[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fanboy shit to the side, which game will likely sell the most?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: MH.jpg (293KB, 600x373px) Image search: [Google]
MH.jpg
293KB, 600x373px
Fanboy shit to the side, which game will likely sell the most? Sony/Xbone/PC currently has the larger install base, but Nintendo has the advantage from 3(tri), 4 and X being exclusive.

Is it possible that XX might sell more copies, simply because it's a game that Nintendo owners have always purchased at release? Or will World's new design push not only guaranteed sells, but people that may have never had interest in the game before, to pick it up.
>>
>>380242280
XX in Japan is a port of a game which is an expansion of a game everyone played on 3ds already. It's not gonna sell that much.
>>
>>380242280
Sonyfans better hope "MH5" does casualization and westernization right and the FIFA fags bite.

Because Sony knows Nintendo is coming for them and they did this panic move as a result.
>>
>>380242541
what does sony have to do with it
it's a fucking multiplat
>>
Reminder that Portable 3rd for the PSP is still the fastest and best selling entry in the entire series.
>>
>>380242703
Purposefully paid big to exclude a Switch port, anon.

Sony don't give a fuck about Xbox and PC.
>>
>>380242280
XX is rehash from 2015's 3ds game, World is new game. Is this question necessary?
>>
>>380242786
Based delusional nintenbro
>>
>>380242703
they paid for it (probably in marketing) under the clause Capcom wouldn't release the game for Switch.
>>
>>380242493
you call it the same game, but the switch is currently dying for new games, and this will be the first time seeing it on a proper console in a very long time. no shitty visuals, and a controller that doesn't suck?

I can't imagine switch owners passing on this.
>>
>>380242786
>he still believes that 'leak'

IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY AGAINST BASED NINTENDO

IT'S NOT REAL MONSTER HUNTER

Dont abandon us Capcom.... :^(
>>
>>380242935
I agree that it'll sell well, but I can't imagine it coming close in Japan to the 3ds versions
>>
>>380242909
>>380243029
Did you miss the rumors that started all this, newfags?
>>
A logistically sound and non bias answer is that World will sell more. It's a completely new spin on Monster Hunter that'll pull in newcomers. It's also multiplat so it'll have more platforms to sell itself through. Also with Switch stock STILL being a problem, the number of Switch owners is obviously lower than it could be, and it goes without saying that the combined number of people who own PS4s, XBones, and PCs outnumbers the owners of Switches regardless of stock issues.
>>
>>380242786

>Paid to exclude Switch
>Not PC

If this is the case then Sony has reached beyond a whole new level of retarded
>>
>>380243575
Apparently it caused an identity crisis at Capcom because Sony shafted them hard with SFV.
>>
>>380242280
>Fanboy shit to the side, which game will likely sell the most?
Are you fucking joking?
Do you realize the difference in installbase? Do you realize it's one niche installbase versus one big one, one massive one, and one semi-niche one?

Are you genuinely retarded? Honest question.
>>
>online coop game on a system with dogshit online

>online coop game on a system rifle with online support and third party apps to enhance it

Hmm, I wonder what version people will play...
I sure love the idea of attaching 3 devices to my head and paying a sub fee for the privilege of online in 2018!
>>
>>380242280
I think world will sell more. You simple cant ignore the fact it has a console install base of about 90mil and a PC base of about 125+mil (if you want to trust steam)

There is also the ps2 and psp base that have been wanting a sony monhun since forever.
>>
>>380244012
Because that one niche installbase buys everything Monster Hunter on portables?

Meanwhile the big, massive, and semi-niche userbases aren't in Japan and is up in the air on whether they'd buy an MH game.
>>
The one on PS4 will be simplified shit for casuals, it will end the same way of Street Fighter 5, it will fail to sell to the fans and it will fail to sell to the normalfags becuase they don't know the series ot they will be scared to buy it for being japanese because of the cancerous "weeaboo" meme.
>>
>>380244012
>new series
>PC couldn't even move a big title like tekken 7
>literally who owns an xbone
>sony will have to carry the load
>meanwhile, XX is a game that everyone knows is good, and will likely release around the same time nintendo restocks the switch
>>
>>380242280
Sony by faaaar
>>
>>380244802
>The one on PS4 will be simplified shit for casuals, it will end the same way of Street Fighter 5
So just like what happened to tri, then 4, then X? Seems to have worked out for those.
>>
MHdrones will probably buy both. And the systems if they don't have them yet.
>>
>>380242280
1.5mil for World across all 3 platforms. Maybe that's way too optimistic
>>
XX might sell more if you include the 3ds version. The japs eat that shit up. But I do wonder if maybe people are a bit burned out by 4th gen already.

World might sell pretty well if we include the PC sales. It could become another phenomena like when dark souls 1 was ported to the PC, with a lot of PC gamers finally playing Monster Hunter.
>>
>>380244012
It's weird seeing someone post this when Japan doesn't like the PS4 and only plays shit on handhelds. Everyone is over stating the reach MH has in regions not named Japan.
>>
>literally "wtf I love CAPCOM now!"
Fuck this board.
>>
>>380242280
The Switch version will have the biggest attach rate without a doubt.
>>
>>380242280
XX on Switch+3DS will outsell world on PC+PS4+Xbone.
It's already set in stone.
>>
>>380245213
>Everyone is over stating the reach MH has in regions not named Japan.
Probably BECAUSE it's only available on portable and handheld coop is a culture thing that's reserved for japan only? Ever asked yourself about this?

