[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /v/'s opinion on the Evil Within series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

File: 1413664551726.webm (729KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1413664551726.webm
729KB, 960x540px
What is /v/'s opinion on the Evil Within series?
>>
Underrated gem held back by being a bit janky.

People who complain about the story are fucking retarded and I honestly don't know what the fuck they went in expecting from a Mikami game.
>>
Don't really care about it, have only played the demo of the first one tho
>>
It's fine. Not great but not even close to terrible.

It certainly doesn't have worse gameplay than RE4, those nostalgiafags can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>380031351
Solid game totally misrepresented by marketing and even its demo.
>>
>>380031351
Very enjoyable. I hope the second game is as good or better.
>>
File: khajiit laughing_face.jpg (97KB, 585x591px) Image search: [Google]
khajiit laughing_face.jpg
97KB, 585x591px
>>380031351
>mfw there were people who burned every enemy they killed and complained about lack of everything in the game
>>
File: 1474488341301.jpg (70KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
1474488341301.jpg
70KB, 600x799px
Brilliant masterpiece
>>
>>380031351
I like my games 25 fps. Game was poorly optimized so it kinda suck ass. Hopefully the sequel should be better since it's not bound by last gen systems

>Mikami wasn't really into making it until halfway through the dev process

Let's hope he puts 100% effort from the start.
>>
It was alright. Plot was retarded and the city section was boring.

>>380031924

Wasn't that the point? Either headshot or burn to kill them quick?
>>
Absolutely hated it
>>
>>380032167
Technical problems were patched on PC, black bar removal included.
>>
Great start at the village, good at creating a tense atmosphere only to go down starting from Chapter 5 as the game gets too action oriented. Ruvik's home (chapter 11 i guess) was going back to the initial setting but wasn't enough to save it.

If they make the gameplay better in a similar way with Dead Space games (1st then 2nd) i'll be sold but they really need to not succumb to action. RE4 has the same mistake
>>
>>380031351

Honestly found it to be very bland.
>>
>that falling down the hallway, landing and rolling into normal gravity
>they used it for the new trailer

On the one hand, it looks really cool.
On the other hand, it seems like they're running out of ideas.
>>
>>380031351
Meh.

At first I hated it, but once I stopped trying to look at it as a horror game and instead as a shoot-em up I enjoyed it a lot more.

The DLC was pretty good, but felt more like the real ending with all the information in it. And then the last DLC did the weird "YOU'RE THE BOSS NOW" thing and I found it forgettable.
>>
>>380032240
Guess I'll play it again before sequel gets dropped
>>
DLC for any game is Cancer
>>
>>380031351
I avoided it cause I heard the port was so terrible it fried computers.
>>
HOt sweaty garbage
>>
>>380032243
I'd appreciate it if the whole game would be more like the village section, where you get room todo your own thing and choose to be sneaky, or risk going all in
>>
File: 20160730111400_1.jpg (527KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160730111400_1.jpg
527KB, 1920x1080px
>>380031351

pretty great game, my only real complaint is its annoying habit of starving you of ammo and then throwing you into unavoidable combat heavy situations.
>>
>>380031351

Solid 7/10. 8/10 if you want to play a game with a lot of gore in it.

Only real problems is the engine can be wonky on PC and the performance can vary wildly. GTX 980 should be able to handle it nicely enough though. Otherwise PC version is better because you can disable the movie-captions and its less buggy overall.
>>
>>380031351

Liked the first couple of hours, then i started getting bored.
>>
The game transitioned pretty hard and I'd say not very gracefully from survival/stealth to third person shooter a few hours in
>>
>>380031351
The first one is a worse Resident Evil 4. The gunplay is smoother, but the design is way worse.

Not sure why we're getting a sequel.
>>
>>380032243
Island was a BIT too action, but otherwise 4's progression was great.
>>
>>380033729

It goes back and forth all the time. You still do survival/stealth stuff as late as last few hours in the game.
>>
>>380034614
what do you mean? the gas chamber? because that's literally the only point in the game where you use stealth after entering the city level. Maybe that one time in the sewers, but there you gotta be a pretty good at sniping.
>>
The bossfight in the carpark was really shit.
>>
>>380031351
SJW garbage
>>
>>380034883

>because that's literally the only point in the game where you use stealth after entering the city level.

