[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /v/ feel about payed mods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: payedmods.png (27KB, 802x113px) Image search: [Google]
payedmods.png
27KB, 802x113px
How does /v/ feel about payed mods?
>>
File: beter.png (735KB, 844x633px) Image search: [Google]
beter.png
735KB, 844x633px
>>380055615
>>
>>380055615
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole.

I am really excited. He cannot be allowed to have the nuclear codes.
>>
>>380055615
Like 90% sure that guy posts on /v/.
>>
>>380055615
if bethesda or valve truly cared about the modding community, they'd try to streamline a donation system. NOT try and profit off something they haven't even made themselves.
>>
>>380055615
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/paid-payed/
>>
Everything is worth what people are willing to pay.

I think /v/ just likes free shit, which is understandable, but these people work hard to make these mods for you, and they deserve recognition for the effort they put into it.
>>
File: 1484452103189.jpg (2KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
1484452103189.jpg
2KB, 125x118px
>>380055976
>these people work hard to make these mods

lmao
>>
>>380056603
Yeah? How many mods have YOU made?
>>
>>380057268
I've made 4 for my own use and never uploaded them because they were fairly niche. modding is not "hard work" at all. maybe those super huge basically DLC mods, but those are extremely rare and often shit anyways.
>>
>>380057497
Those are the mods we're talking about here. It's all about the free market setting prices. If you don't think a mod is worth a certain price, then don't buy it. If enough people feel the same way, then the developers will lower the price.
>>
>>380057658
Todd?
>>
>>380055615
At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole.

I am really excited. And we can't let him get his hands on the nuclear codes.
>>
>>380055615
*paid
>>
>>380055615

How about not having mods at all?
>>
>>380055901
I'm 90% sure that guy is OP, like honestly, who the fuck misspells 'paid'?
>>
>Russian key sites
Do you really fuck the developers by doing this? My friend usually does this because he says it's cheaper.
>>
>I hate the content still being produced but still consume the content

How much of a fucking cuck can you be?

>I hate this restaurant's food, but I'm going to shuffle around the dumpster out back and keep eating it for free out of spite!
>>
>>380058030
no one would buy Bethesda games again.
>>
>>380058141
How do you think they get those keys? Anyway, it depends on the publisher how much you're fucking over the dev specifically, but you're definitely fucking over the publisher
>>
>>380058419
I honestly don't know, is it those Russian hackers I have heard so much about?
>>
>>380058581
Those grey market sites are key resellers so you're most likely buying keys just straight-up stolen or acquired with credit card fraud
>>
>>380055615
It depends on what they allow for the Creators Club. From what they've shown, it only consists of weapon packs and special player clothing, which I really don't give a shit about. If it's an expansion, and Bethesda helped out by making it seamless with the rest of the world while bringing back or supplying VA's for the NPC's involved? Great, as long as the creator gets his fair share of pay and publicity. It's going to be more about how they handle mods that fix or change gameplay or visuals that will matter the most.
>>
>>380057658
>Those are the mods we're talking about here
The shit they've shown us so far is bottom of the barrel cosmetic shit, and they're STILL making it cost money.
>>
newfaggots and underage people defend the idea of paid mods

everyone that likes a free internet and is older than 18 years hates the idea
>>
>>380055615
that you, and every other stupid motherfucker, should learn that it is spelled "paid".
>>
Skyrim and FO4 are shit and people using mods so they have at least some play value are retarded
>>
>>380059386

Couldn't agree more
>>
File: tokyo goo'd.png (280KB, 655x554px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo goo'd.png
280KB, 655x554px
>>380055615
>payed
>>
>>380059386
The polished turd analogy is correct. No matter how many mods you install, you will eventually encounter some aspect that will remind you that you are in fact playing "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim".
>>
>>380055615

I am really excited.
>>
>>380055976
>but these people work hard to make these mods for you
If they start feeling about modding more as a work than a hobby and something done for passion, then maybe its time they get an actual job at the industry?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.