[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

honest replies only: is this a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 3

File: e06d14cbc32c.png (332KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
e06d14cbc32c.png
332KB, 400x550px
honest replies only: is this a good game?
>>
if you are a steamcuck, yes.
>>
>>380031743
SO SO FAST
>>
>>380031891
what do you mean? i wanted to download repack
>>
honest
>>
>>380031743
Yeah, I actually liked it more than I thought. They said there are multiple ways to go about the game and progress and it was actually true. I later looked up some stuff and saw I had done missions with results that no guide or walkthrough listed.
>>
>>380031743
Yeah it is. I'd recommend it.
There's a demo if you're on the fence.
>>
>>380031743
Its system shock 3 pretty much.
>>
>>380032060
To give some details, usually I consider the multiple ways to solve something a meme where it is kill enemy or sneak past, but here it was satisfying. Like if a door was locked, you could hack the lock, search for a keycard, climb the rafters and enter via the ceiling, find a small window and shoot a dart at a button inside to unlock. Also overall progress too, there was one random side mission to save a guy that popped up. I did it and later he started affected the main story progression.
>>
yes

the ending is a bit anti-climactic and the powers are too strong but it's good
>>
>>380032436
i don't believe you at all. does it have even 10% of SS atmosphere?
>>
Its good apart from the ending
>>
>>380032776
The ending wasn't that bad.
>>
>>380032460
>>380032776
>spoilers
Fuck off
>>
Yeah I liked it overall but the name is absolutely generic and it has sadly nothing to do with the old Prey. The game starts to feel repetetive after some time though. Also I wish they would have added more to the start where you actually see the whole space station intact and can see something of the daily life.
>>
>>380033079
>spoilers AGAIN
>>
>>380033079
Those credits were fun though.
>>
>>380033183
>lets have a game thread where you can't discuss the game

By the way you're in a simulation all the time.
>>
Decent game, bad sound design.
>>
It's okay but gets really meh during the last 20-30% or so.
>>
>>380033183
Who the fuck doesn't know that you're on a fucking space station where things have gone to shit at this point
>>
>>380033653
if sound design is bad then it can't be like System Shock and someone lied itt
>>
>>380032901
>hinted at even at the start of the geimu
>shares traits with things like Prototype and EYE that you should have played long before now
Heck, the one flashback when you're knocked out practically shoves it in your face, in your mouth, only to yank it out of your ass.
>>
>>380031743
Really good but not over 45$ good.
Great start but loses focus at end.

Take it if you like Deus Ex/System Shock.
>>
>>380034473
I never played those games or their kind and only played this on a whim and really enjoyed it. How much better would I like those games? Any others?
>>
>>380033993
It's System Shock 2-ish in design and picks up some surface level elements of atmosphere from Half Life and System Shock, but the sound design is just mediocre to bad. It was WAY worse pre-release, but now it's only going to bug you if you're the kind of person who pays attention to stuff like audio levels, appropriate sfx, proper use of music/ambiance for mood, etc.
>>
>>380032580
Gameplay wise it IS System Shock 3.
It has a different atmosphere, but still a good and amazing atmosphere.

Just fucking pirate and buy it if you like it geez.

All I can say is that since I finished SS2, I have been waiting for this game. Only this game filled the hole SS2 left in me.

Btw, that hole a turn in it, an it is the bioshock games.
>>
>>380034653
If you did not play original Deus Ex then fill that gap immediately.
System Shock 2 with update mods if you like DX.
System Shock 1 is way to oldshool for today kids.

Then play Bioshock 1/2, new Deus Ex HR/MD or Prey.
>>
>>380034862
Funny. I love the sound effects even being as repetitive as were.
>>
>>380031743
No.
>>
>>380034653
It depends on how open you are to early 3D game design.

