[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you play video games, /v/? Why not another productive activity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (95KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 640x427px
Why do you play video games, /v/? Why not another productive activity?
>>
Because they're fun.
>>
>>380210182
>Why do you play video games, /v/?
They're fun.
Why not another productive activity?
I'm productive at work and when I want to be outside of work. Life isn't all about being productive 100% of your waking life.
>>
>>380210182
You sound likie a woman. It doesn't matter what people choose to focus on, the grass is always greener on the otherside, meaning some people will bitch about absolutely everything no matter what the circumstances.
>>
>>380210521
nice projection

>>380210356
>>380210298
That's all just dopamine for short-term gains, though.
>>
>>380211104
>That's all just dopamine
So is everything else you enjoy, ever.
>for short-term gains, though.
Yes. Sometimes we like to do things that are good for us in the short term. Sometimes we like to do things that are good for us in the long term.

Anon, do you have autism? Are you incapable of understanding basic human actions?
>>
>>380210521
>>380210521

So why did OP make this thread then hmm?
>>
>>380211379
No, but video games are autism.
>>
>>380211481
meant for >>380211104
>>
>>380211517
So are your posts. Glad we sorted all that out.
>>
fun is a buzzword and you are all faggots
>>
>>380211517
>Autism

Be honest are you a female?
>>
>>380210182
>Why do you play video games, /v/? Why not another productive activity?
because the world is sometimes sad and cruel and i like to just get away and be alone in a fantasy world at the end of the day. movies help the same for me that way too.
>>
>>380211517

That's funny considering their popularity exploded over the last decade or so and shit loads of people the world over 25-28 and under play video games of all kinds.

Is autism the new epidemic? Do you consider other media like watching TV and movies or listening to music autistic too?
>>
>>380211517
Yikes! you're talking shit on a video game board there Mr. Alpha. Doesn't seem that productive.

All hobbies are pointless. Is tackling other dudes and throwing a ball going to cure cancer? Is watching TV going to stop the world from ending? Is fishing going to stop pedophiles from raping little kids? No. We do things because they're fun, and then some autists get mad at them for having fun with something they don't understand.
>>
>>380212946
>Is autism the new epidemic?

on /v/ its a rampart to retreat to when you have nothing else to say.
>>
Plus it's a cheaper hobby I can actually have fun with alone versus say spending a day at a range, and it doesn't take a ton of preparation and time off that I don't have unlike camping/hunting/paintball/airsoft/anything that doesn't involve just going to a nearby gym or ghetto activities center. Games are an excuse and a literal waste of time, but if I want to do any of the above I have to put extra effort in to do it right and get the most out of each experience. Right now I'm like a hamster on a wheel so games usually win by default.
>>
>>380212946
Trying to control virtual shit to earn virtual points to fele virtually good is why video games are shit.

>>380211741
where did everything go so wrong, anon?

>>380212697
ThT's one reason I can understand, but playing fucking WoW everyday isn't called recharging, it's called escapism.

>>380211742
for you

>>380213430
Just because you think something else is better than playing ball doesn't mean its bad but easting your time on stupid shit is just autism.

>>380213450
for you
>>
>>380210298
Not anymore
>>
>> Trying to control virtual shit to earn virtual points to fele virtually good is why video games are shit.

Honestly depends on how you're using them and what for; Some people are just looking for a good time a few hours a day before nodding off. They're also great for lazy days.

The keyword here is moderation.
>>
File: maybe someday.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maybe someday.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
I keep spacing my lines on impulse and it looks like shit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.