[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SotC is fucking trash, debate me, NeoGAF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: not what it looks like.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
not what it looks like.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
Shadow of the Colossus is an incredible piece of shit.

>looks like PS1 game
>literally (LITERALLY) 14 FPS on PS2 back then, see Youtube videos
>can't die
>the best example of a casual cinematic game people seem to hate but no one cares in this case
>basically no gameplay
>just an empty open world without fucking ANYTHING to do
>disgusting horse controls that want you to do button combos for the most simple things that could be easily possible with just tilt controls (see Zelda TP)
>colossi barely even attack you
>if you actually lost health, to make sure you don't die and don't have to do the same shit all over again, you must walk away and wait five minutes for your health to refill, they were too retarded to implement potions
>yes, there is auto health regen but apparently it's OK when Sony does it
>whole gameplay is "jump onto colossus, hold R button, then crawl to the shining, blue point and attack for 10 seconds, repeat"
>there are always voices telling you what to do and how to kill a colossus even if you don't really know what to do for a minute
>disgusting cinematic camera that only lets you see one side of the character (rule of third)
>absolute piece of shit graphics with flowers being just a 2D surface floating in the air

Everyone who likes this game is never allowed to criticise any other video game because every single flaw they could complain about is in this game right here.
>>
File: sotc emulator.jpg (438KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sotc emulator.jpg
438KB, 1920x1080px
>>380238552
Well, it also gave us this casual climbing meme in the first place which is ruining Monster Hunter right now.
>>
File: the difference.jpg (706KB, 2877x862px) Image search: [Google]
the difference.jpg
706KB, 2877x862px
SotC looked like shit for even PS2, the remake will look like hot garbage for PS4 Pro.
>>
Nobody should even give this guy a (you)
>>
OP you're still a gigantic faggot.
>>
File: 24+colossi+statues.jpg (46KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
24+colossi+statues.jpg
46KB, 640x357px
>>380238791

Would b e pretty dumb doing it since what I stated is like 70% fact, 30& subjective. The game is shit. As a Sony droney you of course should just close your eyes and ignore this thread.
>>
Neoga/v/ won't debate you
>>
>>380238552
Okay, I'll bite.
>PS1 graphics
You've never seen a PS1 game.
>frame rate
HD Collection improves framerate.
>You can't die
You can.
>No gameplay
There are puzzle solving and action elements.
>Horse controls bad
Git gud, Agro controls like a dream.
>Gameplay is the always the same
You forgot to mention the stamina management, using your horse in specific fights, and environmental puzzle solving.
>Camera is cinematic
Being cinematic doesn't mean it isn't effective or useful.
>>
File: sotc hd2.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sotc hd2.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
>>380241329
>You've never seen a PS1 game.
Are you autistic or do you not know what truthful hyperbole is? Except for the filtered textures it kinda looks like a PS1 game, though.

>HD Collection improves framerate.
Doesn't change the 14 FPS shit original game is what the developers and Sony looked at and said "yep, that's good enough, send it out". It also doesn't change, that the original is the version most people played and definitely played first.

>You can.
Truthful hyperbole. It's piss easy.

>There are puzzle solving and action elements.
I said "basically" and further explained, see the rest of my post.

>Git gud, Agro controls like a dream.
It controls like a piece of shit, I explained it. It can't really do anything horses in other games like BotW can't do, yet it requires more buttons and even button combos. Basically artificial content to make up for the emptiness in the world.

>Gameplay is the always the same
Not what I said. I explained what you usually do in this game, though, and that's repetitive and can be easily summarized.

>Being cinematic doesn't mean it isn't effective or useful.
Not seeing what's to either your left or right certainly is not useful. God of War does the same now. It's horrible and catering to the absolutely most retarded kinf of gamers.
>>
File: 1457708028620.png (362KB, 634x374px) Image search: [Google]
1457708028620.png
362KB, 634x374px
>>380238771
>this Nintendo autist is still around
How are you still mad that everyone hates TP?
>>
>>380241867
Not him and I get that you're trolling but how did you even come up with the term "artificial content" when referring to horse controls, that's the dumbest shit i've ever read. I do agree that they went full retard when releasing a PS2 game that runs that poorly.
>>
>>380242265
It runs poorly because the game is an amazing feat of technicality. All those particles, the hair, the animations, the physics. Not a single Nintendo game has done anything as impressive as Sony did with SOTC.
>>
>>380238552
its ok when Japan does it
>>
>>380242621
Haven't played a Nintendo game for longer than 10min so I can't really comment on that and I'm not a game designer so this doesn't really hold weight but couldn't they do some of the usual optimization trickery to have the game not almost grind to a halt when looking at ruins and fighting a colossus. But yeah now that I think about it the hair probably ate up 50% of the resources at any given time and it was the core gameplay element so they didn't really have a way to go around it.
>>
>>380241867
>Are you autistic or do you not know what truthful hyperbole is? Except for the filtered textures it kinda looks like a PS1 game, though.

