[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this shit? I was on a holiday for 2 days and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: wtf.jpg (31KB, 843x162px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
31KB, 843x162px
What the fuck is this shit?
I was on a holiday for 2 days and i come to this.

Someone tell me that this is not happening and that those morons are not trying to rip us off on the back of modders.

Are we heading for another gaming crash?
>>
>>380090527
>Someone tell me that this is not happening and that those morons are not trying to rip us off on the back of modders.

Why are you asking me to lie to you, anon?
>>
Lol I'll just pirate the mods.
>>
It's exactly what it looks like.

They all but told you they were going to try again months ago. They are hiding behind the idea the beth devs will test the mods this time though.
>>
>>380090527
>Are we heading for another gaming crash?

I hope so. Its been long overdue.
>>
>>380090527
it's not real paid modding!

t.
bethesda shills
>>
File: stinkinpete.jpg (22KB, 634x231px) Image search: [Google]
stinkinpete.jpg
22KB, 634x231px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c
>>
>>380091261
But it is, he's full of shit. Todd was just hungry for Valve's slice of the pie so he ate that too.
>>
File: Pete_Hines.jpg (50KB, 300x459px) Image search: [Google]
Pete_Hines.jpg
50KB, 300x459px
>>380091261
Fuck Pete, he's the real downfall of bethesda. He's also insanely unlikeable with his shiteating grind and genuine mental illness in his fucking eyes. Just look at him.
>>
>>380091261
I wonder what it takes for someone to shill something for free.
>>
>>380091086
>v-video game crash any second now /v/ros!!

The saddest kind of poster.
>>
>>380090527
Creation Club isn't just any mod getting money.
From what I can gather, it's basically Beth contracting modders to make bite-sized DLCs. Mods go through a vetting process, get QA'd, localised, etc., so you pay for a higher quality standard.
It sounds a bit more reasonable this way.
>>
>>380091261
How isn't KKK anything but Downloadable content that modifies your base game?
>>
It is paid mods.
But, they are curated. Mod makers have to provide examples of their content to be approved, and can't sell anything they've already released from free.

There will still be free mods, and people can't sell garbage or stolen work, so I'm happy. Modders getting paid is good in my book.
>>
>>380093261
>what are donations
reported for shilling
>>
>>380093657
>people should work for me without expectation of compensation and maybe I'll grace them with a donation.

Fuck off you leech
>>
>>380090527
I'll tell you what it is

I'll now be pirating mods, is what the fuck it is

Good job Bethesda, you monetized absolutely fucking nothing

Just, bravo
>>
>>380094084
>work for me
But I'm not asking them for work? Do you know what volunteering is?
Also
>without expectation of compensation
you do know that a lot of modders get into modding because they expect compensation in the form of employment at a videogame company, right? It's basically their first experience with development, it heavily enriches their curriculum. Just look at literally 80% of PC developers. Big majority of them are modders or have former modders in their ranks.

If you actually want to compensate modders, then incentivize donations, instead of making payments mandatory.

This really shouldn't be all that hard you stupid nigger. The way it is now is just going to kill off mods. Which to me is fine, whatever, it'll just expose how bad future Bethesda games will be.
>>
>>380094512
>If you actually want to compensate modders, then incentivize donations
this. Hell if Steam had a "donation" system for modders where for each 10€ you donated you got some sick super rare cosmetic item on Dota or TF or whatever fucking game, modders would be rich as fuck.
>>
>>380090527
It hurts the mod community as a whole worse than anything. It's called mod "community" for a reason. It requires multiple different people's work coming together. That dies with this. Well, for Bethesda at least right now. "It just works" better without paid mods.

>Everyone can get the tools they need
>Modders just give credit where due
>New mods come out
>encourage and empower new mod developers
>everyone gets them for free (modders AND players)
>everyone wins

Just don't support this shitty power grab by Bethesda. It'll die like the last try if no one buys into it. Just don't buy it, let it be. It's their lazy, scummy way to make money off the back of the community and the precursor to paid updates.
>>
>>380092501
Yeah, until it's not that way. Gotta think ahead. It never works well. They always get greedier and it'll fuck it up. Better to not even entertain the idea.
>>
>>380092012
That's not what it said, if you learned to read in 1st grade.
>>
>>380095102
This, the second we let game developers fuck with paid mods is when they get so lazy they expect the players to make their games for them.
>>
Why are people still blaming Todd as a bogeyman? Corporate choices are done by Zenimax, not BGS.
>>
Time for all Zenimax has their hands in to die.
>>
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole.

I am really excited.
>>
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole.

I am really excited.
>>
>>380095891
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0D7Az2LWq1m
>>

I am really excited.
>>
>>380090527
My favorite part is how they were bragging about how long they've been supporting the mod community right before announcing it.
>>
>>380095392
Zenimax hides in the shadows while Todd stays in the shitstorm.More people should know the name of Zenimax and the cancer they are.
>>
>>380095891
>>380095994
>>380096171
Spamming gets you banned here, false flagger-kun
>>
>>380096064
someone needs to do this every time a shill makes a post
>>
I used to think paid mods were reasonable seeing as how a lot of effort can be put into mods and sometimes they're so good they essentially become their own game. Then I realised modders who basically work for Valve, get chump change while Valve just keeps getting fatter.
>>
>>380096398
it was in fact not all me
>>
>>380096470
If modders want to be compensated for their work they can put it behind their own paywall, if the content's good enough then maybe they'll earn money from it. No reason for Bethesda to get in the middle and cream off the top.

Also all this about QA, judging by their track record I don't know why people think Bethesda testing mods is going to help anything, most mods are less buggy than the base game itself -
to the point that one of the most popular Skyrim mods is a comprehensive bugfixing mod!
>>
>>380095891
God, this reads scarily as a paid ad by bethesda, fuck off you jew, I never paid for mods and I sure as shit ain't starting now.
>>
>>380097704
You're really fucking dumb if you think BGS is behind this.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.