and explain stuff.
>>
>>380248952
>Life Is Strange
The definition of hipster-bait.
>>
>>380249535
Ironically most fans are just waifufags
>>
>>380249424
PC show felt a lot more unprofessional than the others and for me... that is actually not a bad thing.
Sure it was boring for major parts of it, but it delivered information instead of stageshow + bullshots.
I take boring information spoonfeeding over a stage show anytime when it comes to make my buying decisions.
>>
>Ctrl+F "Devolver"
>0 results

Why do you people even bother making lists if the winner is clear?
>>
File: 1494198358103.jpg (47KB, 536x536px) Image search: [Google]
1494198358103.jpg
47KB, 536x536px
>every thread always has Sony vs. Microsoft feud

i hate this place
>>
>>380249685
I appreciate the satire, but you can't win e3 without games.
That's pretty much why nobody really won.
>>
>>380248924
>>380249424
I had the same feeling when Jake was talking about XCOM x-pac. He clearly addressed the fans of the game and went into the details of what is going to be added and improved over the base game. No wasting time on explaining the basics to the general uncaring public.
>>
Ubi 7.5
Sony 7
XboXX 6
EA 3
Beth 1
PC 0.1

Shit E3 to be honest
>>
>>380249872
It's kinda' nice because the PC stage show never feels like it's just there to sell you shit (except when Intel was on, obviously). It felt like devs talking about their games and what they're doing, and there is this almost quaint and homely feeling to it.
>>
>>380243826
Ubisoft >>>>> Microsoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony >>> EA >>>>>>>> (too many arrows) Bethesda and PC Gaming
>>
>>380250002
>ubi 7.5
You must really like the rabbids gameplay, since it was the only one they showed.
>>
>>380249719
>two of the three biggest companies in gaming are hotly debated after they put on some presidential-rally-tier conference that will make the pitch for what the world will play for an entire year
>>
>>380250120
I did actually. And the Kangz trailer was good, even though game looks like shit. But a good trailer is a good trailer.
>>
>>380243826
I don't understand why anyone would want a Shadow of the Colossus remake. We already got a remaster making it playable and despite several colossi and ideas not making it into the final game it's hard to call it unfinished or incomplete. This is as cynical a cashgrab as they could muster.
>>
>>380250002
>Sony 7

Sony-ggers: Coming to Sony's defense when they have literally more technical problems than game.
>>
>>380250002
Explain how you landed on a 7 for a company that presented literally nothing?
>>
>>380250246
Eh, there could be worse things than making kids like Xcom games.
>>
>>380250359

It's just pandering for the terminally unimaginative. Long enough time has passed for SOTC to transcend into the realm of nostalgia, and they're going to milk that for all it's worth.

Of course I completely agree with you though. Unless they are willing to literally add tons more content, this game didn't really NEED a remake.
>>
>>380250482
>>380250361
Well the did show Spiderman and Days Gone and they're alright. SotC was cool. Eh. It's okay, 7/10
Meanwhile Xbox had Metro and literally nothing after it, went from 8 to 0
>>
>>380250097
>>>>>

I don't understand why you do this. Amount of arrows isn't really as good at expressing complex opinion as you think it is.
>>
>>380250359
The fate of console exclusives, pretentious as it sounds
On platforms with no backwards compatability or legacy support, remasters and remakes will always be a safe and easy option
>>
>>380250848
>Well the did show Spiderman and Days Gone
Yeah and they both suck
One is generic zombie world trite with CRAFTING WOW and the other is the Arkham games reskinned with even more QTEs
>>
>>380251080
Eh, they're still better than almost everything shown at this E3. I don't think you can argue with that.
>>
>>380243826
People actually like the PC showcase host? I can't stand him and he always makes the conference shittier.
>>
>>380251080
If your answer is just going to be "wow but those suck i don't like it" then don't tell people their rating is inherently incorrect.
>>
>>380251369
Day9 likes EDF and that makes him alright in my books
>>
File: sneky kitter.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
sneky kitter.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
This E3 was fine. Ubisoft straightened their shit out, Microsoft actually showed games, and never mention TV once. Sony opened with a TV ad, showed two new things and just repeated last year. Still not terrible though, Spider-Man and MonHun looked great. Everyone's presentation was to the point with no technical fuck ups, and the only cringe really went to EA with that e-celeb who shit himself.

