[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The great debate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 20

File: factions.png (1MB, 3684x548px) Image search: [Google]
factions.png
1MB, 3684x548px
The great debate.
>>
Realistically speaking, House is the best decision for the Mojave
I still went for Yes Man
>>
House=Yes man>NCR>Ceasar
>>
objectively the answer is
Yes Man > NCR > Legion > House

but that is probably too kosher for you isn't it
>>
>>380069072
House always wins baby
>>
>>380071431

Except when you kill him, then he loses
>>
>DUDE PICK A FACTION
Remember when Fallout 2 simply judged you by your actions without giving any clear options?
>>
ACTUAL ROOM FOR DEBATE TIER:
>House
>NCR
RETARDED ANCAP TIER:
>Yes Man
EDGY AND UNFINISHED TIER:
>Legion
>>
NCR is a lesser evil. I'm not handling the wasteland to retarded cosplayers or a crazy megalomaniac
>>
>>380071608
You can't kill an idea
>>
>>380072264
You can when there isn't anyone else left alive who knows what the idea was
>>
>>380069072
House obviously
>NCR is corrupt and won't protect Vegas from the Tunnelers
>Legion wants to destroy technology and bring humanity to ancient times
>Yes Man is just anarchy
Meanwhile House with his army of robots will protect Vegas and take humanity to the moon
>>
>>380072389
I'd say House is emblematic of the nostalgia or old world blues that's so prevalent in the setting. You can't kill that.
>>380072714
>anyone surviving the tunnelers
>>
House can accomplish a long term goal for the entire surviving world. The NCR is just a shitty bureaucracy that can't do anything, the Legion is very effective at protecting their people but also do a bunch of bad shit and are anti-progress, and Yes Man really is a wild card.
>>
>>380072714
>Tunnelers
>canon
>>
>bending your fucking knee to a psychopath who thinks he is Julius Gaius Caesar
You must be playing Legion ironically.
>>
>>380069072
feg
>>
>>380070365

/thread
>>
>>380069072
Legion's lack of a successor is the biggest criticism of it but that's solved by Caesar just training an heir, it's brutal and edgy but in a fucked radtion wasteland full of mutants a society that values strength is what's best for the human race's survival
>>
File: thumbsidian.png (1MB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsidian.png
1MB, 750x600px
>>380069072
House can't win because, despite being a genius billionaire mogul who perfected immortality and had the get-up-an-go attitude that kept one spot on the map from being bombed flat, he never cleaned that giant thumbprint off of his computer screen.
>>
>>380073117
I'd say that House is about sacrificing philosophical progress for material progress and the old world. Under his watch the Vegas area will go (as Cass said) full speed ahead in the opposite direction. While that is an interesting option, it involves the rejection of the future and a desperate attachment to the past, and that won't work in the wasteland.
>>
Anyone who thinks NCR is any better or worse than the Legion clearly has no experience with Fallout outside of New Vegas. They put on a nice face, but they really are nothing more than another tribal gang playing dress up. They may have more reach and man power, but then, so does Caesar.
>>
>>380074867
>comparing a republic experiencing growing pains with an authoritarian dictatorship whose primary goal is to emulate an ancient empire
>>
>>380069072
House=Ceasar>NCR>>>Yes man
>>
>>380072914
House and the Legion can survive the Tunnelers. House with his army of upgraded securitrons can fortify Vegas and keep them out while the Legion has the numbers and soldier discipline to outmatch them. The NCR on the other hand would be too overextended, low on funds and its soldiers would have low morale. They'd lose when the invasion happens.
>>
>>380070365
this
>>
>>380069072
independent vegas
>>
>>380070365
this
>>
>>380074517
He's a big guy.
>>
>>380075287
>authoritarian dictatorship whose primary goal is to emulate an ancient empire
sounds like NCR

remember how Tandi ruled for a long ass time and then the NCR went to shit basically once she died? and how Oliver now basically runs the show in the mojave? sounds like the legion to a T
>>
House > Legion > POWER GAP > Numale Cuckold Retards > dude anarchy lmao
>>
>>380075287
How is that any different from what the NCR is doing?

