[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

METRO EXODUS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 32

File: m33.jpg (782KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
m33.jpg
782KB, 1920x1200px
So the trailer for the new metro game is out,from e3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEuEOugOXcc

Alright for 1 i would like to hear you thoughts on it and for 2 i will give you mine.

I've been a fan of the metro sereis since 2033 i've read all 3 books.
Now the problem i had with last light and will probably have with exodus is the change in tone.It dropped all the dark and borderline reality depressing themes and atmosfere.DOnt get me worng its still dark but i had a major change in style.
What i mean by that is that the style looks a lot more like fallout,you have all that futuristic looking shit.In 2033 and the metro books alot of accent is put on how all the tehnology has gone to shit and how humanity went backwards(in the books there were literally canibals hunting people with blowpipes).

Now for the gameplay personally i would've preffer a lethal and realistic shooting system in 2033 it was clunky and i loved it in last light it was a bit too smooth and cod like.

My greatest concern is the story,in 2035 metro book the story revolves around artyom trying to start a reveolution in the metro to leave for the surface he is confronted with literally a darkstate conspiracy and a lot of political redpills are dropped and with todays pc culture we cant have that.....if i remebers corectly it even names the rostchilds etc...kek.
>>
>>380081503
>My greatest concern is the story,in 2035 metro
Wow, I guess that's why everyone seems to hate it.
Better support our "culture" and buy those related products
>>
>>380081503
It's probably not going to include the invisible watchers, not because of the "redpills" but because like you said, the themes of the games are somewhat different to the themes of the books. I don't think much will get curbed in the name of PC culture, Metro hasn't really had a track record of or really has a reason to be PC. Might just be me being hopeful, though.
>>
Yeah, the story of Metro 2035 is absoloutly horrendous. With the (not Illuminati) Russian Government pulling all the strings and controlling all of the faction in Metro, making them go to war for population control, on top of this NATO is still around, and World War Three is still going. The Russian Government is trying to keep Moscow hidden from NATO, in the end when Artyom leaves with Ana, the Rangers are trying to kill him (Miller is working with the Red Line now), the Russian Government are trying to kill him.
On top of this Polis says that the world is still alive, and that they want to unite the Metro to protect themselves from the West.....

I wish I made this up. The idea isn't too bad, but not for Metro, is absoloutly destroys the entire depressing feeling that man is struggling to survive against a literal man made apocalypse. It completly and utteraly ruins that feeling, and makes the whole games feel pointless, which is why I hope to christ and every fucking deity, that Metro Exodus DOES NOT say that le Russian Government and le West are still at war.
>>
File: 1497217512183.jpg (62KB, 755x601px) Image search: [Google]
1497217512183.jpg
62KB, 755x601px
I don't see much gameplay and thats why I choose to stay completely neutral. The thing looks suspiciously pre-rendered and scripted very strictly.
>>
>>380081503
My greatest fear is that it's going to be more of Last Light and Redux gameplay instead of the original one.
Small details and difficulty removed in favor of streamling for casuals.
One positive aspect from the trailer is that they finally realized what FoV is and why it should be above 75 at any time.
Looked like it was at 100.
>>
File: 32672331413.jpg (100KB, 549x549px) Image search: [Google]
32672331413.jpg
100KB, 549x549px
>>380081503
Literally the only game I've seen this E3 that gets me excited up until now.
Made me reinstall the other two games.
>>
>>380084798
You did not understand the story properly the dark state gets Polis to lie to the people that they are still at war to keep them in the Metro.
I loved it because i live in the eastern bloc myself,the story was written by DImitry Gluchovsky as a metafor for the 90s Russia and the fake elections that take place with Putin controlling everything and the controlled oposition.
Another hard truth that gets dropped is about the reality that democracy is just facade and they are controlled from behind the curtains,we are all given hydra heads to attack but the truth never leaks....

>>380085392
This i fell like it got dumbed down for mainstream my personal preference would've been for a complex system somewhat like STALKER.But that would sacare most casuls away....
>>
>>380085101
>E3 Game Show is scripted

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!
>>
>>380087469
okay, they're stopped, what do you want to do next
>>
>>380085101
It explicitly said "in engine presentation" and not "ingame footage".
Last Light's first presentation was also scripted.
>>
File: 1441909062083.jpg (153KB, 1023x932px) Image search: [Google]
1441909062083.jpg
153KB, 1023x932px
>>380085101
>Dimon, how do we cram all the cool shit into a single short trailer?
>just script the fuck out of it, Andrucha
>>
>>380085101
Well its pretty standard thing to do now,i wonder if its going to be open world or still linear.
>>
>>380081503
It's not going to follow the plot from the books, it already departed from them with Last Light. As for the trailer itself, I'm withholding judgement on gameplay since almost if not all of it was scripted, but based on the changes from 2033 to Last Light Im not hugely concerned. the trailer was just showing off the feel of the world, which is probably why they used a crossbow for a majority of it. The only major concern I have based on the trailer is why he needed his mask underground but not above, because it would suck if they got rid of the radiation mechanic entirely. My hope is the girl dies early
>>
>>380084798

Jesus fuck, is that really the canon on the books? As in the actual by Dimitri
canon?
I finished reading 2033 a few months back and was going to go for the rest when I saw Exodus being announced.
But if this is legit then no fucking way.
Holy shit, the concept is not bad in the technical sense , like, it could work on a destroyed , isolated country in a civil war, not a post-nuke galore Moscow. It ruins the depressive feel and the opressive atmosphere of man being slowly killed and perishing for his lust of war and sins against the world that the book and the first game banged on about constantly.