System Shock 1 is awesome, but only if you're willing to plunge back in time. Dues Ex is archaic, but offers tons of content and options. SS2 is like Half Life 2 in that it was a stepping stone into modern game design.

https://youtu.be/CGKidgwcalM
Like seriously, look into these games before you try them, they can be a bit intimidating to a modern mindset.
>>
>All these dense faggots who didn't understand the ending
As expected. This is why games are stupid, because the people playing them are

>>380031743
Yes
>>
File: shodan.jpg (59KB, 369x341px) Image search: [Google]
shodan.jpg
59KB, 369x341px
I love System Shock classic, would I enjoy this game? Is the game full of hand holding and other casual shit modern games are guilty of?
>>
>>380035391
Also, ignore the DOS farts, this is what the game normally sounds like.
https://youtu.be/d-3u9vO9UUE
>>
>>380031743
No. Combat mechanics are bad.
Atmosphere is bad.
Upgrade system is bad.
Weapons are lackluster.
Enemy variety is bad.
Voice acting is bad.
Only good thing is just how broken it is, so it can be beaten in around 8 minutes if you want.

Not even worth a pirate.
>>
>>380035487
>didn't understand the ending
What's to understand?
>>
>>380035632
too late, i downloaded this shit because most of replies here were positive. time to check it myself. i'm sure i will be disappointed 99%
>>
>>380035594
Less than you'd expect, more than you'd hope. If it was old school design /v/ would be praising the shit out of it instead of being mixed. Instead it's just more open than usual and competent.
>>
>>380031743
no
>>
>>380035618
Well that music is much better. That first one was like kazoo level goofy.
>>
>>380031743
it ll be one of the first games i ll buy after i upgrade my gfx card,

>nier
>ac unity
>prey
>witcher 3
omg i cant wait.
>>
>>380035912
this is my favorite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIUgojwub9U
>>
>>380035735
First you tell me what you make of the ending
>>
>>380035632
>No. Combat mechanics are bad.
I keep dying mom!
>Atmosphere is bad.
WTF shit graphics, look at the enemies they are all blurry XD
>Upgrade system is bad.
Do you expect ME to think about what suits better my playstyle??
>Weapons are lackluster.
Where is my Twitch skin weapons with meme mods?
>Enemy variety is bad.
UGGHH why i keep dying from the same guy in different ways? MOOOOOOOOOM
>Voice acting is bad.
Where are my japanese screams????
>Only good thing is just how broken it is, so it can be beaten in around 8 minutes if you want.
I finished the NEW doraemon game in 10 seconds by saying "No" at the begining of he game. I'm such a hardcore gamer XD
>>
>>380035632
Not even going to disagree with this (It describes almost all of Arkane's games), but the one thing the game has going for it is above-par level design.
>>
>>380035391
Ah the good ol asthtic that was also used in X-com
SS1 was way too much into dark-RPG territory tho.
SS2 felt more like a horror.
>>
>>380035632
All around better than Bioshock then
>>
>>380036067
>>380035912
I know I'm responding to a shill shilling a shill but don't kid yourselves, Prey is somehow no where near the masterpiece System Shock 2 was and why even have any horror elements if the game isn't at all difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bL7I_eWryI
>>
File: 1488997588623.jpg (74KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488997588623.jpg
74KB, 720x720px
>>380036194
>Not even going to disagree with myself
What did anon mean with this
>>
>>380036446
I bet you played SS2 in your teens.
>>
>>380036446
i don't understand why you replied to me. i just posted my favotire ss1 music track
>>
>>380036149
That's some impressive Zenimax cocksucking there, anon! How much is Robert Altman paying you?
>>380036194
I really do wish is was good. I don't get any pleasure from games being bad. The game is Wasted Potential: The Game, thanks to meddling on the part of Zenimax. It should never hav been called Prey, it should never have been mentioned in the same breath as System Shock, and it should have been allowed to be its own game rather than the dissonant set of ideas it turned out to be.
>>
>>380036071
They put human neuromods into a typhon and put it in a simulation to run tests and study the typhon due to the destruction of Earth by the typhon. Pretty straight forward.
>>
wow i started this game and i can't even turn off the motion blur off. SO THIS IS THE POWER OF GAMING 2017
>>
>>380031743
It's good up until the last 20% of the game at which point it falls apart in both story and gameplay and you feel like you wasted your time
>>
>>380036725
>It should never hav been called Prey
OOOOOOOHHH WAIT, you are one of those butthurt alien indian lovers that are focusing their anger and frustration on a game that has nothing to do with it.