At least Rome didn't bring about the nuclear apocalypse.
>>
All of them suck where's Joshua Graham faction at?
>>
>>380069072
Yes Man is the only realistic option.
>>
>>380070365
spbp.
>>
>>380075630
The Tunnelers are the tyranids of this setting. I could at least entertain House surviving, but the Legion? No fucking way.
>>
>>380069072
[Meet the New Boss] vs [Cut Content] vs [Professional Bootlicking] vs [Personal Robot Deathsquad]
>>
>>380076309
The only way independent Vegas would succeed is with a 10 INT courier and all the minor factions surviving (with the exception of the hostile ones like the Fiends and the Powder Gangers). Otherwise it will fail
>>
>>380071608
If your enemy kills you they lose
>>
>>380075893
Yes-man aka "let's just give power to robots" is the dumbest idea. It's in the game just to make it possible to recruit all factions and this is a mistake in a game about politics.
>>
>>380076489
Which, the bloodthirsty monster faction, or the sad man crying about being a bloodthirsty monster faction?
>>
>>380075630
Aren't the tunnelers kill for at least a pretty good while though?
>>
>>380069072
I went with the faster route
I think it was Yes Man
>>
I could never respect House. He just came off as a man with too large a hubris and visions to grand to be anything realistic. Send humanity to the stars, eh? The Enclave gave up on that years ago, and they were one of the only people on Earth to still have access to oil

Even with the Legion, I can at least have some respect for their honour and dutifulness, along with their competence for the protection of its citizens and trade. Not that I'd choose them either. They're basically screwed once Caesar's dead

The wild Card option won't realistically last for very long, what with two lingering super-powers beside New Vegas, although with New California losing interest, and the fact that the Legion could find slaves elsewhere, it might last longer than one may expect (lest it implodes from the inside with the raiders and gangs and all)

The NCR is the only one that has some realistic long-term potential. They are able to replace their leaders, the corruption, while present, is not as serious as it would be if under Legion tyranny, and so far their model has been moderately successful, unlike the gamble that is Mr. House. Not to mention, yes there are taxes, but considering the amount of wealth New Vegas can provide, along with the dam, those taxes will be invested greatly in the Mojave overtime
>>
Ave, true to Caesar.

Might makes right. Every great civilization was built by the oppressed and the oppressors.
>>
>>380076671
>NCR meets tunners
>shit shit shit they're fucking coming from the walls man, game over! run for the hills!
seriously, look at camp FLH. those troops were shitting themsevles and unable to do anything against men with machetes, double barrel shotguns, and cowboy repeaters. what would they do to an army of dealthclaws 2.0? run and fucking hide.
>legion meets tunners
>we need to wipe them out entirely, send in the troops. all of them.
either legion dies out completely to them, suffers massive loses and leaves/wins, or just wins. they won't run.
>House meets tunners
>how cute, animals that dig. securatrons, blast them to bits, then fill their holes full of cement to finish the job.
>>
>>380077087
t. NCRIDF
You don't think House is serious about space travel? Why did he buy REPCONN in 2076 then?
>>
I trust House, I don't believe he'll get us to space but I do believe he can improve living conditions considerably especially with a right hand like me.
And the Ghost Vaqueiro.
>>
>>380076291
>sounds like NCR
No. I'd agree that the NCR strays too close to America, but it's not authoritarian.
>remember how Tandi ruled for a long ass time and then the NCR went to shit basically once she died
Tandi ruled as a fairly popular president. It wasn't as though she pulled an Assad, and it's really hard to say things went to shit after she died. I'd say that the NCR became way more militant and expansionist, but life in the NCR seems pretty good compared to most of the alternatives.
>and how Oliver now basically runs the show in the mojave
The Mojave is a contested area that's actively being annexed and incorporated into the NCR. I'm not surprised that a general holds a lot of sway there.
>>
>>380076671
The Legion trains its soldiers from a young age. Unlike the NCR soldiers who are mostly conscripts, the Legionnaries are fearless and their entire life is devoted to war. They also have a big army, it was said that there's even more Legionnaries in their home area outside the Mojave. Add Lanius' brilliant strategic fighting mind and the Tunnelers will be dealt with.
>>
Never played lonesome road why does everyone see tunnelers as this huge ass threat from what little I see they're smaller than humans and don't seem to have anything special besides their claws just shoot them
>>
>>380077701
I'm sure he's serious. I'm also sure he'd fail.
>>
>>380078031
play DUST
>>
>>380078031
Near the start of the game you see a deathclaw get killed by them

I'll leave it there
>>
>>380078031
They swarm you like ants and I don't think every citizen has shotgun fists and plasma casters like you do.
>>
>>380077087
>raiders
>in the yes-man ending
not while I'm here, bucko
>>
File: All Might Approves.webm (92KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
All Might Approves.webm
92KB, 640x360px
>>380070365
This.