Way to make a brilliantly absorbing setup and then flippin' the table.
>>
>>380088261
>now
E3 and game presentations have always been scripted
>>
>>380081503
I beat the first two. Got the bad ending or some shit. Didn't like them that much. Felt heavily scripted. Story was garbage. Shooting was merely okay. Not a fan of the atmosphere, either. Immersion was solid in every way. No scare factor, however.

Optimistic about the new one. Would go back and play the first two on the hardest setting, but I got too much shit to play.
>>
>>380084798
I like to pretend that 2034 and 2035 are non-canon trash.
2034 because it's literally Romeo and Juliet meets Beauty and the Beast: Post Apo Edition and 2035 because it takes a big steaming pile of shit on the franchise. Many of the official fanfiction novels are much better written than 2034 and 2035, and after reading Glukhovsky's trilogy I'm 100% convinced he's a one hit wonder with 2033.
>>
>>380088772
>My hope is the girl dies early
This
Their """romance""" was so forced and retarded, just let Artyom be a lonely survivalist. Maybe tame one of the wolves or a big papa bear for hilarious stereotype points.
>>
>>380088962
Dimitri said that its somewhat alternative,he admited that its completly different from the first book.Its more of polictical book than a post apocaliptic one and he admited to it.
As to ruining the athmospfere of the apocalyptic world of Moscow you are wrong.Throut the book there is a feel of despair from Artyom who tries to expose the truth and get the people to leave the metro.
The elites dont want it though they are willing to let the human race persih as rats as long as they get to keep their political power.
>>
>>380081503
>i would've preffer a lethal and realistic shooting system in 2033 it was clunky and i loved it in last light it was a bit too smooth and cod like.
This was my biggest gripe with LL compared to 2033. Let alone the stupid handholding and shitty forced characters, the gameplay that once felt so challenging and visceral and required a ton of planning became such watered down shit.
>>
It looks okay but, it's not the direction I wanted to see it go.

I was hoping they would continue in the vein of Kshatriya but with an open world, and bring back some more stalkerish elements. What appealed to me about the series was the inhospitality of the surface world.

I wanted to be able to freeform explore the entire metro system finding my own paths to get to deeper and darker parts. Having occasionally to make trips across the surface to scavenge artifacts or just get to an isolated part of the underground.

I don't want to play about on some surface paradise. It completely defeats the whole appeal of the Metro series.
>>
>>380089838
So that is not canon to the stories thus far? Just an alternative he has in mind?
>>
>>380089772
Well i personally liked 2035(2034 was garbage it does not exist period)but why manny fans will not like it is because the post-apocalyptic feeling is no longer the focus and i get that.The book is completly different ist basically political cometary for mdern day Russia.
>>
>>380088261
They confirmed it's open world with progression (so you can't immediately go everywhere), basically just like Stalker games and so this is as close as we're ever going to get to Stalker 2.
Not to mention that 4A are the original Stalker devs anyway, the ones that made Shadow of Chernobyl.
>>
Is Metro 2033 worth my time?

I thought Last Light was decent, but too linear.
>>
>>380081503
Didn't read the books, but played both games. Yeah, Last Light went on a more shooting centered style, but overall it didn't completely fuck up the core concept of Metro.

Exodus on the other hand stretches everything to the point of looking like a Stalker game.
>>
It's a linear version of STALKER, in which case I'll just buy STALKER
>>
Any definitive word if it'll be playable on non W10 systems?
>>
>>380090467
Yes.
>>
>>380090214
Idk he never stated if its cannon or not i would assume it may be since the ending has Artyom leaving...i really dont know
>>380090058
Could not have said it better.
>>
>>380090569
I thought that too, but here we are in 2017 without a new Stalker game, and everyone wants one.
perhaps Metro decided to take up the torch since they are the only ones who could do it?
>>
>>380081503
>all 3 books.
YOU FUCKING WHAT?

When did 2035 come out?

Also I agree with you on the tone in LL, also I didn't like how its story diverged from the book.
>>
>>380090730
I am pretty sure the writer means that they live under the illusion of being at war. While the reality is that there is no more war. Pretty sure the author has a hand in this new game. Author seems pretty based and i do not think he would intend exactly for what was written above here.
>>
>>380090569
>>380090831
>>380090329
It would be okay if it would be like stalker,but my problem is that it looks more like Fallout and it loses the cheeky breeki russian feel it had....
>>
>>380090234
Not just modern day Russia, it basically applies to the entire world. My problem is that Glukhovsky shit up the Metro franchise by making it his personal political agenda shitspew packed in Metro skin, instead of you know, making a new fucking standalone novel like his other political shit that is "Dusk" which wasn't tied to the Metro IP.

But then I researched his childhood and background and found out Glukhovsky isn't even Russian. He's from Jewish Immigrant family and went to Jewish High School and University in Jerusalem, where he graduated at Jerusalem's Hebrew University. No I'm not making this shit up.

