[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everyone has weapons that were never mass produced or made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

>everyone has weapons that were never mass produced or made it off the drawing boards
>aircraft are much faster and bombers literally spawn bombs from thin air
>men can pass within yards of an artillery explosion and take no damage
>a single syringe can save a man from multiple bullet wounds

So this is alright but

>players can choose to play women in multiplayer

This is where you all draw the line?
>>
ok now break all of these down into which ones materially improve the gameplay and which ones don't.
>>
>>380035412

Does the last item materially worsen the gameplay?
>>
File: lawnmowing.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lawnmowing.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Battlefield is only good for doing stupid shit in. It is neither realistic nor balanced
>>
>>380035831
a logical outlook on a game? on my watch?!
>>
NO!!!!!! NOT THE WOMZ!!!!!!!
>>
>>380035270
>gameplay balancing and mechanics
>vs authenticity
fuck off
>>
>>380035270
Why can't I play as a child? The game is kiddophobic.

Also I should be able to play as a tigerkin human
>>
>>380035270
>the woman that fought in ww1 looked enough like men to fight expect for one russian meme division
you would unironically be essentially playing a convincing tranny
>>
>>380035732

yes. there are finite resources and time to be allocated in game development
>>
>>380035270
more child soldiers fought in the war than women
>>
>IT'S THE ICONIC WOMENZ BATALLION!
I really wouldn't care if they weren't pretending that a propaganda stunt that barely saw combat and was disbanded before the war was even over was representative of the Russian military.
>>
>>380036317
Oh fuck off, it is blatantly obvious how butthurt you are over mundane shit.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_feather#World_War_I

Literally an insult.
>>
>>380036435

define "child soldier"
>>
didnt really like any of the last expansion maps which sucks, hopefully these are better
>>
>>380035270
None of it is alright, the game is genuinely disrespectful and ""offensive"".
WWII has been able to get away with action heroism for years because it was depicted that way at the time. WWI is serious and sombre, not a Michael Bay movie.
>>
>>380036667
underage for military service
>>
File: 1494973514937.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494973514937.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>380036509
The fact that you jump to this reveals your initial bias on the matter anon. You're not trying to have a discussion, you just want to fuel your own views. Saged and reported.
>>
Why do we need to play as a woman in a WW1 game? There's no point. It doesn't add anything. It's just a false reskin pandering to a demographic that barely gives a shit about said video game.

neck yourselves
>>
>>380037064

Which is what age?
>>
>>380037086
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_Battalion
>>
>>380037086
>everyone asking why russia wasn't included in the game and instead got black americans in a meme division that in the grand scheme were insignificant
>russian dlc comes out and the focus is another meme division that was insignificant
its kind of like pottery
IT RHYMES
>>
>>380035270
The very first gameplay video of BF1 that I saw showed a flag waving in strong wind, while a thick cloud of mustard gas was being blown in no direction whatsoever.
>>
>>380037356
under 18
>>
>>380037356
anyone below 18 dummy
>>
>>380037081

>biased

How exactly am I biased if I tell you that you are a retard overblowing an "issue" to comedical degrees?
I am generally tired of seeing stupid posts like these, in that regard I may be biased.
You are not having a discusion here either and throwing absolutely lazy "arguments" around.

Also
>>>>>>saged and reported
get out
>>
>>380037086
It does not hurt anyone either and is not necessarily equal to a 5 gig update, why are you mad over someone else wasting his ressources?
>>
>>380036509
This is what we called being BTFO. Kill yourself my man. You obviously lost that arguement and resorted to childish swears o justify your virtue signaling
>>
>>380037919
Okay you play as a woman now what? Is this game better now? Was playing as a woman the core focus of making this game 100% good?

Fuck off
>>
>>380037457
Thats the article that states only 50k women soldiers deployed in the whole of WW1 right?
Wow you really proved a point the jimbo
>>
>>380037457
>a couple thousand out of literally MILLIONS

woah..
>>
>>380037645
>>380037709

Speaking of underage and this muh womyn DLC, there were a large organized group of women doing a very special part in the world wars. The White Feather campaign had women go meet unenlisted young men and guilt them to go fight the war by implying cowardice. This led to many underage men going to throw their lives away in the wars. Should have been called the ironic feather campaign instead.
>>
>>380037775
Then maybe you should stop posting because you DO have a bias and you triggeralla state of mind proves it
>I tell you that you are a retard overblowing an "issue" to comedical degrees?
You did this with you OP too
Just stop. You are making yourself look lile an idiot
>>
game's garbage anyways
>>
>>380038018

I guess when you simply declare that you won an argument it must be like that then. Go and give yourself a celebration wank or something instead of misusing terms like virtue signaling.