Okay, maybe change the = to a >
>>
>>380078079
>implying they won't find an alternate fuel source by then
>>
>>380078031
They can fuck you up faster than a alpha deathclaw on steroids
>>
An autocracy under an immortal benevolent dictator is the best system of government. House has the talent and the drive to put humanity back on the fast track to the future.
>>
>>380077701
Imagine if with the ghouls you send to space last working rockets in the USA, thereby delaying new space age by century.
>>
>>380078289
>>380078286
>tfw no fallout EDF crossover going across the Mojave with fuckhuge guns and deployable vertibirds to eradicate the tunneler threat
>>
>>380070365
Deep down we all know this is the truth.
>>
>>380076398
The NCR is a fairly young republic that's picking up some of the the democratic principles of the prior governments. Caesar's Legion is a dictatorship/cult of personality that's emulating a civilization that's been dead for nearly two millennia by the time of Caesar. I think the only parallel you could draw between the two would be their varying degrees of reliance on the past.
>>
>>380071813
Yeah and without any good villains like the first game it was completely forgettable
>>
>>380078405
I say they're equal because the courier can do everything House can do, but I can see why you'd think it wold be better with both of them around.
>>
>>380078623
>doing Come Fly With Me
>not just pickpocketing Manny or reading his computer
>>
What if to take care of Tunnelers we just gave everyone a big stick with a power fist attached to the end? Then when a Tunneler comes charging they can poke it to death.
>>
I really like the legion and think they are very interesting from a lore perspective but the uniforms suck ass. They could have made them still roman inspired while acknowledging the power of the legion. Fucking hockey armor.
>>
>>380073497
They're in the game though, in an add-on however but still in the game
>>
>>380078031
>Never played lonesome road
>but here's my uninformed opinion anyways

Why do faggots do this?
>>
>>380069072
This is almost as bad as debating over the stormcloaks etc.

Shit choices, shit factions, mediocre+ game.
>>
>>380074762
personally i though house was the least regressive of the factions (besides yes man, obviously) the ncr is purposefully trying to by as close to "as if the bombs never dropped" as possible, when both Caesar and house recognize the failures of pre-world government and society. the only difference is their views on sustainable resources, and that house doesn't like rape and slavery.
>>
>>380079507
I agree, Imperials are the right choice.
>>
>>380079081
It's probably because they're still relatively recent and just found whatever they could to put on themselves before they go to war. Besides, early Roman armor also looked pretty weak-looking.
>>
>>380078962
>the courier can do everything House can do

except y'know, live forever. Once the courier dies, you've got a Vegas that's just as unstable as if Caesar took it and then died.
>>
>>380079838
No stormcloaks are clearly the best choice
>>
>>380080042
I dunno a lot of the Stormcloak Jarls seemed like stupid assholes.
>>
>>380075287
>one is a republic with a shitty constitution and a loose form of representative government
>one is an authoritarian dictatorship under the supreme command of one man who's worshipped as a divine ruler
>they're the same

I mean come on, anon. I like the legion too, but at least I'm not a complete retard about it.
>>
File: ave.jpg (256KB, 596x866px) Image search: [Google]
ave.jpg
256KB, 596x866px
>>
>>380079990
The courier is canonically the steward of Big Mt who have better technology than anything House has access to.
>>
>>380076748
>Courier
>Support from the Boomers, the Think Tank, the Securitron Army, the Followers,

Boomers and Securitron should be enough to protect against mundane military threats. Followers can help with the establishment of a basic civil infrastructure and bureaucracy. Think Tank can help converting the wealth of unimplemented technology found in the Big Empty into something of use for an organized society.