Not enough weebshit though.

Games I'm looking out for.

A Way Out
Need for Speed Payback
Metro Exodus
Dragonball FighterZ
The Last Night
Code Vein
Cuphead
Sea of Thieves
Ori and The Will of The Wisps
Anthem
Skull & Bones
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza 6
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
Nino Kuni 2
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
The Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
Ace Combat 7
Monster Hunter World
Spider-Man
Shadow of The Colossus
>>
File: 1322531485272.jpg (39KB, 600x766px) Image search: [Google]
1322531485272.jpg
39KB, 600x766px
>>380248952
>Games looking forward to
Cuphead
Metro
Wolfenstein 2
Ori

>Games that have my interest
The Evil Within 2
Code Vein
Sea of Thieves
DBZF

>Indifferent towards
A Way Out
Anthem
CoD
GoW
Detroit

>Games I was excited for but not anymore
Spiderman
Crackdown 3
Battlefront 2

>Fuck off
Days Gone (Zombie games need to fuck off for a while)
VR Skyrim
Destiny 2
State of Decay 2
>>
>>380251843
Sad
>>
>>380251369

He smiles, he's charismatic, he tries to inject some humor into it and he's infinitely more entertaining than Corporate Executive #8931 using every synonym that exists for "immersion".
>>
>>380251912

yeah enjoying video games

how fucking sad
>>
>>380251349
I can point a few games, even from that same awful presentation, that looked better than both.
>>
>>380251885
Did you play State of Decay 1? It's better than you would think. Permadeath really makes it work.
>>
>>380251843
>no ashen

is this bait?
>>
>>380251965
You misunderstand. It's sad that you're posting on 4chan at such a young age. What a sad childhood
>>
File: HATE WESTERNERS.png (276KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
HATE WESTERNERS.png
276KB, 1024x576px
>>380252172

Wow theres that inferiority complex.

What a fucking sad cunt you are.
>>
>>380252176
>spacelanders

what the fuck are you talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_alSjWujdU
>>
>>380252091

no it's an opinion

not sure if you know how those work

not everyone wants west souls
>>
>>380248008
I know the Porsche thing looked ridiculous, but you have to understand that EA was literally holding the Porshe license hostage for years; the fact the Forza has it now is a huge deal if you're into racing games. if you're not, it looks ridiculous.
>>
File: mur.png (253KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mur.png
253KB, 400x400px
>>380252091

what the fuck I thought the was the first game on the list

I fucked up.
>>
File: 1468573992345.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1468573992345.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>380252000
I've played some of one, but I'm just really tired of zombies. I haven't touched a zombie game since Dead Rising came to Xbone and PS4 and I only played it because I REALLY liked Dead Rising.
>>
We already knew that Rabbids thing was happening you fucking moron, it's hardly a "shocking reveal". I hope you know how retarded you are.
>>
File: never skip it.jpg (398KB, 650x867px) Image search: [Google]
never skip it.jpg
398KB, 650x867px
>>380252172

>this kid thinks getting older means you must become jaded
>>
>>380251843
I really hope someone actually shit themselves.
>>
On the first day I did not give a fuck
On the second day i gave a fuck
On the third day I did not give a fuck
>>
>>380252738
Getting older means you won't play Need for Speed anymore. There's only so many Need for Speed games you can play in your lifetime. I'd say no more than 10, most people drop out at 5
>>
>>380252745

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjMGHDDVM6k
>>
People who use the word cringe and cringey need to be publicly executed.
>>
>>380252891

>I dictate how people live and what they do

FYI the previous games never interested me, this one actually looks fun
>>
>>380243826
From best to worst:

>Microsoft
Actually pretty fucking good, even made me think about buying an Xbox

>Ubisoft
Fucking trash, boring and uninspired games and BG&E2 is probably the worst thing I've ever seen

>PC
Didn't watch it, not interested

>EA
Fucking boring, but otherwise solid games and A way out was a nive surpise

>Bethesda
Boring, but TEW 2 and Wolfenstein are probably the best games of this E3

>Sony
I'm still on denial. It wasn't that bad and Spiderman looks fucking great, but c'mon Sony you can do waaaay better than this.