Raw polygon count, fur effect, bloom, hdr, raw scale. You're an autist that probably never played a ps1 game.
> Doesn't change the 14 FPS shit original game is what the developers and Sony looked at and said "yep, that's good enough, send it out". It also doesn't change, that the original is the version most people played and definitely played first.

back around in 2005 days, we didn't have as many autists that cared for nothing but framerate, it didn't stop us from enjoying the game at all.
> It controls like a piece of shit, I explained it. It can't really do anything horses in other games like BotW can't do, yet it requires more buttons and even button combos. Basically artificial content to make up for the emptiness in the world.

Agro controls are great if you master them, and even then if your autism is really kicking in hard atm, you can just have him go on rails if you know how.
>>
>>380242998
No. Practically none of the effects in the game are seen in other games of that generation. And SOTC had all of them blended masterfully. Even the lighting was good.
>>
>>380241867
>Doesn't change the 14 FPS shit original game
There's an official improvement out there, now you're just being a bitch.

>Repetitive gameplay
The crux of the game is to climb up monsters and kill them, I don't know what you want out of it that won't take away from what makes the game what it is. Would a crafting system make you happy?

>Not seeing what's to either your left or right certainly is not useful.
The camera stops doing the rule of thirds stuff if you aren't holding the "look at colossus" button.

>Truthful hyperbole
Shut the fuck up.
>>
It was absolutely incredible when it came out and held up in hd collection.
The atmosphere, the design of bosses, pure gameplay, gameplay mechanics were agead of it's time.
BUT
hear me out
BUT
rereleasing same game twice in a row. NOW WITH EVEN MORE PIXELS GOYIM.. fuck off sony, just fuck off. It is not a consumer fault that last guardian was shit and flopped, don't go and juice some more easy money from teamico IPs/universe.
>>
>>380243481
>>380243039
Objectively BTFO, holy fuck I'm feeling the aftershock from here

>truthful hyperbole
the fucking autism.
>>
>>380244393
just for you Mr. baiter
>>
>>380242265
How is it retarded or more retarded than any other "artificial ..." creation? You surely got what I meant. It's hardly actual content and I'm sure there is a relation when looking at games with way, way more content and a more complex world that don't have overly complicated shit horse controls for the sake of having overcomplicated horse controls.

>>380242621
Have you actually seen this picture >>380238771? Or any other picture in this thread? SotC looks like hot garbage.

>>380242256
Your weird jabbering doesn't change anything about the picture you quoted.

>>380242778
Apparently.

>There's an official improvement out there, now you're just being a bitch.
What are you talking about? The original game (the one I'm talking about, the one we all played since we aren't children [right?], the one we bought at full price back then) ran at 14 FPS at times despite horrible graphics and an empty world with barely any assets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_GLmE7ZBPE

You can't just disregard the fucking ORIGINAL game because it fits your fanboy thinking system. If you want to do this, we also have to judge the graphics differently and the graphics are obviously shit for PS3 standards.

>The camera stops doing the rule of thirds stuff if you aren't holding the "look at colossus" button.
Maybe in the PS3 version which I haven't played. In the original it's in this mode by default.

>Shut the fuck up.
Then stop arguing with adult people if you can't into critical thinking and take everything literally like a 4 year old.

>>380243849
It's a shit game and you sound like you haev a single-digit IQ.
>>
>>380244393
This mentally retarded faggot didn't even address half my OP and strawmanned me.
>>
File: sotc.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
sotc.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
A... masterpiece... So... beautiful... Wow.
>>
What kind of PS1 games did you play?

sage.
>>
>>380247734
Are Sonybros actually inept to not taking everything perfectly literally?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-gift-aging/201304/people-autism-spectrum-disorder-take-things-literally

You guys literally have autism. Holy shit. Kek.