Internally the biggest problem would be the fact that Yes Man still holds the entire system by the throat and there's no reason why a technically-mided Courier shouldn't have just wiped his personality programming on the spot as soon as he showed up in Hoover Dam
>>
>>380079990
Why would the courier not be able to use houses machine? There's a certain annoying irony on how housefags shit in mary sue couriers that pick yes man and follow house with the glassy eye zeal of a religious man and claim he can do no wrong. It's like complaining about mary sues and following a mary she who can do no wrong because he isn't you
>>
File: siddgeir.png (329KB, 428x434px) Image search: [Google]
siddgeir.png
329KB, 428x434px
>>380080337
>>
>>380080042
If the Stormcloaks win, Skyrim will get invaded and annexed by the elves instead of just harassed. The Empire will be all the weaker in the next war, almost ensuring a total Dominion victory.
>>
>>380080815
He's stupid too. I'd also argue Riften is a non-choice.
>>
>>380080796
>Why would the courier not be able to use houses machine?
Because it's not reasonable to assume that the courier understands how any of it works.
>>
>>380079000
>not killing every single one of those subhuman ghoul fucks

ED-E, I'm already a demon.
>>
File: 377b0f0c90763ab57b69c80c93667785.jpg (375KB, 1505x1000px) Image search: [Google]
377b0f0c90763ab57b69c80c93667785.jpg
375KB, 1505x1000px
>>380079507
>shit choices
>shit factions
That's literally why people keep talking about it, they're all horrible but that's what makes them realistic instead of some bullshit goody factions that will magically make the wasteland into pre-war America again

Seriously, what's a non-shitty faction to you?
>>
>>380077251
>m-m-might makes right
>blow kaizer's head off in his chair
>legionfags attack you instead of bowing
>wipe out the legion camp
>"might makes right except when we get wiped out by one guy"
>>
House > NCR > Legion >>> Yesman
Yesman only exists because New Vegas is a video game, and you needed a cop out ending to allow idiot console players a chance of completing the game.
>>
File: SEAL-Vietnam.jpg (1MB, 1524x2112px) Image search: [Google]
SEAL-Vietnam.jpg
1MB, 1524x2112px
>>380069072
>tfw plan to write a fanfic about an NCR penal battalion that gets sent out to fight Powder Gangers,Fiends and preform counter operations against Legion soldiers
I need a second opinion on this
>>
>>380081098
He can hire people who do, he can just get the think tank to look at it, maybe the courier has 10 INT.
>>
>>380078031
They're stronger and faster than deathclaws and they hunt in packs. Also they fucking TUNNEL. Play the expansion you, dolt.
>>
>>380081591
sounds good
>>
>>380081591
hhehhehehe... "penal"
>>
>>380081591
Make it like Gaunt's Ghosts in the Wasteland and you may have gold there.
>>
>>380081098
Why not? I'm not one to generally pick yes man but the Courier has access to the lucky 38 and the think tank so I don't think it's unreasonable for the courier to achieve immortality
>>
>>380081098
But yes man does and he obeys only the courier.
>>
>>380081953
This right here, it'd be really cool and a fun read
>>
>>380081591
On what? Writing a fanfic? Go for it, who gives a shit.

As long as it's not pants on head retarded, like "turns out the NCR battalion has a synch in it" or "there is a Legion spy amongst the group".
>>
>>380081953
>gaunt's ghosts
What happened to that series? I stopped reading after The Lost omnibus.
>>
>>380079000
>Not just walking an other 3 minutes to Boulder City and getting Benny's lighter.
>Not just walking into the Tops with a silenced 9 and a stealthboy and killing Benny to get the chip without any evidence
Sure you can skip whole chunks of the game, anon, but then why even play?
>>
File: 1461083549155.jpg (33KB, 414x387px) Image search: [Google]
1461083549155.jpg
33KB, 414x387px
>>380069072
Yes-man was a very good friend. I have never met someone like him. I felt he really cared for me.
Wish he was real ;_;
>>
>>380082386
Come Fly With Me has got to be one of the worst quests in the game.
>>
>>380082723
Neat idea and well written, just executed poorly. Far too much running around for too little a pay off.

I wish there was more done with Davidson, Antler and Chris.
>>
>>380082723
If you're some sort of fagman, sure.
>>
>>380082668
I'd love to see that
>hahaha your right anon you are a worthless piece of shit gee you sure are great at being a NEET why even try to do anything else when your just so great!
>you want to kill yourself? Go for it anon! Show those other suicide victim s how its really done!
>>
>>380082668
He only cares for you because he's programmed to.
>>
>>380078941

>The NCR is a fairly young republic that's picking up some of the the democratic principles of the prior governments.