I don't give a shit if he's a self hating jew, or a "redpilled" jew or if he even is a jew, but he clearly can't disassociate his political views from his work and destroys his work in the process because of that.

tl;dr /pol/ was right
>>
>>380086582
This may be true, and it's a neat concept. But again, it ruins the atmosphere of the games, which isn't entirely aimed towards an Eastern European audience.
If the same plot is attached to Metro Exodus, than again, it'll soil the game.
What is the point of it all? When the Russian government controls the Reich, the Red Line, Hanza, Polis. The world of Metro is very realistic and plausible, mainly with the human factions, yet having the powerful Russian Government behind every war, controlling every faction helps to undermine the dark atmosphere of the Metro franchise (At least with the games)

In short, when you go around the Reich, Red Line and Polis facilities, you see people trying their best to work together and survive. Yet with the new canon in the book (which should STAY in the book) implies it's all for nothing, all these little factions trying to spread their ideology, these groups of people trying to survive, doesn't matter because the fancy Russian Government controls all, and they're still at war with the West 25 years after the nukes dropped. It takes a realistic situation, and throws it all out the window. It's like a child deciding to add the illuminati because it's cool, then he adds in NATO to fight the illuminati cause it's cool!
Seriously, it does not fit with the theme of humanity trying to survive, all the wars between the Commies and Nazi's are pathetically useless.
The battle for D6? Who cares, that was orchestrated by the Russian government because they control everything and they wanted some population control.
It trivialises everything that has happened, i'm not sure if Dmirty wants to add in a Metro version of G-Man or literally the Illuminati OR just to have a petty political message about how democracy is shit in Russia, but it goes against everything in the Metro Series (in the game form at least).
>>
>>380091203
I am pretty sure you have not really fully understood it. As far as i know, on the surface we have nothing definitive ruling other than groups being up, armed groups etc. But there is no war, thats just a lie told to the residents.
>>
>>380090467
Metro 2033 is a brick: it plays a lot worse than Last Light, although they've probably smoothed it out in the Redux. It's a shooter on rails of the worst kinds, but the story and the setting make it really worth it.

>>380090831
Fucking hell, here's the thing: if you want to make something different, give it a different name. It's like the new Need for Speed: it's clearly not a fucking Need for Speed, it's a Burnout with slight car tuning. Using a brand to boost your sales while delivering something different is understandable under a marketing perspective, but it's wrong under any other fucking point of view.
>>
>>380090467
2033 is fucking amazing. Don't be a pussy and play it on ranger hardcore, it takes the game from 7-8/10 to easy GOTYAY
>>
>>380090953
Well yeah its stated that they lie to the people that the "evil muricans" still want to kill them so they have to stay in the metro and mantain radio silence.They do that to keep their power if the people would get out they would spread out and most of the policical leaders would become useless.Its like an alegory for the propaganda that Putin crates for them in modern Russia and in the soviet times.
>>
>>380090467
Yes, if you can play the original and not the casualized Redux.
>>
>>380091553
Of course there will be political messages. All authors pretty much some way have hidden meanings or express their views through their books. It's pretty obvious that there is not a war going on still, there is just no resources or a surface to fight over.
>>
>>380081503
I didn't like the first book. It felt just a series of "Look! Here's a spooky strange thing! Alright, let's get to the next one".
>>
>tfw this is the only game I got really hyped for
I just wish they didn't do the clearly scripted 'gameplay', but fuck I just love this series
>>
>>380090467

Yes, go for it. Amazingly done setting with decent Stalker-ish mechanics and immersion of the best class.

In fact the redux bundle is on sale right now on Steam.

BUT if you can, get the original version of the game on a key site or some shit. The Redux's only real strengh is that it runs and in SOME areas it looks better. And play on Ranger Hardcore for maximium cheeky
>>
>>380088962
Yep, that is the canon, don't take my word go read it for yourself. It utterlly ruins Metro, which is fine if it sticks to the book. If the whole plot of the Russian Government is alive, fighting NATO while dicking around with the Metro for fun.

>>380089772
I love to believe this as well, but the problem arises when Metro Exodus may be a direct sequel to the book Metro 2035. Meaning all of the autistic things i've descibed will be canon in the games.
If that happens, that that means whever you play Metro 2033 or Last Light, you'll know in the back of your mind that all of the factions are a facade, and it's all controlled by the Russian Government, meaning what is the point of it all?
>>
>>380091394
I think this>>380091436
was meant for you,also you did not get it they lied to the people that the west is still waging war against them to keep them in the metro.
>>380091203
Kek its also funny how the dark state uses massive amounts of ammo to bribe leaders and arm them it lmost hints to a certain banking system....but yes you are right he should have made a standalone book and keep this shit out from the series.
>>
>>380092245
And isn't life better in the metro? Cuz it sure as shit isn't good on the surface. So the "goverment" themselves must be hiding in bunkers too, no? Makes sense the goverment wouldn't be totally wiped out either.
>>
Is 2035 translated into English?
>>
File: Black Station Metro2033.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Black Station Metro2033.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>380091532
>it plays a lot worse than Last Light

It plays a lot better actually and has superior AI and stealth mechanics aswell as gunplay.
>>
File: 1494596812051.jpg (67KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1494596812051.jpg
67KB, 680x1020px
>>380091203

>mfw one of the most absorbing and depressing novels I ever read went to the shitter in no time because of personal and world politics

Why must that shit always ruin the fun out of good things in life.
>>
File: Black Station Metro Redux.webm (3MB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
Black Station Metro Redux.webm
3MB, 720x400px
>>380092874
And here's the downgraded Redux version.
>>
>>380091436
Anon, I'm perfectly aware of the story, I'm not that other anon ITT that didn't understand it.
I'm simply saying I don't give a shit about POLITICS in a fucking POST APOCALYPTIC setting. Jesus fuck. Especially when it's blatantly CURRENT YEAR EVUL PUTIN allegory politics.
>>
>>380092874
> not going stealthy on black station
lol
this achievement is hard jesus
>>
Metro 2033: more faithful adaptation with better story and atmosphere

Last Light: more arcade but more fun gameplay, superior graphics and shits on the books.

