[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else a bit bummed no new Doom beyond that VR bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: 1496265411034.jpg (640KB, 1739x1275px) Image search: [Google]
1496265411034.jpg
640KB, 1739x1275px
Anyone else a bit bummed no new Doom beyond that VR bullshit that looked like fucking Jurassic Park Trespasser?
>>
yeah, kind of wish we got a old blood scenario but we'll get something more complete next year or after so whatever
>>
File: 311160-trespasser_02health.jpg (18KB, 640x323px) Image search: [Google]
311160-trespasser_02health.jpg
18KB, 640x323px
>>380059872

>Never being able to stare at your health bar tits in VR.
>>
Nah I didn't care or expect a new one. Doom vr teleporting around was just terrible looking.

I just want to know more about the Dishonored thing since I'm a big fan. Why and how the fuck did she turn into Adam Jensen? You better be able to play as old man Daud too.
>>
I'm sure there'll be a new one eventually, but one right now would be silly
>>
>>380059872
There looked to be a bunch of DOOM flavor in the new Wolfenstein gameplay

not at all bummed

Last thing I want is a rushed sequel to GOTY
>>
>>380059872
Hopefully we'll get DOOM 2 next year.
>>
>>380059872
what i don't get is that you get just jumps in doom vr but full movement in fallout 4 VR ?
>>
Doom at any pace slower than Doom is not worth playing. VR will only hinder it.
>>
>>380059872
They could just draw the helmet around the HUD and add some lines to prevent VR sickness. Sure, it would be slower than normal Doom, but I still prefer slower movement to no movement.
>>
>>380061646
i don't think it's going to cut it motion sickness is cause by opposed information
your eye see you moving but your body doesn't feel anything hence the sickness
>>
>>380059872
I wasn't expecting any DOOM since it was leaked months ago that Id's next game was Wolfenstein TNC. Figured they were going to be rotating between Wolfenstein and Doom, and looks like I was right. It's a shame, though, that they put so much emphasis on DOOM's multiplayer, otherwise we might have been able to have an expansion similar to The Old Blood, or something. Hopefully they leave multiplayer to Quake, and just focus on singleplayer content for the next one.
>>
>>380059872
A little, but Wolfenstein made up for it. Honestly I'm just glad the genre is evolving past the fucking tacticool shit it was stuck in for like 6 years.
>>
>>380059872
HOLY SHIT WE CAN SEE THE FACE OF NUDOOM
>>
Wolfenstein is not id
>>
File: qweryyu.png (370KB, 803x414px) Image search: [Google]
qweryyu.png
370KB, 803x414px
>>380062665
Thanks for your input, Harry.
>>
>teleporting

What the fuck is wrong with these faggots that they'd forget about the way people have been moving in games since almost the very start?
>>
>>380064409
How do you implement normal movement in VR then? Do you honestly think VR devs haven't thought of that before? That they genuinely believe the shitty teleportation to be objectively better? Are you retarded?
>>
>>380064409
classic movement in VR give you really bad motion sickness
>>
why is it called vfr?

what does the f stand for?
>>
nope, id is a small studio, let them take their time
>>
File: 1497109280144.png (80KB, 686x686px) Image search: [Google]
1497109280144.png
80KB, 686x686px
>>380064650
>How do you implement normal movement in VR then?

Are you fucking retarded?

Are you ready for this? You take the control stick and...

You should probably sit down for this.

Get ready.

You take the control stick.

Shhh anon shh

The control stick, and then you program it to..

Woah hold up anon, settle down now. Don't want to hurt yourself on these revelations.

You take the control stick. And you program it to..

Ready for it anon?

You program it to move, like in literally every single FPS ever made.

Wow holy shit anon, no need to thank me.

>>380064678
Not to me it doesn't. Maybe those people who feel motion sickness should stop being so pathetic. I don't know why they fucking feel that teleportation somehow makes it feel less shit for them, but I guess retards are retarded.
>>
>>380059872
I'm not quite sure why they spent this long making a VR thing that looks worse than the Doom 3 one.
>>
>>380061861
Nah, it's been pretty well established that having a static reference point reduces VR sickness a lot.

Driving and Space combat sims for instance are completely fine.
>>
>>380065296
>t. poorfag that doesn't actually own a VR system

Way to out yourself. Anyway, traditional movement any faster than a slow jog will give motion sickness to 80%+ of people in VR. Now you know, dumbass.
>>
>>380065564
hum yeah true i didn't felt anything even after 20 min on project cars now that i think of it
>>
>>380065785
I guess I'm the one percent.