The problem is republics get less democratic over time, not more. Only possible exception is expanding the franchise, but besides that you just move towards mob rule. The legion has carved out a fairly stable area where most people are safe and prosperous. Women have it rough, and slaves have it really rough, but the Legion has room to be reformed, whereas the NCR will have to pass through a period of increasing corruption first.
>>
>>380082723
They should've expanded it more as a horror quest where you clear out the building from Ghouls instead of le epin cult xddd with backtracking and fetch quests. But the Nightkin are alright
>>
>>380069072
Anything but NCR
Yes Man is second last by a notable power gap

House and Legion are pretty even and depend on isolationist v expansionist ideologies
>>
>>380078463

I brought up the Enclave having oil not to show the House doesn't have the necessary resource to do so, but to emphasize how advanced they were while still abandoning the project. The Enclave could wipe the floor on House's securitrons. Just look at what the remnants were capable of. They decided to leave space travel and settle on Earth instead

I won't say it's impossible, but very time and resource heavy? Yes. House will not be able to achieve his dream in the time he proposed to the Courier. New Vegas, however fancy it is, cannot make enough wealth in that time for House to do so. For one thing, there are only three casinos, then there's the fact that there's no way to advertise to people far and beyond what with the lack of convenient methods apart from paying people to basically walk all over the country, a waste of money.

In the end, he'd have to find other means of gathering resources. But from where? The Mojave is small and doesn't look promising from what the Courier finds. Would he have to search elsewhere? He's sandwiched between two super-powers. Nowhere is there any evidence that Mr. House is building more securitrons, and with metal being scarce he'd have to settle to raiding rarely found robots. The NCR can at least make more soldiers and Legion even faster. Topple with the faster that as House goes deeper into NCR territory they'll only get stronger, and the Legion's capacity for guerilla tactics, and Mr. House won't last long
>>
Fallout game endings by gameplay quality
Fallout 1 = Fallout 4 > Fallout 2 > Fallout 3 > Fallout NV

Fallout game endings by story quality
Fallout 1 > Fallout NV > Fallout 4 > Fallout 2 > Fallout 3

This ranking is disregarding the end cutscene of the game that's shows you everything you've done (fallout 4 dropping the ball hard here as we all know)
The gameplay of all the fallout games ending is a pure genocide fest, it's fucking mediocre at best. Fallout 1 is redeemed by maybe one of the best final enemies in the Master which makes it probably the best ending in the series. Gameplay of 3 and NV is essentially a linear corridor shooter, one with Liberty Prime which is sort of interesting and NV on that ugly ass dam with shitty bullet sponge enemies and the boring and mechanically unimpressive Legate Lanius. Fallout 2 is basically 1 without the good final guy to talk to (frank horrigan and the president are lame desu). Fallout 4's factions all have a notable variation in their endings by gameplay but are all sort of rediculous genocide fests. Fallout 4 ends up being at the top of the list simple because the gameplay quality of the other games is straight up bad a short opposed to mediocre-average in 4
>>
>>380082723
I personally hated the vault 22 quest more
>>
>>380083551
> Fallout NV having worse gameplay than Fallout 3
>>
>>380079952

Why is that guy on the right wearing a black and white bicycle helmet?
>>
The three main faction endings all have good and bad sides. The Yes Man ending is not inherently good or bad, it's just the "choose your own adventure" one. So if you want full RP potential to do whatever you want with NV, pick Yes Man. Other than that He doesn't really belong in the debate because while every other ending has a concrete fact about the future of Vegas, his is basically "whatever makes you happy, dude." Having Vegas become a perfect egalitarian utopia is just as Canon as having it become an AnCap hellhole (or paradise).
>>
>tunnelers
this is the biggest problem right? I kind of remember about them but not really
>>
File: 1496431766538.png (100KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1496431766538.png
100KB, 500x281px
>>380083551
>one with Liberty Prime which is sort of interesting and NV on that ugly ass dam with shitty bullet sponge enemies and the boring and mechanically unimpressive Legate Lanius
>>
>>380083551
I just finished NV for the first time a few days ago the dam battle was so fucking dissapointing I was expecting an all out war not a few legion troops and ncr taking potshots at eachother
>>
>>380084128

