[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this a good game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: the-elder-scrolls-4-oblivion.jpg (39KB, 500x164px) Image search: [Google]
the-elder-scrolls-4-oblivion.jpg
39KB, 500x164px
is this a good game
>>
It can be.
>>
Yes and no. It's a fantastic game with a few mods.
>>
>>380238163
No, it shat all over the world building
>>
>>380238163
Better than Skyrim but people oversee it because Skyrim was released in a time when a number of playable RPGs was miniscule.
>>
>>380238163

It holds up, considering it's old enough to be in fifth grade.
>>
Eh

I liked the combat, felt good to go at shit with a sword while throwing fireballs

But the questing and the world of it was just as bland as can be. They are pressuring me to save the world and go follow the Emperor's instructions and all this, but I can't be compelled to care about any of that because I would rather be beating up skeletons somewhere
>>
It is, just not better than Morrowind or skyrim.
>>
Morrowind > Oblivion > > > > Skyshit
>>
>>380238163
Replaying it right now with no mods, and I'm having a great time, it's amazing after Skyrim and especially Fallout 4 to be reminded that bethesda can do some really interesting quests if they try
>>
>>380238163
Best RPG of all time
>>
>>380238163
Better than Skyrim, worse than Morrowind.

7/10
>>
File: 1477599726637.jpg (563KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1477599726637.jpg
563KB, 1500x1714px
>>380238163
Oh yes, but I'm sure you'll enjoy Skyrim more.
Or what about Morrowind, the latest expansion of the best MMO on the market (TES O). Make sure to grab a copy for your friends too
>>
>>380241816

So, this might seem obvious - but who actually designs the quests?

From my understanding, writers create the story for a quest, and then with the assets given the programmers script it together right?

Anyone familiar with the field know what process quests go through to hit the final stage?
>>
>>380241981

I felt it was better than Morrowind and worse than Skyrim

Morrowind is like the utmost lowest quality game I have seen, and I'm talking like back when Morrowind came out, even then the graphics and animations were embarrassingly dated and the textures looked like bullshit.
>>
>>380238163
it's amazing with some mods to brush up the graphics and add some content/balance for combat/levelling.

I have spent 80 hours just on exploring, Fighter's Guild, Thieves and Daedric quests.
>>
File: need a bigger bait.png (9KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
need a bigger bait.png
9KB, 500x501px
>>380242396
>>
This game holds so much nostalgia for me that I honestly can't enjoy any other Elder Scrolls game.
/blog
I was on a 4-5 month road trip with my grandparents, we were going around the USA seeing all of the big nation parks such as Yellowstone, Yoshimite, Arches, Badlands, etc. List goes on. We stopped at a Super Walmart and I saw the game, had no idea what it was but it looked cool. Picked it up and sat on the couch in the 32ft RV while my parents slept in the back and I would just play all hours of the night when we were camped at a place with electricity. Sometimes I had to go a week or more without being able to play it so when I was able to I went ham. I did basically everything three times over. I was around 11? maybe closer to 13?
Man, fuck. I've played through all of TES games and nothing can compare simply because of that experience. Even going back now it holds the fuck up so well and with some mods to improve its pitfalls it's just so fucking good.
>>
>>380238163
Yeah it is but its level and loot system makes the game harder the more you level up which is really funny lol
>>
I want to play Morrowind but there's no fast travel, which sounds awful and tedious. I know there's a mod that enables it, but then I'll feel like I didn't play the game the way it was meant to BE played. What should I do in this situation? Is the absence of fast travel not as bad as it sounds in Morrowind?
>>
File: 9sUCR4j.jpg (293KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
9sUCR4j.jpg
293KB, 1600x900px
>>380243910
That sounds pretty comfy anon, I remember playing it all one summer, I was old enough to really get into it but still young enough to not notice most of the flaws like I do now, it was brilliant
>>
>>380244136
Instead of fast travel you have silt striders that take you to different cities for a small fee

There's also the boots of blinding speed which you can get really early in the game if you know where to go
>>
The only RPG I've ever played that was anywhere near as good as Oblivion was Baldur's Gate 1 with the ToTSC expansion. So yes it's good.
>>
>>380238163
Yeah, buy or pirate the GOG version.
>>
File: 1497098973928.jpg (163KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
1497098973928.jpg
163KB, 500x517px
>>380242191
Go away todd.
>>
>>380242396
Reported.
>>
>>380244136
The bus system's not that hard to figure out anon.
>>
>>380244136
As an oblivion fag i didnt had much of an issue with that. Morrowind is a bit tough only in the first few levels, once you get better gear and get familiar with how the world works, everything will be piss easy. Since there's no fast-travel in oblivion's fashion, take advantage of what morrowind offects, silt striders, boat rides, mage's guild teleports, intervention/mark/recall spells an/or enchanted items. What i did is that i got items enchanted with mark/recall and divine intervention, so if i want to head back to town fast i just pop one of these items and im already there.

