[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Vidya stuff that infuriates you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

When indie developers call their game either "XCOM" or "Dark Souls" inspired just as an excuse for unfair game mechanics

>pic related
>Have to make a Player Character
>Zombies will straight up ignore party members in order to get to Player Character
>If Player Character dies it's game over
>>
>>380060490

Play State of Decay.
It adresses exactly those points of criticism.

The deaths in state of decay are permanent, you lose that particular character and switch to another in your party
the game is great. try it.
>>
>>380060490
>When people can't git gud and blame the mechanics
>>
File: 1473116513931.jpg (1MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1473116513931.jpg
1MB, 4928x3264px
>XCOM or Dark Souls
>Unfair game mechanics

What's it like being so incredibly bad at video games?
>>
>>380060735
i have when I was over at a friend's house a few years ago, was pretty good
>>380061125
I never said that XCOM or Dark Souls were unfair, I just said that indie games that claim to be "XCOM" or "Dark Souls" *inspired* used unfair game mechanics and just claimed that "it's just like xcom/dark souls difficulty :^)"
>>
how is dead state? I think I missed that one
>>
>>380060490
I think I understand. They'll say "it's inspired by dark souls! because damage is high and animations are slow and there's stamina!"

But no indie dev is gonna put the effort into hitboxes like Souls do so enemies just have a canned animation that arbitrarily spawns a hitbox in front of them which is very inconsistent to what you're actually seeing, and they don't understand proper enemy behaviour or placement so it's enemies that just run up to you and attack and don't respond properly to taking damage. Or shit like enemy hitbox occurs immediately upon initiating an attack while the player hitbox comes out late, despite the animation being the same.

I've not played any big name games that do this but lots of unity asset flip "ching chong's first unity game" garbage do shit like this.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.