[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much is too much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: WTF.jpg (310KB, 1012x781px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
310KB, 1012x781px
Is there a limit for how much one should pay for an indie game/early access/disease?
>>
>>380235681
>season pass for a game that isn't even finished
How in the fucking hell do they get away with it. Why isn't anyone monitoring this shit and calling it out for being unethical selling practices?
>>
>>380235857
Because laws are outdated and no one in power gives a fuck about video games. The only ones who can do anything about it is steam, but it's making them money, so it's in their best interest not to.
>>
>>380235681
Anything is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
>>
>>380235857
Because when the season pass releases, the game will be finished retard.
>>
>>380236438
OP here, I sincerely doubt it. Which is the reason it's called a season pass instead of just being the base game + updates.
>>
>>380235681
I don't know how people find this hard to understand, ARK won't be in early access in a few weeks. And it's by far the best survival game on the market. Runs loops around all other 3D Survival games.
>>
People have spent far, far more on their smartphone games.
>>
>>380236543
ARK is literally getting it's full release in a few weeks time. It will be 100% out of early access. The season pass is for the 3 expansions they are working on.
>>
>>380235681
Oh there's a physical version on the way, Good that was what I was waiting for, I'll be sure to buy it used for far less than what it'll cost at launch. Does ARK have an offline mode/single player campaign? If it doesn't I'll wait until it's dirt cheap and even then I may not buy it.
>>
>>380236546
how does it feel to be so fucking wrong? Ark has tons of content but the general feel and UI of the game is terrible
>>
>>380236736
I don't know how long ago you played, but the UI has been heavily updated in the past 2 updates and will continue to be updated. I repeat, ARK will no longer be in early access in a few weeks. It is hitting it's 1.0 build.
>>
File: 1445700215639.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1445700215639.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>380235681

No fucking way. If you google it ARK hasn't gone below $50 on psn and it was the best seller for months.

Why the fuck do sonybros spend so much on this shit?
>>
>>380236667
Yes, there is offline. There isn't currently a story mode, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the expansion packs added it or if it was a free update.
>>
>>380236901
PC player here, maybe because the game is really good? As I said previously, it's easily the best survival game in the market currently. Easily has the most content as well. You can sink 1000 hours into the game and not experience 65% of it.
>>
>>380236932
There's an offline mode? Excellent, then I'll be buying the physical version of ARK when it's available.
>>
>>380237030

>fun
yes
>not a glitchy unoptimised piece of shit
no

$50 is fucking ridiculous, I got it for $15 I think a year ago
>>
>>380235681
>no offline mode
Th-thanks guys, I love playing with frie-
>>
>>380237117
$50 even $60 bux is a smallprice to pay to keep physical vidya around anon. Maybe you prefer digital only doesn't mean others shouldn't have the option to physical disk.
>>
>>380237117
It really isn't glitchy at all. I have about 1000 hours in the game and I really never experience many glitches. The devs are also focusing on optimization for the final patches before the game releases.

>$50 is fucking ridiculous, I got it for $15 I think a year ago

Have you played the game since then? The game gets monthly gigantic updates.
>>
>>380237296
There is an offline mode. The hell are you talking about? You can play the game 100% single player. With mods and stuff on PC you can add NPC's who build bases around the island that you can raid.
>>
>>380237303

It hassn't gone below $50 on psn.
>>380237364
Play it a bit occasionally, not my go to though
>>
>>380237463
I am only aware of it from steam and I know steam is online only
Is there a source to offline mode because I've never heard of it in the years it's been in beta
>>
>>380237546
Did you even read what I wrote? I prefer physical blu-rays with box art, fuck digital.
>>
>>380237729

>paying 5x as much for a game for a pretty box
Nice
>>
>>380237854
>Ignores that I actually own my physical media
>It's just a box

uhuh
>>
>>380237605
You can play the game in a mode called single player, that's all I play on PC. Just go to the menu and press "Singleplayer"
>>
>>380238058

Why would you care if you physically own it?

Digital always lasts much longer.
>>
>>380238227
My NES games from the 80's say otherwise. If you buy on consoles, when Xbox Live/PSN on that console shuts down, you are fucked and can NEVER play that game again. Steam isn't a worry though.
>>
File: thatfeel.jpg (69KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
thatfeel.jpg
69KB, 645x773px
>>380235681
>mfw this game still hasn't even remotely fixed the problem of power consolidation
>all of the things that were desperately needed for solo players or smaller tribes are only available to alpha tribes
>>
>>380238313
In general digital lasts longer, you never get the remaster crap on steam. I know people who've bought minecraft/gta multiple times when they switched from ps3 to ps4, and they'll probably buy it again for the ps5.
>>
>>380238343
Combine forces and take them down? I've taken down numerous alpha tribes on official.
>>
>>380238510
>I've taken down numerous alpha tribes on official.

If you took them down then they weren't alpha tribes.

The alpha tribe can wipe whoever they want whenever they want to, and there is little to nothing you can do about it. With the tech tier, the though of even challenging one is laughable.
>>
>>380238227
All of my old CDs still work, Blu-rays by comparison are nearly indestructable. There's much more freedom with physical disks, which can be ripped anyway, and there's no risk of having the game disappear from any virtual store. Digital is fine because it's cheap but for me it''ll never replace physical storage. You disagree obviously, that's OK .
>>
>>380238790
see >>380238498
>>
File: Tigron.jpg (75KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Tigron.jpg
75KB, 1024x576px
>>380238916

I did

>>380238498

>remasters

I still have my old systems, all I really need is my BC PS3, it runs everything just fine, but over the years I've had/given away multiple systems for fun since they drop down in price fairly quickly.

I never repurchased GTAV because I heard it was coming out for PS4, If I had bought GTAV for PS3 I would have simply re-sold it and bought it for PS4 but I really don't need to double or triple dip on vidya because I keep my old systems.

Something like Wipeout Omega Collection is different in the sense that the new version has new content like that new Van Uber ship and even a whole new soundtrack that's mostly good. To each their own, I'm not shitting on PC but PC doesn't have physical media for vidya in the traditional console sense and I dislike that.
>>
>>380236546
It's fucking trash, it's the best example that quantity doesn't make a good game.
>>
>>380237030
Okay shill.
>>
>>380238313
>If you buy on consoles, when Xbox Live/PSN on that console shuts down, you are fucked and can NEVER play that game again

Who cares ? By that time it happens you will be able to play all those game on an emulator (which become better and better every year) with a cheap computer. I don't own a single PS1 game anymore but I can play to virtually all of them in 3 clicks.

The only good argument is if you are a collector (something I can understand) or if you want to play in your underground bunker after society collapsed but the argument to keep them because "it will last longer" is retarded.
>>
>>380237364
It's on a fucking disc and sold for money how's it not considered finished?
>>
>>380242889
The disc version isn't released yet, it's releasing the day the game is finished in August.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.