Microsoft > Bethesda > Sony > EA > Ubisoft
>>
>>380243826
Once you understand Microsoft goal was to give people a reason to buy their new xbone you'll realize they failed completely.
>>
File: fgt.png (106KB, 266x258px) Image search: [Google]
fgt.png
106KB, 266x258px
>>380252946
>t

>thank you nig- ... for having me
>>
1.Xbox
2.Sony
3.PC
4.Ubisoft
5.EA
>>
Can someone please explain how Microsoft was even decent? How many of you are just delusional xbox fags who finally see an opportunity?
>Crackdowngrade 3 looked terrible
>No new exclusive games just showed the same shit they've been talking about for years
>A bunch of indie shit
>500 fucking dollars for a console upgrade
>lol but it was better than sony so its solid

Seriously where is the games you idiots keep talking about? Anthem? Its on PS4. What else?
>>
>>380252891

get the fuck over yourself mate

>>380253165

Agreed, backwards compatibility is cool and all, but almost none of those 42 games were actually exclusive.
>>
>>380252891
Just because you're a corporate tool who bough ten fucking racer games from the same series doesn't mean everyone is
>>
>>380253165
I don't fucking care if they succeeded or failed at their own personal goal. I care whether or not the presented upcoming games look interesting. Why the fuck should I care about buying another plastic brick?
>>
E3 is more and more obsolete.

No one showed anything really big. Not even Microsoft who is trying to sell a new console to try and gain a little ground on Sony.
>>
>>380250482
sony fans are pathological
>>
FF7 Remake ruined everything.
>>
>>380253606
Sorry you don't understand how to properly rate conferences.
>>
File: 1434475427277.png (457KB, 720x444px) Image search: [Google]
1434475427277.png
457KB, 720x444px
>>380254187
>I care for whether or not my corporate overlords met their shareholder goals more than I care for new games being presented

If your line of thinking is right, I don't ever wanna stop being wrong
>>
>>380251369
I don tlike him either but at times he shines. He's authentic atleast, and actually plays alot of the game and isn't just a hollywood reject like Felicia Day or keely or something.
>>
>>380243826
>ubisoft
solid list of games, mario + rabbids looks arguably like the best game at the show imo. bg&e2 has a kinda shitty looking tone, but it's only a reveal so it's hard to be particularly harsh. intrigued to see what they do with the new asscreed to differentiate it and the pirate sim looks cool too. also really interested in that vr thing they had.
>B

>xbox
not really my console, but i was really impressed by the volume of games and the strength of most of them. just letting them show themselves off made way more interesting. no real embarrassments or shitty games, and the x looks really sleek, if overpriced. great conference, especially up from the usual shitfest.
>B+

>sony
weaker than usual years, but more my kinda thing. showing gt, ni no kuni and everybody's golf in the pre show was a bit retarded. the new uncharted doesn't look interesting and i don't care at all for detroit. but i love monster hunter and i'm intrigued to see how they approach remaking shadow of the colossus. god of war seemed way, way more interesting than the last time i saw it- still not exactly sold on it tho- and spiderman could go either way. overall though i'm mostly disappointed with what they could've shown. no kh, ff7, miyazaki, dq, dmc or dd despite going on about japanese games was a strange move.
>B- with the pre-show games, C- without

>pc
insanely boring. battlegrounds looks cool as always, but the intel marketing and the volume of fucking boring games was crushing. can't knock em too much though cos fucking age of empires was there.
>C+

>ea
incredible fucking let down, as usual. fifa will again be a way more vapid experience than pes, need for speed looks tragic (where the fucks burnout?), continued decision to never bring skate back is baffling and i couldn't give a fuck about madden. battlefront 2 looks kinda cool, and if even they are selling a load of features that were in the original battlefront 2, it's nice to see they're releasing the dlc for free.
>C-
>>
>>380253339

They showed 40 games in one conference, none of which were VR shit, no talk of TV or other stupid crap, and the Xboxx costs more than the Pro because it's a stronger console than the Pro.

You gotta' remember. E3 isn't about who does best, it's about who fucks up least.
>>
>>380251843
>Everyone's presentation was to the point

This is what I liked about most of the presentations. Don't know why everyone is complaining. There was no kinext or TV shit going on. When there was VR shit it was relatively short.
>>
>Microsoft
Highlight for me, didn't expect anything and I got Ori 2 and metro 3, bretty good.