This. Not too mention Liberty Prime breaks the game and does all the work for you if you chose the BoS. Oh yeah, so much more riviting
>>
>>380083962
Tunnelers was Avelone trying to make tribals the main thing again.
>>
>>380079507
>Fleshed out factions are shit!
>>
>>380084332
oh. what a distasteful move. you can just decide that hawaii is tribal or some shit
>>
>>380084330
>chose the BoS
>FO3
>implying that there were any other options

I don't like being railroaded.
>>
>>380083551
Jesus Christ those rankings
Didn't read past them
>>
>>380083036
>>380083054
Does something like Yes-man exists in real life?
I'd like a program that cares for me ;_;
>>
>>380084749
There's text to speech programs could just type in you are awesome or something
>>
>>380084652
True, only played it once. So disappointed I stopped right then and there
>>
>>380076489
>wants a band of wanna-be Jews to take over the post-apocalyptic South West
Pol warned me that this place was cucked, but I had to see it for myself.

>>380080676
This is the best solution. Along with nuking both NCR and Legion to keep their reinforcements out.

Also if you wipe out the white legs that's an untouched frontier to expand into and between the military force of the courier controlled Vegas and the civilizing effects of the discount-Jews teaching their watered down Mormonism to the natives it'll be a Vegas dominated satellite state in no time.

Also anyone who doesn't play as level 10 int is a savage and should have high ordinance explosives rained down on them by the Boomer's B-29.
>>
>>380083551
>Fallout 3 has better gameplay the Fallout New Vegas
Hello Todd
>>
File: arryo fo2 ending.png (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
arryo fo2 ending.png
138KB, 640x480px
>>380084578
Avelone thought everything was getting too advanced and wanted to hit the reset button.
>>
>>380084749
>write a program that can convincingly pretend to like me

Nobody is that skilled at coding, anon.
>>
>>380085065
>/pol/
You are the cuck for using a board that has threads starting with cuckhold porn and reaching 100+ replies faggot
>>
File: 1496911890211.png (135KB, 499x377px) Image search: [Google]
1496911890211.png
135KB, 499x377px
>>380076489
>Joshua Graham turns his tribesmen into a Mormon Crusader state
>>
Personal opinions on factions aside, what do you think is the most likely canon ending? As in, IF Obsidian was given another stab at Fallout, what ending would be the implied canon?

I know it ultimately depends on where they set the next game; if the New Orleans thing turned out to be true, you can more or less make every ending work without actually saying what faction won out in the end.

Personally I think it will be Yesman, as much as it pains me to say it.
>>
>>380085065
>Pol warned me
My sides, please leave this board and take the rest of your "I hate blacks nazis are the good guys" friends with you
>>
File: 2YqKOTz.png (229KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
2YqKOTz.png
229KB, 1200x807px
>>380085269
haha
>>
>>380085196
I see what he's getting at. but couldn't you just make prequels instead? I prefer that things are moving forward, it's the way back to a civilization that entices me the most about the setting. the tribal stage is on one end of that, and propoer cities on the other. I'd like more of the whole spectrum. that said, Honest Hearts was probably my favorite DLC. It's not a bad idea, but it's not the only good one.
>>
>>380085196
I really don't get this opinion.
For me, Fallout didn't have a particularly unique setting until Fallout 2; if only because we rarely see post, post apocalyptic settings in any form of media.

Why the fuck would you take the games unique selling point and turn it back into another generic post apocalyptic game akin to Fallout 3?
>>
>>380085518
I agree with you. I think the Yes Man choice is canonical, if not for the very least, the fact that it's a more satisfying ending to the battle (beating both Lanius and Oliver)
>>
>>380085518
NCR ending is the most likely to be canon, unfortunately.
>>
>>380085980
Avelone was a big Fallout 3 fan, actually.
>>
>>380083782
>>380085169
I'm only referring to the game play quality of the ending of the game. No fucking shit NV has better overall quality to 3
>>
>>380085518
Too many factors like how they themselves view the courier, if he's a total badass and could kill 20 deathclaws at once and such then yeah probably yesman but if he was just another guy trying to get his job done and got super lucky at getting revenge I'd have to go with either house or possibly ncr
>>
>>380077251

>might makes right
>gets cucked in almost every battle they have that sn't against completely unarmed tribals or drunkards, gets absolutely demolished by the ncr on two occasions despite having overwhelmingly larger numbers, leader has a brain tumor and uses technology to save his ass despite now allowing his people access to that same technology on moral grounds

lol ok
>>
>>380085518
Legion
They're not fleshed out enough and we know that if they lose Hoover dam they will shatter.
>>
>>380084330
I consider Liberty prime in 3 to be essentially a bad thing but still better than that horrible dam walk in NV
>>
>>380086208
SHUT THE FUCK UP MR. HOUSE IS ALIVE GODDAMNIT
>>
>>380083513
>But from where?
The sun.