Right?
>>
File: 1437761499274.jpg (6KB, 256x273px) Image search: [Google]
1437761499274.jpg
6KB, 256x273px
>>380092874
>you will never traipse through the Metro taking out bandits and Nazis like this again
>you will never feel tight, visceral gameplay
>you will never have knife attacks that actually allow you to free target instead of shitty QTE
>you will never walk through a bandit boobytrap and get fucking BUNGLED
Why even live? Fuck LL, fuck the redux, and fuck what this series has become.
>>
>>380081503
It's pretty cool that we can now venture out from the metro and see the world coming back to life. I'm very excited!
>>
>>380093093
Pretty easy, just need to memorize things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-D4ju2JGtQ
>>
>>380092498
Man you never read the books.
The twist is that surface is habitable outside of city areas and there are actual survivors all over the world including other places in Russia, but they want to prevent Moscow Metro's population from learning that to prevent them from leaving.
Which is why anyone trying to leave is hunted down and shot.
>>
>>380093039
Hm, yeah i suppose that makes sense.
>>
>>380092498
The thing is this is the main conflict bothe inner and exterior,leaving the metro or staying.Artyom argues that if they stay in they will become like rats and soon lose their humanity as new generations are smaller paler and not adapted for the surface.
The leader of the deep state argues that in the Metro they have civilization of some sort and people are contempt another point is that people all think selfish and short-term and they oreffer to be ignorant.And yes they state that there was no point for the government to leave since they would diea after 20 years in the Urals without suplies.
So they chose to stay with the people.Peole that try to enter the mtr from the surface get offed.Also they are no longer at war when Artyom and his stalker friends storm a military base and take down radio jammers they can hear St Petersburg and other russian cities talking with western cities.
So its all just a scam to keep them in.
>>
File: Dry Metro2033.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dry Metro2033.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>380093093
>not playing throug the game multiple times with different playstyles

I've ghosted the game, didn't do it for any achivements because I don't play games for some shitty badges.
>>
>>380092874
>>380093035
Indefensible. I will never not be mad.
>>
>>380091394
You bought into the lie. The invisible watchers are delusional power hungry men who put the stick in the wheel of progress In the metro. Releasing the lie/propaganda that the West is still searching for survivors to destroy Is only a tool to keep their status quo. Through the years the radiation levels have steadily decreased and with the games the world starts comming back to life from a frozen waste in 2033 to early spring time comming aka nuclear winter going softer. (still plenty of radiaton induced dangers) to the world of exodus; a new world that has to be conquerd by man once more (there are tons of expanded books on the metro universe in Russian only tho that can provide material for several games)
>>
File: Dry Metro Redux.webm (3MB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dry Metro Redux.webm
3MB, 720x400px
>>380093493
>>
it will be good even if the plot is retarded
>>
Fuck I won't be able to read anything Metro related till I read the book which isn't out in my native language.
>>
>>380093493
I've done that section in original 2033 pure stealth kills (nobody surprised or shouted out) ONCE but it took several attempts to get it right cuz one fucking mistake and they sound the alarm.
>>
>>380093435
Nah i only played the games. That there are survivors everywhere makes sense. But a war still going on and everything up and running? Nah don't believe so.
>>380093490
Hm, really is that so. I understand things being up and running, but if it really is so that there are communications, infrastructure etc up but the metro people are kept where they are then that's certainly a bit weird. However seems like the new game might be touching on this subject, since we seem to leave moscow.
>>
>>380093717
this
>>
>>380093039
Well you can make a relation to any status quo political group currently in control in whatever country. The premise is the same.
>>
>>380093793
And certainly", i have to add - There are still dangers and anamolies there. So i wouldn't say they are merely up and running, things are still pretty fucking shitty.
>>
>>380092874
Damn son the feels the memories it was so much better before it got mainstreamed....and now we have a shotgub crossbow and a futuristic watch when they could barely scrape for food and had shitty cold-war era aks....damn.
>>
File: C9dyfzuUwAU2ShL.jpg (24KB, 251x283px) Image search: [Google]
C9dyfzuUwAU2ShL.jpg
24KB, 251x283px
>>380092874
>>380093035

>missing a couple of shots
>ever firing continuously instead of short burts to keep accuracy

To be honest I would always save as much ammo as possible for the inevitable monster swarm parts. Bastards are sponges.
>>
>>380081503
I didn't think the original metro combat was clunky, I felt like I was in full control and had no trouble aiming.

I want that gunplay to come back and I don't want them to touch it at all.

I agree that the tone shift from last light wasn't great, I still really enjoyed last light.
>>
Exodus will be more like Last Light, it will not be even remotely similar to Stalker, it will have a semi-open world, and the plot will suck. Grafix will be great and world building will be nice. It will be disappointing just like Last Light was.
>>
>>380093793
Not up and running radiation is stll rampant , there are still mutants but there are more suvivours and in some places its inhabitable.....
>>
>>380094330
That makes sense in my eyes. Also makes sense someone would be controlling things and that remnants of the goverments would still exist. That's not even only logical, it's realistic.
>>
File: Metro 2033 Helsing.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Metro 2033 Helsing.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>380094108
>Bastards are sponges.

I can tell you have used the shotgun.
The shotguns are fucking terrible damage wise in this game even on ranger hardcore.
I prefer either the helsing or ak-74 with military rounds for mutants.
>>
>>380093493
>the implications
I`ve finished 2033 multiple times. On ranger hardcore it's my favorite fps.
>>
>>380081503
>bullshot trailer
literally nothing was shown
>>
>>380094651
Not him but I agree.