When someone says "looks like a PS2/N64/SNES/DS" game or whatever, he obviously just means it looks bad.
>>
>>380247982
It also literally means you're talking out of your ass.

If your games need to be shinier or need more horse features, that's cool. It doesn't mean someone couldn't enjoy the aesthetics in 2005.
>>
>>380248363
No, it means the game looks like shit and whoever disagrees is a clueless fanboy. The only thing remotely good-looking about the game was the fur of some colossi. Everything else was just a generic clusterfuck and the only two characters in the game have less polygons
than some side NPC in FFXII.
>>
>>380238552
Silly anon, back in the time of the PS2 people didnt care about trivial things like framrate
>>
>>380248839
>whoever disagrees is a clueless fanboy
lol. With that kind of batshit attitude it's kind of absurd to even have an argument about this. We're talking about taste of visuals and opinion on gameplay enjoyment after all.

Half of your opening statements are false too.
>>
how young are you OP
>>
File: 1394056518883.jpg (87KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1394056518883.jpg
87KB, 599x337px
I hate SotC purely because it was a horrible influence for a lot of ARPGs.
>first Lords of Shadows
>those incredibly boring platforming bosses where you hit glowing spot while trying to not die from boredom
And that's a shame because i like ICO.
>>
>>380247354
>You can't just disregard the fucking ORIGINAL game because it fits your fanboy thinking system.
But you can just disregard the HD collection because it doesn't fit your thinking system? The graphics are shit for PS3, but you also think they're shit for PS2, so this doesn't really change anything anyway.

>Maybe in the PS3 version which I haven't played.
Well, it seems this version fixes some of your issues, but you refuse to acknowledge it so I don't know what to tell you.

>Then stop arguing with adult people if you can't into critical thinking and take everything literally like a 4 year old.
You're using a fallacy to stop me from calling you out on your opinion. Maybe this would work in a polite environment, but I'm not afraid to tell you how much of a faggot you are for trying it.
>>
New SotC player here, what's the song that plays when the title shows up at the end of the new trailer?

I've heard it before but I can't seem to find it.
Found where I've heard it, the ps3 theme when you hover over the game on the menu. What's the name?
>>
>It's another "I hate something purely because it's popular and analyze it by modern standards without even trying to understand what made it special when it got released" episode

The shocking thing is that this has been getting kinda rare and usually gets drowned in console wars shitposting.
>>
>>380250353
Revived Power?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVNcmGjNW6c
>>
People are still gonna buy it.
>>
>>380239314
wow, rude. but you're wrong. still one of the most loves ps2 games and the hype is real for ps4.
>>
I agree that it's MASSIVELY fucking overrated. Hardly plays any different than indie garbage.

>get on horse
>travel through le comfy open field to boss
>stab his glowy thing
>teleport back to hub
>rinse and repeat 15 fucking more times
>>
>>380250597
That's it, thanks anon
>>
File: triangular neck.png (1MB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
triangular neck.png
1MB, 1200x700px
>>380249931
>But you can just disregard the HD collection because it doesn't fit your thinking system?
Uh, yes, I can? Otherwise whenever someone bashes a game I like, let's say Dark Souls 3, I could just say "no, stop saying bad things about the 28 FPS and the bad graphics, it will get a new edition in five years". I played the original game, I have no intrest in playing it again. This was my experience. My experience was bad. My experience was supposed to be the way it was. People looked at this game and gave it their OK. This is what I paid for.

>You're using a fallacy to stop me from calling you out on your opinion. Maybe this would work in a polite environment, but I'm not afraid to tell you how much of a faggot you are for trying it.
Fallacies are a privilege, you can abuse them to your liking if you're winning anyway and your opponent is a retard wasting your time.
>>
>>380250889
>argumentum ad populum
You can do this when you are like "fuck it, mate, I don't care, people agree with me, your loss" and want to leave. But you won't win any debate with this.
>>
Cry more?
>>
>>380238552