You forgot the whole part in the apartments where Safe Head comes back. And its a good example of "constant back and forth" because that section of the game starts immediatly after a Medal of Honor-esque MG turret section.
>>
>>380031351
Decent RE clone. Not very good, not bad.
>>
>>380034940
It was surprisingly doable after dying 89 times trying
>>
File: Black Panther Abridged.gif (815KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
Black Panther Abridged.gif
815KB, 350x197px
>>380031351
>it's all in your head twist

No thank you.
>>
>>380031924
I only burned enemies I didn't trust lying on the ground.. Or those that actually creeped me out.

Burning everything is a waste.
>>
>>380033417
On my second replay I had JUST the right amount of ammo. But I was playing very conservatively, trying to stealth when possible, using the bolts more often, leading them into traps.

The mechanic that wasn't well explained is burning bodies - you can kill one "zombie", then lead others onto the corpse and burn it. I saved tons of ammo like that.

Overall I loved the original and I'm really excited for the sequel. It was a proper RE4 continuation and sequel looks pretty good I guess.
>>
>>380035092
You're right, I forgot that sry, I really liked that part actually! It's been a while since playing

>>380035221
Burning is absolutely necessary when dealing with mobs, altough because of the games mechanics it can fuck up and not work too easily
>>
>>380035184
I know right. That and the part with the elevator in the city were really not enjoyable for me. Then again I played it on PS3 at release. I'll probably give it another go before 2 comes out.
>>
Surprised this flop got a sequel. It was boring.
>>
I beat it in PS4 when they removed the black bars via patch and I loved it.
Looking forward to the sequel.
>>
>>380035371
You should probably just play it on easy then, to enjoy the atmosphere. I'm a trophy fag and went straight for No Gel in my first run. Had a really bad time at several bosses and most horde enemy levels
>>
File: 1449397820350.png (419KB, 1100x650px) Image search: [Google]
1449397820350.png
419KB, 1100x650px
>>380035424
>1mil
>flop
You tried.
>>
>>380035569

1M nowadays is piss poor.
>>
File: 1497243655814.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497243655814.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>380031351
What is the fucking deal with white goo in TEW 2 trailer? I can't be the only one concerned about the lack of gore and blood in what we saw.
>>
>>380035569
>>380035643
Didn't it sell 3 mill?
>>
>>380035561
Eh maybe. It'd be nice to relax and just take everything in. I couldn't make heads or tails of the story the first time around.
>>
>>380035806

Maybe they though black goo was overused.
>>
>>380035643
For AAA titles, sure.
TEW wasn't even in Dead Space league in terms of development cost, bitch.
>>
>>380031351
First one was ok but could have been fantastic if it didn't feel like it was try too hard to be like TLoU.

The Evil Within 2 has a lot of potential.
>>
>>380035806
It's supposed to be in the head of a child no? maybe she doesn't know or like gore.
>>
>>380031351
>Pick it up when a bundle it's in goes on sale
>Go to install
>50+ gig download

Haha, nah
>>
>>380035184

I have to ask how good are you at games in general? I don't disagree theres some stupid bullshit in Evil Within like turret section and suddenly camera turning 180 degrees and confusing the fuck out of you when you're supposed to run from insta-kill chaser, but I mostly died like 8 times in the game. I can even remember them all:

1) Ok, don't touch Ruvik, ever. He's not just a scripted cutscene.

2-3) 2 deaths when fighting four-armed lady in an arena, had to learn the hard way burning all corpses before she spawns makes her much easier.

4) Camera turns 180 degrees when you run away from a chase in the sequence with dollheads everywhere.

5-6) 2 deaths on parking lot boss.

7) Ok you can't outswim these fish things.

8) Another "camera turns 180 degrees when you escape a chase"-in the scene with Ruvik's eye in a fleshy bridge.
>>
>>380036216
most of that has to be multi-lingual audio.
>>
>>380035812
It actually sold 4 mil.
Literally the best selling horror since golden era.
>>
Action Horror games are quite possibly the most undeservedly hated genre around.

Feels like TEW gets way too much shit because people wanted it to be something it's not.
>>
>>380035216
You're not very clever, are you?
>>
>>380035895

>I couldn't make heads or tails of the story the first time around.

Its very simple once the DLC just tells you one small key component for it all.

