[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone remember this game? Is it still worth buying in 2017?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Anyone remember this game? Is it still worth buying in 2017?
>>
haha omg I remember it, I'm so 90s kid lol. You have won the internet good Sir have a le upvote xD
>>
>>380082835
>LOL IRONIC SHITOSTING

I'm being fucking serious. Is it worth buying?
>>
>>380083030

I play it every day. Check the steam charts for it, I believe it has 6 to 9k players at any time. It's well balanced and has gotten two new expansions and gets patched occasionally.

I really enjoy it.
>>
>>380082619
Yes
>>
>>380082619
>>380083030
Not that guy, but yes. It's old school as hell but it's still really fun. Grab the mod that makes all factions visually unique.

Now get the hell out of here. It's impossible to have a good AoE thread anymore without shitty WE memes overrunning it in about 5 minutes.
>>
>>380082619
It's the best fun I've had yet playing with a couple friends

Great if you're into RTS, but don't expect it to be anything like Starcraft. The game is a lot more macro oriented and the controls will take a bit of time to get used to.

If you are buying it to play by yourself, maybe. The game is still definitely active on steam, but there's like 3 paid DLC's that come with it (yuck). The campaign is pretty interesting if you're into history

But it IS a pretty damn old game. The first thing that will bug you are the difference in controls and the overall feeling of lacking "responsiveness" in the game. Sometimes units that you issue orders to will take an annoying detour or won't move for a few seconds.

The game is also fairly tedious and lengthy, but so are all RTS games. That's the beauty of it.
>>
>>380082619
It's probably the biggest RTS on Steam now
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.