But I have NEVER used military grade rounds in combat ever, I suffer from too good to use syndrome and end up having a million at the end of the game.
>>
>>380094456
Yep but most old fans willl not like this.....you know in our fanatsy apocaliptyc world there is no place for a government to controll our lives....the thing is that knowing how the russians are that would probably happen.
kek the world is fucked and nuked to shit but you stiil have your oligarh to rule you....heh.
I get why people dont like it but manny russian sf books have political undertones.
To a western audience i get why that would not be appealing at all.....
>>
i enjoyed the 2033 redux more than the original 2033
>>
>>380095060
Hersy
>>
>>380094851
It feels so good shooting with money.
>when you are so rich you just don't give a fuck and spray a salvo into mutants
>>
>>380094318
>the plot will suck

To be fair the plot itself of the games were kinda okay, when I think of the series and the novel I always rememer more the dark tone and atmosphere and the unique setting.

>>380094651

Actually I used the silenced shotgun more for human soldiers and small mutants. For the big ones I mostly went for the Ak.

I'll probably replay the game soon because of the hype of the announcement anyway , any tips?
I do own OG 2033 if that helps.
>>
>>380092245
>>380093593
Regardless if there's no war. There's still a Russian Government controlling all of the factions, meaning all of the wars are absoloutly pointless. The war between The Red Line and Hanza, that was the final nail in the "Government" operating in the Metro, and the Nazis came out of this was as well. But wait, that war was orchestrated by the Russian Government! Maybe it was Putin!? :3
The wars between the Nazis and Commies? That was absoloutly pointless with no result what so ever, the Russian Government wanted to do some population control.
The battle for D6? Why should Artoym care? The battle was decided by the Russian Government, just to reduce the population a little bit.

When you played through Metro 2033/Last Light. Did you ever think that these factions were fighting and killing each other because we're just human? We're all in the same boat, yet we're tearing at each others throats because of ideology or wanting to survive because of a false pretence that D6 has supplies for everyone.
That no longer applies now, when you play through those games again, you'll know that everything, all of these events were planned and organised by the equivalent of the Illuminati.

The games loses their charm because of this, because the author wanted to add in some shitty political dialogue about contemporary Russian democracy.
>>
>>380090329
>They confirmed it's open world with progression
lolno, it's linear with big levels.
>>
File: 1497172432088.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1497172432088.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>380095343
>"Russian democracy"
>>
>>380089056
Not target renders resembling gameplay. They haven't done that shit since the Killzone 2 backlash.
>>
>>380095275
My usual setup is long barrel revolver with stock (no scope) for nosalies, AK-74 with military rounds for big mutant swarms and helsing for human enemies or single mutants, since you have infinite ammo by picking the arrows up from corpses.
I don't remember a single situtation where scopes are useful, maby frontlie if you decide to use the VSV which is also cool alternative to the AK.

Also the first helsing you can find is actually on your first dead city visit after you encounter a Cyka on the ground, it's in a heavily irradiated room which is somewhat hard to reach and easy to miss.
>>
>>380095343
Its not only about contmporary russian democracy really....it could apply to most of the western world as well,call me conpiracy theorist but seeing how 8 people hold 50% of the worlds wealth you get how you would think that there is a small international clique that runs the show....

That is the point of it though Artyom feels crushed by this reality and he tries to organize a revolution and gets betrayed by all of his friends and almost killed.He the says fuck it gears up and leaves for the surface in the free world.

That is just how these russian authors are man they want to crush your soul....
And i disagree that the game loses it charm did you know that the gov wanted to keep the dark ones as a spooky boogieman but then Artyom came like a wild card and nuked them...kek.
>>
>>380095574
That's the point, that's the literal point of the entire shit plot of Metro 2035.
>>
File: 1419974343533.jpg (6KB, 187x200px) Image search: [Google]
1419974343533.jpg
6KB, 187x200px
>>380095060
Casual scum.
>>
File: F U C K.jpg (142KB, 705x441px) Image search: [Google]
F U C K.jpg
142KB, 705x441px
post yfw
>>
>>380096129
Yep it may be a shit plot but to me its good political comentary....and good observations over human psichology and nature....
>>
File: 20170501222031_1.jpg (25KB, 252x398px) Image search: [Google]
20170501222031_1.jpg
25KB, 252x398px
>>380095060
>>
>>380096089
It doesn't matter if it fits with every country in the world. That's not the point. It ruins the theme of the Metro franchise. Dmitry didn't need to ruin his best selling series to tell a story he wanted to tell.

And no, it doesn't make my soul feel crushed, it makes me really fucking pissed off that this one guy ruined one of my favourite game franchises (unless 4A games don't follow through with that plot point)

If you think this crushes anyone's soul, you're dead wrong. He turned a genuinely great realistic game into... a kids version, of a shadow government controlling everything. It waters down all the politics between the factions into (lel, putin rules all ;3)
It's idiotic and unwarranted, all Dmitry should've done is write a standalone book, simple as that, not one that actively seeks to ruin the Metro franchise because the author is angsty with his country.
>>
>>380096236
>Looking in the eyes of fear
>not just booking it since you know the level by heart at this point.
>>
File: 1495964906532.gif (853KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1495964906532.gif
853KB, 600x338px
>>380095173
>>380096175
>>380096629
maybe im more badass than all of you
>>
One thing that still stays with me is the ghost part in metro 2033. That shit was creepy and interesting. Would love more of that, more flashbacks, ghosts etc
>>
File: Helsing_scoped.jpg (167KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Helsing_scoped.jpg
167KB, 800x600px
>>380096934
>not gunning them down with your trusty mutant annihilator
>>
>>380096886
Didn't Dimitry talk down on the video games, commenting that "the books helped the games sell more than the other way around"?

