[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if you were playing as Venom snake all along how come Big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: big boss.jpg (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
big boss.jpg
143KB, 800x1000px
So if you were playing as Venom snake all along how come Big Boss is still evil in Metal Gear 2?
>>
The game tries to say big boss was "evil" since the ending of 3 with peace walker solidifying his convictions despite what the boss's will was.

That being said the real mystery is why kaz never ratted him out at any point afterward despite him suggesting his outrage.
>>
Big Boss is evil, that was the whole point of the game. The better question is why the hell would the medic become evil for Big Boss in the first place.There must be a reason other than 'he's the biggest tool in game history'
>>
Did you get facial surgery in phantom pain or did the coma training make you think you looked like big boss?
Ocelot was in on the joke but what about miller? Did he pretend too or did he actually think it was big boss because he was blind?
>>
Venom isn't real. The game indirectly tells you that through the Paz plotline. Everyone can deduce why she's in the game; to show you that Venom's brain is messed up to the point where he hallucinated a person being there that wasn't out of guilt. He felt guilty about Paz's death so he created a fake Paz that was still living. This delusion lasted for a while until the evidence was so strong he could no longer take it.

Big Boss did the same thing for his best soldier. He felt guilty that Venom died in the helicopter blast. So he created a fake persona for the fallen soldier. "Venom didn't die, he became the greatest soldier of all time. He took my place and carried on my legacy. At times, he was even a better Big Boss than I was." The delusion lasted as long as possible; up til the end of MG1 where he can no longer carry it on.

By the way, the song "The Man Who Sold the World" is about a man with split personalities. Not a man split into two separate people, but two men who share the same body.
>>
>>380092605
The game tries to say he was hypnotically controlled for the game like ocelot likes to do to himself, but at the end big boss flat out tells him and he goes along with the plan anyway.

Like low tier gods "I'LL BE THAT MONKEY"
>>
>>380092845
The other phantom is Skullface. Skullface isn't real, he's an illusion created by Big Boss to explain his actions. There are a billion hints to this, starting from the trailers. Two important ones; Big Boss getting into the vehicle with Skullface, and him walking down a corridor. He goes from his Snake Eater self and slowly morphs into all of his other incarnations, including Venom Snake(one of his phantoms) and Skull Face(the other). And how Venom sees Skullface on the base during the first ending despite him being "dead" now, he wasn't ever really alive. This is why Venom says "I'm a demon, Kaz" so much during Phantom Pain despite seeming like a pretty swell fella; he's feeling the guilt of the actions of the other phantom.

There are a few hints about all this throughout the game, you can hear soldiers saying they believe Big Boss was behind the attack 9 years ago and such. Plus there's obvious things like the fact that the Emblem XOF uses is an inverted patch of Big Boss' old unit, and how Skullface claims to have been on Operation Snake Eater(of course he was there, he was Naked Snake).

How is it that Venom and Skullface interact with eachother then? This is kind of a copout but it's the truth; it's all Fight Club style. He's talking to himself every time he does it. This is why Venom literally never talks back to Skullface. You know that scene in the jeep everyone hates? It's actually fuckin brilliant. It's the reveal of the entire twist that no one seems to get. The reason why all of Skullface soldiers don't react to Venom. The reason why there are Diamond Dog logos all over OKB Zero. The reason why Skullface dribbles on but Venom seems to be uninterested. Because he knows what Skullface is going to say because he's saying it
>>
File: 1484269980895.png (61KB, 350x139px) Image search: [Google]
1484269980895.png
61KB, 350x139px
>>380092992
Then how does Skullface and Huey react? Who does Huey shoot if it isn't skullface? Who does Kaz get his revenge with?
>>
File: Ghost Without A Past.jpg (53KB, 394x380px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Without A Past.jpg
53KB, 394x380px
>>380092992
>attach dead person's hand
>become possessed by them
>>
>>380092132
It's all shades of gray ya ding dong.
>>
None of you are recognising the biggest plot hole.
How did Big Boss' beard fit into that head bandage?
>>
>>380092132
>how come Big Boss is still evil in Metal Gear 2?
Big Boss is leading a militant rebel nation and kidnapping people, threatening the world with Nuclear missiles and a new Metal Gear to launch them with, and trying to control the world's supply of oil. I don't see how your {spoiler} effects that being evil or not.
>>
>>380094593
On a side note, you never really fight the child soldiers in outer heaven, they are just trained to justify their place in there but never really sent into battle.
At least I remember hearing something like that, can someone confirm this?
>>
File: big boss a shit.png (451KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
big boss a shit.png
451KB, 800x600px
>The nightmares? They never go away, Snake. Once you've been on the battlefield, tasted the exhilaration, the tension... it all becomes part of you. Once you've awakened the warrior within... it never sleeps again. You crave ever bigger tensions, ever bigger thrills. As a mercenary, I'd think you would have realized that by now. You care nothing for power, or money, or even sex. The only thing that satisfies your cravings is war! All I've done is give you a place for it. I've given you a reason to live.
>You saw those children, didn't you? Every one is a victim of war somewhere in the world. And they'll make fine soldiers in the next war. Start a war, fan its flames, create victims... Then save them, train them... And feed them back onto the battlefield. It's a perfectly logical system. In this world of ours, conflict never ends. And neither does our purpose... our raison d'etre.
>On the battlefield, you and I are valuable commodities. But back "home", we're nothing but dead weight. If we're lucky, we might get the attention of some two-bit journalist from a cheap tabloid. You and I are doomed to remain here until we die like dogs on the battlefield.
> It doesn't matter who wins here. Our fight will continue. The loser will be liberated from the battlefield, and the survivor will live out the rest of his days as a soldier.

The guy ended up becoming an evil fuck, to the point that his vision of a perfect world where soldiers always have a place is exactly the world the Patriots ended up creating. You can see where he is coming from, but he's still completely off his rocker. He held the world ransom, threatened it with nukes, kidnapped people and held their loved ones hostage to ensure their cooperation, planned to manufacture conflicts and use child soldiers.
That's exactly what makes Solid a better man too - like Big Boss, he's been through similar hell, but unlike him, Solid Snake was bent, but never broken.
>>
>>380092132
Because he was already a demon
>>
>>380092776
You actually did receive surgery to look like Big Boss, yes.
>>
>>380092132
big boss became evil at peace walker's end.
>>
>>380093907
Kaz never actually sees Skullface, he gets revenge when the whole operation is blown. Also, Huey is in on it. It's all part of an act. When you meet him, his voice has that artificial tone it always has when he's lying. "S-snake? Oh it's you!" Snake is the one who allows Huey to get away with everything, and then allows him an escape when it's all over. Because Huey was a co-conspirator.

That scene where they shoot Skullface never happened. The more info about it that comes out, the more fake the scene seems. Venom and Miller fire a dozen or so shots and literally transform into alternate versions of themselves, come on. The info about the scene doesn't match up with any of the other info from the game. Skullface is seen escaping away from Sahalenthropus. Miller's words not matching what Skullface actually said.

It was an illusion that John came up with to justify all the horrible shit he's done. It's not the first and last time he's both betrayed his soldiers and pretended to be several people. See: Metal Gear 1 and 2.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.