Between Helios and the Boomer base there are at least three groups that are familiar with maintaining solar energy plants: NCR, Boomers and Brotherhood. Why can't they use the still mostly functional factories around Vegas, the cheap labor in the form of robots and wasters, and all of the raw materials that can be recycled from the ruins to make more solar plants? They've got the Brotherhood, the Think Tank, and the Followers of the Apocalypse, or even the NCR with the technical know how to manufacture new solar panels and to add new plants the the power grid. The sun always shines in the Mojave and it's not like they're lacking flat surfaces to put the panels down. Even when you run out of material to recycle it's mostly silicon (sand - silicon dioxide) and metals (mine-able) so they can keep making new ones from scratch too.
>>
>>380085518
Canon ending will be a vague mention that both the NCR and the Legion "suffered heinous losses during the conflict for Hoover Dam", and no detailed mention of House since whatever game comes after New Vegas will be far enough away that the people in the new region will have no reason at all to care about House.

Maybe a mention of one or two characters having visited New Vegas, but without them saying who rules the place now.
>>
>>380086612
You've more or less hit the nail on the end.
I do think Yesman would be the most likely choice IF they confirmed an ending as canon, but if they just left it vague as you said, I wouldn't be surprised.

They are in a difficult position though. They can't possibly set the game in NCR or Legion territory without confirming what the ending is because the events of NV are too great to ignore. They'd have to totally abandon the west coast region to avoid reference, or set the game not long after the events of NV.
>>
>>380086612
You're talking about east coast, right? I doubt that Bethesda would even want to reference New Vegas in a new installment, maybe if we ever get another west coast game they'll be mentioned
>>
>>380087149
They have referenced it a few times, albeit poorly.
>the pipboy space invaders knockoff has the welcome to New Vegas sign on it. Yes, not the original, pre war Las Vegas sign, the actual New Vegas sign.
>Some random guy claims to have shut off code for all the securitrons which he won in a poker game
>muh alien artifacts buried in the Mojave
>>
File: 1494611076451.gif (2MB, 550x374px) Image search: [Google]
1494611076451.gif
2MB, 550x374px
>>380087796
>>muh alien artifacts buried in the Mojave
please don't tell me that Wild Wasteland shit is canon now
>>
>>380087149

Are there any more Vaults that were sealed for an unreasonable amount of time? That's where Fallout 5 will be set.

Maybe one where the Vault experiment is killing the residents, then reviving them Herbert West style 1,000 years later.

Maybe one where the residents are launched into space and freeze dried, then woken up after a crash 10,000 years later.

Maybe one where on the second day the Vault is sent forward in time, and opens when it lands, 100,000 years later.
>>
>>380086593
Well firstly, the NCR are gone if House wins, not to mentions the Brotherhood couldn't care less about solar panels unless you activate ARCHIMEDES (not to mention Mr. House wants them out of the picture anyway), and no, the Followers don't have extensive knowledge about Helios. Only one of them does and it's vague knowledge.

Regardless, this doesn't remove the fact that it will take much longer than he proposes, and even with that life-extending machine he has, he's clearly still aging. He will die one day
>>
File: YZXKEY209.jpg (121KB, 1280x815px) Image search: [Google]
YZXKEY209.jpg
121KB, 1280x815px
>>380088247
>no matter which of those choices everything will look like it was bombed yesterday with retards squatting in junk shacks and SUPER DUPER MUTANTS
>>
>>380070365
As much as I prefer house, yes man playthrough can be done in a right enough way, so yes you are right.
>>
>>380088159
Stupid shit has been canon since Fallout 2.
You can take stuff like the Tardis with a pinch of salt, but having a major plot element called "Skynet" is really jarring.

If Bethesda thought Mothership Zeta was a good idea, I wouldn't put it passed them to make Mojave aliens canon.