The new machine on top of the Asylum is a Wireless version. The moment you hear the noise in your ears, you're inside. So all the heroes were already in the dream world when they heard the sound in a car the very first minute of the game. Not just them but all the cops, inmates and people in the surrounding streets and buildings too.
>>
>>380036315
I would say I'm average. Very persisten, I don't give up easily, so even if stuff is very hard for me, I keep on trooping and finish it eventually. I am NOT good with shooters though, I think that's what gave me the most trouble in this game. (I didn't know it would have this much forced combat when going in)

My first run that I did was also Survivor, no gel. Even though I surprisingly didnt have any ammunition problems, I suffered from the damage and the low damage my weapons did because of no upgrades.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
7KB, 480x360px
If Ruben loved his sister so much then why Laura is a six-limbed wild abomination inside his mind?
>>
>>380036649

I just want a horror that isn't a walking simulator nor an action game where you actually have weapons.

Siren sorta.
>>
>>380036817
Serisously. You'd think she might appear in place of the Nurse instead. As the only good thing that gives you hope and encourages you or smth
>>
>>380036817
Because of the trauma of watching her burn. He says it in game that that laura is his torment.
>>
Flawed but pretty good. Evil within 2 trailer was hype. Hopefully they fix the problems in the first one.
>>
>>380036085
Laura is still in it and she seems less grotesque this time I think.
>>
>>380031351
so is this the good versions of resident evil but the bethesda version?
>>
>>380036817
You obviously don't have siblings.
>>
>>380036817

Because Ruben is a sick fuck with a torture dungeon with Saw traps in it. And because his pain from burns got mixed with his fantasies of vengeance and his sister, so you get this six-limbed raging monster of vengeance who has the face of his sister.
>>
>>380036982

>Serisously. You'd think she might appear in place of the Nurse instead.

The brain world is not just Ruvik's dream, its a clusterfuck of different dreams from all the people strapped in the machine. Ruvik is just the "controller" or the "king with godly powers" of the place.
>>
>>380031351
I was really excited for it when it was announced, butI was pretty disappointed with the final product

it couldn't decide if it wanted to be RE4 action-horror, or straight up survival horror

too many 1 hit kill enemies

too little ammo

needing to upgrade headshot damage is retarded

story basically ends on "it was all a dream"

they kept alluding to Seb's past as though it was important, when it wasn't important in the slightest

I liked the design of the enemies and some of the early area's, but the game took a complete nosedive the moment you enter the city
I really hope the sequel is better, because I felt let down by the first
>>
>>380037460
It's probably retarded to search for sense in this games story (because they obviously just wanted a grudge/ring like ghost girl enemy) but that still does not explain why she's not portrayed in a more favorable light. At least the six arms literally serve no other purpose than to make her look more creepy and spider like
>>
>>380037681

You do see her sister in a lot of other memories in her normal form. Four-armed monster is just Ruvik's rage of what happened to him and her sister, personified. Or thats what the Creature Viewer says when you view the 3d model.
>>
Looks like theres going to be a new monster with an object for a head, at least the trailer showed something like that.

I hope they will make it as cool as the last two:

https://youtu.be/ou0hVy_C84E
>>
File: QNuu1iE.jpg (705KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
QNuu1iE.jpg
705KB, 1920x1080px
>>380038273
It's called a camera, dumbo.
>oбcкypa
Holy cringe.
>>
>>380031351
The first game was unbearable because of its shitty gunplay and awful bosses, but I really do hope they learn from their mistakes and fix all the garbage.

The second game looks like it could be neat. It looks like they're moving aware from edgy gore horror, and leaning more towards just fucking weird shit. If that is the case, it'd be well appreciated. Also, I don't much care for Sebastian with a beard, because I feel it makes him look less interesting.
>>
>they're literally ripping off antagonists from Ubisoft games characters
Deepest lore. In the end it all will be an allegory about shitty western games dominating the market like plague.
>>
>>380031351

Thought the first was fantastic, really nailed the challenge of what a survival horror game should be on Nightmare difficulty and I liked the surrealist nature of STEM as a setting. Pretty excited for the sequel.
>>
>>380031351

Broken Beauty.

Cool universe, interesting characters, secret organization with an unknown agenda, supernatural aspects, Joseph.

Solid 7 out of 10; I want to give it an 8 but that would be being too subjective and not looking at the narrative, pacing, mechanics, characters, etc.
>>
Sad dad looks for undead daughter- didn't we do this shit with Splinter Cell I mean he even looks like Sam Fisher
>>
File: 1497262656748.jpg (342KB, 745x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497262656748.jpg
342KB, 745x1000px
I hope nothing bad has happened to her since the DLC.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.