[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E3 Venting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 328857.jpg (17KB, 260x160px) Image search: [Google]
328857.jpg
17KB, 260x160px
This is a safe space for our emotions.

Disregard platform, franchise, and likelihood of being made altogether.

What vidya would have made you happy to see E3 this year? Come on anon, you can tell me. We're here for you.
>>
>>380229747
Pikmin 4 or a real sequel to Chibi robo
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (94KB, 695x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
94KB, 695x715px
>>380229747
>beyond good and evil 2 is a prequel

It's been 8 years since we saw that teaser with Peyj and Jade and they decided to give us a prequel. A game set in another planet with new characters I could deal with, but a prequel? What the hell are they thinking?
>>
>>380230003
this is like Half life 3 being a gordon freeman backstory when he was at MIT

actually, that sounds kinda rad
>>
>>380230148
Except not because this takes place before Jade was even born.
>>
>>380230148
It's more like if half life 3 takes place before Gordon freeman existed.
>>
Spiderman is looking pretty good. Hopefully it isn't all cutscene bullshit. I've been trying to get my Spiderman fix since Spiderman 2. If it's a good game I'll buy a PS4 for it.
>>
>>380230148
>the goal of the game is to try picking up chicks and getting Gordon laid while dealing with the fact he doesn't talk
>>
>>380229747
More from bethesda, in general. Such a fucking disappointment.

>>380229919
it's not too late, friend. We still got tomorrow
>>
MHW looks like everything I wanted it to be and more. Really looking forward to seeing how combat works.

I'm also really happy that a new Metro is being made. Mario+Rabbids also might actually convince me to buy a switch which I wasn't expecting.
>>
No goddamn red read footage!!! I mean really. It's been delayed. Give us fucking something!!!
>>
>>380230817
hopefully they don't start pulling the valve card
>we might change our minds on stuff so we're not showing anything
>>
File: 20170610163112_1.jpg (201KB, 1301x1298px) Image search: [Google]
20170610163112_1.jpg
201KB, 1301x1298px
>>380229747
Honestly? The main thing that's bumming me out about this E3 is most of /v/. I'm a VR dev and seeing this much negativity regarding the platform is really disheartening. I can't really blame them, since VR really is a "you have to see it to believe it" sort of thing, so advertising a VR game is very difficult.
That said, all of this

>VR WHO THE FUCK CARES
>VVVVRRRRRR SHIIIIIIT
>FUCKING GIMMICKS REEE
>WHY IS THIS VR MEME STILL A THING
>VR ESPORTS FUCKING LOL

-talk really bums me out, ya know? Thank goodness there's a nice VR thread going on right now, so I get to talk to a couple other VR Bros. But it's been a rough E3 for a VR player...
>>
File: IMG_0581.jpg (79KB, 518x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0581.jpg
79KB, 518x750px
Halo 3 Anniversary
MCC on PC
Doomguy in Quake Champions
Ninja Gaiden Remastered
new Jet Force Gemini or Battletoads
New Splinter Cell
Arkham Beyond
DMC5
Dragons Dogma 2
REmake 2
Armored Core
New ARPG by Fromsoftware
Metroid
F-Zero
Custom Robo
Advance Wars

I got geimus I'm looking forward to this year like Battlefront 2, Crackdown 3, Cuphead, Lawbreakers, SotC Remake but there was so much more I was not only hoping for, but that seemed like they would show.
>>
File: Feels on the edge of nowhere.png (346KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
Feels on the edge of nowhere.png
346KB, 439x500px
I was excited when I heard we were getting Beyond Good and Evil 2 for real this time.
All I got was CGI short with no gameplay and no connection to Jade even though the first game ended on a cliffhanger.
It hurts.
>>
>>380231183
Alright, then let's have a conversation about VR. Genuinely. Cause I'm on the fence, more leaning towards gimmick and not ready for commercial use.

How's the screen door effect these days? The only headsets I've used are the rift dk1, and the samsung galaxy s8 with gear vr. both have the effect, though I will say the s8 is better and not too bad. but still noticeable.

honestly, I don't see it worth it to get them with this press button to reorient things. It's annoying and my view getting offset breaks immersion more than playing a game without vr lacks it. Isn't the only option at that point a vive with the full room setup? like 1500 bucks right?

My biggest concern is that games have already been moving in this direction of YOU ARE THE CHARACTER shit. Like the only way to tell the story is to try to convince you the actions are your own. VR feels like it's pandering to that shit. I really feel I've yet to see a game that truly evolves because of VR rather than just play off it like it's the next gen of fp games. Show me a platformer game that makes me have to be wary of where I walk. Show me a flying game where I actually operate a ship and have to look at controls around me. I know these probably exist, but the AAA industry is not approaching it that way. That's why I'm not really into what was shown at E3.

Do the console vr games actually render at 60 fps with the resolution it needs to be? I can't imagine sticking anything under 60 fps that close to my eyes.

Thanks. Sorry if I seem mad or something. I'm just not a fan currently, change my mind!
>>
>>380229747
pokemon snap remastered
>>
Death of the Outsider
Metro Exodus
Horizon: Zero Dawn The Frozen Wilds
Is what made me happy. Was hopeing for some cyberpunk 2077 news or something from Jethesda
>>
I laugh at all the idiots who legitimately thought Kojima was going to reveal some grand metal Gear solid ruse to end all ruses
it just goes to show how much denial those fags are in over Metal gear being dead and Kojima moving on and working on other things
Its actually would be kinda sad if it wasn't so fucking hilarious
>>
>>380232995
Seriously, the outlandish theories stopped being funny by E3 2014. And now they're latching on to The Inpatient because the doctor looks the same as the one from MGSV.

Their mentality is the same as those youvsould find in Katawa Shoujo General.
>>
I like the Life Is Strange BtS, but im worried about the voice thing

Might get Battlefront 2 if its gonna be gud

COD WW2 looks aight but there is no gameplay so looks like we get to wait some more
>>
File: 20170610162207_1.jpg (154KB, 1049x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170610162207_1.jpg
154KB, 1049x1050px
>>380232553
Sounds great. Thanks for being open.

Firstly, the screen door effect is, sadly, still a bit of an issue. You can quickly learn to look past it, both literally and figuratively, but it is still there.

If you already have a suitable gaming rig, yeah. The Vive will run you about 800 bucks, but here's my perspective: VR is still in its infancy. If you're going to be an early adopter and get into VR NOW, you need to go big, or go home. Get the best of the best (Vive,) or simply don't get it yet. Again, I'm a Vive DEVELOPER and I'm telling you this. Don't get VR unless you're ready to dive into the future head-first.

As for games that adhere to your tastes:
>Show me a platformer where I have to be careful of where I step
Done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db1u90ci7o0
This game has a rather unique locomotion method. NOT INTENDED FOR VR NEWCOMERS. Stick with simple games before you jump into something this high-impact.

>Show me flight controls
Done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sg3lEIGQyo

And also, because I'm a shill, here's a project I'm working on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPUj24UJk_w&t=42s

As for Frames Per Second, all PC VR games have a standard of *90* Frames Per Second. For something like this where you're moving your head and hands, 60 just won't cut it. Don't worry about low frame rates. If you've got a beefy enough rig, you'll be sitting pretty.

Finally, there are lots of fun VR Social apps out there like VRChat. Here was me a couple nights ago at the EA Conference afterparty. We were partying because it was over.
Basically, if VR Shitposting sounds appealing to you, VRChat is the place to go.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.