I'd love for 4A to just take some "creative liberty"
>>
>>380092850
yes
>>
>>380081503
>My greatest concern is the story,in 2035 metro book the story revolves around artyom trying to start a reveolution in the metro to leave for the surface he is confronted with literally a darkstate conspiracy and a lot of political redpills are dropped and with todays pc culture we cant have that.....if i remebers corectly it even names the rostchilds etc...kek
Wait has 2035 been translated now? Oh shit nigger.
>>
File: 00415414122.png (118KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
00415414122.png
118KB, 250x250px
>>380097215

when you know your shit and manage to play it cool that bastard kills everything

>>380097307
If that liberty involves ignoring politics from 2035 then yes God, make them free of that.
>>
>>380097307
No that was the witcher author. The author of Metro likes the games and he is really happy with them AFAIK
>>
>>380097587
Shit, you're right. My bad.
>>
>>380097307
No no, Dmitry is a very humble man. I may be completely against the plot of his latest book, but that's only because it could influence itself on the new game.

No he's good, he understands how important games are and he knows how much the game has made Metro popular, in fact he called out the author of the Witcher on this. HE does that exact stuff, hell Dmitry called him a arrogant fuck, or something along those lines.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind 4A taking some creative liberty, especially with how Metro is aiming at a Western audience, not a contemporary Eastern Euro audience.
>>
>>380091552
This. I made the mistake of playing it on easy, while it (like STALKER games) is much better on hardest possible difficulty.
>>
>>380096886
Dont worry it is not likely that it will ruin the game the story will probably be different taking some pointers form the book and that is all....and what turned the games into a kids show is not the story,but the dumbed down gameplay to appeal to a broader audience....
And lets agree to disagree the story is more mature with deeper themes political,philozofiacal and social...but that is what makes it unsuited for a game format.
>>
>>380096886
Am I correct in saying that this is on the same tier as Bethesda implying that aliens started the war in Fallout? When that kind of thing happens it completely ruins the theme of man causing his own destruction and struggling to survive in a new world. Also, I wouldn't be too worried about any of this stuff getting into Exodus, the games seem to be taking a different path to the books.
>>
So why exactly did everyone hate the Redux? other than the fact it switched up controls I didn't really mind it all that much.
>>
How are the books? Any good?
>>
>>380098468
It dumbed down the AI, messed with the lighting and added takedowns to 2033.
>>
>>380098468

I don't blame you if you liked it. Hell, I somewhat prefer redux because it runs better on my machine, but at the same time graphics and atmosphere fags like me dislike that it removed a lot of the effects and such that helped the atmosphere and the shitty lightning.

Also the gameplay is sort of watered down because of our red head stepchilds consoles, see

>>380092874
>>380093035

also

>>380093493
>>380093652
>>
>>380081503
>they can now take off masks outside

I haven't played the series in a while but has this been a constant thing?
>>
>>380098129
True, i'm more than happy for the game to build on the rest, Nazi's getting BTFO (even though that would suck, a lot) The Red Line tacking over the Metro again and Miller supporting the Red Line, then trying to kill Artyom (Which would give him a reason to leave)

I think that stuff is a little stupid, but it doesn't change the whole theme of Metro as we know it, so i'm fine with it.

>>380098321
Thank you, you have no idea how good it is to hear that. I do seem very angry... and I am, but deep down i'm just very very worried that the game may possible take on the politics from Metro 2035, some articles say that it's a direct sequel, others say it's only inspired.

I guess we won't know until the game is released or someone from 4A games says something about how much influence they are taking from the book.

Wouldn't mind hearing that the Reich/Red Line are taking over, OR that mutants are finally taking over the Metro, causing a massive exodus.
>>
>>380098468
>Worse lighting
>Volumetric fog drastically toned down and flat out removed in some places
>Dumbed down all mechanics
>Removed different suits
>Drastically dumbed down AI
>Cinematic Press E to Takedown
>>
File: Bastard Metro Redux.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bastard Metro Redux.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>380098468
>"QTE" takedowns instead of free aimable, equiptable knife
>worse AI
>only two visibility states (seen or not seen with a delay on detection so you can play peekaboo with no detection)
>terrible screenshake recoil instead of only armshake like in original
>less environmental traps in levels
>throwing knives ignore armor (bounce off in original)
>mutants have invincibility frames during some animations
>attachment system makes searching for weapons in levels pointless
>overall shitty animations and feeling of weapons
>ruining atmosphere with more lights in some levels and removal of volumetric fog in others
>lots of little details and TECHNOLOGY is gone
>>
File: Bastard Metro 2033.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bastard Metro 2033.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>380099543
>>
I know everyone will shit on me for this, but I'd really like some metro multiplayer. The first game had very good gunplay, and i always thought the setting would translate well into MP. The artisanal guns could offer much more room for variation in damage, recoil, accuracy, reload time, etc than most modern shooters can.

Before Last Light was released, 4A talked about having MP. But then the whole Ukraine crisis happened and they had to scrap it. Can't deny I was slightly disappointed.

Obviously, I wouldn't want multiplayer to have a negative impact on the campaign, that should be the #1 focus. But let just say I'd be very happy if we got a singleplayer game on the level of 2033, but with multiplayer as a bonus.

just my shitty opinion.
>>
>>380099841
There were plans for a multiplayer in Metro Last Light, but yeah they wanted to focus solely on the Single Player.
But yeah, maybe, who knows. They might be able to do something like that.
>>
>>380098321
>it completely ruins the theme of man causing his own destruction
But it doesn't? Not in this case at least. Men brought their own destruction, but even in nuclear fires government lives on, it is far more dark and closer to reality thing than anarchy tribes warring over scraps.
>>
File: Polis Metro Redux.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Polis Metro Redux.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Also they ruined what little you can see of Polis.
>we will never ever be able to fully explore the biggest station in the metro universe

Feels real fucking bad.
>>
File: Polis Metro 2033.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Polis Metro 2033.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>380100637
>>
>>380100637
Why was redux made?
>>
>>380100439
Not really, the government did exist. This was all explained, when the government finally died because it couldn't keep control over the entire Metro, that's when Hanza popped up, then Polis, than the Reds, and so on.