>>380088247
>Are there any more Vaults that were sealed for an unreasonable amount of time?
Probably not, but knowing Bethesda they'll come up with some stupid shit to suggest otherwise.
>>
>>380087796
>the pipboy space invaders knockoff has the welcome to New Vegas sign on it. Yes, not the original, pre war Las Vegas sign, the actual New Vegas sign.
not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls
>>
>>380088247
>making Fallout in the future
What's the point of that when we still don't have east and west coast factions interacting with each other? Not to mention that there's still an argument whether Tactics is canon or not

Also unrelated, but does anybody know if that one mod of NV that's set in space is still being developed?
>>
>>380069072
House > NCR >Caesar > Yes Man

Anyone who disagrees is a little slow.
>>
>>380069072
if you are roleplaying someone smarter than house with a unique vision, then yes man.
otherwise, the house always wins.
>>
>>380086593
>>380088471

I also forgot to mention, the Think Tank: where exactly is he going to go to get there and how?

And the Boomers? All we know is that they know solar panels make electricity. Hell, that applies to most of the people you mentioned. Few if any have the technological know-how to try and apply that to space technology. Just take a look at modern day. Not as advanced with gadgets but still many more resources available to use. We can't get a solar-powered plane to move faster than a car in the city. What's 70 years, plus a nuclear war, gonna do to help that problem out?
>>
>>380089447

>What's the point of that when we still don't have east and west coast factions interacting with each other?

I am using sarcasm to express frustration with the fact that Bethesda seems to be coming up with increasingly contrived reasons to start you in a Vault, despite the timeline advancing with every game.
>>
>>380084261
All big battles in all bethesda games are always disappointing.

>>380086247
This. It's always a "the mysterious Lary Sue character made everything better" ending for every game.

>>380088159
Was the Alien DLC from Fallout 3 not canon then? They were the same aliens in Vegas and they had the same weapons and ammunition. Obviously because they're too lazy to make new ones, but still seems canon to me.

>>380088471
>>380089723
Fuck House. There are plenty of people across the wasteland with the knowledge to repair solar panels (including the courier). It's not a stretch at all to assume one of them would know how to make new solar panels from scratch and that I can be turned into an assembly line production model.

You said where would they get energy from? The whole damn Mojave is being bombarded with energy all day. It's just a matter of capturing and storing and distributing it. It's a world of plasma ray guns and machines with general artificial intelligence. 1950's energy technology isn't at all a leap forward for them. If anything it's a leap backwards.

>where exactly is he going to go to get there and how?
They literally have teleportation technology, you dope. Where have you been? You've played the game, right? The level of functional technology that they've mastered and STILL master in the post-apocalypse desert is FAR greater than mass producing solar panels.
>>
>>380090113
I know you're being ironic but Bethesda would do something like this if they ever felt like it
>>
>>380076489
He can either become the new Legion only Christian and God as their idol instead of Caesar (which to be fair, is more effective because Caesar will eventually die unlike "God") or he rebuilds New Canaan and lives in peace.
Sounds like a pretty awesome faction; it'd be cool if a future Fallout acknowledged them and had them play a part in the plot of the game.
>>
>>380078251
DUST is unbalanced as fuck. There's a bug with the Tunnelers they never bothered to correct that makes them twice as deadly.
>>
>>380091148
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60519/?

someone else fixed it.
>>
>>380073497
DESU you could just say Tunnelers went the way of the Wannamingo or something, they're too stupid powerful and breed to fast for the setting to hold them
It'd be like dropping the Tyranids in modern warfare
>>
Tunneler kaiju wrecking Shady Sands
Yes, no?
Fallout kaijus in general?
>>
>>380091691
>Fallout kaijus in general?
far harbor toyed around with it a bit. I kinda liked it.
>>
>>380069072
NO GODS
NO MASTERS
>>
I'd like to see how the Legion taking ideas and structures from the NCR would look like.
Also, does anyone know of architecture in the post apocalyptic world? Or is it too soon to start building actual edification?
>>
>>380091691
As long as it's not simply a Godzilla rip-off.
Is there a place in a 50s Americana setting for a giant sandworm?
>>
File: 09bgJC5.jpg (494KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
09bgJC5.jpg
494KB, 1024x768px
>>380070365
>NCR>CEASAR
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.