[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>20 years later and PC graphics look LITERALLY worse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1497293423646.jpg (86KB, 650x368px) Image search: [Google]
1497293423646.jpg
86KB, 650x368px
>20 years later and PC graphics look LITERALLY worse
>>
>remaster
>just make everything 3D and ignore art style

Modern day artists don't have any respect for aesthetics man. Why is everyone afraid of contrast and the dark shadows?
>>
Original Age of Empires was the best looking Isometric RTS games of all time. Those sprites are so sharp and the terrain is so vibrant. I can still go back to Age of Empires and enjoy the hell out of it despite the datedness just because of how perfectly they nailed the aesthetics. The soundtrack is also exceptional.
>>
I feel like this is a trend that is destroying most modern games.

There are very few developers who seem to have a sense of aesthetic.

My big personal grievance is what they did to Haven & Hearth. Comparing to Legacy to the new Engine makes you realize they went full retard.
>>
>>380231357
Realism in video games is aids after a certain point. Post 2005-ish it's just been an excuse for designer laziness and something to display in marketing.
>>
>>380226916
the original AOE still looks pretty damn good desu
the pathfinding is the only thing that actually needs improving
>>
>>380226916
What bugs me about these remakes and HD versions is that decisions made by the original developers about gameplay and art overlap
and have effects on each other, and by changing the art style you are inevitably changing an aspect of the game that informed decisions about gameplay as well.
>>
Still better than that starcraft remastered
>>
>>380231994

well that and farm automation
>>
>>380226916
Neither game on your picture looks particularly good to me.

I really like how OG Starcraft looks, out of of those sprite RTS. That and Red Alert 2.RA2 is really cool.
>>
>>380226916
>post shitty resolution picture
hurr it looks bad
>>
>>380226916

oh fuck off you big baby it looks fine
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.