Man, think about it for a second, an illuminati, in the shadows controlling everything is nowhere near being realistic.
When our society, human society breaks down, what happens? We'll break into tribes with out neighbours and we'll have one goal on our mind. Survival. Just look in history, these tribes or "countrys" some might call them, start to gain more control, or need to arm themselves to protect their people and their supplies.

Does that sound more human and real? Or does an illuminati group controlling everything, orchestrating all the wars to put in place population control sounds real to you?
I'm sorry man, but is nothing like what would happen if our society broke down on every level.
>>
>>380101952
to """remaster""" 2033, sell more copies, and get it on next gen consoles.
>>
>>380098468
The only thing I didn't like about Redux, was a lot of the new shooting gallerys in stations, it seemed WAY to high tech, and the Nazi trolley level. They made that level worse adding in more of a turret section doesn't make it more fun and than at the end you don't even destroy the Panzer like the original.
>>
File: 1496114021566.png (109KB, 317x281px) Image search: [Google]
1496114021566.png
109KB, 317x281px
i cant find the ps4 version on amazon
>>
>>380103589

How's your PC? Redux and OG run pretty well on mid-range systems afaik.
>>
>>380102116
M8 those guys were part of the original government,they never left why?Their leader states that they would've died in the Urals within 20 years since that is how long the supplyes would have lasted them.
He specifically states that it makes more sense for them to be closer to the people and oversee their lives.And they act more like a central bank than a dark state.
They give out hudge loans in ammo and weaponry through Hansa and thus they controll the Metro.Its a mirror representation of countries and ideologyes in a microcosm....kek.
Of course there is more to it but it makes alot more sense than anomalyes and sentient mutants...
I am not saying it would be a good story for the game though....
>>
File: 1434249261430.jpg (121KB, 529x359px) Image search: [Google]
1434249261430.jpg
121KB, 529x359px
>>380081503
>They used the 28 Days Later theme again
>>
>>380105026
In my opinion it did not fit the trailer especially with the fast paced and broadly lighted and in the open background for half of it.....
>>
>>380090329
wow more misinformation. they confirmed its NOT open world, but like the last two mostly linear with (a few) semi-open world or big levels
>>
>>380102116
That's the point, society can't break down enough, we are way too far on technological ladder for everything to collapse that far unless literally everyone would be wiped out.
>>
>>380081503
Please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world please don't be open world
>>
>>380106272
It's not.
>>
>>380106272
it isn't don't worry. It follows the style of the previous games.
>>
File: 1486361467531.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486361467531.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>380081503
>Starts off decent, looks like gameplay, dank tunnel, mean mutant, shamblin'

>Runs outside and jumps on a speeding train

Into the trash...
>>
File: 55145.jpg (183KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
55145.jpg
183KB, 1024x768px
Looks generic as fuck. Everything about it, from the gun design to how intrusive the breathing is in the gas mask. I know it's a meme, and gears isn't a bad series, but this literally feels like gears of war with a russian skin. HURR DURR HARDCORE SURVIVAL its not subtle at all and it seems boring and normiefied.
>>
>>380107252
Yeah because it's not like the other games had scenes where you jumped onto moving trains.
>>
Is there any way to get a hold of the original 2033 on steam? I own the original 2033 but I wanted to give it to my friends instead of the Redux version.
>>
>>380107636
Do you remember the trailers for last light? They were about the world, the people and their life there.

This one's about being an action star.
>>
>>380107593
This desu STALKER and the original Metro did not have high speed shit and even the scene in 2033 with the cart is belivable compared to jumping on a moving train.
They ditched the atmosphere,the psichological and supernatural aspect for action to pander to a casual audience....
>>
>>380081503
> my thoughts
MUUUUUUUUUUH DIIIIIIIIIIIIK
literally best announcement of this e3
>>
>>380107593
This is my main complaint about the new metro games

2033 was still pretty good, felt alot like stalker, last light completely ditched that and felt like an atmospheric call of duty campaign, still okay, and this one just is near unrecognizable to me. its weird. might be the first metro/stalker game i dont play through to the end.
>>
>>380107593
>>380108519
>>380108561
>gleaming all this from one trailer
Of course they were going to show a more action-oriented trailer at E3.
>>
>>380109116
We're here to talk about the press conferences.

If you don't want to discuss the only information we have so far, what the fuck are you here for?
>>
>>380081503
The music on the trailer sounds like the theme from 28 days later.
>>
>>380081503
>trains
KISAMA, ARE A HUMAN OR A KABANE?
>>
File: 1484452357346.jpg (52KB, 622x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484452357346.jpg
52KB, 622x600px
>>380081503
When he pulls out the map top side, next to the crashed mi-24 or whatever, all it did was really, really make me want a new STALKER game...