tl;dr Morrowind is only "hard" at first but once you get cool shit its easier.
>>
It's far from flawless, I'll tell you that, but it has probably the best mods out of all Bethesda games and a ton of content. My current playthrough I've started in 2011. Playing on and off again since then, I still haven't exhausted everything the game has to offer.
>>
>>380242389

>writers create the story for a quest, and then with the assets given the programmers script it together right?

hahahahaha no you are retarded

fuck me bethesda has an open toolkit for you to use, what the fuck do you think modders do

fucking retard go back to /reddit/
>>
>>380244136

>but there's no fast travel, which sounds awful and tedious

fucking normie go back to /school/
>>
>>380238163
Yes, don't listen to the contrarian Morrowniggers. Oblivion is fucking great, even better with mods. And it's fucking comfy as hell with actual memorable quests.
>>
>>380245261

its almost like you have to use your fucking intuition to navigate the world, my god how tedious!!!11
>>
>>380245684

am i the only one who actually enjoys both games thoroughly? morrowind was my first ever elder scrolls, then oblivion and then skyrimjob

i enjoyed every game but skyrim doesnt even compare
>>
I just wish somebody had made an OOO style overhaul for SI. I had to resort to cheesing shit with 100% Chameleon because fuck dealing with auto-leveled Grummite Deathbringers and Elder Gnarls around lvl 50.
>>
>>380245830
I like Morrowind too but it's Morrowniggers who endlessly bash Oblivion despite it being the last rpg made by Bethesda. There's absolutely nothing in their shity new games that cone close to Oblivion's questlines and even guild story arcs like the Brotherhood, Thives guild and the Mages Guild.
>>
>>380246287
>the last rpg made by Bethesda
Skyrim was a good RPG
>>
>>380246980

it was lacking that bethesda charm, seemed very cookie-cutter compared to the others. they also removed alot of RPG elements in favour of normie-approved easy to understand mechanics
>>
>>380238163
Vanilla is ok. With the proper mods, it can be one of the best experiences you will ever have.
>>
>>380246980
Skyrim is not an RPG. It's an action game with a few RPG features tacked on.
>>
>>380247387

can you recommend some mods? going to play it again after a few years hiatus
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsC5IEXDag

Go on /v/, click on this link and listen for just a few seconds. Maybe even close your eyes for a bit.

No game can match the atmosphere that Oblivion had.
>>
>>380247661
Start out with these

http://www.pcgamer.com/ten-essential-oblivion-mods/

('natural environments' is outdated btw. Use 'All Natural' instead)
>>
It's *crashes* actually *crashes* not *crashes* bad *crashes*.
>>
>>380238163
It was pretty good when it came out but play it now after skyrim, things might look a bit weird especially the character models. The story is decent though, scenery is nice and shivering isles is extremely comfy. If you like playing mages you'll enjoy spellcrafting aswell which they took out of skyrim.
>>
File: fuck this gay earth.gif (197KB, 210x131px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this gay earth.gif
197KB, 210x131px
>>380245261
Goddamnit. This just reminds me of one more thing Morrowind did better.

Look at all those fucking travel points.

Nah mane, better """""""streamline"""""" the game down to nine settlements and just let player teleport anywhere because 'quality of life' amirite?
>>
>>380242191
I know you're memeing but Todd has been the lead Director of Bethsda since his success at making Morrowind. You have him to thank for Morrowind and Oblivion.
>>
+ best music in the series
+ best faction questlines in the series
+ best expansion in the series
+ most complex and interesting npc routines/behaviour in the series
- wildy different, almost cartoon like aesthetic when it comes to races and characters to the rest of the series
- about 3 different voice actors across the 10 races and hundreds of npcs
- uninteresting and poorly designed environment
>>
>>380248389
>and Oblivion
He said verbatim, the he and the dev team were "sick of elder scrolls" by the time they were done making Oblivion. Something like the last two to six months being complete torture.

I ways felt Oblivion was missing something. Heart maybe. All the downsized skills and enchantment options and shit. It made perfect sense when he said that.
>>
>>380248808
Game development is hell, I imagine most developers are sick of their game by the time it launches.

Especially developers for a game as bug-riddled and complex as Oblivion was.
>>
>>380248808
That's one of the reasons I don't care for oblivion. It feels like a typical tolken~esque game. I prefer Skyrim's world to Oblivion. Still love Morrowind, though.
>>
File: 1407525372430.jpg (23KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1407525372430.jpg
23KB, 600x449px
>>380238163
It would be pretty cool to play Oblivion again, but I just can't mod it anymore. I tried like half year ago modding it only to get ctd no matter what I did after few mods.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.