That explains everything.
>>
>>380036470
>Only a samefag can dislike Arkane!
Shut up.
I wasn't expecting to like the game at all, so decent level design was a nice surprise.
>>
>>380036835
LOL check out this guys.
>>
the first NPC i met is an indian or arab woman with thick accent. HAHAHAHAHA OK. uninstalling
>>
>>380037324
>"The name is nonindicative and sets up misleading expectations."
>"WOW FANBOI"

Do you get paid to act stupid?
>>
>>380037574
you forgot
>doing a low wage job

This damn SJW!
>>
>>380037637
>sets up misleading expectations
That it's true.
It ended up being way better.
>>
>>380037324
No. It shouldn't have been called Prey because selling the game on an old IP is a crutch that publishers use to distract attention away from the fact that the game doesn't hold up on its own merrits.
had it been a new IP, maybe Arkane would have been allowed to polish the game up, give it its own distinct feeling instead of just trading off an old, mishandled series.
>>
>>380036835
>Pretty straight forward.
And yet you didn't even describe it accurately.
Earth is fucked, they're not studying anything anymore, Alex is trying to make a typhon understand humans to unfuck Earth. Everything you do in-game is representative of that. If you go on a murderous spree, you get deemed a failure and killed. If you escape using Alex's pod, you get deemed a failure and killed. Reason Morgan doesn't talk is because he can't since he's a fucking typhon in a simulation. There's some proof that January isn't even "real" but a program made by Alex since no logs mention it apart from the video and it only ever interacts with other operators.
For a pretty straightforward game, you sure do miss clues, foreshadowing and the entire end-game dialogue that says "it probably thinks it was dreaming, that none of it mattered"
You stupid fucking cunt
>>
i don't even know why do i bother installing modern shitgames. thanks for tricking me again neo-/v/
>>
>>380037574
It's Transtar Corp. They have diversity quota like any big corporation.
>>
>>380037945
>it only ever interacts with other operators.
Both Igwe and your girlfriend have conversations with January.
>>
>>380037908
I can't hear you over the sound of how much I liked the game and how much you disliked it

Too bad I'm the one enjoying positive feelings while your writhe in /v/ : ^)
>>
>>380038164
Both Igwe and Mikhaila are operators
>>
>>380037945
You literally said nothing different from my post accept going into extra details.
>>
>>380038164
They are also operators anon....
>>
>>380038282
You literally admitted to being a dense retard
>>
>>380038362
You have 0 points about the ending. You are just repeating things with more words and then shouting see how smart the ending is.
>>
Ok but, WHO THE FUCK IS DECEMBER AND WHAT IS ITS FUCKING PURPOSE????
>>
>>380037945
So you're saying it was all just a dream? Wow so interesting.
>>
>>380038520
Keep going, retard. You're already past the point of self-reflection
>>
>>380038520
This

I'm not even going to look at the game because
>>380037945
Is a massive cunt.
>>
>>380031743
yes
>>
>>380038663
And you couldn't even hold your attempt to make a point against scrutiny and now are just shouting schoolyard insults.
>>
>>380038921
>scrutiny
Is that what you call
>hurr u no argument 2deep4me
Keep going, i got all day
>>
>>380038520
>yeah inception is about a guy that sleeps
>>
It was an enjoyable immersive sim type game, you could tell they'd cut out some of the more 'hardcore' features but i wasn't too bothered by that. If you're the kind of person that likes stealing from every drawer/desk/whatever and hacking every computer and reading every email, it's probably your type of game.
>>
Yep. Very good.
It has a lot of flaws, but at core and design philosophy it's extremely good, and there is rather amazing amount of care, work and passion on display.

The main story is mostly just very average, and the final twist is flat out bad, characters in general are not amazing, there is a lot of balance issues with certain builds really taking a lot of the challenge out of the game, the hacking minigame is absolute ass and there are still quite a few non-game-breaking bugs on display.

But the core gameplay is great, the level and envionmental design is some of the best I've seen since games like Thief (the original ones), it encourages and rewards creativity (at time even a little TOO much, hence the balance issues) and there is quite a lot of content and solid length to the game. Even the replay value is not bad, and there is a lot of fun - similarly to Dishonored - in additional self-imposed challenges.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.