>>380038082

What the fuck is your point?
No it is not better or worse, for me atleast.
The funny thing is that you are fucking rabbid over something that does not impact your gameplay experience in the slightest.
Of course it might impact it if you are some fucking autist, if that is the case, I can not help you. Seek proffessional help.
>>
>le games have to be realistic meme

Nah, they just have to be good

Vaginas doesn't make them good
>>
>>380035270

>So this is alright but

No, most of the people who complain about historical accuracy don't play battlefield because they have taste
>>
>>380038376
I am not OP you tremenderous morron.
Does not change the fact that he is right and your autistic screeching will not change it. I do not have to be some fat tumblr landwhale screaming for female representation to see through your bullshit.
Your points are absolutely without any substance, you have not fucking point at all.
>>
>>380038626
But apparently vaginas make them bad?
>>
>Hide contrived controversy marketer threads
>Ignore contrived controversy marketer posts
>Don't respond to contrived controversy marketer posters
>>
>>380035270
>This is where you all draw the line?
You must be new here.
>>
>>380035270
Putting women in the game affects the historical accuracy without improving the gameplay. The other historically inaccurate bullets you have are there for the purpose of making the game more fun to play, whether you think it makes it more fun or not, that's the purpose, its worth it in the developer's eyes to sacrifice accuracy for fun. Putting women in multiplayer sacrifices historical accuracy for.. inclusivity? Diversity? Its just not really worth it.
>>
>>380038950
It's cute you think your points a strong ones just because you are on the """right"""" side of social justice. Curb that autism bub. You don't need to sperg out another paragraph of salt as I wont bother with it
>>
>>380035270
People have been bitching about historically inaccurate weapons since the game was announced idiot.
>>
How about you go fight in a real war if the games aren't real enough for you
>>
>>380039446
The woman in question in OP pic was from a Russian women's battalion that did exist.
>>
>>380038183
It just mentions Russia and only 800 Russian women were deployed in to the front line, 300 of them saw combat and they fought in like one insignificant battle that they lost.
>>
>>380035270
i just don't like that they claim women's battalions are iconic where in fact they didn't accomplish anything of note, performing worse than their male counterparts, and only played a propaganda role
Just like in this game.The propaganda part, I mean, because I bet if anything the female one will somehow be better
>>
>>380040225
>performing worse than their male counterparts

Says who?
>>
>>380040406
biology
>>
>>380040406
Says genetics you fucking stupid bastard.
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/284252-report-6-out-of-7-female-recruits-fail-new-marines-fitness-test-for-combat

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/08/12/female-marine-cant-complete-infantry-officer-course-no-more-women-now-enrolled/88634096/

Hopefully you can stand the taste of bleach because it's what you should start drinking.
>>
>>380038950
what fucking points?
he only said that devs have finite resources, and time is one of them and it's extremely precious one at that, so they shouldn't allocate such a precious resource to some obvious propaganda piece that does nothing, rather than things that could improve gameplay, or add to the gameplay
>>
>>380035270
But I hate all of that anon. What's the point of ww1 if it's not ww1
>>
>>380040014
>The woman in question in OP pic was from a Russian women's battalion that did exist.
1000 women compared to the 10 million men in Russias' army
wow
>>
>>380038610

The only "rabid" one here is you, squealing like a stuck pic on an image forum.
>>
File: grip strength.png (646KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
grip strength.png
646KB, 1050x1050px
>>380040406
Basic human biology. Sure put a female sniper in there, but front line fighting needs strength.
>>
>>380040406
I didn't mean women themselves. though they do perform worse than males on their own, I meant comparing women battalions to male battalions, female ones performed worse, if at all, as many didn't even see combat before they were disbanded before the end of the war
>>
File: 6887121.jpg (13KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
6887121.jpg
13KB, 250x235px
>>380035270
>everyone has weapons that were never mass produced or made it off the drawing boards
>aircraft are much faster and bombers literally spawn bombs from thin air
>men can pass within yards of an artillery explosion and take no damage
>a single syringe can save a man from multiple bullet wounds

These are MECHANICAL concessions that if the user takes time to research, they will realise they are historically inaccurate, but allow for increased variety and smoother gameplay.
They were implemented with the aim of fundamentally improving the gameplay.

This is an AESTHETIC change which is blatantly historically inaccurate and breaks immersion.
It was implemented so that EA/DICE (probably EA) could virtue single and earn some good-boy points with the SJWs.