>handcraft experience around one culture
>woah, game doesn't sell anywhere else, I wonder why
>I wonder why they are switching it up
Because Japan is irrelevant compared to the world. It doesn't matter that it's the CoD of japan. CoD sells seven times as much as MH. I know being a weeaboo and all got you delusional, but japan is irrelevant when you consider the worldwide scale.
>>
>>380245351
no shit, it's a system that will have 2 non-ports games by the time it's early 2018

what else is there to buy
>>
File: 61951960.jpg (740KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
61951960.jpg
740KB, 1500x1061px
>>380242280
They haven't even announced a localisation for XX on Switch yet. With World now announced, will they still bring it to the west?

I was going to purchase a Switch as soon as they announced XX for the west, but now I won't bother.
>>
>>380245672
Knack 2

Oh wait, that's Sony's 2017 lineup.
>>
>>380245821
Sure they will. They are maximizing the markets by making MH sell worldwide, and about time.

The switch is doing okay and it has zero games, people will buy whatever good title lands to the system.
>>
>>380242786
>Purposefully paid big to exclude a Switch port
The switch just can't run the damn game, you idiot.
They fucked you with low specs again, just deal with it and stop thinking big bad sony is the reason multiplats aren't coming to switch.
>>
>>380245171
I'm expecting somewhere around that number too.
Established fanbase in the west seems to be somewhere around half a million judging from sales alone on the newer titles.
So the question is how many of those can they keep and how many new players can they reel in.
I also can't really see the japs buying it a lot. They don't seem to be super into console MH looking back at the p3rd and 3U attempts.
Although maybe those only sold bad because they were ports. What's their reaction so far?
>>
>>380246540

Switch can run this game. You have no evidence to support that it couldn't.
>>
>>380242280
World looks dumbed down so it doesn't appeal to me. I'll stick with double cross until the real MonHun comes out. Hopefully Nintendo announces localisation because I still can't read japanese
>>
>>380246840
Not him but, the Switch has difficulty running BotW at a constant 60fps, I imagine it'd struggle with something much less stylized as well.
>>
>>380242280
What's up with the different fonts?
>>
>>380247038
it doesn't run at 60, it's stable 30

Nigger, why are you retarded?
>>
>>380247107
That's what I get for posting from my phone after tweeting about E3 for the past 3 days. Google Keyboard insisted on replacing 30fps with 60fps kek. But when docked, BotW has frame rate problems in certain situations. That's objective.
>>
>>380247223
No, it doesn't. It was patched ages ago.
>>
>>380247223
nope.

Again, why are you retarded, you dumb nigger?
>>
World probably because it's new and not a port of a rehash and Capcom wants to push it hard for the west
>>
>>380246840
You have no evidence to support it can. Shit's all conjecture.
>>
>>380247431
>>380247370
Ah my mistake. Played it before the patch I guess. I apologize.
>>
File: 1453257499599.jpg (17KB, 250x180px) Image search: [Google]
1453257499599.jpg
17KB, 250x180px
>>380242280
>tfw XX is anime styles garbage
>tfw World is westernized shit
>tfw just want a normal MH5
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>380247370

Eh, it still has framerate problems when grass is on fire and stuff, and there's no fixing Korok forest.

But it's stable for the most part.
>>
>>380242280
Sweet. Have both systems so i get to play both
>>
>>380242280
Im going to buy XX but only because I've just got a Switch and never played it before, I imagine the multiplat will sell better though.
>>
>>380246540
>The switch just can't run the damn game
The game visually looks so bad that I imagine the game would have ran well on the Switch. This isn't a case of the Switch's power, rather than Sony paid for the game to not be on a Nintendo console.
>how come they didn't just pay for it to be exclusive?
Because it's not MH5, Its outsourced so it might be shit and nobody plays MonHun on anything other than Japanese made consoles.
>>
>>380242280
Huge nintendo fan and never played monster hunter. I'm going to buy World to try the series out for the first time.
>>
File: The_Emoji_Movie_film_poster.jpg (44KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
The_Emoji_Movie_film_poster.jpg
44KB, 300x444px
>>380243575
>Sony has reached beyond a whole new level of retarded

Must be seeping in from their film division.
>>
>a port of a game thats already out on a console that just came out thatll probably stay in japan
>OR a new game on 3 systems thatll be released worldwide

hrmm.
>>
>>380242280
Probably the Sony one simply based on the larger install base
>>
To be quite honest i don't know. I love monster hunter but this game just isn't it if that makes sense. So i guess im buying Double cross
>>
>>380242280
Monster Hunter World for sure, people are hype for it. I'll be buying both
>>
>>380242493
understimate how much the japanese love monhun and palicoes
>>
>>380252421
>MHXX
>staying in japan

just like the other console ports of monster hunter games on the wii and wiiu right
>>
>>380255361
It makes that you are a single platform faggot.

Just play solo on PC for free. They won't be using Western DRM.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.