[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Crypt of the Necrodancer the best indie game ever made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (5KB, 531x189px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5KB, 531x189px
>10/10 replayability
>majestic soundtrack remixed in 7 different genres
>mods
>cheap DLC that adds 2x more items and content
>>
>>380241236
Didn't you just answer your own question?

Anyway, I didn't play it, but my personal top indie games are Shovel Knight, FTL and La Mulana. (Though those are probably very save choices.)
>>
>>380241383
I feel like COTN is very underrated, but when it gets attention its usually overwhelmingly positive

Those 3 games are gems, Shovel Knight is a perfect example of how pixel/retro indies should be done
>>
>>380241383
I'd put my top 3 as La Mulana,Shovel Knight,and VVVVVV
>>
>>380241596
Haven't played that one yet either, but I reckon I should. Cave Story is also up there with the best indie games.

>>380241561
Yeah, it is a bit under the radar, but everyone who played it seems to utterly love it.
>>
>>380241236
Reminder that if you haven't played Necrodancer on a DDR pad you really should
>>
File: 1-1024_4849.jpg (78KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
1-1024_4849.jpg
78KB, 1024x614px
It's okay. I like rhythm games but roguelites aren't really my bag. I started digging into Zachtronics games with Spacechem and TIS-100 and they're amazing, even if it makes me feel like a brainlet.
>>
>>380241236
It's a massive fucking waste that it never goes beyond a basic 4/4 beat aside from the conga boss and the optional powerup. Hell, the fact that the 2x speed characters don't account for the swing rhythm in World 2 just makes it seem like the devs know fuck all aobut music and rhythm.
>>
>>380241236
The best indie games I've ever played are Hollow Knight, The Turing Test and Skullgirls.

Haven't tried Necrodancer.

>Hollow Knight
Just amazingly fun metroidvania gameplay. Good soundtrack, nice animation and story.
>The Turing Test
I enjoy first person puzzle games and AI and this game has both! Listening to the conversations with an AI and what it means to be "real" and using actual arguments and thought experiments presented today on the discussion of artificial intelligence was fun for me, TOM was a great character and voiced really well.
>Skullgirls
Great animation and a fun roster to play with.
>>
File: auts.png (3KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
auts.png
3KB, 320x200px
>playing post-Cave Story *ndie games
>>
File: 2016-02-16_00002.jpg (489KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-16_00002.jpg
489KB, 1920x1080px
>>380244530
Havent played Turing Test but sounds like you would enjoy Talos Principle too, its a first person (even though you can toggle it into third person too) puzzle game that also deals with questions about what it means to be human or real, really good overall even if most of the story and philosophical food for thought is in text only
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.