Yes. This is where we draw the line. Now fuck off troll.
Battlefield 1 was shit anyway.
>>
>>380038626
why say game gonna be historical accuraced at the first place?
oh i know for baiting cashgrab
>>
>>380039087

You're implying the game was good to begin with
>>
>>380041127
this, especially if you consider how physically tasking was life on the frontline in world war 1 and how often it came to close quarters combat, where strength was necessary
>>
>>380041323
You disliked the game from the beginning but started caring about it now?
Complain about this in Verdun but BF has never been more realistic than Call of Duty. BF even looks cartoony now.
>>
>>380038626
not everything has to be realistic, but it doesn't mean everything can/must be unrealistic
You can suspend your disbelief that a certain weapon is performing slightly worse/better or a weapon that was rare is more common due to gameplay purposes, but if suddenly half of soldiers are female, that's a bit too much
>>
The women's regiments of WW1 were use by the Russian provincial government towards the end of their participation in the war to shame men into fighting harder. They were tools for internal propaganda and pretty much incapable of actually putting up a fight.
>>
>no one minds cosmetic dlc
>except when its women in an fps

Just admit youre all sexist as fuck.

I know i am, that's why i buy every single dlc for DOA.
>>
>>380041127
I don't think you want a woman as a scout sniper either. It's not like playing tf2
>>
>>380040729
>>380040925
>>380041127
>>380041135

https://www.armytimes.com/articles/women-in-the-infantry-how-the-army-is-growing-its-first-female-enlisted-grunts

Get fucked, misogynists
>>
>>380035270
The first 4 aren't pushing some bullshit leftist social agenda

Amazing how you couldn't recognise that obvious fact
>>
>>380035270
I just don't understand why they don't allow you to customize your character. Even if it was pretty basic. I'm white and I'd still make my character look like Wesley snipes from demolition man, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>380044197
http://tribunist.com/military/report-army-lowered-standards-for-first-female-infantry-recruits/

Get fucked, roastie.
>>
>>380044197
Cool, now our baby makers can get slaughtered too. How "progressive".
>>
I just laugh at shit like that.

>SUPER ICONIC AND FAMOUS ALL FEMALE BATTALION OF DEATH!!!!
>barely had any soldiers in it
>never took part in any important battles
>never had any major victories
>was disbanded almost right away again because everyone realized that it was pointless
>>
>>380044586
Calm down, it's just marketing. You reading something into it is what they want because then you complain about it. All that matters with AAA is that people talk about your game. And the more you piss people off, the more they talk about it. If everything is fine, there isn't much to talk about. So they use negativity instead.

The only way to make the strategy even better would be to promote all of that agenda-riddled shit while simultaneously developing an uncompromised game that has nothing to do with the promotional material. Preorders are a huge thing so you could just make a good game but market it with controversial shit. Because when people realize it was all lies, it's too late, and those who actually have a problem with that aren't customers anyway.
>>
File: 200% gay.jpg (55KB, 673x664px) Image search: [Google]
200% gay.jpg
55KB, 673x664px
>>380045179
What I would like is this:

-Player can customize their character
-Player can choose to play a female character even if it's historically improbable
-Player can choose to play a black german soldier even though it's historically outright false
-Ingame they can see their character as the unique custom character it is
-Ingame all the other players look like they consist of historically accurate depictions of soldiers
-Ingame other players see your character as a historically accurate depiction.

This way you aren't running around Verdun with a bunch of women and blonde asians. Everything appears to everyone like they're the only truly unique character, and if they're a member of a minority, they're obviously fine with it.
>>
Just bought this on sale and refunded it within 2 hours. Gunplay just doesn't feel tight at all, kinda floaty. Battlefields always had a bit of that to it but felt particularly so. Is it me?

Does star wars battlefront feel the same way?
>>
>>380047118
Battlefront and BF1 are made on the same engine, no doubt with a lot of it carried over. Look at the "Super Soldier" pickups, it's just like spawning as a special character in Battlefront.
>>
>>380036509
It breaks the theme and promotes political ideals. Why change it to women if no women fought in WWI in any real numbers? Why is it good?
>>
>>380035270
So you can play with rare experimental weapons, cool

So you can play as rare experimental people, cool
>>
>>380047715
It allows girls to play the game as girls. If that's a political ideal in your country, then your political system must be pretty strange.
>>
Can someone explain why there needs to be diversity in a WW1 shooter?
>>
>>380048497
If you need women in media to have role models for your female population, then their parents have failed
I don't mind the women, but having black people fighting for countries that had zero of them is just too hamfisted
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.