>Ubisoft
BGAE2 is a surprise at least.

>PC
Wow it's fucking nothing

>EA
Sports + nothing

>Sony
Expected kojima, from soft, got nothing

>Bethesda
I was by far the most hyped for this, I wanted a new IP or at least a new main game series (tes, fallout) installment, got fucking nothing + paid mods
Fuck bethesda
>>
>>380254536
>none of which were VR shit
Indie garbage isn't much better than VR shit, and most of the games shown were on PS4, and all are on PC.
>defending $500
wow...so you are retarded? It's a console upgrade, the Pro was dumb but this is dumber.

Its fine though, I can tell this is a lot of peoples first E3. Welcome to the industry.
>>
>>380254968
>Indie garbage isn't much better than VR shit
Stop posting
>>
>>380254440
>sony
>practically everything is shit, boring or unknown
>B-

It never fails to almost shock me how forgiving obvious fanboys are of this company.

We get it, you bought a Playstation. That does not mean Sony should get a B for showing up with virtually nothing.

And the fact that you give bonus points for that cringey dumpster of a pre-show is beyond insanity.
>>
>>380254968

It might genuinely be time to consider getting off Sony's cock.
>>
>>380255441

to be fair the pre-show games were great
>>
>>380255579

How?

It was a ton of "social games" for the ultra-casuals, the exact same mini golf game that's been out for several decades, and slightly more VR shit than they managed to push in the actual conference all topped with massive amounts of technical fuck-ups.

They could have scored more points on my board if they didn't even bother with the pre-show.
>>
Why rank them when they were all garbage?
>>
>>380256116
See >>380254536:
>E3 isn't about who does best, it's about who fucks up least.
>>
>>380253117
>>380253340
>>380253464
>literally butthurt kiddies
Sad
>>
File: 1471401903317.jpg (119KB, 859x679px) Image search: [Google]
1471401903317.jpg
119KB, 859x679px
what were some of the legit 10/10 A+ press conferences?

I know the Playstation conference right after the "always online" shit Microsoft tried to pull was a legit 10/10. They masterfully slipped in having to play for ps plus to get online in PS4 also.

Also that Nintendo conference when they announced Twilight Princess was a legit 10/10
>>
>>380256193
Xbox fucked up plenty. The whole pirate demo was so shit it's scary.
>>
>>380246187

Im not getting this either, The PS conference was the nervous as fuck fat man saying "WHOA EVERYBODY CALM DOWN AFTER THAT HYPE" after showing fucking zombie hallway walking simulator 6 fucking times.

The crowd was dead as fuck, it was the saddest shit ive ever seen.
>>
File: B7z_Jw_IAAEWQPd.png (392KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
B7z_Jw_IAAEWQPd.png
392KB, 600x433px
>>380256308
The true power of becoming a wizard is realising how amusing you teenage fucks are when you try to project your fear of not being adult onto others
>>
>>380243826

This list is actually 100% correct, Pretty much undisputable unless you have a hidden bias of some kind.
>>
Sony's gotten too cocky for this. They're so used to winning every year without even bothering to try as the competition have shat themselves inside out by the time they take the stage that anything they present is gold.

This yeah Xbox, Ubisoft and arguably PC didn't fuck up horribly so when they showed up with no arsenal except the same boring stock sequels we get for everything and a teaser for SOTC remake, it didn't work for them.

I know Sony can give really good press conferences, but I'm not deluded enough to think that this was one of them.
>>
It was worth watching for the WE shitposting
>>
>>380243826
>EA 3/10
Boring as shit. Nothing remotely memorable aside of Battlefront, which i'm sure they'll find a way to fuck up anyway.

>Xbox 6/10
A whole bunch of stuff i didn't care about but the sheer quantity of games they showed means that most people probably got something out of it.

>Ubisoft 4/10
Their best conference in a long time, transcending from so bad it's good to whatever tier. Lots of games that look decent enough but nothing spectacular.

>Sony 4/10
Started off pretty well with MHW and SotC, both of which i'm cautiously optimistic about. Then dropped the bomb harder than anyone could have ever imagined, showing nothing but games that nobody even cared about when they showed them at the last E3. Even their preshow had better announcements.

Didn't see the others.
>>
I'm of the opinion that the best looking and most interesting thing by a large margin was the DB fighting game.

