[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was vidya kino. Who else hyped for the sequel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36KB, 460x215px
This was vidya kino. Who else hyped for the sequel?
>>
I sure am
>>
What is kino?
>>
The original was a flawed gem. It was a fun survival horror/action game that really shined with the crossbow mechanics. It was WAY too long though, I stopped having fun about 2/3 of the way through.
>>
File: 1400556251805.jpg (119KB, 832x668px) Image search: [Google]
1400556251805.jpg
119KB, 832x668px
>>380046823
>The Evil Within is better than any RE game
>still hated here

Explain
>>
Was the first good? I heard mixed stuff. That trailer was great though.

>>380047159
a /tv/ meme that they spout about literally everything.
I'd guess that half the posts on that board includes the word.
>>
I just got the original on sale the other day and I've been enjoying it a lot, reminds me of re4 mixed in with some silent hill. Voice acting is pretty terrible, hopefully they get better people this time around.
>>
>>380047321
Couldn't decide what it was trying to be. A stealth game. A survival horror. Run and gun. It had no idea when you moved from level to level.

Plot didn't suck either, but was a little jumbly.
>>
>>380047470

It was good. Far from perfect but good.
It plays like a psychedelic RE4, with moments of greatness alternating with moments of clumsiness and some rythm problems.
>>
>>380046823
It was fucking garbage. I never appreciated how much I hated it until I attempted a second playthrough years later
>>
>>380047825
Forgot to mention, some of the worst aiming for guns in existence.
>>
>>380047159
Some lame term given to games that are cinematic and shit
>>
>>380046823
Considering it releases in October, I'm surprised they didn't show more of it.
They should of shaved off some of the crap (which they had a lot of in the conference) to actually show the game I think.
>>
File: 1476296111791.jpg (79KB, 784x643px) Image search: [Google]
1476296111791.jpg
79KB, 784x643px
>>380046823
>kino
Kill yourself, retarded soulsnigger
>>
>>380047209
>It was WAY too long though
>10 hour game

KYS
>>
>>380047470
I really wanted to like TEW but IMO it was a clumsy mess that was all over the map with what kind of game it wanted to be and it really suffered for it. The stealth system works sometimes but it's mostly pure jank and the game tries to make it feel like you're always low on ammo but even without the pre-order stuff you can mow everything down with proper crossbow use because the game is full of traps that are not going to catch anyone with more brain cells than teeth. TEW starts strong and stays that way until some time in the catacombs and then it started falling apart until it was a chore to play.
>>
I really liked The Evil Within and if the sequel is just more of the same but prettier i'd be happy.
>>
>>380047470
If you never played RE4 and love Bethesda games then it's good.
But for fans of survival horror it was a stale as shit copy cat of RE4, it was advertised as a spiritual sequel not a fucking copy paste of the same shit to the point where even the animations of looting cabinets looked exactly the same.
Story was at first interesting but went completely stale and generic just in the middle.
As for gameplay, it was not that great.
Imagine dumbed down RE4 but with bethesda quality """stealth""" and few MODERN GAMING memes like The Last of Us crafting.
And last which is for me the most important in survival horror are the enemies and soundtrack, both terrible in it.
Game had few generic looking enemies to Silent Hill wannabe designs, it just fails badly and as for soundtrack, I don't even remember if it had any songs except for Clair De Lune being played everywhere.
>>
Love this game
>>
>>380050945
I beat RE4 and still liked The Evil Within.

Also Bethesda had nothing to do with the development.
>>
>>380046823
The story was really bad and it tallied off at the end, but the atmosphere itself was really great and the setpieces were exciting
>>
>>380050945
Idiot
>>380052924
Story is great
>>
>>380053178
We are discussing the game little boy, feel free to leave your opinion, typing "idiot" adds nothing to the discussion.
>>
>>380046823
It was the opposite of kino. Dumb action game that used loosely some Silent Hill paraphernalia without understanding why.

RE4 was an awful horror game and a great action one.
TEW is an awful horror game and an awful action game.

Its no better than shit like TLOU. The creators think sticking wires and nails to everything makes it an horror experience.
>>
>>380053178
>Receive a well made argument, something rare around here
>calls him idiot

Nah, you are the idiot. You were just told. Its as a horror game as TH4F and Dishonored are to Stealth games.
>>
>kino
How have to go back, redditor
>>
>>380053178
The story starts off strong but by the time you traverse the city it's extremely disinteresting. The game doesn't end on a cliffhanger as much as it just comes to a screeching halt.

Honestly, I would have preferred Ruvik to have been working on his own as a mad scientist, rather than with not-umbrella (evil mysterious inc. is beyond cliched)
>>
dat box art
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.