[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Prey worth a buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Prey_cover_art.jpg (47KB, 280x357px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_cover_art.jpg
47KB, 280x357px
seen some footage and can't say I'm impressed so far
is this any good? I'm looking for Doom or Dead Space tier quality, if such a thing is even available right now
>>
I think it does but i'm waiting for summer sale.
>>
No its shit
>>
Nope. One of the most bland and stale experiences of this generation.

It tried to emulate System Shock but failed miserably
>>
>>380240634
the game is ok thought I wouldnt say its worth a buy at its current price.
maybe wait until its like $10 or less.
>>
>>380240634
one word
skidrowreloaded
>>
>>380240634

Just buy RE4
>>
>>380240634
>I'm looking for Doom or Dead Space tier quality,
Prey is more comparable to System Shock 2, the combat isn't super polished or well balanced, the real strength of the game is the very high quality level design and multitude of ways you can tackle any given situation and how the various tools and systems in the game can interact, backed by very strong world building and great atmosphere.

Basically, If you liked older immersive sims or even the original Bioshock you'll really enjoy Prey, if you want a monster shooting game with combat polished to a fine sheen look elsewhere.
>>
I loved Bioshock/Deus Ex/Dishonored and I loved this game. If you didn't like those games you won't like this.

Just the feeling of exploring a dead space station is fucking cool to me, same as it was with underwater bioshock.
>>
>>380241939
This
>>
>>380241939
came in the thread to praise the game but this is a pretty good review. I honestly think the atmosphere was above and beyond. the gameplay was a bit chunky but with the right upgrades, it can be a really satisfying fluid experience

I personally thought it was better than ss2 and bioshock. worst con was the weapon and enemy variety though

it's definitely comparable to dead space but a lot cleaner and less gory with worse combat
>>
File: 20170513203030_1.jpg (374KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170513203030_1.jpg
374KB, 1920x1200px
>>380241939
That and I liked the art design of the game with its Art Nouveau styled interiors.
>>
>>380243031
I really, really like the style of this game. It almost felt I was alone in that way of thinking because all I ever see is people saying they don't like the graphics.
>>
It's pretty good, but it's top tier
>>
>>380240634
It's great, if you enjoyed System Shock or the Bioshock games you'll like it. It's basically "SpaceShock"

I love exploring the station and using the actually good climbing system to get to stuff I shouldn't.
>>
File: 20170514164844_1.jpg (341KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170514164844_1.jpg
341KB, 1920x1200px
>>380243248
Me too. Also, apparently in future people actually program in Rust. That's gotta trigger some /g/entoomen.
>>
>>380243248
The only "graphics" complaint I've seen is that they didn't make female Morgan super hot. Not every character needs to be a sex bomb.
>>
>>380243640
I've seen a bunch about the texture quality and the fact the characters look too much like charicatures aka Dishonored style.
>>
>>380243640
The real problem with FeMyu is how her portrait only sort of looks like her.

But there has to be rule 34 of her
>>
File: ss-008.jpg (313KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
ss-008.jpg
313KB, 1280x960px
>>380240634
Yes it worth a buy but not at full price.
I think Arkane went a bit too artsy, it's nice to have ultra polished environnements and trying to innovate in term of design but FPS player still buy games to have fun killing things, not to play with a glue guns.

More Dark Messiah and less Half-Life 2.
>>
>>380243781
>>380243640

This is a valid complaint, the character models of the leads stray into Dishonored fantasy design style, whilst everyone else is realistic.

Also an issue is the 'filter' or whatever they put on the game in post-processing that gives it almost a cartoonish unreality to it, when it's a cryengine game and we all know it can do 'realistic'.

It pulled me out of the immersion far more than the old graphics of SS2 or Deus Ex ever do simply because it's clear they are aiming to be as real as they possibly can whilst the devs have made a choice to make it look this way with Prey which is... frustrating.

Other issues is the 'tweest' is obvious and the fully unveiled plot is far lest interesting than the mystery that is presented. Unlike say SS2 which has a better twist and is compelling from beginning to end.

That said, this is the best immersive sim since DX:MD.... and it's likely to be the last one for a while with DX being benched, so I highly recommend getting it and enjoying it.

It is a more 'complete' game than DX:MD... it doesn't play as well, or compete on storyline though.

It is NOT as good as SS2.
>>
>>380244538
Graphics didn't bother me at all. I don't think it's really a valid complaint to be honest since you don't spend much of the game looking at human faces even if you dislike the art style. It's like complaining about a game that has bad water animations for water you've never even supposed to be around for more than a minute.

Gameplay is important and this game is fun to play if you like the Shock style games.
>>
No. Anybody who paid for this is fucking retarded. It is your flavor of the month triple A shiny turd. You will not get more than 10 hours out of it.
>>
>>380245128
>You will not get more than 10 hours out of it.
Complete bullshit

I have 21 hours in it and I haven't been to every section of the station yet. I am playing slower and exploring A LOT but even then I'm not going to be adding that much time. Also playing on hard.

You'd have to rush your ass off and get the potential mid-game ending to get 10 hours.

I'm sure the game can be completed very quickly, but not if you're actually exploring, reading notes and trying to find resources and exotic typhon to scan.
>>
>>380240634
It's boring. I thought I'd like it because people said "it's like System Shock" etc. But in reality it's boring romp in art deco space station. Imagine... You... Alone... Space station...Following clues sent by a Mysterious Stranger.

What a genius idea, never before seen. Just pirate it.
>>
>>380241939
This. You replay it for the setting, side stories and to try different builds, not because combat is fancy.
With all the Neuromods I made, I could've had borderline infinite ammo for everything. And I still had crazy amounts of surplus ammo from being picky and stingy, nevermind around 80+ medikits sitting in my inventory.
>>
Play Dead Space 2 instead. Guess where they stole the eye prickle thing from.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.