Everything else was underwhelming.
>>
>>380256482
Well shit man if you're 30 and you're looking forward to Need for Speed Payback then I don't even know what to say to you
>>
>>380244982
>GAMES ONLY COUNT IF THEY'RE NEW ANON
>AND EXCLUSIVE
>AND 4K
>AND AND AND

Fucking hell, you people.
>>
>>380256725

what does it fucking matter
>>
File: 1461089048572.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1461089048572.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>380243826
>PC
As a diehard PCfag that usually likes the PC conferences, I can't agree. Now, cut the PC conference exactly as they go over to that intel guy (including the stuff with day9 afterwards), and you'd have a pretty damn good conference, if a bit too short.
>>380246748
From what I can tell from my normie friends I talked to about this, the actual insight and interviews are considered a bad thing. They genuinely just want pretty lights flashed in front of their face for an hour, slowing down to talk about boring shit nobody cares about like "gameplay" or "what the game actually is" doesn't matter to them.
>>
File: 1484124299717.jpg (26KB, 461x458px) Image search: [Google]
1484124299717.jpg
26KB, 461x458px
>>380243826
>yfw Phil Spencer posts on /v/
>>
File: C5dm4UOXEAE_rel.jpg large.jpg (34KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
C5dm4UOXEAE_rel.jpg large.jpg
34KB, 500x285px
>>380256725
I haven't played a stupid racer since Midnight Club 3 and the trailer made me feel like giving that juvenile thrill a chance again, what can I say?
>>
>>380256703
>Sheer quality of games
>Fifa...WITH A STORY
>Madden...WITH A STORY
>Car game...WITH A STORY
>>
>>380256883
>watch e3
>expect new games
>not more of the same game you've been showing off for the last year

name one new AAA ip that sony announced which we didn't know was already coming e.g. a bloodborne 2, dmc etc. sony won all the other e3's because they'd pull out some big games no one expected.
>>
>>380257256

SOTC remake.
>>
>>380257224
It says quantity not quality you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>380257663
>shadow of the colossus hd port of an already existing hd port
>new ip

is this bait?
>>
>>380257785
Remake and HD port don't mean the same things.
>>
>>380257224
That was EA not microsoft you fucking tard, and he said quantity
>>
>>380257930
>I don't know what 'new IP' means
>>
File: 1476646598420.png (652KB, 821x767px) Image search: [Google]
1476646598420.png
652KB, 821x767px
>>380257930
>>
File: 14973569273000.jpg (228KB, 1320x1108px) Image search: [Google]
14973569273000.jpg
228KB, 1320x1108px
>>
File: 1485870561101.jpg (140KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1485870561101.jpg
140KB, 600x338px
>>380243826
>New Wolfenstein this year

That was all I really wanted.
>>
>>380243826
As a PCfat

>EA
Less awful than normal but that's not saying much. Sports games all having stories is whatever, cautiously optimistic that Battlefront 2 might be okay to buy and waste a bit of time in occasionally in, though it's clearly not particularly good.

>XBOX
Nice variety of games. Not much that piqued my interest, really, but there was enough that was kinda neat. Metro might be okay, new Asscreed might be worth trying purely because I haven't touched one in years, pirate game was presented AWFULLY but seemed okay. Winning conference so far easily.

>PC
First section was alright. Actually talking to devs and finding out shit was a huge refresher. Really not liking the general vibes given off by the XCOM expac. Battletech would be neat but I'm already in the beta and that told me nothing I didn't know really. TW:W 2 is going to be too DLC filled to bother buying. Actually talking about the game made me interested in the last night, which is more than I can say for the flashy trailer from Microsoft. Rest of the conference was pretty shit though.

>Beth
I fucking hated literally everything on a scale I've not experienced in a while. Barring Wolfenstein which looked completely average.

>Sony
Literally fucking nothing. MonHun looks pretty neat, as it looks like it might fix some of the shit that's made that series unplayable in the past. Everything else we knew about and was cinematic pointless bullshit. Would be the worst easily were it not for Bethesda.
>>
>>380258981
Oh, I guess I forgot Ubi. That shows how relevant it was.
>>
>>380243826
>>PC
>Solid, bordering on good. Day9 is as always a charismatic motherfucker, and there were a few interesting if not amazing games on show. Nothing groundbreaking, but I've heard from gamers who mostly play PC that they got what they wanted. They lose points for some truly horrendous Intel-shilling.