You know, I wouldn't mind if 4A just made Metro into a shameless Not!Stalker.
>>
>>380109543
That's because it is; Using it in a metro setting is triggering.
>>
>>380109791
>>380109116
I wouldn't even mind if metro ditches being linear and morphs into a neo-stalker, it's just if they do that it better be far less subtle about its gameplay than whatever the fuck that shit was in the trailer. or even last light. last light got really boring because without the atmosphere and slow pacing metro is just a generic shooter, which LL lacked.
>>
>>380107593
I just let out a sigh of relief knowing that 4A don't listen to shitters like you. What was "hardcore survival" about this moreso than 2033? Timed filters? The game looks fucking mint, and judging by how Metro trailers actually represented in-game fidelity in the past, you can safely bet that the finished game will be similar to this.

Basically the only thing your absolute shitter opinion has going is that you managed to match the color palettes of 2 games, and now other shitters are agreeing with you, because hey gears also looks brownish.

You deserve a bitchslap for that stupid fucking "opinion" m80
>>
>>380109116
We are speculating on what we have been given,i am highly critical of it because i love the series and want it to be good.2033 was good,last light was mediocre and this looks like more of that....
>>
>>380110349
I wouldn't even mind if you fucked off and never posted here again. Did you run out of stalker mods to fuck around with?
>>
>>380110091
they've used the same song for trailers before, can you newshits please fuck off ASAP, I'm about to reee over here
>>
It didn't look like there was a single second of actual gameplay, it looks entirely pre-rendered.
>>
>>380110686
>>380110438
>This is what Metro going for that Call of Duty audience looks like
>>
>>380110438
>4A don't listen to shitters like you.
Shitters like me is the reason they got the funds to start another franchise to begin with. If shitters like me didn't support stalker all the way until the end, and preordered 2033 and continuously showed support with anything they came out with, you would've never gotten this game or last light either. This is how capitalism works I guess but don't be a condescending cunt to the very people that are to thank for the money allowing for this franchise to exist.

I'm saying it looks like gears not because of the color, but because it's extremely unsubtle in your face 'HEY HARDCORE SURVIVAL LAMO" the way the gas mask breathing is extremely loud to remind you of its presence, the animations, just everything about it feels like old school gears. and the shotgun and crossbow just look generic as hell too, everything about it. which isn't bad, just means the series' core is dead and it's something else now.

and it's not like I hate cod/gears/ "dudebro" games, its just i hate how every game that does anything different seems to morph into them over time.
>>
>>380111584
Yep if you think that the old one was no much better you are a casual newfagg trash....
>>
File: 1467117124808.png (320KB, 856x662px) Image search: [Google]
1467117124808.png
320KB, 856x662px
>>380109682
You are funny guy.
>>
>>380112426
You are an underage faggot, who just finished grade 8 and is hankering to write mini-essays on all sorts of bullshit, like his useless fucking opinion matters.
> gas mask breathing in a trailer
Are you unironically going to complaing about the "cinematic" camera sway, because that's OBVIOUSLY gonna be in the final game?

Are you an A B S O L U T E retard?

fucking hell, mind removing yourself from the gene pool?
>>
>>380112932
m8 this is game discussion, it's what /v/ used to at least somewhat resemble before phoneposters mouthbreathers like you took over.

dunno what you mean about "cinematic sway", I didn't even mention anything about sway in anything.
>>
stop fighting blyat
>>
>>380113364
and there it is - the bitchboy shuffle
>m-mate this is a discussion
and you just "discussed" the most asinine shit I've read here today - gas mask sounds from a trailer > conjecture about metro/gears BASED ON SOUNDS FROM A TRAILER > damage control

Well done, I bet your father curses the paki who sold him expired condoms.
>>
File: 1492802947367.jpg (104KB, 634x543px) Image search: [Google]
1492802947367.jpg
104KB, 634x543px
>"Democracy" in general
>>
>>380114529
damage control? Yes, I shared my thoughts on the trailer and even though it's very short it's all I have to go off as to what the game will look like. It is just discussion on opinions. That means obviously accounting everything they show, minus the way the guy is playing since that's up to the player. The gas mask was a huge mechanic in both last light in 2033, so even that makes sense to judge. Why did you click on this thread if you were going to be angry at people discussing what they have to go off?

but right, we're in the ADHD generation where paying attention to detail isn't even considered. I'm sad that they are pandering to mouthbreathers like you with these newer games, but I'll still play them since I loved stalker when it was still in its prime.
>>
>>380115626
did we watch the same trailer?

I saw a teaser for a fucking METRO game out of nowhere, where I'm gonna be able to do my usual METRO shit and on top of that roll around the slav countryside on a fucking BATTLE TRAIN with my slavfu.

Now you can sit here worrying about gas mask noises, but I'm already on that hype train nigga. Honestly, I'd delete all those bitchboy comments if I were you. Like how do you not have a perma-boner right now. I've got that trailer running on repeat, it's so good.
>>
>>380117934
And speaking of gas masks, what I'm worried about is who that gas mask at the start belongs to, and it better not be my boy Artyom the ultimate shadow ranger.stalker superstar extraordinaire.
>>
>>380117934
Damn you are a total faggot.....
>>
>>380117934
not him but you sound like a faggot
why are you arguing over an e3 trailer of all things anyway
>>
>>380109791
The game will apparently include a day/night cycle and dynamic weather. Sure the world of Metro isn't as fickle a mistress as the Zone, but I say we can pretend it's a stalker game at this point. It pretty much is.
>>
>>380090843

It came out awhile ago. I have the English translation. It's like $30 on amazon.
>>
>>380120098
How do you like the books, is it something you would recommend?
>>
File: potentialdisaster.jpg (31KB, 435x294px) Image search: [Google]
potentialdisaster.jpg
31KB, 435x294px
>>380081503
i really hope it becomes the new stalker game everyone wants

i've got a bad feeling about how it's all gonna go tho
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.