[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burnout Paradise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: p1_50226150821380.jpg (234KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
p1_50226150821380.jpg
234KB, 1680x1050px
I've been reading through older forum threads and I got the feeling that this game wasn't that loved by fans. I've never played any Burnout games, and, 15hr in, I'm having a blast.

Is it because I haven't played other games in the series? Or 15hr is not that long, and it well get old fast? The only other openworld racing games I played were Midtown Madness 2 and NFSU2, and I loved them.
>>
It's the best Burnout game. I thought that was pretty well agreed?
>>
>>380040142
No that’s Burnout 3
>>
>>380039923
I think it lost some people when they noticed the vast amount of content hidden behind paywalls.
Just my take on it
>>
people sperged out because the races weren't railroaded and they got lost
>>
>>380039923
It's because you haven't played the others, but Paradise IMO is an excellent game.
>>
>>380039923
The "freeroaming" crap slows it down. I just want to get into a race or takedown event or whatever straight away. Menu is much better. Also, no crash mode.
>>
>>380039923
I always felt that courses in Burnout Paradise were very similar due to all of them taking place in the same city. So many really broad roads, and I never felt like the traffic density was very interesting. And taking what would normally be a menu and spreading it across an open world was also a drag.

OG Burnout is still my favourite. Fuckin' running those marathon courses on survival, that's some shit baby.
>>
I got it on PS3 and the sound doesn't work.

no patch to fixed it, delet/reinstall doesn't work. i'm not playing a fucking game without the sound.
>>
>>380040479
The freeroaming often prevents actual racing at all, because the best route is far away from where the AI will drive. Open world means there's way too much damn downtime where you aren't clashing with other racers, which is shitty as hell for a series that used to pride itself on providing constant tension to the players THROUGH THE PRIMARY MECHANIC OF RAMMING.
Ignoring the fact it's called Burnout it's still mediocre as an open world game. The races often are often literally just selecting a point on the map and having you drive there, which is the laziest way to design a race possible, an intern could have gone in the day before release and made all those races by just plopping a start flag somewhere and a finish flag somewhere else. The game world and events available are boring and pale in comparison to NFW Most Wanted/Underground or Midnight Club (in those games I'd actually see more clashing and ramming in races, in this it's only in race modes made for crashing othr drivers), there is too much openness and not enough complexity. This isn't just bad as an open world game but the openness of so many roads also makes it boring from a Burnout perspective.
I cannot understand how anyone actually thinks this shit deserves praise.
>>
Burnout 2 or 3 cant recall which was the best racing game ive ever played
>>
>>380039923
Paradise was shit, 2 and 3 were the best. Paradise basically ended the series.
>>
>>380042618
>I cannot understand how anyone actually thinks this shit deserves praise.
Not praise per se, but allow me to adress some of your points and explain why I like the game so far (as I've stated in the OP, I haven't played other titles).

>The freeroaming often prevents actual racing at all, because the best route is far away from where the AI will drive. Open world means there's way too much damn downtime where you aren't clashing with other racers
It seems you are jaded as you have a certain image of "racing", since just plain driving you perceive as "downtime".

>THROUGH THE PRIMARY MECHANIC OF RAMMING.
But there are plenty of other modes in the game where you do exactly that.

>The races often are often literally just selecting a point on the map and having you drive there, which is the laziest way to design a race possible, an intern could have gone in the day before release
But the effort went into designing the city instead; it might have been actually more challenging, since you had to account for numerous possible routes the player would take.

>the openness of so many roads
But this rewards my knowledge of the city! I actually like this, I know Bayview of NFSU2 by heart and I almost never got the chance to utilise that except for outruns.

>makes it boring from a Burnout perspective
Now that I can understand - since I have no experience with other tiles, I evaluate it in isolation.

Don't take my rebuttal as trolling, it is likely I just can't appreciate the franchise for what apparently you and other anons love about it, since I only played Paradise. But even then, I can't comprehend why would anyone just outright call it "shit" >>380044146, >>380042618.
>>
>>380039923
3: Takedown is a fucking masterpiece. Paradise feels slow af and gets boring with its open world bullshit.
I wish we could get it on PC instead of shitty paradise...
>>
>>380044419
>plain driving you perceive as "downtime"
Because it is? There is no fun in just driving down the fastest available route and maybe only seeing another player at the very end of the track when you reconnect onto the established route to hit the end. That's hardly a race and the same concept was done much better in Underground. I'm JADED for wanting fun how does that work?
>plenty of other game modes
And not the absolute funnest thing about Burnout which is actual races, where you discover shortcuts and routes too even though it's linear.
>effort went into designing the city
Which makes it 50% an exploration game, the more you take advantage of shortcuts the less you actually race against other people.
>I haven't played any previous Burnout
Which is why you can't see how they ripped all the good mechanics of Burnout and poorly attempted to shove them into an open world game. The game is just derivative it doesn't offer anything new, it screams cashgrab trying to bank on the open world craze
>>
ITT meme opinions
>>
>>380040142

No, that's Burnout 3: Takedown.
>>
>>380044419
If you've only played paradise, then you honestly have no clue why people hate Paradise compared to the original series. The game isn't burnout, it's just a shitty open world racer that gutted the actual fun point about burnout to get on a fad.

Road Rage is boring, "get a high score of killing 50 ai!"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.