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesthetics
>>
>>380238552
>>looks like PS1 game
no it looks like an early ps3 game fuck off stopped reading right there
>>
>>380251379
>This was my experience.
Sorry you didn't enjoy it. Your subjective opinion really puts down one of the greatest games of all time.
>>
>>380238552
why do I get the feeling you were in diapers when this game came out?
>>
>>380251860
It's horrible and I stated a lot of facts like repetitive as hell gameplay, auto-refilling health that wants you to wait for ages instead of potions or anything comparable, the game being way too easy with fall damage almost non-existing, the whole point of the gameplay being holding shoulder button and tilt control stick, then mash attack button on weakspot.
>>
>>380252107
Those sure are some facts, have yet to see why any of those detract from the experience.
>>
File: MHWorld_E3_art1.jpg (471KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
MHWorld_E3_art1.jpg
471KB, 2048x1152px
>>380238552
I think we both know what this is really about.
>>
real talk

xbox and gamecube were way better. stronger games, better graphics and controllers, and excellent multiplayer consoles
>>
>>380252243
What?

>>380252271
What?
>>
>>380251379
>Uh, yes, I can? Otherwise whenever someone bashes a game I like, let's say Dark Souls 3, I could just say "no, stop saying bad things about the 28 FPS and the bad graphics, it will get a new edition in five years".
You're basing this on the fact that Dark Souls 3 currently has no update. This game does have an update though. It's actually more like: "Dragon's Dogma is shit."
"But the PC port fixed its technical problems."
"That doesn't count, I played it on PS3."
So I have to ask, when did you play Shadow of the Colossus and form your opinion? Before or after the HD collection?

>Fallacies are a privilege, you can abuse them to your liking if you're winning anyway and your opponent is a retard wasting your time.
If you're winning, and I'm just a retard wasting your time, why don't you just walk away from the argument?
>>
>>380241329
>Agro controls like a dream.
i'm sorry you've only ever had nightmares anon
>>
>>380252785
Fine, I can't be arsed to come up with a good example anyway. It's just so stupid to completely ignore the original game and its playability just because there was a Jewhash.

And because I'm always looking forward to people proving me wrong. I don't want to be a bitter alien. Apparently everyone loves this piece of shit. I understand "big titan, epic", but I don't understand overlooking all those flaws, focus on cinematic shit with a cancer camera and reptitive gameplay. I'm happy to see some proof I'm wrong.
>>
This Guardian game or what the name was just proved the developer is shit.
>>
I like climbing the big monsters and stabbing them with cool music. Its basically all puzzle fights but I like it.
Open world is shit though and anyone that says the story is beautiful or some shit like that is deluded.
>>
>>380238552
Unironically modern kiddies won't understand the appeal of this game. The entire idea of climbing moving things was completely new at the time, it blew minds
>>
>>380253559
No, it wasn't. Do your own research.
>>
>>380241867
>I was being hyperbolic!
Kill yourself
>>
>>380241867
>Truthful hyperbole
Is this CNN?
>>
>>380253667
>research
Unlike you, I was alive at the time. It blew my mind when I saw it and it blew it again when I played it. It's good, but these days you won't get it
>>
I think SotC is a bad game but a cool interactive experience that's worth playing through.
>>
I hope they add little monsters you can fight in the field and all the bosses they couldn't before.
>>
>>380253920
Nu-v, everyone
>>
is this game worth playing if you already know the twist?
>>
>>380254268
>is it worth playing a Fumito Ueda game
No, it's not. For you the best experience would be hanging self by the neck until dead
>>
>>380254409
jeez guy, tell us how you REALLY feel!
>>
Why didn't they have revived power in the trailer? missed opportunity.
https://streamable.com/zgso8
>>
>>380254268
I'd say it's still worth playing. It feels a little dated now but a lot of love went into the colossi and the environments. Each fight is like a little puzzle and each boss has a different personality, and the world feels like it has a sad history to it even though it's mostly barren.

There's not much challenge but the game is still really neat just because of the craft that went into it.
>>
>>380254721
https://streamable.com/5pgmu
Tried fixing the other one.
>>
>>380251379

>muh graphics
Fuck off

>14 fps
Fuck off

>repetitive
Fuck off

If you played it all the way through hating it as much as you apparently do then you're a masochist. If you quit then you're a whiny fag.

Wanting to win internet arguments makes your time even less valuable.

I'm not here to prove you wrong, I'm here to call you a faguar
>>
File: 1487784427962.jpg (54KB, 510x370px) Image search: [Google]
1487784427962.jpg
54KB, 510x370px
>>380254409
How did Ueda hurt you, anon?
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.