They just talked about games that had already been announced. Very few new annoucements and they were mostly shit (indies, VR)
>>
I know it's /v/ and everything is always shit all the time forever, but people who play video games are a really jaded bunch.

Every post I read ITT is people commenting on how something was barely passable at best and nightmarishly shit at worst.

Thew few posts of genuine optimism just come across as fanboyism (usually for Sony).

I'm starting to realize that we might be terribly difficult to please.
>>
>>380249192
>PC doesn't really have any monolithic corporation to pay all the bills so that devs can blow 100 million on developing exclusive games for it like you said.
Valve could be if they wanted to. Sure everything would use Source 2 but whatever
>>
>>380256395
Sony tacked on image of WE ACCEPT USED GAME and the standing ovation that followed (alongside the ceo glowing, smug self-satisfaction) was by far the best thing Sony ever pulled.
>>
File: E3 2017.png (1MB, 2800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
E3 2017.png
1MB, 2800x2000px
>>380259579
Its been much much worse, but it was possibly never more mediocre.

The only real "oh shit" moment was from from Ubisoft with a game we all already know about and have been expecting every year.
>>
The games might have been shit this year but at least we got this image out of E3.
>>
Sony can't drop bombshells every year, but I think if all they had to show was the same stuff from last year, some of it had to launch this Holiday. Days Gone and Spider Man should have been this Holiday.

They had 2 announcements, which were leaked, but all Sony had was 2018 stuff
>>
>>380259808

Valve is rich, but Valve is not Microsoft-rich.
>>
>>380259971
Yep, that was his last press conference too I believe. Perfect way to go out
>>
Pre-Pre Show >>> Microsoft > PC > EA > Sony > Ubisoft = Bethesda
>>
>>380260629
Microsoft is rich but most of that is in windows.
Long term, microsoft can only put as much into XBOX as they get out, at a maximum.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that Valve can't pull nearly as much but a couple of big, exclusive draws would do wonders for their platform.
>>
>>380247152
Anon, it's not going to be exclusive. I mean, if you say that about microsoft but you go against sony for doing the exact same thing you are being a moron?
>>
>>380243826
Microsoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ubisoft > Sony > EA >>>>>> Bethesda
>>
>>380260267
>Ubisoft - Buy Plastic Shit game
What game?
>>
>>380260953
Valve doesn't want to try and put games on a platform that Microsoft is threatening to take away from them
Valves' games are essentially all exclusive to PC anyway, even if they're not the kind of games that /v/ likes
>>
>>380260772

I'd put Sony lower but thisbis pretty acceptable.
>>
>>380243826
>>380243826
>official
>>
>>380251349
> Eh, they're still better than almost everything shown at this E3. I don't think you can argue with that.
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>380253000
>conference host speaks a word
>twitch chat goes CRINGE CRINGEE XDD CRIIIINGE
gaming culture was a fucking mistake
>>
File: 1358185157887.jpg (105KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1358185157887.jpg
105KB, 900x900px
>>380266254
>"We're very excited to be here tonight"
>OH GOD THE CRINGE IS REAL
>OH MY GOD THE CRINGE
I hate youths
>>
>>380243826

Microsoft: 3/10
Announced the most powerful console ever, proceeded to show nothing but indie pixel games. No exclusives despite calling everything exclusive. Only positive is they actually showed games.

EA: 2/10
Same old same old. Didn't expect anything but sports and FPS, didn't get anything but sports and FPS.

Bethesda: -10/10
Bethesda has no right being at E3. They spent most of their presentation showing off old games and the new games they did show will be forgotten days after release.
Also paid mods.

Ubisoft: 5/10
Showed games that looked interesting, well a game that looks interesting. Need to drop the political correctness bullshit and focus on games.
Despite this I'm not optimistic because it's Ubisoft, they always fail to deliver.

Sony: 4/10
Started out strong with Monster Hunter, went down hill from there. Presentation was way too short for a major console and just didn't show enough. The stuff they did show was mostly multiplat uninteresting AAA tripe.
>>
>>380261797
that no man's skylanders game where you build your own spaceship
>>
This E3 was a complete waste of time and made /v/ 10 fucktrillion times more annoying than it already was before.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.