Feels pretty good.

You may as well kill yourself now and never have children because I guess that's the fastest way we're ever going to get VR games that aren't retarded.
>>
>>380065785
Then why even bother porting over a game about fast and making it nothing more than a shooting gallery?
>>
>>380066004
on what game shave you test you antimotion sickness abilities exactly because every vr game i played was either racing/space sim or had the teleportation stuff
>>
File: 1483492799053.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483492799053.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>380065785
It's like watching a basement dweller who got on a boat once, got sea sickness, and now goes on to say that boats will give motion sickness to 80%+ of people and that because of that, nobody should ever get on a boat, and that no boats should be made.
>>
>>380066398
How does a racing game work but running around doesn't? If they can't get actually walking around to work than VR is pointless.
>>
>>380066398
Alien: Isolation, and HL2.
>>
>>380066685
>Alien: Isolation

Which was pretty good for babbys first VR, but had many issues that weren't really tied to motionsickness from merely moving around.
>>
>>380066685
i will try them out thanks
>>380066661
when racing you have a pretty big static object just in front and it helps apparently
not for racing games and space sim :^)
>>
>>380059872
I didn't think there'd be any new SP Doom stuff, expansion or sequel, but I was hoping for his reveal in Quake Champions. Got BJ, at least.
>>
>>380067338
i never got around playing that fucking game because of their fucking garbage launcher
>>
>>380066535
Or not like that at all. Are you a god damned moron?

Do you think every game dev just decided to do teleportation because they thought it was fun? Trust me, they're not all subhuman mongoloids like you.
>>
>>380068357
>Do you think every game dev just decided to do teleportation because they thought it was fun?

I think they did it to appease retards like you, because your deficiencies are clearly in the majority. And the majority is where the money is.
>>
>>380059872
You impatient fuck, the game just came out last year and Bethesda is doing the great model of not showing shit unless it's coming out in the current.
>>
Doom vFr was one of the best laughs ive had in ages.
>>
>>380061424
this is what I was thinking. teleporting in particular looked like it doesn't fit the combat
>>
>>380065785
windlands would like to say hello
>>
I love the way you cant even move around freely and are stuck in one spot just shooting your guns then aiming for a new spot to stand and teleporting there it looks mindblowing cant wait to experience doom vfr in vr
>>
File: 1490055884697.png (202KB, 635x541px) Image search: [Google]
1490055884697.png
202KB, 635x541px
>>380065785
If this guy is a troll, well done because I'm a little mad.
>>
Any game with teleporting is dead on arrival as far as I'm concerned. Traditional movement or nothing, Vr motion sickness is a bunch of bullshit and people who get it need to get over it so we can get better games. Because teleporting shooting galleries are fucking garbage.
>>
Doom vfr is like if doomguy has no legs or is on crutches its not doom it should be called fag not doom
>>
>>380070083

He is right though.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (79KB, 770x538px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
79KB, 770x538px
This... is the power... of DOOM......whoa....rib and tears...........
>>
>>380061887
>I wasn't expecting any DOOM since it was leaked months ago that Id's next game was Wolfenstein TNC
The new Wolfenstein games aren't made by id, they're made by MachineGames. They just use the idtech engine, seems like they might've upgraded to idTech6 for TNC.

What should have tipped you off that new DOOM content wasn't coming was the various interviews the devs have done where they outright stated they're not working on expansions for DOOM 2016.
>>
File: 1.jpg (74KB, 400x624px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
74KB, 400x624px
>all these vr sour grapes

I wasn't losing my mind during the Bethesda conference, but I'm excited for some AAA games to come to vr.
>>
>>380067665
>because of their fucking garbage launcher
It's worth it, but I feel you. Hopefully they integrate with Steam as well for the full release.
>>
For people interested in explanations for why they didn't go with full locomotion for Doom VR straight from id's mouth, here are some interviews from 2016 with Marty Stratton:

https://youtu.be/f-glrM6SdvQ?t=1m36s
(Starts talking about VR at 1:36)
https://youtu.be/dLsZHn6pkko?t=31s

There are more out there if you go looking but it mostly boils down to avoiding motion sickness and jarring movement caused by the pace of the gameplay.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.